• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'd pull on the Sacred Stones banner if Innes's bow was inheritable. Got excited for a moment when I saw a physical "owl" weapon but then I saw the lack of a + on the name... Ah well.

Unrelated but when are they going to release standard Charlotte? We didn't have to wait this long for Xander after the Spring banner. The game needs more axes as well. We've gotten a lot of pandering to the newer games lately, sure, but it's strange to have had her in a wedding dress for several months now without any clue of when we see her as her true berserker self.

Just use the free Olivias or something and run three dancers with Cordelia. That should work pretty well, since most of the enemies on the map are fliers. If you're working only "loosely" off another video, it's unlikely to go exactly as planned for you, given all the changes in the AI's priority that even a single different unit can bring about, so while I'm sure you can get some ideas of what to do from them, you will need to change your plans somewhere along the way.
I'll have to give it a try tomorrow perhaps. If nothing else for another Panic Ploy. Although I must admit, Valter's artwork is fantastic and his unique weapon seems pretty solid... I might have to keep one.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Dr. Strange is rocking out big time.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

ARMS is getting a small manga.

Also, I found some amazing Mechanica gameplay.

This players makes her look super fast.
Mechanika is really not that slow...Don't know why people still think she is...

She's got some great mobility as a heavy when you're using her charge...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Goten is explaining who Majin Buu is

While my character is a Majin

And I have good Buu in my party...

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Couldnt play P4 so I made a detour

Everything about this game is weird
The music, the physics, the enemies, the ring placement, the enemies, the time travel gimmick, the checkpoint placement, etc etc

even this little guy.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Unrelated but when are they going to release standard Charlotte? We didn't have to wait this long for Xander after the Spring banner. The game needs more axes as well. We've gotten a lot of pandering to the newer games lately, sure, but it's strange to have had her in a wedding dress for several months now without any clue of when we see her as her true berserker self.
She's not actually in the game yet, so basically whenever they have a dedicated Fates banner, it's possible that she might be on it. Even then it's not guaranteed. In Xander's case, he was already in the game, so it was just a case of releasing his GHB so players could recruit him.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'd pull on the Sacred Stones banner if Innes's bow was inheritable. Got excited for a moment when I saw a physical "owl" weapon but then I saw the lack of a + on the name... Ah well.

I'll have to give it a try tomorrow perhaps. If nothing else for another Panic Ploy. Although I must admit, Valter's artwork is fantastic and his unique weapon seems pretty solid... I might have to keep one.
Yeah man I need classic Charlotte badly.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

The music, the physics, the enemies, the ring placement, the enemies, the time travel gimmick, the checkpoint placement, etc etc

even this little guy.
Weird's probably a fair assessment. I mean, I enjoyed it, but where Sonic 2 leaned into the speed aspect of Sonic from Sonic 1 the CD devs leaned into the pinball aspect and designed it far more around exploration.

It's like Sonic 1 spawned two completely different polished products and CD is this strange side evolution that never really grew any further.

Was the first time Amy showed up in a game, though. Pretty sure her and Charmy both came from a manga, Charmy popped up in Chaotix, then Amy got pulled into the core cast while Charmy dropped off the earth until Heroes.

While I'm on that tangent, Vector dates all the way back to prototype concepts for Sonic 1, initially being a keyboard artist for Sonic's band.

Chrono.

even this little guy.
Sonic CD is definitely an acquired taste, it's my favorite of the old Sonic games but I also totally understand why a lot folks don't care for it. I think Mania manages to pull off CD-style levels better than CD itself (which isn't surprising Mania heavily draws from it as CD is Taxman's favorite Sonic game).

The music and aesthetics are definitely top notch, which is why I was really glad to see the new levels and the soundtrack have a very similar feel to it. Hell, Mirage Saloon is essentially a finished/heavily reworked version of Desert Dazzle. A new level Taxman wanted to add to his remake of CD, but couldn't.

Just see for yourself.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I thought of another character for my comics, it's pretty dorky. lol

Laguna and Hourglass get forcibly fused into a beast. It's called "Beach Bod". Cause like... sand and water powers... Yeah maybe it's dumb. lol

Well. . .that game was short haha.

Final Resutl
Weird/10
It's okay. I like it a tad more than 1, simply because it doesnt have Marble zone. I think I need to replay it just to get some stuff down, but not today

CD down, heroes is up next, then i'll skip to mania because I cant handle the spoiler avoiding anymore.

After that

Shadow
Secret Rings
Unleashed (I have hopes for this one actually)
Black knight

All in a row. Send help.
Ill probably put the handheld games like Advance and Rush in between each game to keep my sanity.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I thought of another character for my comics, it's pretty dorky. lol

Laguna and Hourglass get forcibly fused into a beast. It's called "Beach Bod". Cause like... sand and water powers... Yeah maybe it's dumb. lol
Well, an hourglass shaped figure does make for a pretty good beach bod. . .

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I've been pulling from the Sacred Stones banner since it's a pretty good deal.

Amelia has the highest BST in the game and has Armour March which could make an Armour team really threatening. If you have a spare Hector (not likely, lol), give her Distant Counter and she becomes a monster, basically becoming a better version of Hector due to her alarming speed for an armour unit and better weapon.

Tana is a really solid and well rounded flier unit and has Guidance which allows for some fun positioning strats, especially in co-operation with good ranged units.

Innes seems like he'd be one of the best Res tanks in the game, if not the best, meaning he's basically a mage killer.

Seth is the odd one out and isn't really worth pulling for. He's basically a Stahl clone.
I didn't get any of the Sacred Stones characters.

But I did get a 5* Azura, so that's nice. The real question is how am I going to get another 20 orbs to summon again? :thinking:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well, an hourglass shaped figure does make for a pretty good beach bod. . .
Well she's called Hourglass cause she has sand based powers and has an ability that slows down objects within a small radius around her, and less cause she has an hourglass figure, which she has more of a stockier frame.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well she's called Hourglass cause she has sand based powers and has an ability that slows down objects within a small radius around her, and less cause she has an hourglass figure, which she has more of a stockier frame.
Who needs basic observational skills when you can have layered puns, though? :upsidedown:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Final Resutl
Weird/10
It's okay. I like it a tad more than 1, simply because it doesnt have Marble zone. I think I need to replay it just to get some stuff down, but not today

CD down, heroes is up next, then i'll skip to mania because I cant handle the spoiler avoiding anymore.

After that

Shadow
Secret Rings
Black knight

All in a row. Send help.
Ill probably put the handheld games like Advance and Rush in between each game to keep my sanity.
Fair warning.

Heroes and Unleashed are the only good ones from that list. Though Shadow can be fun at times and Black Knight is at worst, okay.

06 is just fun to **** around in.

Chrono.

Fair warning.

Heroes and Unleashed are the only good ones from that list. Though Shadow can be fun at times and Black Knight is at worst, okay.

06 is just fun to **** around in.
I wouldn't say Heroes is good... Too much jank that brings the game down for me.

But then again it might just be me.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wouldn't say Heroes is good... Too much jank that brings the game down for me.

But then again it might just be me.
I dunno.

I personally love Heroes.

It's just one of the more creative and fun Sonic games in my opinion.

I know what you mean by jank. There is definitely some, but nowhere near bad levels imo.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Final Resutl
Weird/10

After that

Shadow
Secret Rings
Black knight

All in a row. Send help.
Heads up for Heroes.

Play as Team Rose when going for the special stages.

Their levels are significantly shorter compared to the other teams. So if you fail a special stage, it'll be much less punishing than if you did them with any of the other teams.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I think Heroes is a fun game.

... Well, as long as you don't try to 100% it. Then it's not as fun.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Some of those remixed Chaotix missions are a real pain.

That Mystic Manor extra mission haunts me to this day.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I appreciated the fact that they went out of their way to add a little variety for the Chaotix.

But... yeah.
I mean I like Chaotix as a whole...

But that mission......

Heads up for Heroes.

Play as Team Rose when going for the special stages.

Their levels are significantly shorter compared to the other teams. So if you fail a special stage, it'll be much less punishing than if you did them with any of the other teams.
I didnt even know Special Stages were in Heroes. .. man it's been a long time since i've played.

I loved heroes as a kid, but question how I will feel about it from a replay like 10 years later. Playing the same basic areas 4 times will be a pain, and I remember hating some of Chaotix missions. I still hate lanterns to this day, and that was forever ago.

I wonder if ill be able to replicate the glitch that let's you send team dark to the moon from an awkwardly placed gravity changed in the haunted mansion. . .

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Did anyone here manage to catch the eclipse in-person? Just curious.

____

On the topic of Sonic games, I've seriously only played Unleashed.

I'm not sure whether I've largely missed out or mostly been dodging bullets.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Jesus Christ. Being a peer counselor at my university sure is a lot of work.

At least the freshman/rookies they assigned me weren't total brats.
How's that job going for you so far?

A Distant Demon A Distant Demon Unleashed is a game that's decent. I think it was hit too hard by critics. While the werehog stages can get slow and dry, the mechanics aren't broken at all from what I remember. And the normal Sonic/day stages are fantastic! There are so many incredible levels in the day stage side of Unleashed. Out of the Sonic games you still have to play, Unleashed is at the top of the recommendation list for me.

Oh wow i DO remember these special stages. Man that's super weird. I think I hated them for being super wonky. Blegh.

>required for the last story.

Welp looks like im beating them all. . .

Also, tried a bit of Sonic 2 Game gear. Gave up on secodn zone because of some weird glider thing. And played some Sonic the FIghters. Meh.

Tomorrow is Heroes, maybe a CD replay, and hopefully more persona 4 lol. Maybe Sonic R if im feeling the sunshine

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
>required for the last story.

Welp looks like im beating them all. . .
To save you frustration..

Only Act 2 of each world gives you the Chaos Emeralds.

Act 1 bonus stages are only for lives.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Yeah this is basically my issue.

As far as universal issues go, I find the levels to be pretty weird. Some are good, some are great, others go for far too long and others have some weird gimmicks. Then there's the slippery af controls (which unfortunately are still in the PC version).

As for the teams. Sonic is fine, Dark levels confuse difficulty for length and a lot of them go for way too long, Rose is easy mode and just feels kinda pointless and Chaotix had a decent idea with some questionable execution. On top of this you go through the same "story" and levels in the same order with EVERYONE.

It's really tiring to play all teams in one go, especially for hardly satisfying Metal Sonic boss fights.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I woke up just on time today to see the solar eclipse.

I only slept for like 4 hours last night and I just happened to wake up to see it

I wonder if the position of the sun and moon and the eclipsing of the sun has some kind of weird effect on animals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom