• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
For some reason voice direction is dwindling lately in games I should be more excited for. MVCI especially has some questionable stuff. ESPECIALLY Gamora's ****ty VA
That voice actor's strike is still going on if I'm not mistaken.

If it is, the effects of it are in full force.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That voice actor's strike is still going on if I'm not mistaken.

If it is, the effects of it are in full force.
It's especially odd here, as I thought Nintendo wasn't in the list of companies they had beef with
Hopefully they'll update these games with the correct voices post strike.
That'd cost too much money

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It's especially odd here, as I thought Nintendo wasn't in the list of companies they had beef with
I don't think they were either.

But I think this is something that's affecting the industry as a whole, not just a few select companies.

For example, Laura Bailey doesn't voice Lucina anymore.

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
For the record, it's a bit of a double edged sword. There's been plenty of times where I've gotten my favorite games **** on just cause they're older Fire Emblem games. People love to bring up review scores when it comes to the older titles. I like the new games and I respect them for what they did to the franchise but damn they caused quite the rift in the community.
Is that a trend happening lately in Gamefaqs, Serenes Forest or somewhere else?

I can't think of anything other than Binding Blade (understandly) getting roasted or that Blazing Sword is overrated like a million times already. I never heard anyone talk **** about Genealogy of the Holy War or Tharcia, but it's been a while since I've drifted from any form of FE fanbase.

As such, if my post came off that way, then I apologize. I respect and appreciate both old and modern FE. But last time I've check, people do the unecessary opposite and antagonize the newer FE.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
One good thing to come out of the voice actor strike is some up and coming VAs have been getting more work.

Kyle McCarley, Ray Chase, and Alexis Tipton deserve the roles they've been getting. Easily some of my favourite VAs to come out of the woodwork.

Also some lesser used but still well-known VAs like Yuri Lowenthal, Matt Mercer, Travis Willingham, and the like have been able to be more prominent (hell, Yuri Lowenthal is ****ing Spider-Man now, never thought I'd see the day).

The voice actor strike has caused some problems but it's not all bad.

FE Warrior's issue seems to be more voice direction than anything. Alexis Tipton voiced Spring Lucina and Masked Lucina in FE Heroes, and sounded fine there, but she sounds a little off in FE Warriors. Cindy Robinson voiced Hinoka in FE Heroes and did a pretty good job voice matching her Fates VA, but she's literally using her pre-Sonic Boom Amy Rose voice for Hinoka in FE Warriors and I cannot fathom who thought that was a good idea.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Gamescom just released a new Trailer for Fire Emblem Warriors:

As expected, the Archer was Takumi and the rider was either Hinoka or Camilla. Leo's also in, but the little sisters are completely absent.
*Sees Takumi in the Fire Emblem Warriors trailer*

*Heads over to Koei Tecmo's headquarters*

And with Takumi's reveal, I'm officially buying Fire Emblem Warriors! He was the one and only character that I wanted in the game, and now that he is confirmed, this game is a guaranteed purchase for me.

I'm surprised not one person here tagged me about Takumi's reveal though. I mean, I'm probably the biggest Takumi fan in this Social...

Anyways, it was rather surprising Hinoka ended in the game after all. Almost everyone, including myself, was skeptical that she would be added into the game, but here she is. I'm actually among the people that's happy she's in the game! She seems like secondary material for me.

It also seems the newly revealed Fates characters still use their VAs from Heroes (with the exception of Leo, who was voiced by Max Mittelman in Fates, Heroes, and now Warriors as well), mainly due to the voice actor strike that is going on. Takumi's voice is alright to me. Camilla's voice sounds a bit weird. Hinoka's though? Not a fan. I'm among the people that thinks E.G. Daily was a good VA for Hinoka, and while Cindy Robinson did a good job almost matching Hinoka's dubbed voice from Fates, here, Hinoka sounds off-putting. This will take some getting used to...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just realised that the VA strike might effect Sonic Forces.

Blaze used to be voiced by Laura Bailey, so it's likely she will be replaced by Alexis Tipton (assuming Blaze is in the game and damn it she better be).

Espio was voiced by Troy Baker before but was voiced by Matt Mercer for Rio Olympics, so he'll probably come back for Forces.

Can't recall anyone else right now but it will be interesting to see.

I'm surprised not one person here tagged me about Takumi's reveal though. I mean, I'm probably the biggest Takumi fan in this Social...
I thought about it but I assumed you would have seen it regardless.

I'm among the people that thinks E.G. Daily was a good VA for Hinoka
Thanks for having good taste.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
they didnt seem that bad. only one I dont like it Hinoka and I never even liked her in general
Honestly I'm not really a fan of any of the royal children, except Azura.

...and she's the only ****ing one not confirmed.

I just want Tharja and Azura and Charlotte but she has no chance.

Come on Tecmo-Koei help a brother out.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well if the Fire Emblem Warriors trailer is anything to go by, the OG VAs have nothing to worry about. :p
idk man, Camillias is pretty good, so is Takumis, and Xander, and Leo but his va is still the same iirc

only one that sucks major eggs is Amy- I mean Hinoka

Last edited:

Chrono.

The NA site has been down for an hour. I might just make an European PSN.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
For the record, it's a bit of a double edged sword. There's been plenty of times where I've gotten my favorite games **** on just cause they're older Fire Emblem games. People love to bring up review scores when it comes to the older titles. I like the new games and I respect them for what they did to the franchise but damn they caused quite the rift in the community.
I would ask where you find these people, but apparently I'm the only one who finds places where half the things I see blasted are put on a spit roast so IDK. Only rift I've ever seen is fans of the older games flipping out about waifus ruining everything with maybe some grumbling about shallow gameplay, but I don't really follow the FE fandom.

Considering I apparently wasn't the only one wondering, I might not be going crazy though, LOL

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Even if he IS a villain, that just makes him more likely to be playable.
The thing is, he's an OC, they aren't going to include him just to throw him away as an NPC

It was regarding about Ghirahim and Zant, who people kept saying would be "boss-only" because they had been shown as bosses in the SS and TP themed trailers but werem't presented as PCs.
And the original villains were in a free update very soon after launch so they were always planned to be so.

I have no doubt he'll be playable post launch if he's a villain. I'm talking about the base roster only.
One good thing to come out of the voice actor strike is some up and coming VAs have been getting more work.

Kyle McCarley, Ray Chase, and Alexis Tipton deserve the roles they've been getting. Easily some of my favourite VAs to come out of the woodwork.

Also some lesser used but still well-known VAs like Yuri Lowenthal, Matt Mercer, Travis Willingham, and the like have been able to be more prominent (hell, Yuri Lowenthal is ****ing Spider-Man now, never thought I'd see the day).

The voice actor strike has caused some problems but it's not all bad.

FE Warrior's issue seems to be more voice direction than anything. Alexis Tipton voiced Spring Lucina and Masked Lucina in FE Heroes, and sounded fine there, but she sounds a little off in FE Warriors. Cindy Robinson voiced Hinoka in FE Heroes and did a pretty good job voice matching her Fates VA, but she's literally using her pre-Sonic Boom Amy Rose voice for Hinoka in FE Warriors and I cannot fathom who thought that was a good idea.
Minor correction, but isn't Robbie Daymond Spider-Man? Not Marth, but Tobin. :p

Chrono.

Krillin's intro is very fitting. Also you can see all your teammates in the intros now.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Well it looks like a lot happened last night.

Seeing Shenmue III get a new trailer makes me want to play the first 2 games, but I sadly don't have a Dreamcast to play it (I have watched a playthrough of the first game though).

I remember playing Sonic Heroes when I was younger and I remember enjoying it, but I never beat it because I couldn't get any of the Chaos Emeralds and I never beat Team Shadow's story. I sadly no longer have a chance to play it because my PS2 no longer works.

I'll watch the FEW and ARMS trailers once my internet actually works.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I thought about it but I assumed you would have seen it regardless.
With trailers like these, sometimes I see them first on Nintenzone, sometimes I see them elsewhere first.

With today's trailer, your assumption was right. I first saw the trailer on a different Social that someone shared it on, but that was because that other Social appeared first in my notifications. I just thought someone was going to tag me regardless since it seems to be a trend nowadays for someone to tag someone else whenever a character the other person likes appears in a game.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Here's the CSS for MvC:I now

Untitled.png

It's bland and badly organised.
All of the cosmic related Marvel characters could fit in a single column

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Here are the locations for preordering the SNES Classic:

Note that all stores will start preorders at different times.

Do not disappoint, Nintendo...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Here are the locations for preordering the SNES Classic:

Note that all stores will start preorders at different times.

Do not disappoint, Nintendo...
It's SNES fans. Is there any way Nintendo CAN'T disappoint them? :4dk:

But really, people are rabid for these things and I can't see industry wide NAND shortages helping. I think one site's preorders drained out after 15 minutes, keeping some kind of notification thing up might be a good idea if you're shooting for it.

D

Deleted member

All these SJWs want is fake equality, Jeanne Alter is the only true feminist.
Screenshot_20170821-225224.png

THIS is what equality looks like!
they didnt seem that bad. only one I dont like it Hinoka and I never even liked her in general
Her VA in Fates always made it seem like she had a cold and had just stopped screaming not out of choice but out of necessity.
And the delivery of some lines was iust awful like the Ch24 cutscene
Here's the CSS for MvC:I now

View attachment 132282

It's bland and badly organised.
All of the cosmic related Marvel characters could fit in a single column

Hey, at least Mega Man are Zero and side by side! Gotta give props to them for not ****ing it up that badly because it could be worse

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom