• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Marvel Comics is getting a massive restructure in their comics division which hasn't been looking good in the past few years with sales.

Like one of the stories reported is that they are gonna drop a lot of stories and characters related to politics (thank God) https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02/06/marvels-big-plans-2017-never-mind-politics/

And looking for new writers
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02/06/marvel-comics-brings-back-listers-2018/

So a lot of message boards and social media are saying they might drop the legacy characters like Jane Foster Thor, Cho Hulk, Miles Morales, Sam, New Ghost Rider, New Iron Man and others too.

Which some of those might suck leaving, I wouldn't want FemThor back at all and Miles feels really forced now due to Bendis and he almost wanted to kill off another Peter Paker too.

That said, Kamala is 100% safe, our favorite cinnamon roll ain't leaving yet especially how hard she got pushed and how eve e tone loves her
Good for the most part. Too many forced legacy characters at once that no one could get invested in. Miles could have been way better. But he gets things handed to him too easily. Miguel O'Hara is way better though. I'd like to see him in someone else's hands that isn't Bendis. Though the Original Ultimate Spider-Man run was one of my favorites.

Now, get a new Spider-Man writer and stop hating the X-Men and Marvel will be back on track.

Cell in DBZ after exploding. He returns in his perfect form thanks to a zenkai boost from his saiyan part.
Either that, or when Buu started absorbing the Z-Fighters, or Dio taking Joseph's blood.

D

Deleted member

Hahaha, cool.

Tell me your secret.
My quote on quote "secret"(because I'm practically just waiting for my hair to grow out and for me to turn 18) is that I want to be androgynous/a "bishonen". I only use that term just because the Japanese just happen to have a word for it, though the female equivelant here would be a Tomboy. There's not really a go to word for it here aside from androgynous(which is a word that applies to both sexes.) because guys rarely, if ever, try to be beautiful.(And if they do, they're usually trans, but I am not.)

But I'm a rare exception. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Can we atleast get Ike?
uhhh yes whats happening is ike roy lucina and lyn are all getting special costumes and are thus going to be new units

so i get to make the joke "Look roy has a new hat!"

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Speaking of Ike, I just had a few decent games against a Capt Falcon on FG with Ike...Ike is such a satisfying character to use in Smash...especially against a rush-down fighter like Capt Falcon that likes to get in your face constantly...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Lyn, Lucina and Ike are the top three.
Though if you combine votes (from what we know) it goes Ike, Lyn then Lucina.

Ike, Lyn, Lucina and Roy get variations.

*checks*

*punches Nowi*

. . .Kidding, kidding.

But come on, man! I voted for FemRobin once they started showing results on purpose so that WOULDN'T happen.

Just. . .gosh DARN it. I wanted the Robin I like to get SOMETHING.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Lyn, Ike and Robin looking nice.

So does Hector, Ephraim, Eirika, Mia and Cordelia.

Also RIP :4corrin:, didn't make the top 20 at all. Joshua best him out.

The real issue is Nowi being Top 10. This ****s uncalled for

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
My quote on quote "secret"(because I'm practically just waiting for my hair to grow out and for me to turn 18) is that I want to be androgynous/a "bishonen". I only use that term just because the Japanese just happen to have a word for it, though the female equivelant here would be a Tomboy. There's not really a go to word for it here aside from androgynous(which is a word that applies to both sexes.) because guys rarely, if ever, try to be beautiful.(And if they do, they're usually trans, but I am not.)

But I'm a rare exception. :p
And why is that a secret?

It's cool, I mean, everybody wants to look beautiful/sexy/whatever, feminine or not.

Haha, I also want my hair to grow quickly, in the past I had some kind of Vegeta hair, but now my head looks like a kiwi fruit XD

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Also Nowi is getting an officiall wallpaper now.

Let that sink in. of the 700+ FE characters.

NOWI is going to get one.
Fire Emblem was a mistake.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Inb4 Lyn ends up getting into Smash because of these results (with her being the only Fire Emblem character I wouldn't get annoyed about if she became a playable character).

Hey, I could be wrong, but that poll says otherwise in regards to her popularity in the community. Her also being an Assist Trophy (and the only Fire Emblem themed Assist Trophy) would allow her to receive an upgrade from that position. They did it with Little Mac, with him being the only character from his series to be an Assist Trophy.

Like I said, I'd only want that to happen way later on; we do want characters from other franchises to come in (namely Donkey Kong and Metroid).

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ah now I understand why the top 2 were chosen, that was probably the plan all along. There's going to be a Focus: Choose Your Legend; Deep Devotion and Legendary Heroes have four target units.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Sigurd got 55th. I guess I can be happy with him ranking the highest of the Japan-only characters (except Roy and Lilina, who are already in the game so let's ignore them). Guess those few extra votes I gave him made the difference, I would have been pretty annoyed if he'd lost to the likes of Lissa by like three votes. Now to wait for the FE4 localisation/remake that this will obviously lead to... it will, right?

And Catria ranked the highest of the Whitewings (even with her vote split both her 11/12 incarnations beat Palla), so I guess that's okay too.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Niles is 16th so Im happy
Well, at least you got your husbando. ;)

From the last page
https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote/result?overall=1

:061:
Should've been FemRobin. >:[

Now where's Bantu on here. . .

OK, why is Wrys above Bantu. Why is Wrys above a LOT of characters. How the pseudochocolate did Wrys get 2336 votes?

There are literally dozens of more memorable characters even just from the games I've played that apparently ranked lower than him. Actual, main characters. And people went with Wrys? I don't. . .huh?!

Oh THERE's Bantu. Sitting near the bottom of the pile at #462 with 270 votes.

. . .Wrys. Wh-

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, at least you got your husbando. ;)

Should've been FemRobin. >:[

Now where's Bantu on here. . .

OK, why is Wrys above Bantu. Why is Wrys above a LOT of characters. How the pseudochocolate did Wrys get 2336 votes?

There are literally dozens of more memorable characters even just from the games I've played that apparently ranked lower than him. Actual, main characters. And people went with Wrys? I don't. . .huh?!

Oh THERE's Bantu. Sitting near the bottom of the pile at #462 with 270 votes.

. . .Wrys. Wh-

Apparently Wrys is badass

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Arthur was robbed

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Glade

Glade's wiki page has already been updated after his whopping 17 votes
"Officially the least liked character out of the entire Fire Emblem franchise."

lmao
Aw man, Glade's a cool dude.

I can't believe he got less votes than character like Kain and Alba, who are from the same game and literally have no lines outside of their death/escape quotes.

Oh THERE's Bantu. Sitting near the bottom of the pile at 270 votes.

. . .Wrys. Wh-
Wrys is something of a meme, especially in the Japanese fanbase(I think). I don't really get it either.

Edit: I believe it's an ironic thing due to how bad he is. Especially considering he was replaced by a Vulnerary in FE3.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

From the last page
https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote/result?overall=1

Oh cool, some obscure characters I like got pretty high actually. Not that this should be my judgement of quality considering awakening characters I actually like got pretty low votes for being awakening characters.

And why is that a secret?

It's cool, I mean, everybody wants to look beautiful/sexy/whatever, feminine or not.

Haha, I also want my hair to grow quickly, in the past I had some kind of Vegeta hair, but now my head looks like a kiwi fruit XD
It's not really a secret to anyone I know, it's only a secret IRL to the general people. Even my family knows about it, including my aunt ,uncle, and grandma who see everything I post on facebook. :p But yes, I am just waiting to grow my hair out and graduate highschool is all.(Which is pretty soon.) Luckily I have good support.

But you're right, beauty is something that is very valuable among people. Psychologically, in fact, attractive looking people are perceived with good qualities regardless if they actually have them or not. This is called the halo effect.

My hair has grown out very fast, speaking of which. It got cut SUPER short in the summer previous to the last one. It's already almost shoulder length.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Aw man, Glade's a cool dude.

I can't believe he got less votes than character like Kain and Alba, who are from the same game and literally have no lines outside of their death/escape quotes.

Wrys is something of a meme, especially in the Japanese fanbase(I think). I don't really get it either.
I'd figure it'd have to be with numbers like that.

Wrys is literally just a random healer that you pick from a village and never have any relevance from again. As someone unfamiliar with the meme I'm baffled.

Apparently Wrys is badass
I. . .did I play the same Shadow Dragon as everyone else? Literally the only things he has in common is that he's bald and wearing blue.

This is what he looks like when he's not on a meme card.

*EDIT* OK, the explanation makes sense, but still. . .exclamation. Also explains why he's crushing a Vulnerary, but it's clear this has gone pretty off the rails.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did you know that the spread of St. Patrick's day in America was more thanks to my ancestor's, the Scotch-Irish, rather than the ACTUAL Irish? And apparently most of the weird traditions we do in America as opposed to in Ireland are because of them.

Which means, as a Scotch-Irish - Which has Scottish blood and not Irish blood, it's perfectly acceptable to celebrate it all during St. Patrick's day.

Not to mention the Scotch-Irish lived in Ireland anyway...

D

Deleted member

We were all expecting the wrong kind of ironic meme vote, we expected Cervantes or Excellus but instead got Wrys.

That's pretty great. :p And yes, I know the votes are ironic because he's a terrible unit and I've seen memes involving her.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, since I went partway through Fates again, I figure I should ask you guys a vital if heavily outdated question:

As someone who picked Male Corrin, what woman would be the best breeding stock personality wise to pair up with Arthur when attempting to produce Pitcy-uh, I mean Percy? I don't care about stats, I just want to feel comfortable personality wise with the state of the relationship. Who seems like the best match in-universe for Arthur?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Dorcas's popularity keeps surprising me. Wow. A side character from one game is 12th among 700ish characters. Impressive.

Glad that the male top 3 is unchanged and Lyn is still top female. All well deserved.

D

Deleted member

OK, since I went partway through Fates again, I figure I should ask you guys a vital if heavily outdated question:

As someone who picked Male Corrin, what woman would be the best breeding stock personality wise to pair up with Arthur when attempting to produce Pitcy-uh, I mean Percy? I don't care about stats, I just want to feel comfortable personality wise with the state of the relationship.
If you're playing revelations, marry Arthur with Setsuna because both of their luck is terrible, which means somehow they end up with a son with good luck. :p

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Oh cool, some obscure characters I like got pretty high actually. Not that this should be my judgement of quality considering awakening characters I actually like got pretty low votes for being awakening characters.

It's not really a secret to anyone I know, it's only a secret IRL to the general people. Even my family knows about it, including my aunt ,uncle, and grandma who see everything I post on facebook. :p But yes, I am just waiting to grow my hair out and graduate highschool is all.(Which is pretty soon.) Luckily I have good support.

But you're right, beauty is something that is very valuable among people. Psychologically, in fact, attractive looking people are perceived with good qualities regardless if they actually have them or not. This is called the halo effect.

My hair has grown out very fast, speaking of which. It got cut SUPER short in the summer previous to the last one. It's already almost shoulder length.
Yep, that's right haha.

The bad thing about "beauty" is that it gives you an insane ego and a bad attitude sometimes.
I mean, most of the attractive people are egocentric, just look at the social media.
Attractive women uploading like 10 selfies per day, muscular guys being shirtless in like 90% of their pics and all that.
Beauty is like one of the most important things for people in today's society, even if that sounds kinda bad.

Well... at least it's important to me, I mean, there is a reason I go to the gym and all that.
Ugh, sometimes I'm just too egocentric, I do things like uploading pics of myself to this website, I mean, who does that? lol, I can use avatars, I don't know haha, I still enjoy it.

Eh, but yeah, that.

Looks are important for people, so it's cool if you want to look better, cooler, etc.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Dorcas's popularity keeps surprising me. Wow. A side character from one game is 12th among 700ish characters. Impressive.

Glad that the male top 3 is unchanged and Lyn is still top female. All well deserved.
Dorcas is a bit of a meme among the fanbase due to being named dropped in the US TV ads for FE 7.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

As someone who picked Male Corrin, what woman would be the best breeding stock personality wise to pair up with Arthur when attempting to produce Pitcy-uh, I mean Percy? I don't care about stats, I just want to feel comfortable personality wise with the state of the relationship. Who seems like the best match in-universe for Arthur?
I'd say Effie.

They make a natural pair, imo

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Also I feel bad for Mark.

He got zero votes in this poll

D

Deleted member

Even without the add.... His name is DORCAS, how could he not become an ironic vote with a name like that?

Yep, that's right haha.

The bad thing about "beauty" is that it gives you an insane ego and a bad attitude sometimes.
I mean, most of the attractive people are egocentric, just look at the social media.
Attractive women uploading like 10 selfies per day, muscular guys being shirtless in like 90% of their pics and all that.
Beauty is like one of the most important things for people in today's society, even if that sounds kinda bad.

Well... at least it's important to me, I mean, there is a reason I go to the gym and all that.
Ugh, sometimes I'm just too egocentric, I do things like uploading pics of myself to this website, I mean, who does that? lol, I can use avatars, I don't know haha, I still enjoy it.

Eh, but yeah, that.

Looks are important for people, so it's cool if you want to look better, cooler, etc.
Yes, yes. I agree. With social media especially looks have become very important. However, I won't be too egocentric as it helps that I've really had to try and worry to earn to be the way that I am, especially since people are rather judgemental.

But even then, I'm not even stylized the way I want to be yet but I still take a ton of selfies and stuff like that. x;D I only share them with my friends and such though, however, they're good because whenever I look back at pictures of myself rather than in the moment I get self confidence, which I need as I get depressed. But I am very confident in myself, and I also use that confidence to lift other people up too, rather than bringing them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom