• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Real talk though, why NoA has been so cautious about Mother 3's localization?

Is it because the game contains many references to sensitive subjects in America or... ?
Likely a number of reasons. Maybe EarthBound and EarthBound Beginnings had low virtual console sales. Maybe there's music copyright issues like with EarthBound having Johnny B Goode while Mother 3 has the Batman theme. Maybe due to it being a tremendous translation undertaking for minimal payoff. With EarthBound Beginnings, at least, there was an existing prototype. Maybe because anyone who wants to play it enough to buy it has already downloaded the rom and fan translation, and e remainder left wouldn't cover the cost of translation. Maybe because those same folks would inevitably compare it unfavorably to the fan translation.

Likely, it's a mix of all of the above. It's partly why I don't think it'll ever be officially localized.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pokken DX demo coming to the EShop Soon™
I'm actually considering buying it this time as I have no fighting games for my Switch and they fill my soul when my mind is tired of numbers.
It's got VERY effeminate crossdressing men as a major plot point. Considering how the US always has a huge bunch of people **** their nappies when they're told LGBT people exist, it's BOUND to cause controversy, especially in this "muh sjws ruining muh video games by making everything gay" age
I'm pretty sure it's not related to that, even now that Nintendo has been more open regarding LGBT characters and especially crossdressing if you just look at games like TriForce Heroes and Miitomo
It's likely due to the reasons we don't know. It doesn't have a partially done English translation like Mother 1, fan translation be damned.
Or they just don't want to localise it because Reggie is a **** and he fired Bill

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
hard to feel excited about MH XX when its not getting a west localization
I honestly doubt they'll skip out on localizing the game. Their official statement was no plans 'at this time' that's a nice way of saying 'nothing to announce' and considering Ultra Street Fighter II sold better than expected I'm sure this is one of the games that's coming.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo is waiting for the most opportune time to release Mother 3. Guarantee it'll be one of the first games to be released with the Nintendo subscription service, or with the inevitable VC. Not to say that it was an easy game to translate and localize I just feel that enough references to it have been made too hint that it's a 'don't worry it's coming' deal.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
O ****, the sky is clear here despite the rain forecast, eclipse tiem.

*sees a small cloud on the distance*
*yells at it*

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I honestly doubt they'll skip out on localizing the game. Their official statement was no plans 'at this time' that's a nice way of saying 'nothing to announce' and considering Ultra Street Fighter II sold better than expected I'm sure this is one of the games that's coming.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo is waiting for the most opportune time to release Mother 3. Guarantee it'll be one of the first games to be released with the Nintendo subscription service, or with the inevitable VC. Not to say that it was an easy game to translate and localize I just feel that enough references to it have been made too hint that it's a 'don't worry it's coming' deal.
I don't think it'll be a subscription game because it's single player and a GBA game.

For VC/VC replacement or if they revamp the subscription even further, I definitely see an announcement by the end of Q1 next year. Their hinting wasn't just "it's happening" but practically "we're probably going to announce this within the year just watch us."

Chrono.

Yeah I don't think Mother 3 will ever be localized. Not because the game itself has weird themes or anything like that, I really don't think it's a problem.

It's more how it'd be waaaay too much work to translate the game only for the payoff to be minimum. Localization costs money and Mother 3 just has a very dedicated cult fanbase so they might not see it as worth the effort. It's kinda why I believe that recent rumor that came out that apparently only Iwata was really pushing for it to be localized.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
A Distant Demon A Distant Demon go pick up Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed right now don't think I didn't see you.
Yeah! And if you get the PC version you can play as The Heavy from TF2 and everyone's favorite SEGA characters! YOGSCAST!:secretkpop:

I actually **** you not that's a real thing

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Cartoon Network's We Bare Bears made a Nintendo Switch & ARMS promotion in a commercial (currently in potato quality)

Too bad CN only plays Teen Titans GO! all god damn day instead of shows with actual quality.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah! And if you get the PC version you can play as The Heavy from TF2 and everyone's favorite SEGA characters! YOGSCAST!:secretkpop:

I actually **** you not that's a real thing
If they make a third one I hope that they finally add Mario fir the Switch version.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yeah I don't think Mother 3 will ever be localized. Not because the game itself has weird themes or anything like that, I really don't think it's a problem.

It's more how it'd be waaaay too much work to translate the game only for the payoff to be minimum. Localization costs money and Mother 3 just has a very dedicated cult fanbase so they might not see it as worth the effort. It's kinda why I believe that recent rumor that came out that apparently only Iwata was really pushing for it to be localized.
I doubt that. There's been far too many jokes cracked and references made to the localizing of Mother 3 for it to never happen. Earthbound sold VERY well and that was just a matter of getting the licenses of music sorted out. Earthbound Beginnings even got localized and although that wasn't as big of a deal it still happened. Those already had translated versions, Mother 3 didn't. It's just a matter of time until we get Mother 3, honestly.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've said it once and I'll say it again. You know what I want localized? New Mystery of the Emblem.

The fact that the west only got half of Marth's saga is just sad.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Ugh, of all the days to be cloudy, why this one? I'm hoping it clears soon because I'd hate to miss it.

Sometimes all it takes are the wrong words in the wrong context to create a huge mess.

By the way, liking your new avatar. You wouldn't happen to frequent the speculation threads, would you?
Thanks, I visit the thread from time to time, but I haven't really been there too often since I'm not currently into speculation at the moment. Lycanroc is one of the Gen 7 Pokémon I want to see in Smash so I am rooting for it!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Too bad the weather is quite cloudy here in the Chicagoland area, so it looks like I won't be able to see the eclipse. Ah well...

D

Deleted member

Reminder to not look at the sun during the eclipse as it gets a 1.5x damage multiplier when low on health
Cartoon Network's We Bare Bears made a Nintendo Switch & ARMS promotion in a commercial (currently in potato quality)

Too bad CN only plays Teen Titans GO! all god damn day instead of shows with actual quality.
Everyone talks about Nintendo vs. Capcom game ideas but what if:
Nintendo vs. Cartoon Network?

I mean, CN already has a bad Smash ripoff so it has some base behind it

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
****, I don't live in an area affected by the full eclipse, but it got dark, yo.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Reminder to not look at the sun during the eclipse as it gets a 1.5x damage multiplier when low on health

Everyone talks about Nintendo vs. Capcom game ideas but what if:
Nintendo vs. Cartoon Network?

I mean, CN already has a bad Smash ripoff so it has some base behind it

You mean SSB vs. Teen Titans GO!? :troll:

(Again, get your **** together CN)

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well damn, I looked up at the sky for 1 second and now I'm a blind vampire werewolf.

Thanks a lot, solar eclipse.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>5 pairs of sunglasses used together is not enough protection for the eclipse.

Checkmate, I used 6 :denzel:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Been listening to the song that best fits for today:

Even being half an hour away from totality, it's still very bright outside (I can only look through the glasses for ~12 seconds each time before I need to take a breather).

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've said it once and I'll say it again. You know what I want localized? New Mystery of the Emblem.

The fact that the west only got half of Marth's saga is just sad.
For effectively being the :4cloud: of Fire Emblem, Marth really got the short end of the stick.

Only one of his games got a release in the West, and the one that did sold poorly, in part because it had extremely unappealing visuals.

I haven't played it yet, but I kinda wish Shadow Dragon never happened solely because it would have made an SoV style game for Marth possible. It'll probably never happen now because they'd view it as redundant.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yo, it got real dark here. Real spooky.

Oh hey I wonder what this blood covered skull does!:evil:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
The eclipse was pretty cool. Never thought much of it until I got to actually witness it.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well,despite the cloudy skys, I was still able to see a solar eclipse in Chicago. Not a total one, but one where I at least saw the moon travel over the sun.

I only wonder where in America did Arceus show up when the total solar eclipse arrived.*

*For those that don't understand the reference, there was a major plot point in the Arceus movie where Arceus returned to the Pokemon World during the event of solar eclipse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom