• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic Forces has a surprisingly big Gamescom booth. Don't even think the Super Mario Odyssey one is this big from what I saw.

Also FE Warriors is getting a Limited Edition in Europe, though it's nothing special. Still might go for it.

Also apparently they're adding a pay with PayPal option to the Switch eShop.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Didn't see anyone post this (though it's understandable since the Thumbnails are all black so they all look teh same) but new Splatoon stages and weapon incoming...

Sailboat looks cool, but a new stage for Salmon run finally, not just the same two all the time...

Now if only they can make Salmon Run a permanent mode instead of timed events only...

----

Lola Pop, huh....She's cute, but I expected our clown to be goofier...

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Didn't see anyone post this (though it's understandable since the Thumbnails are all black so they all look teh same) but new Splatoon stages and weapon incoming...

Sailboat looks cool, but a new stage for Salmon run finally, not just the same two all the time...
I agree with everything you just said. That boat stage is sick but boy am I happy for a new SR stage. I'll welcome another 3 or 4 to be honest.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah, ARMS is getting another Global Testpunch. I guess I'll try it out, though probably not for long since it overlaps with the Dissidia NT beta.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just saw the new Fire Emblem Warriors trailer. Looks nice but of course it has Omega Forces games signature terrible English voice acting.

Also, I know the YouTube comments section is always cancer but I just read a comment saying it's "frustrating" reading comments that are suggesting characters that aren't from the 3 games. Like, ***** you think that's frustrating, try sticking with a franchise for years, almost having it put down only to be saved a single game, and then have the big Fire Emblem crossover game not even have ****ing Ike or Roy; let alone any lesser known characters. That there is frustrating.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The creature designer in me is tempted to draw on of these Corvos....
I feel like my current visualization is disappointingly vanilla lizardman in that regard, LOL. Although it's SO vanilla that it needs a tweaking bad.

I do have one specific detail that I went with a unique spin on so far even with my incomplete setup, though: the hands. Archosaurs only have three claws on the front limbs even when they have a larger number of digits, so I ended up taking the four digit hands I was working with and gave them claws on the fingers but made the thumb be fleshy and clawless. I don't think I've actually seen that particular layout before with the way it ended.

*EDIT* Let me edit my post, Wii U!

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's definitely telling that Sakura and Elise weren't in the trailer.

Since the Japanese release is about a month and a week away, I definitely think that unless there's unrevealed characters at launch, that 45 character thing was a mistranslation.

So now we have...
Shadow Dragon - Marth
Awakening - Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Frederick, Lissa, Cordelia
Fates - Corrin, Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Xander, Camilla, Leo
Warriors - Rowan, Lianna

Alongside Tiki being basically confirmed. If you include Tiki, that's seventeen characters. Seven for Fates, Six for Awakening, Two Originals, and One/Two for Shadow Dragon.

The only one that's somewhat surprising is Hinoka, if only because of Cordelia being there. But hey, now I have more hope for Caeda and Minerva!

Shadow Dragon non-Marth, non-Tiki predictions: Caeda, Merric, Minerva, Draug, and either Camus or Jagen.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Since the Japanese release is about a month and a week away, I definitely think that unless there's unrevealed characters at launch, that 45 character thing was a mistranslation.

So now we have...
Shadow Dragon - Marth
Warriors - Rowan, Lianna

Alongside Tiki being basically confirmed. If you include Tiki, that's seventeen characters. Seven for Fates, Six for Awakening, Two Originals, and One/Two for Shadow Dragon.

The only one that's somewhat surprising is Hinoka, if only because of Cordelia being there. But hey, now I have more hope for Caeda and Minerva!

Shadow Dragon non-Marth, non-Tiki predictions: Caeda, Merric, Minerva, Draug, and either Camus or Jagen.
The 45 characters thing may also be misinterpretted. They said Berserk and the Band of Hawks had 40 characters CONSIDERED before ultimately scratching off characters they didn't want to do. Now Berserk and Friends has 8 characters (with weapon changes apparently but no ****in Skull Knight)

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So the Soul Stone in MvCi does what you'd expect. It revives a teammate. It also life steals as its basic power.
By how much does it revive a teammate? It wouldn't bring them back to full health right?
To elaborate on the Soul Stone:
  • No, it doesn't bring them back to full health, brings back about 1/4th of a character's health.
  • Once the Infinity storm is activated, both characters can attack the opponent at once, similar to MvC1's Duo Team Attack mechanic

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
By how much does it revive a teammate? It wouldn't bring them back to full health right?
To elaborate on the Soul Stone:
  • No, it doesn't bring them back to full health, brings back about 1/4th of a character's health.
  • Once the Infinity storm is activated, both characters can attack the opponent at once, similar to MvC1's Duo Team Attack mechanic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY5Deq92a4U

~20-25% and you cannot manually tag them in after they are revival. It looks like they are controlled by a CPU during the Infinity Storm and are vulnerable to damage similar to Counter Switch cross-ups.

It's definitely powerful, but I have a feeling it will be seen more in lower level play than in high level play.

EDIT: Looks like you can steal about ~3-5% life per hit.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Figured I'd also give a weapon rundown.

Sword: 8
Lance: 2
Axe: 3
Tome: 2
Bow: 1
Stone: 1 (Tiki)

Based on that, I'm incredibly confident in Virion now, since only one bow definitely stands out more than one stone.

When it comes to other Awakening and Fates characters I'm confident in...well, it's pretty much just Virion, Tharja, and Azura.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY5Deq92a4U

~20-25% and you cannot manually tag them in after they are revival. It looks like they are controlled by a CPU during the Infinity Storm and are vulnerable to damage similar to Counter Switch cross-ups.

It's definitely powerful, but I have a feeling it will be seen more in lower level play than in high level play.
At the end of this gameplay video, Chris tags in Hawkeye after the latter was revived.

I agree it will be powerful on day 1, much like the space stone, but I feel like reality will be the strongest after the meta has time to develop.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, IF I get the game, I'll probably mess around with Reality Stone the most. Seems like a good way to cover your ground and get in closer to the opponent. And it works as a zoning tool too, if you prefer that style.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, ARMS is getting another Global Testpunch. I guess I'll try it out, though probably not for long since it overlaps with the Dissidia NT beta.

I didn't have the chance to try it out during the original Testpunch so I'll give it a try this time and see if I made the right choice on not buying it

So now we have...
Shadow Dragon - Marth
Warriors - Rowan, Lianna

There's also the siblings's retainer and another named OC who is yet to be seen, both were mentioned in the first Famitsu magazine talking about the siblings

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Yeah, IF I get the game, I'll probably mess around with Reality Stone the most. Seems like a good way to cover your ground and get in closer to the opponent. And it works as a zoning tool too, if you prefer that style.
I dunno, I feel like this game is going to favour rush down play styles the most. Zoning seems to be getting the short end of the stick in this game between the push block reflect mechanic and the chip system working similarly to Smash's staling mechanic.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The 45 characters thing may also be misinterpretted. They said Berserk and the Band of Hawks had 40 characters CONSIDERED before ultimately scratching off characters they didn't want to do. Now Berserk and Friends has 8 characters (with weapon changes apparently but no ****in Skull Knight)
There weren't even weapon changes.
The only changes are depending on the skins you pick for Guts and Griffith. That only changes maybe a few moves and grants Berserker armour and Femto (Which then means Zodd and Wyald also have two sets due to their different forms)

No proper weapon changes and **** loads of missing characters that actually do fight as NPCs only.

FE has it good in comparison despite also missing loads of characters (I strongly doubt they'll be NPC only too beyond maybe some villains) and having no weapon changes (which is ****ing stupid) because at least there's plenty of options. And speaking of villains they need to show some villains off.

I dunno, I feel like this game is going to favour rush down play styles the most. Zoning seems to be getting the short end of the stick in this game between the push block reflect mechanic and the chip system working similarly to Smash's staling mechanic.
Truly the anti-Injustice

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I didn't have the chance to try it out during the original Testpunch so I'll give it a try this time and see if I made the right choice on not buying it

There's also the siblings's retainer and another named OC who is yet to be seen, both were mentioned in the first Famitsu magazine talking about the siblings

We have no confirmation that Darius is playable.

Honestly I'm banking on him being the villain.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
After today's Fire Emblem Warriors news and the incident of having the right draft of a post ready but then having to struggle against my Wii U loading the site a half a dozen times over five minutes to actually get what I want, I hereby dedicate today to Takumi.

#BlameTakumi

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just saw the new Fire Emblem Warriors trailer. Looks nice but of course it has Omega Forces games signature terrible English voice acting.

Also, I know the YouTube comments section is always cancer but I just read a comment saying it's "frustrating" reading comments that are suggesting characters that aren't from the 3 games. Like, ***** you think that's frustrating, try sticking with a franchise for years, almost having it put down only to be saved a single game, and then have the big Fire Emblem crossover game not even have ****ing Ike or Roy; let alone any lesser known characters. That there is frustrating.
I'll be honest, I agree with them. The people still asking for the likes of Ike and Hector as anything other than DLC are setting themselves up for disappointment. Plus you know they'll inevitably use it as justification to **** on the game when they have literally no one but themselves to blame.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
After today's Fire Emblem Warriors news and the incident of having the right draft of a post ready but then having to struggle against my Wii U loading the site a half a dozen times over five minutes to actually get what I want, I hereby dedicate today to Takumi.

#BlameTakumi
I'm not the only Wii U user. I thought I was special T-T

Also Forces has Classic and Modern Sonic help out the custom character in the stages somehow

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm not the only Wii U user. I thought I was special T-T

Also Forces has Classic and Modern Sonic help out the custom character in the stages somehow
I've been running a mixed set of Wii U and PC for the past few weeks.

It's been MOSTLY cooperating, but. . .

D

Deleted member

We have no confirmation that Darius is playable.

Honestly I'm banking on him being the villain.
People were constantly saying the villains in HW wouldn't be playable because they had been shown but not their playability.

Also, that's one out there guess, I don't it the, he's just going to be a Jagen who is too awesome for his own good
Kinda like the other Darius that acts as a Jagen character in a series with a Musou game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People were constantly saying the villains in HW wouldn't be playable because they had been shown but not their playability.

Also, that's one out there guess, I don't it the, he's just going to be a Jagen who is too awesome for his own good
Kinda like the other Darius that acts as a Jagen character in a series with a Musou game.

Considering we've seen him from the start and yet he has never had gameplay shown, I'm banking on him either dying, being secretly evil, or both. There's no other reason to not show him.

Hell, he doesn't even have his own section of the website.

Also weren't the HW villains only playable post-release anyway?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The real cancer from the YouTube comments on the FE Warriors trailers is from the elitists ******** about no "True FE characters" being in the game. If you're gonna act like a whiny entitled baby like that then **** off, you don't deserve ****.

What makes the 3ds cast any less of an FE character than the likes of Roy and Astrid?
Nothing

I mean initially the OC villains weren't.
You had Saiyandorf, Ghirahim and Zant who were playable at launch though.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'll be honest, I agree with them. The people still asking for the likes of Ike and Hector as anything other than DLC are setting themselves up for disappointment. Plus you know they'll inevitably use it as justification to **** on the game when they have literally no one but themselves to blame.
True. But dammit I don't like it when people complain about other people complaining about stupid ****. It's annoying.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The OC donut steel villains in Hyrule Warriors weren't playable at launch, but were made playable via a free update since they had full movesets.

If there are any non-playable enemy/ally characters in FE Warriors at launch, OC or otherwise, there's no reason why they wouldn't be made playable in an update too. The moveset will be there and all they have to do is give them level progression and give them a space on the different menus.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The OC donut steel villains in Hyrule Warriors weren't playable at launch, but were made playable via a free update since they had full movesets.

If there are any non-playable enemy/ally characters in FE Warriors at launch, OC or otherwise, there's no reason why they wouldn't be made playable in an update too. The moveset will be there and all they have to do is give them level progression and give them a space on the different menus.
Meanwhile Berserk fans are crying again. They've suffered enough after the new anime

D

Deleted member

Considering we've seen him from the start and yet he has never had gameplay shown, I'm banking on him either dying, being secretly evil, or both. There's no other reason to not show him.

Hell, he doesn't even have his own section of the website.

Also weren't the HW villains only playable post-release anyway?
Even if he IS a villain, that just makes him more likely to be playable.
The thing is, he's an OC, they aren't going to include him just to throw him away as an NPC
The real cancer from the YouTube comments on the FE Warriors trailers is from the elitists ******** about no "True FE characters" being in the game. If you're gonna act like a whiny entitled baby like that then **** off, you don't deserve ****.

What makes the 3ds cast any less of an FE character than the likes of Roy and Astrid?
Nothing

I mean initially the OC villains weren't.
You had Saiyandorf, Ghirahim and Zant who were playable at launch though.

It was regarding about Ghirahim and Zant, who people kept saying would be "boss-only" because they had been shown as bosses in the SS and TP themed trailers but werem't presented as PCs.
And the original villains were in a free update very soon after launch so they were always planned to be so.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Typical FE elitist comments from Youtube huh. Why am I not surprised?

At least (or so I hope) the DW/SW people seem chill from the new trailer so far. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Tracker links the German article, otherwise I'd call bull
This sounds like they're building off the tag-team missions in Generations, which is really cool since I really liked those. The article describes it as a "second mode" so it might be more fully featured.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Lola Pop looks really cute.

Looking forward to the new Testpunch. Didn't have a Switch when the first one came out. Happy to finally give ARMS a try.

Also looking forward to the new Splatoon 2 stages. Should add some much needed variety.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm expecting the other Fire Emblem games to get represented through Warriors' DLC but if they're not I won't be necessarily disappointed, I'll still enjoy the game, but I'll be the first to admit that shafting for the sake of... The sake is a huge missed opportunity.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Typical FE elitist comments from Youtube huh. Why am I not surprised?

At least (or so I hope) the DW/SW people seem chill from the new trailer so far. :p
For the record, it's a bit of a double edged sword. There's been plenty of times where I've gotten my favorite games **** on just cause they're older Fire Emblem games. People love to bring up review scores when it comes to the older titles. I like the new games and I respect them for what they did to the franchise but damn they caused quite the rift in the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom