• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Isn't Nowi a well-liked character amongst the general Fire Emblem community though?
I think a lot of people like her character and I'd agree with it. She's well written for what she is.

But... that design is just too much for most people. Myself included.

Please put some clothes on Nowi.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I think a lot of people like her character and I'd agree with it. She's well written for what she is.

Oh, I agree. That bikini design of hers is quite the cringe.

The game never even explains why she dresses up like that.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The game never even explains why she dresses up like that.
She was escaping the slave trade thanks to Gregor, right?

I think that explains why she had it.

Though not why she stays in it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Respect to you if you do online classes and actually remain on top of them. I don't have that kind of discipline. I need to actually be there or else my mind and attention will wander. :/

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
For real though.

I learn best from communication, so online classes do next to nothing for me.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I only remember the jetpack in Pilotwings because it gives you the most freedom of all the vehicles. I think I only remember it's music because of that

Edit:

View attachment 125817

I'm getting better at photoshop. I'm able to combine pieces of my drawings almost seamlessly

Though I'm going to end up using Illustrator on the drawing in the end whenever I make a final draft
I can see why you'd like the rocket belt, it does allow the most freedom to get into any nook and cranny. Although when I played the SNES Pilotwings, I found out that I could bounce up and down on the round circles until I crashed, boy was that fun.

On another note, that's a pretty nice picture, what is it?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can see why you'd like the rocket belt, it does allow the most freedom to get into any nook and cranny. Although when I played the SNES Pilotwings, I found out that I could bounce up and down on the round circles until I crashed, boy was that fun.

On another note, that's a pretty nice picture, what is it?
My character "Evvelid", which is a combination of "evil" and "annelid"

He's a worm monster. He's an enemy near the end of my "story". But I kind of wanted to work on him now, because I've started my new project to finish my story.

I think his animation is going to impressive if I can pull off what I want to do with it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Lyn, Lucina and Ike are the top three.
Though if you combine votes (from what we know) it goes Ike, Lyn then Lucina.

Ike, Lyn, Lucina and Roy get variations.
Rest of the results are here:
https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote/result?overall=1

Lowest character is Glade from Thracia.

Mah boy Black Knight in Top 100 (50 when combining characters).
Considering I only voted twice, I'm content with these results. Roy ranking so high is a surprise though.

One of these days I'll get around to downloading this game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Lyn and Ike are number one?
Great! Now, where are the We Are Number One jokes?:4iggy:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
We Are Number One, but every "One" is replaced by Lucina getting rekt.
We Are Number One, but every time you see Sportacus, you see a gif showing off Roy horrible hitbox.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It took from August 6th until today to go from Level 25 to Level 50 on Overwatch
I bought and play Overwatch on last year's August 20 and I got to level 101 just today.
Lvl 307 iirc.

I usually level up around 1-2 times a play session, especially during events where I want a ton of lootboxes.
So that's 3★ 7, it always a bit of odd that I face against two to three user that are more than two stars. Today I team up with a silver portrait Genji, but sadly our team were only 1 star so we lost. The opposing team even got a golden gun Widow Maker, which was awful.
Uh, never mind...
Um, Peri's not a Yandere. She's violent and psychopathic, but she has no affection for the main character compared to Tharja and she shows loyalty, not affection, to Xander. She also has issues and that's because:
Her mother was killed by a servant when she was a child. Despite the servant being brought to justice, this made Peri paranoid around her servants, eventually giving her the mindset that her mother's killer was still around and made her violent and hateful towards them to the point of killing them out of vengeance. And how did she come to get her bloodlust? Because of her douche of a father who did nothing to help her or even stop her from killing, giving her the impression that killing was perfectly acceptable and she eventually grew to love killing. Basically, her childish mindset and bloodlust come from her father doing nothing to discipline, control or even help her.
That being said, it is possible for Peri to change. While she has the same problems as Cordelia and Tharja when it comes to the support system and unchanging dialogue, having Peri support with Laslow will actually help change her views on killing and she actually tries to change her mindset on killing for fun. While this will never be noticed much in the Localized versions of Fates, this change is hugely noticeable with the Children Festival DLC in Japan, when Peri tries to control Soleil's hatred towards the enemies ruining the festival and encourages Soleil not to become what she had become.
Not trying to change opinions, but Peri's no yandere. And she's also an example of what ****ty parenting can do.
Yeah, that makes sense. And let's not forget that she's good at cooking because she afraid that people might want to poison her food. She also has different eye color on each of her eyes (Which means she has heterochromia)
So far she's still my favorite character in Fire Emblem Fates, sadly still haven't got her in Heros.
Found this video...clickbaity title, and a rather controversial and bold claim...

But he does raise a few interesting points methinks...

TL;DW-If the hardcore gamer truly cared about superior performance and graphics then they would opt for investing in a PC for gaming instead of the PS4...whereas the Switch at least offers portability which the PS4 (and most PCs) don't have...

Personally, Sony has a very dedicated and loyal fanbase so I don't really see the Switch being the main go to for that reason alone, and those who aren't loyal to Sony will often buy the other consoles anyway...in which case it wouldn't matter...
So long as the games are there that is...it still remains to be seen if the Swtich will sustain a good amount of support and start carrying multi-plat third party games, it definitely has a shot if it does...
On his previous videos before trying out the Nintendo Switch he has been very negative about the console. I understand where he is going but it was odd that he point out many things that were either subjective or just uncertain. That just made me unsubbed from him for a while. Like he considers Nintendo Switch a handheld rather a home console, and concerning about Pokemon on Switch since there will be pay online. He did later explain on his VR on NS video on why he was negative on the console though. After trying it out his comment on Switch was "It has reason to hope" and he even explains on why the Switch uses 720p screen which really makes sense, probably one of the best hands on video I've ever seen.
And just recently he made a useful video about how to pick micro sd cards, oddly enough he didn't brag about Nintendo Switch's low 32GB storage. But anyway this video is really useful that people should check it out.
Personally I don't recommend Trancend SD cards because I had some SD cards f**k up before. I know it's odd for me to not recommend a brand that is from my own country, but that's really from my own experience.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well that's a pretty out there claim if I heard one.

Truth be told, consoles are pretty still convenient for even hardcore gamers. No need for things like upgrades or drivers/etc. Generally cheaper than a beefy pc too. Portability is a nifty thing, but it's a hard sell when the PS4 has a more established library and a more complete online service.

Right now you can purchase a PS4 slim for $270 or a bundle for $300 (https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=ps4). All the neat features aside, the Switch is still kinda of a hard sell to a hardcore gamer looking for just a single console. To be frank, we still don't know how 3rd party support for the thing will fair post year 1.
PS4 still has a lot of exclusives to offer, so PS4 is still a good choice for hard core gamers. Xbox One is probably better to say, since many of the games on Xbox are either on PS4, or also on PC.

Speaking of PC, it is also for me to build or upgrade a standard PC under 270$ by saving screen, keyboard and mouse budget. And you can do a lot more things on the PC than a console.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If we combin the votes of characters that are listed more than once this would be the ratings

Ike
Lyn
Lucina
Tharja
Roy
Hector
Corrin
Camilla
Marth
Robin
Chrom
Tiki
etc.

Corrin would have beaten Hector if not for the votes Hector got from his Binding Blade appearance, and Marth beat Robin by 11 votes. Also Masked Marth's votes didn't affect Lucina's rating.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys, combined votes aren't just putting both of them together, there's too much of a variable with not knowing how many voted for both versions of a character or just one.

Anyways, my boi Hector is still Top 3. Rip Chrob
>Joshua is now in 18th
JOSHUA WAS ROBBED OF HIS RIGHTFUL PLACE
>Nino went up to 19th
Oh, equivalent exchange, I see

Also, just a reminder
>Joshua is more popular than Anna
Dieck is 209 tho :(
:061:
Proof the poll was rigged
Arthur was robbed

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Glade

Glade's wiki page has already been updated after his whopping 17 votes
"Officially the least liked character out of the entire Fire Emblem franchise."

lmao
:061:
Man, poor Glade, whenever that new translation patch of Thracia comes out, I'm gonna use the guy out of pity

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Pretty sure her character was created for the sake of lolicons.

Just like a certain pint sized cat Senran that hates being ignored.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Roy probably wouldn't have performed anywhere near as well if people had played his game.

Guys, combined votes aren't just putting both of them together, there's too much of a variable with not knowing how many voted for both versions of a character or just one.
You forget that people could vote for characters more than once anyway.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I have a lot of 4 stars in my team now, and only Roy, Olivia and Sakura were 4 star to start with.

I've upgraded Anna, Shanna, Palla, Sophia and Cherche to 4 star too.

D

Deleted member

I don't think I've ever been so offended in my life before
Screenshot_2017-02-09-09-53-47-1.png

Roy probably wouldn't have performed anywhere near as well if people had played his game.
Ironic, isn't it?
You forget that people could vote for characters more than once anyway.

That's assuming the votes were even counted anyways
What's the point of a popularity contest if one person gave more votes to a character than other 12 people did?

D

Deleted member

I don't see myself making a career out of it, but nonetheless I would like to see myself have some form of mastery, or at least show I know what I'm doing.

8-12 hours a day seems pretty wild, but suppose if you want to improve you gotta dedicate a good chunk of time into it.
1459504151338.png
1459507597714.jpg

I also recommend you pick up Kim Jung Gi's sketch collection.

Recommended channels:
https://www.youtube.com/user/bluefley00
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzDE6rf7BxBLxzp2s1quvHMp2nooRdhQk

https://www.youtube.com/user/Sycra

https://www.youtube.com/user/FZDSCHOOL
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvNv1kRvuSwLYS2CkHTDS6-zVKSoUYzJO

Also:
https://www.ctrlpaint.com/

http://hubpages.com/art/how-to-draw-learn

https://sites.google.com/site/ourwici/

Enjoy. And best of luck! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
Good for the most part. Too many forced legacy characters at once that no one could get invested in. Miles could have been way better. But he gets things handed to him too easily. Miguel O'Hara is way better though. I'd like to see him in someone else's hands that isn't Bendis. Though the Original Ultimate Spider-Man run was one of my favorites.

Now, get a new Spider-Man writer and stop hating the X-Men and Marvel will be back on track.

Either that, or when Buu started absorbing the Z-Fighters, or Dio taking Joseph's blood.
The best thing was that Buu absorbed Piccolo to be smarter.

D

Deleted member

It was to advertise that McDonalds was open during night hours, I kid you nor.
Oh Japan......

.....only you would think of making creepy stalker Ronald McDonald commercials to advertise that McDonald's is open in the night......

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Has anyone seen this series and its sequels? I used to binge watch them in high school. 5 years later and I still love watching these Hardcore series that PBG makes :3

(spoilers in video btw. vulgarity ahead too)

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
That awkward moment you're complimented for losing weight, when you've actually gained 7 lbs during the winter...

I guess we take those...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Has anyone seen this series and its sequels? I used to binge watch them in high school. 5 years later and I still love watching these Hardcore series that PBG makes :3

(spoilers in video btw. vulgarity ahead too)
I used to watch these all the time, I have no udea why I stoped tbh

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Don't be shy, pick a character. Even if it's one who's better off as an item.

Meanwhile, I'm a bit too afraid to make a poll based on Daisy. No need to say or think of why.

Chrono.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Don't be shy, pick a character. Even if it's one who's better off as an item.

Meanwhile, I'm a bit too afraid to make a poll based on Daisy. No need to say or think of why.
This is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.
With all the DK characters I've been through, this is definitely the last one.

The previous was all about Donkey Kong 64 characters and it's obvious who would win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom