• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Australia doesn't have much to go on with in terms of the Solar Eclipse, but that must have been cool to see. I've probably seen at least two eclipses in my whole life, but there must have been a lot of hype for this one.

Re the Sonic games - I remember playing Sonic Heroes back on the PS2 in the old days. That wasn't too bad, but thanks for reminding me on how the Team Chaotix missions dragged on for quite some time. Don't think I ever beat the true final boss, but I probably got the Sonic, Dark and Chaotix endings. Maybe the Team Amy ending, but it's a bit foggy to remember.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For me without special glasses, I did look at the sun because I forgot there was an eclipse today and I looked up in the sky to see if the sun was being covered by something because it was a weird kind of dark.

And I saw the sun glowing really strange and immediately looked away realizing it was the eclipse.

The world looked weird, like I was looking at everything through sun glasses

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Been on a bit of a metal kick lately...Decided to give SlipKnot a listen since I haven't heard much of them apart from a few songs...

It's like if Korn was even angrier....and Korn is already pretty angry to begin with...
Still can't really comprehend why this band has 9 members...You really cannot tell when listening to their music...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
While Praline is working on comic book characters, I reflect back on the fact that I should probably work on characters for my own ideas as well. But I'm awful with names. . .or plot, LOL.

I think I've figured out a placeholder system while I only have focus on three, though.

XX: Someone who manages to wander through a weak point in space-time. Always had a bit of untapped wanderlust and thrill for action, but also in completely over their head. Approaches a tiny shard of elemental in a moment of wonder and ends up being "imbued" by it. Suddenly language barriers no longer effected her, and as it turned out it gave her fire and heat abilities as well. They're actually shockingly easy to use and control. . .if she can bring herself to mentally handle using it that long. Emotions pulsing through her mind she didn't know existed, feeling as though something is squirming in the back of her head yet just out of reach like an itch she can't scratch, knowing deep within her heart that something is watching her from within every time she lights that fire up. . .

WZ: Having a towering and muscular build enough to stand intimidating over humans and other Corvos alike, she makes her living as one of the most famous freelance professionals in her world, hunting bounties and fighting professionally at high takes for profit. Oh, you don't know Corvos, do you? Imagine a gator and a Jurassic Park velociraptor fused together and pulled itself up into the posture of a person. Then assume they have high agility, can eat darn near any food they can find, and can copy any sound they hear with more accuracy than they have any right to while sounding -just- off enough to sound identifiable and a bit creepy if you actually hear them properly. That's your Corvo. Now imagine that with a laser cannon strapped to the top of one arm and a track record for thrashing anyone that fights them. But she'll do most kinds of work as long as it seems respectable enough. Stumbling across a member of a long unseen species is enough to distract her, however, and when said curiosity touches something no sane person goes anywhere near and suddenly start talking instead of dropping dead, well. . .

ZZ: Who is he? Hot blooded, wild, cocky. He always seems to have a grin like he's on top of the world, and little he does seems to be in seriousness. No one seems to know where he came from, he more or less just invited himself along to WZ's chagrin and XX's entertainment. He doesn't seem to notice anything odd about a human wandering around the area, although maybe it's because he's more of an oddball himself. But every once in a while he does flash a more serious look, and a glance into his eyes at that moment brings to mind the image of staring into a flaming abyss. Why is he here again? He must have some angle. . .or maybe this is just how he entertains himself.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
While Praline is working on comic book characters, I reflect back on the fact that I should probably work on characters for my own ideas as well. But I'm awful with names. . .or plot, LOL.

I think I've figured out a placeholder system while I only have focus on three, though.

XX: Someone who manages to wander through a weak point in space-time. Always had a bit of untapped wanderlust and thrill for action, but also in completely over their head. Approaches a tiny shard of elemental in a moment of wonder and ends up being "imbued" by it. Suddenly language barriers no longer effected her, and as it turned out it gave her fire and heat abilities as well. They're actually shockingly easy to use and control. . .if she can bring herself to mentally handle using it that long. Emotions pulsing through her mind she didn't know existed, feeling as though something is squirming in the back of her head yet just out of reach like an itch she can't scratch, knowing deep within her heart that something is watching her from within every time she lights that fire up. . .

WZ: Having a towering and muscular build enough to stand intimidating over humans and other Corvos alike, she makes her living as one of the most famous freelance professionals in her world, hunting bounties and fighting professionally at high takes for profit. Oh, you don't know Corvos, do you? Imagine a gator and a Jurassic Park velociraptor fused together and pulled itself up into the posture of a person. Then assume they have high agility, can eat darn near any food they can find, and can copy any sound they hear with more accuracy than they have any right to while sounding -just- off enough to sound identifiable and a bit creepy if you actually hear them properly. That's your Corvo. Now imagine that with a laser cannon strapped to the top of one arm and a track record for thrashing anyone that fights them. But she'll do most kinds of work as long as it seems respectable enough. Stumbling across a member of a long unseen species is enough to distract her, however, and when said curiosity touches something no sane person goes anywhere near and suddenly start talking instead of dropping dead, well. . .

ZZ: Who is he? Hot blooded, wild, cocky. He always seems to have a grin like he's on top of the world, and little he does seems to be in seriousness. No one seems to know where he came from, he more or less just invited himself along to WZ's chagrin and XX's entertainment. He doesn't seem to notice anything odd about a human wandering around the area, although maybe it's because he's more of an oddball himself. But every once in a while he does flash a more serious look, and a glance into his eyes at that moment brings to mind the image of staring into a flaming abyss. Why is he here again? He must have some angle. . .or maybe this is just how he entertains himself.
The creature designer in me is tempted to draw on of these Corvos....

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I woke up just on time today to see the solar eclipse.

I only slept for like 4 hours last night and I just happened to wake up to see it

I wonder if the position of the sun and moon and the eclipsing of the sun has some kind of weird effect on animals
It makes birds freak out

Chrono.

Watching YGO anime was a bad idea because now I wanna get into the actual card game again.

Unfortunately card games are expensive so I'm gonna have to settle with... Whatever I can find online.

Also the meta has evolved A LOT since I last played (early Zexal-era) so uhh... This should be something.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Last edited:

Chrono.

New DBFZ trailer. The hype is real.

Minor point of contention is that the Blue forms are pre order bonuses.

Also: Make this the new & Knuckles.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

The part with Krillin and 18 makes me hope that we get team attacks like Supersonic Warriors 2.

Chrono.

The new Boruto's Dad game has a character creator. So you could self insert yourself or make an OC.

Gameplay has me scratching my head a little but an avatar maker does sound enticing.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

17: "Oh no"
Poor dude lol.
Im hoping for a standalone 18 tho, considering her DBS version is seen in the trailer.
Everything looks hype af, 16 looks boss, the artwork is on point and that forbidden story thing looks damn cool.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
The moment they showed the ruined city I thought they were gonna show Black.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
lmao the SNES Classic pre-orders suddenly went up in Best Buy's site and all got sold out in 15 minutes.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Gamescom just released a new Trailer for Fire Emblem Warriors:

As expected, the Archer was Takumi and the rider was either Hinoka or Camilla. Leo's also in, but the little sisters are completely absent.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
The new Boruto's Dad game has a character creator. So you could self insert yourself or make an OC.

Gameplay has me scratching my head a little but an avatar maker does sound enticing.
DeviantArt is going to have a field day. First Sonic, now Naruto....ooo boy.

That being said, the gameplay...are they going for a Dissidia Final Fantasy 2015 deal? Except with 4 characters rather than 3? Although, the Giant Monster battles in the trailer also give me a bit of Monster Hunter vibes as well. Admittingly, the gameplay looks decent. But I've long lost my interest in Naruto after it dragged on for too long so I can't say I'm interested.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i WARNED yall it would be a female clown now you all have to deal with the repressed memories you didnt realzie you had!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Dude, the companies are in full trailer dropping mode tonight.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It just occurred to me over dinner that Lola Pop might be the closest we get to seeing Lanky Kong in the game.
>Funny Face --> Clowns
>Stretch her arms out just for you
>Inflate herself just like a balloon

Hopefully this isn't just me.

Chrono.

Lola Pop is surprisingly cute, I expected monster clown from the blurry preview we got.

Happy Takumi and Cam made it in (not like they weren't a lock anyway).

That release date is a death knell though, one week before Mario. RIP this game.
Dude, the companies are in full trailer dropping mode tonight.
Gamescon is indeed a thing this week.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
BRUH, THERE'S A MISSINGNO ICON NOW:000:

That explains the site's issues of last week.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Lola Pop is surprisingly cute, I expected monster clown from the blurry preview we got.

Happy Takumi and Cam made it in (not like they weren't a lock anyway).

That release date is a death knell though, one week before Mario. RIP this game.

Gamescon is indeed a thing this week.
wait theres a release date for somewhere other than japan who will buy it soley based on their love of all things muso?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
i WARNED yall it would be a female clown now you all have to deal with the repressed memories you didnt realzie you had!
My DeviantArt account is ready. :4jigglypuff:

Jokes aside, her playstyle looks pretty goofy and fun; like a good 'ol clown.

It just occurred to me over dinner that Lola Pop might be the closest we get to seeing Lanky Kong in the game.
>Funny Face --> Clowns
>Stretch her arms out just for you
>Inflate herself just like a balloon

Hopefully this isn't just me.
SHE

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Nintendo's Gamescom stream was playing Smash Bros. music.

inb4 it means nothing.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Nintendo's Gamescom stream was playing Smash Bros. music.

inb4 it means nothing.
wild guess
smash for switch revealed to have triple the content includes new dating sim mode and comes bundled with a random amiibo out of a set that can only be gotten with the game featuring new poses color pallets with a grand total of 135 unique characters and 45 alt costumes

regular guess its nothing

hopefull guess smash gets teased for a new direct this november

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I got me lots of Fire Emblem Warriors confirmations.

I got me a cool clown girl in ARMs.

I beat Tales of Vesperia.

I played TF2 with @God Robert's Cousin .

This has been a really good night.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So what do you guys think about that DBFZ trailer? Or the new ARMS character?

I think that the Blue forms are unlockable, but preordering gets them right away. I'm a little surprised it's coming out in February. Can't wait to see even more of this game.

Other than that, the new stages look great.

EDIT: I got an alert and thought someone posted after me, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The sheer randomness that FFXV has become never ceases to amaze me.

Interesting that Square Enix is looking to bringing FFXV to a console that sounds a lot like Twitch.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Interesting that Square Enix is looking to bringing FFXV to a console that sounds a lot like Twitch.
Source?

EDIT:

Saw it.

Let's hope FFXV gets on Switch.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On the topic of Sonic games.

Unleashed is high quality and people who don't like it just have bad taste. :^]

Also, Black Knight has the best characterisation for Modern Sonic, something people never seem to talk about. Jason Griffith was also at his best here. It's also not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. It's not very buggy and the gameplay, while a bit shallow at times, is still generally a good time and it's easy to pick up and play, while also being challenging if you wanna go for 100%. Graphics are top tier for a Wii game, and the soundtrack is one of the best in the series. The mix of rock and celtic instrumentation is just sublime, and even the menu themes are just beautiful.

Also yay for Takumi.

EDIT: OK I watched the trailer and OH GOD WHAT ARE THOSE VOICES

Takumi doesn't sound terrible, but he definitely sounds off.

Camilla just sounds like a generic "sexy lady". Granted she sounded like this in Heroes but she at least retained some of the older "MILF" vibes from her original voice. I may not like the character much but her original voice did fit her really well.

AND OH GOD HINOKA WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOU?
That's almost definitely Cindy Robinson. Who isn't a bad VA, but her Hinoka voice just sounds as far from the original as it could. If Hinoka doesn't have a Buttercup voice, you're doing it wrong. She just sounds like Minnie Mouse now.

I wasn't banking on it, but I almost don't want characters like Rinkah, Kaze, and Felicia to show up in fear they'd ruin their voices.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So the Soul Stone in MvCi does what you'd expect. It revives a teammate. It also life steals as its basic power.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So the Soul Stone in MvCi does what you'd expect. It revives a teammate. It also life steals as its basic power.
By how much does it revive a teammate? It wouldn't bring them back to full health right?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

As expected, the Archer was Takumi and the rider was either Hinoka or Camilla. Leo's also in, but the little sisters are completely absent.
Good lord those voices are horrendous.

Can't say I'm that surprised or excited by this trailer since we knew all these characters were getting in anyway.

D

Deleted member

This actually looks fun tbh, and I'm actually excited for the Avatar Maker because, when I was a kid watching it, Naruto OCs were one of the main things me and my friends loved to make.

Guess I was wrong about Hinoka, she's redundant. But hey, this also means Caeda could get the Wing Spear because **** diversity amirite.

Corrin: "I love all my siblings equally: Cander, Camilla, Leo and... *looks at smudged writing on hand* ...Lissa."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom