• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I used to watch these all the time, I have no udea why I stoped tbh
It's really fun! The 5th season of the Minecraft line just recently ended.
There are also 2 seasons within the Terraria playthrough line, a Mine Z playthrough, Day Z, and Diablo II.

Terraria 3 will be released in the spring btw
My favorites in the series are JonTron and Dean <3

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just found out that the re-release of LEGO City: Undercover has slightly redesigned Chas McCain's normal police outfit.

I don't like it.

They better have the Wii U/3DS design of that outfit included.

D

Deleted member

You know, I might give Roy **** but his words in Chapter 24 are actually unintentionally really Heartwarming.
The scene is actually pretty sad with Fae asking Roy if she'll become a "bad dragon" when she grows up and if humans and dragons can't coexist as Jahn says, l but he asserts her that won't happen and that her home in Arcadia is proof of that.
This is just a sad and cute scene but then you take Blazing Sword into account and remember who his canonical mother is, this means that Roy is the living proof that dragons and humans can coexist peacefully, even if he doesn't know it

D

Deleted member

http://gametransfers.com/super-bomberman-r-will-support-local-multiplayer-with-only-one-cartridge/

Old news, but Super Bomberman R supports download play. What that means is that only one copy of the game is required for eight-player multi-player. Of course four Switches are required.

I hope this sets a trend. This move would seriously help with saving money so that the same person does not have to spend $240 (or in this case, $200) for eight-player sessions. It is my hope that the game succeeds though I don't know what to think of the chances.
For real though.

I learn best from communication, so online classes do next to nothing for me.
Same here. I dislike online classes for that reason. I will only take them if I have no other choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yo. Kolin looks really good.

I'm really digging her.

Might be my favorite newcomer since F.A.N.G.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So Lucina can still get a new costume?

YAAAASSSSS :D
See, both Lyn and Lucina fans can be happy.

Only the Tharja and Camilla fans will be sour.

I didn't say salty because I personally hate how overused and annoying it is.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh and, tomorrow will be my birthday.
So, yeah.
(Also, I am trying to install Resident Evil 7 again since it didn't work the first time. Goddamnit PC gaming.:4ryu:)

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Still don't get why Roy is so popular.

I don't have any reason to like him. Is he funny in his game or something.
See, both Lyn and Lucina fans can be happy.

Only the Tharja and Camilla fans will be sour.

I didn't say salty because I personally hate how overused and annoying it is.
What if your a fan of all 4 like me? :p
1.Lucina 2. Tharja 3.Camilla 4.Lyn in that order out of those tho :p.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Then that's settled.

Going to start with spinoff Mario characters by noon now that all possible riggers were blocked.

Can't wait to see who would want Kong Boo.

.What if your a fan of all 4 like me? :p
Fair point. I would like new costumes for those two, but I'm fine with it not happening.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

He's just cool and his game was what breathed new life into the franchise so he holds a special place in many Japanese players hearts.

D

Deleted member

What if your a fan of all 4 like me? :p
Roy is literally only popular because of Melee, that's it.
He really doesn't display any sort of personality through the whole game, he just reacts to the story the player should "let's go here" "that is terrible" "alright, join our army"

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Putting my fangirlism aside, I'm aware Roy as a character has his flaws in his original game. And it's not just his gameplay for that matter.

So I like him, but he's far at the bottom of my list of favorite Lords. There are far more impressive characters in the series.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a bad dream that I brought an expensive item with me into a store that I got as a gift from a friend and when I left the store they asked for my receipt but of course I didn't have one, so they took the item away. It seems to upset me so much it woke me up.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ya know I actually got into the Fire Emblem fandom recently.

Seems disliking Roy is actually a very uncommon thing.

Most people just see him as eh at worst.

Like I said, its just like Final Fantasy. One group says on ething one group says another

For instance on Neogaf FE6 gets plenty of praise. This thread is just particularly negative about FE6 and Roy, partially for personal reasons lol
of course my enjoyment is partially personal so. . .
:061:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
For me, Alm is my least favorite Lord in the series next to Corrin.

Ivander

Smash Legend
http://gametransfers.com/super-bomberman-r-will-support-local-multiplayer-with-only-one-cartridge/

Old news, but Super Bomberman R supports download play. What that means is that only one copy of the game is required for eight-player multi-player. Of course four Switches are required.

I hope this sets a trend. This move would seriously help with saving money so that the same person does not have to spend $240 (or in this case, $200) for eight-player sessions. It is my hope that the game succeeds though I don't know what to think of the chances.
This is what I've been hoping for ever since Reggie himself mentioned the whole "One cart for multiple systems" deal in that interview.
At first, I assumed they were talking about multiplayer like Mario Kart's or ARMS multiplayer, where using the one system, you can do split-screen multiplayer(or one-screen mutliplayer in the cases like Bomberman), which there are games that do that. But then Reggie actually brought up the "One Card/Multiple Systems" deal. It's not impossible, as both Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart 7 allowed this(although to the ones who didn't have the Card, you could only do Shy Guy in a Normal Kart). But if they actually take it to the next level by allowing that for all their games without limiting the card-less players, I'd be frickin' shocked. Could you imagine 8-player Splatoon 2 with only one card?
So yeah, I hope that Download Play does become more prominent for Switch games and that it won't just be Bomberman or a couple Nintendo games. Now that being said, I want to see how effective the Download Play for Bomberman is. Cause Bomberman does have customization options, so I want to see just how limited the cardless players are compared to the player with the card. Cause with the Mario Kart handheld games, the cardless players were limited to Shy Guy and a Normal Kart. I want to see if Bomberman will do the same for cardless players in giving them no other options but the basic option or if they will allow other potential options for the cardless players, like using anything the player with the card has and etc.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

It's primarily western fans honestly. Hell, a Dutch guy I follow on twitter ranted about people bashing Eliwood in favour for Roy as the only thing Roy has over Eliwood according to him is the end game weapon, and then stated that FE6 was absolute ****, especially in comparison to the prequel. Thing with Roy is, his growths are pretty low and it's easy to get RNG screwed with him. Combine that with abominable Res, Bolting spammers, only promoting on the final 6 or so levels IF you're going for the good ending and how he only ever uses swords. Go to people who play on Hard Mode and you'll hear how Roy gets half his HP smacked away after dealing chip damage and how Bolting spammers OHKO him

D

Deleted member

That's mostly because Corrin took his spot, who has numerous flaws in their character writing, while Roy is just... bland, there just isn't much to say about him other than his need of a babysitter and the fact he has as much development as Robin.
Though I wouldn't call Roy's hatebase uncommon, and the fact most of his fanbase comes from Smash AND have never played FE6, it just rubs off the fanbase in the wrong way who believe his popularity is undeserved(and they're right)
His father would be just AS popular as Roy if he showed up in Melee instead of him, because all you need is a fire sword and both have that, except one has an actual personality

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That's mostly because Corrin took his spot, who has numerous flaws in their character writing, while Roy is just... bland, there just isn't much to say about him other than his need of a babysitter and the fact he has as much development as Robin.
Though I wouldn't call Roy's hatebase uncommon, and the fact most of his fanbase comes from Smash AND have never played FE6, it just rubs off the fanbase in the wrong way who believe his popularity is undeserved(and they're right)
His father would be just AS popular as Roy if he showed up in Melee instead of him, because all you need is a fire sword and both have that, except one has an actual personality
Eliwood also gets a horse and lances, that alone makes him better than 'he gets a REALLY good endgame weapon'

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Eliwood also got a professional translator to property create a new personality.

If Roy has gotten official translation, he'd probably have more than his personality he has now. After all, his personality is actually a positive thing in Japan.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Can well all just agree that Corrin is the worst Lord and call it a day?

No? :lol:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I like FE6 but I'm indifferent to Roy, really.

Most lords up to that point in the series don't have much in the way of personality, so that doesn't bother me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Eliwood also got a professional translator to property create a new personality.

If Roy has gotten official translation, he'd probably have more than his personality he has now. After all, his personality is actually a positive thing in Japan.
Japan also likes how weak he is because it makes it satisfying to kill **** with the sword o' seals. Though that kinda applies to ALL units with legendary weapons
Also, something positive about Roy in comparison to Eliwood. Roy's Rapier is actually stronger. Not that it matters

Corrin is stupid as hell, but is at the very least combat efficient

D

Deleted member

It depends on where you go into the fandom. If people don't regard Roy as the worst lord, people usually regard Lyn(mostly because when the focus was in her in the tutorial it was lackluster), Corrin, Chrom or Marth as the worst lord.

Gameplay-wise though, Roy is pretty bad because of his promotion being so late. That and his growths are lack luster too, especially for a lord.

Marth in some games is worse though.

Erit: Darn it, I forgot about Michaiah.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I finally got Robin in FE:H after various attempts. Hes only 3* which means I'm going to have to train him for a while.

*Robin is followed by 5* Cain*

Piece of sh-... Well whatever, we take those

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

He and his game are hugely popular in Japan, usually rating near the top of Japanese polls of favourite FE games/characters. Japanese fans seem to regard things like how he needs to be babied for much of the game, due to hitting his level cap early, as adding to the overall challenge, are less put off by his late promotion (Marth can't promote at all, for what it's worth, and it's possible Roy's promotion was just tacked on late in development just because) and hit-or-miss growths (which are still better than, or on par with, those seen in earlier FE games), and as a character, they appreciate how he has to lead an entire army to save the world when he's only 15 years old.

In the west, though, mostly because of Smash. Ph1r3 and all that. Among western FE fans, he's pretty unpopular, because of the aforementioned having to baby him, and late promotion, and his character is viewed as bland.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Michaiah is the only hated Lord. Outside of Corrin maybe.

Roy isn't hated but his fans get the **** moreso than the character himself.

Agreed. But overall worst character in the series is Azura.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Agreed. But overall worst character in the series is Azura.
Azura is the Micaiah of Fates, but worse unless you promote her. Then there's how poorly inserted she for the plot (like the crystal ball scene).

And I can feel @Yomi's Biggest Fan's rage in the distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom