• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well that was disappointing. It didn't even get dark.

The energy of the eclipse feels cool but overall, nothing really changed.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
well that was a partial eclipes alright. Thanks virginia beach,that sure was life changing. woo
WOW! THAT WAS ****ING AWESOME!

I loved the darkness and seeing the beauty of the miracle.
lucky.... My first ****ing Eclipse and it was a pile of **** that wasnt worth my excitment at all. Living in Virginia Beach sucks ass. I hate it here. Everything here is boring, even the first and last Eclipse Ill probably even see

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Reminder to not look at the sun during the eclipse as it gets a 1.5x damage multiplier when low on health

Everyone talks about Nintendo vs. Capcom game ideas but what if:
Nintendo vs. Cartoon Network?

I mean, CN already has a bad Smash ripoff so it has some base behind it

Eww, no.

Not with how modern CN is.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
yeah,dont worry I couldnt take a picture either, it was ****ing boring anyway.:034:
Look at this monster.
Obligatory diecast bragging.
Screenshot_2017-08-21-13-03-09.png
Fun fact: Last week I bought the type of sunglasses this driver use, they're pretty dark, to the point I think they helped to accumulate a pseudo Level 14 protection.
3 pairs of shades allowed me to see the sun for 2 seconds, 6 pairs allowed me to see for up to 8 seconds; my eyes are fine.

To all the people who were working and couldnt see the eclipse, i salute you (im one of them)

to everyone outside the US. . . i only half salute you :troll:

cant groceries wait 5 minutes for an eclipse? i mean nothing happened gere and it didnt get dark, but still

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Eclipse talk, Eclipse talk, everywhere. I guess it's not that surprising since it doesn't happen often.

Suddenly, Junkertown! And Junkrat and Roadhog.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Like some people who posted here earlier, I can't see the eclispe where I live because of how cloudy it is.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It live in the perfect place for it, but it's far too smoky due to forest fires here.

So I didn't even try.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
*watches the live stream of the eclipse on the Dutch public broadcast corporation*
*stream goes black after a while*
I've seen black, but not the black I expected to see.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Eclipse talk, Eclipse talk, everywhere. I guess it's not that surprising since it doesn't happen often.

Suddenly, Junkertown! And Junkrat and Roadhog.
Alright, this is my favourite Overwatch animation hands down. And not just because Junkrat is my favourite Overwatch character even if I don't play the actual game, the humor was top-notch and the animation was superb.

Bravo Blizzard, you know how to present for sure.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I wouldn't mind a Nintendo vs CN game too much so long as it isn't set to modern times. You'd be missing out on the majority of the cast of better CN, like Samurai Jack, Dexter, Ed Edd Eddy, etc..

But I would totally be on board for Nintendo vs Pixar. THAT would be amazing.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
For effectively being the :4cloud: of Fire Emblem, Marth really got the short end of the stick.

Only one of his games got a release in the West, and the one that did sold poorly, in part because it had extremely unappealing visuals.

I haven't played it yet, but I kinda wish Shadow Dragon never happened solely because it would have made an SoV style game for Marth possible. It'll probably never happen now because they'd view it as redundant.
How would a SoV style game happen for Mystery of the Emblem? Shadow Dragon plays how MotE played and Shadows of Valentia plays like how Gaiden played.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
How would a SoV style game happen for Mystery of the Emblem? Shadow Dragon plays how MotE played and Shadows of Valentia plays like how Gaiden played.
Shadow Dragon isn't a remake of Mystery of the Emblem though, that's what New Mystery of the Emblem is.

By SoV style I just meant the artstyle and having full voice acting and 3D models and all that.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
While you Americans were gawping at your eclipses and stuff, I managed to complete Valter's GHB in FE Heroes with Leon killing every unit on the map, so I decided to upload it here:

The video quality is a bit iffy in spots because my phone was struggling to both run the game and record video, and there's no actual in-game sound because of how Google Play Games can only record sound via microphone, but it didn't turn out too bad, I think.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic social media and Razer are doing a giveaway together, includes a Sonic Mania CE signed by members of Sonic Team and the dev team.

https://wn.nr/EPDwrT

Also, Famitsu will be live streaming some upcoming SEGA games in 2 days, including Sonic Forces. Considering the magazine teaser and the fact SEGA updated the press server for Forces, we should see something new regarding the game on Wednesday.

https://youtu.be/bS7P0qs4Xso

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Shadow Dragon isn't a remake of Mystery of the Emblem though, that's what New Mystery of the Emblem is.

By SoV style I just meant the artstyle and having full voice acting and 3D models and all that.
Isn't New Mystery of the Emblem the 3rd Fire Emblem game?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wouldn't mind a Nintendo vs CN game too much so long as it isn't set to modern times. You'd be missing out on the majority of the cast of better CN, like Samurai Jack, Dexter, Ed Edd Eddy, etc..

But I would totally be on board for Nintendo vs Pixar. THAT would be amazing.
Marvel vs DC would be the best choice, in both terms of hype and money. I'd also want a Nintendo vs Capcom.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"Did I Forget To Turn The Stove Off: Part III" just got a teaser trailer.

Looks super pretty but I suppose the facial expressions are just tradition at this point. :V

D

Deleted member

I finished the F/GO prologue
I knew this was coming since I watched the OVA but Olga was just kind there in the animation, here however, I felt like they really developed her character enough for me to sympathize for her and now I want to kick Leff's ass because Olga did nothing wrong
Screenshot_20170821-200724.png

Rip in particles Olga
You didn't deserve that, pal

Got Koujirou to his first Ascension, that skin sure is a letdown. He deserves better man
Saber Alter kicked my ass but it's not like it matters when Cu is a sub-member and can take her out in the next turn.

"Next time, summon me as a Lancer"
YOU ****ING IDIOT YOU JUST FOUGHT ALONGSIDE YOUR LANCER SELF

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I need to try the first two Shenmue games...

Anyone know how I can play them?

Ivander

Smash Legend
I finished the F/GO prologue
I knew this was coming since I watched the OVA but Olga was just kind there in the animation, here however, I felt like they really developed her character enough for me to sympathize for her and now I want to kick Leff's *** because Olga did nothing wrong
View attachment 132277
Rip in particles Olga
You didn't deserve that, pal

Got Koujirou to his first Ascension, that skin sure is a letdown. He deserves better man
Saber Alter kicked my *** but it's not like it matters when Cu is a sub-member and can take her out in the next turn.

"Next time, summon me as a Lancer"
YOU ****ING IDIOT YOU JUST FOUGHT ALONGSIDE YOUR LANCER SELF

The first Ascension isn't much for some. Mostly because their first Ascension is their normal power(as this tends to be the form you see other Servants use when doing the Story mode). Think of when they are first summoned as a weakened version of themselves and their first Ascension as them getting their power back. Than their 3rd Ascension/Next Saint Graph as them actually powering up further beyond.
Anyway, their 3rd Ascension is usually when they have a change that is very noticeable. And since you're going to Orleans next, Kojirou will be useful due to the amount of Rider enemies you will face.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

1) Buy a Dreamcast and the original games.

2) Buy a new Xbox copy of Shenmue 2. If you don't have an Xbox, it's backwards compatible with an Xbox 360 (and if you have neither then you will have to buy one). Shenmue 2 on Xbox comes with a DVD cutscene movie thing of the first game, as well as an in-game story summary, which should suffice if you just want to get caught up on the story.

3) Emulator.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
While you Americans were gawping at your eclipses and stuff, I managed to complete Valter's GHB in FE Heroes with Leon killing every unit on the map, so I decided to upload it here:

The video quality is a bit iffy in spots because my phone was struggling to both run the game and record video, and there's no actual in-game sound because of how Google Play Games can only record sound via microphone, but it didn't turn out too bad, I think.
I'm impressed, have only done up to Lunatic myself, and that was after modeling my opening moves and team loosely off of another video. Sonya, Azura, Lukas, and Bridal Cordelia worked well, but I'm not sure it's well enough to do Infernal. ^^;

Also I promoted someone I wanted to get to five stars long ago but didn't feel like I had the spare feathers for luxury.

IMG_8119.PNG

Still has a long way to go with Skill inheritance and SP, but I'm excited. :)

D

Deleted member

The first Ascension isn't much for some. Mostly because their first Ascension is their normal power(as this tends to be the form you see other Servants use when doing the Story mode). Think of when they are first summoned as a weakened version of themselves and their first Ascension as them getting their power back. Than their 3rd Ascension/Next Saint Graph as them actually powering up further beyond.
Anyway, their 3rd Ascension is usually when they have a change that is very noticeable. And since you're going to Orleans next, Kojirou will be useful due to the amount of Rider enemies you will face.
The true Hero of France is coming through!

I'm really enjoying GO so far, my only real complaint is how leveling works, I don't mind stuff like this for the NPs, Craft Essences and such but I'm talking about leveling my own characters! On the other side, this also means I don't have to ever worry about hours of grinding if I get a new Servant.

And thankfully, the daily quests were materials for Assassin and Lancer... which are the two classes I'm using :p

I'm almost dropping Mash though.
Emphasis on "almost", her tanking abilities aren't all that useful outside of boss fights(and even then, she wasn't able to use Lord Chaldeas against Saber Alter with a 60% starting point, meaning it's unreliable at best), the thing is, I don't really have a replacement for her.
I'm someone who likes to play favorites and no one is getting into my party until I've declared to protect them and that they deserve better.
On the other hand, I got a free Caste Cu Chulainn so maybe I could...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I got my dads inventing genes. You know that ediable cookie dough I made? Well I wanted Coffee cookie dough and it came out like cake batter so I kept adding flour but it was still moist my sis said "At this point, you should bake them"

Will update how the mfers taste

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm impressed, have only done up to Lunatic myself, and that was after modeling my opening moves and team loosely off of another video. Sonya, Azura, Lukas, and Bridal Cordelia worked well, but I'm not sure it's well enough to do Infernal. ^^;
Just use the free Olivias or something and run three dancers with Cordelia. That should work pretty well, since most of the enemies on the map are fliers. If you're working only "loosely" off another video, it's unlikely to go exactly as planned for you, given all the changes in the AI's priority that even a single different unit can bring about, so while I'm sure you can get some ideas of what to do from them, you will need to change your plans somewhere along the way.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

ARMS is getting a small manga.

Also, I found some amazing Mechanica gameplay.

This players makes her look super fast.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I finally managed to grind out another 20 orbs, need suggestions on what banner to pull from:

http://www.strawpoll.me/13760382
I've been pulling from the Sacred Stones banner since it's a pretty good deal.

Amelia has the highest BST in the game and has Armour March which could make an Armour team really threatening. If you have a spare Hector (not likely, lol), give her Distant Counter and she becomes a monster, basically becoming a better version of Hector due to her alarming speed for an armour unit and better weapon.

Tana is a really solid and well rounded flier unit and has Guidance which allows for some fun positioning strats, especially in co-operation with good ranged units.

Innes seems like he'd be one of the best Res tanks in the game, if not the best, meaning he's basically a mage killer.

Seth is the odd one out and isn't really worth pulling for. He's basically a Stahl clone.

Chrono.

1. Get a PS4.
2. Buy Yakuza Kiwami
3. ????
4. Profit.

But really, unless you're willing to spend a lot of money for a Dreamcast + the games (though there's an Xbox port of 2, which is compatible on a 360) the Yakuza series is probably your best bet on how to get a feel for Shenmue as they pull A LOT from it.

Also Yakuza needs more fans in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom