• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Even without the add.... His name is DORCAS, how could he not become an ironic vote with a name like that?

Yes, yes. I agree. With social media especially looks have become very important. However, I won't be too egocentric as it helps that I've really had to try and worry to earn to be the way that I am, especially since people are rather judgemental.

But even then, I'm not even stylized the way I want to be yet but I still take a ton of selfies and stuff like that. x;D I only share them with my friends and such though, however, they're good because whenever I look back at pictures of myself rather than in the moment I get self confidence, which I need as I get depressed. But I am very confident in myself, and I also use that confidence to lift other people up too, rather than bringing them down.
I'm glad you are confident and that you help people.

Well, I think it's time to say goodbye, I need my beauty sleep.

Hahaha, no, but seriously, I need to sleep.

Good night, guys and girls.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Even without the add.... His name is DORCAS, how could he not become an ironic vote with a name like that?

Yes, yes. I agree. With social media especially looks have become very important. However, I won't be too egocentric as it helps that I've really had to try and worry to earn to be the way that I am, especially since people are rather judgemental.

But even then, I'm not even stylized the way I want to be yet but I still take a ton of selfies and stuff like that. x;D I only share them with my friends and such though, however, they're good because whenever I look back at pictures of myself rather than in the moment I get self confidence, which I need as I get depressed. But I am very confident in myself, and I also use that confidence to lift other people up too, rather than bringing them down.
I always tel myself I aint pretty. because I have more important things to focus on like school and school and school

Basickly, my life revoves around school so I dont take care of myself and I dont see why I should "treat myself" or pretty myself up

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
OK, since I went partway through Fates again, I figure I should ask you guys a vital if heavily outdated question:

As someone who picked Male Corrin, what woman would be the best breeding stock personality wise to pair up with Arthur when attempting to produce Pitcy-uh, I mean Percy? I don't care about stats, I just want to feel comfortable personality wise with the state of the relationship.
In terms of personality, I would say Felicia, Azura and Effie are pretty good personality-wise. Arthur X Felicia I think is one of the best in personality for both, although Percy will be a bit more magic-oriented than strength-oriented. Azura X Arthur gives some backstory for both Azura and Arthur if you enjoy backstory, as well as it makes both Percy and Shigure both fast and skillful. For personality and stats, Arthur X Effie is great, as both fit each other well and Percy gets really good stats.

On the other hand, if you enjoy humor, Arthur X Selena is one of his good ones IMO. I wouldn't say their best, but their support mixes both personality and humor decently well and Selena is actually pretty kind and encouraging to Arthur. Their Strength and Skill stats will conflict, but Percy will still be good in those stats as well as have good stats in speed and defense.

Percy is one of those children that you can really mix around. He will never be bad in stats, even if given a magic oriented mother, as Arthur does not mess with Magic or Speed stats. Arthur's only bad stats are his -3 Luck and -1 Resistance, but because of Percy's Fortunate Son, Percy won't have to worry much about his Luck stat being low, meaning that you can give Arthur any compatible female and Percy will do good regardless. And Arthur's good stats are his Strength, Skill and Defense, meaning that Percy will rarely have a negative stat in those stats, except a potential -1 Defense if you marry Arthur to Azura(due to Azura's -3 Def) and any Female Corrin with a -3 Strength or -3 Defense.

But don't worry about Percy's stats regardless. Percy will always be a good child unit regardless of his mother, so feel free to give Arthur anyone you want to give him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Reminds me of that Playstation 9 commercial

The early 2000s were weird. I think Xbox had something similar too
Even weirder than that were some N64 and PS1 commercials. But I currently can't find the ones I'm looking for, so I'll say at least no gaming franchise has had commericals like these. :p

I always tel myself I aint pretty. because I have more important things to focus on like school and school and school

Basickly, my life revoves around school so I dont take care of myself and I dont see why I should "treat myself" or pretty myself up
Yeah, that's how I used to be. I never really cared for my looks for awhile, but that was mostly because there just wasn't a style that I liked or found interesting. That is until I came across one that I did, of course. :p

But anyway, the path of school isn't going to lead me to much success, but it's still an option.

However, my main goal/dream is to become a model, that'd be my ideal position. Of course, male models don't make as much, but luckily I am very niche at least.(Much like previous androgynous male models before me.) Of course it all depends on your role and status.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Yeah, that's how I used to be. I never really cared for my looks for awhile, but that was mostly because there just wasn't a style that I liked or found interesting. That is until I came across one that I did, of course. :p

But anyway, the path of school isn't going to lead me to much success, but it's still an option.

However, my main goal/dream is to become a model, that'd be my ideal position. Of course, male models don't make as much, but luckily I am very niche at least.(Much like previous androgynous male models before me.)
All I want is to get out of school and no amount of pretty is gonna help me there. I sometimes dont even pick out my hair in the morning, I just throw on clothing and go " alright, time to go"

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't do online classes because I can't get ANYTHING done from home.

In order to get anything done, I have to go somewhere else.

Or at least start it somewhere else and do all the work I can do there

Why I haven't made an animation since I was done with school.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
It's Niles. Half the lines that come out of his mouth are deliberate double entendres.
I know he called Al 'a pretty piece of porcelain" and how he would look nicer with a few chips

when i saw him say that I just said " Niles no, he doesn't even look legal"
Online classes are the way to go.
you dont know how tempted i was to do an online class. But my professor is good so all is well

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you dont know how tempted i was to do an online class. But my professor is good so all is well
I choose online classes whenever possible. It is easier for me as far as being able to see everything in writing. I haven't had to go into a classroom for a few years now.

D

Deleted member

I like to go to physical classes since I enjoy the presence of other people. Especially the teachers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Did I just find Zebetites in this game?...a pretty neat reference to past Metroid games...
I don't remember them during my first playthorugh, then again I wouldn't have even noticed as I wasn't as familiar with Metroid as a franchise at the time and the only other games I played were Primes 1 and 2, now with a bit more knowledge and experience under my belt I can appreciate these little easter eggs a bit more...However they are nothing more than just a reference since destroying them didn't really contribute to anything that I noticed...and I couldn't scan them for data...

Either way, Bryyo was fun until having to go through Space Pirate horde battles that require me to run around grappling a bunch of things only for Space pirates to respawn and undo what I just did, which required me to run around again re-grappling the same things again...and the only way to progress is to grapple everything then destroy these fuel gel tanks that show up...I'm trying not to abuse hypermode but when things get very annoying I just want to get a move on...

...and then we got Mogenar...probably one of the lamest bosses in the trilogy, he's not a difficult boss but he's VERY annoying to fight...even though he's not difficult I still came close to dying because of how Hypermode works in this game, and due to his annoyance it was pretty easy for me to just waste my health using Hypermode waiting for an opening to do some damage...
And his theme is rather obnoxious...compared to other boss fights in the trilogy I don't get that same epic feeling from the fight...ESPECIALLY coming off of the last boss, Rundas, who has one of the most memorable themes. Period!
Did I mention his Phazon Shoes?

...BUT, not everything is all negative as we go forward...from one of the worst bosses in the Trilogy, to one of the BEST areas in the trilogy! Skytown!
Ziplining and Bot Bowling ahead!!

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Lyn, Lucina and Ike are the top three.
Though if you combine votes (from what we know) it goes Ike, Lyn then Lucina.

Ike, Lyn, Lucina and Roy get variations.

DAMMIT NO!!

Hector was SO CLOSE!

I wish they would've just did all 6. Maybe they will later.

------------

In other news I recently purchased the beloved/hated The Order | 1886.

And...
I REALLY enjoyed it. Maybe it's because I'm a Metal Gear fan but I thoroughly enjoyed the cinematic, theatrical feel of the game. It definitely has it's faults, replay value being one, but it is certainly a worthwhile experience. Too bad the game sets up a sequel that almost definitely never happen.

In short, if you got $10, that's right 10, to spend. Spend it on this game. It's a very special game with a lot of lore and history to it that plenty of people will enjoy. And yes it's short but, c'mon, $10.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I still don't understand what this contest was for. Ike and Lyn are getting new costumes? Cool?

If anything it just solidifies that Nintendo will probably remake FE7 sooner than later.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I took a few classes online during my time in school. While I did not hate it, something about getting yourself properly prepped to sit down in a physical classroom enforces a discipline that was useful for studying and time management. Being face-to-face with your peers and your instructor is also valuable to me. However, online classes offer a ton of convenience and flexibility. In the end, your mileage will vary.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Found this video...clickbaity title, and a rather controversial and bold claim...

But he does raise a few interesting points methinks...

TL;DW-If the hardcore gamer truly cared about superior performance and graphics then they would opt for investing in a PC for gaming instead of the PS4...whereas the Switch at least offers portability which the PS4 (and most PCs) don't have...

Personally, Sony has a very dedicated and loyal fanbase so I don't really see the Switch being the main go to for that reason alone, and those who aren't loyal to Sony will often buy the other consoles anyway...in which case it wouldn't matter...
So long as the games are there that is...it still remains to be seen if the Swtich will sustain a good amount of support and start carrying multi-plat third party games, it definitely has a shot if it does...

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Found this video...clickbaity title, and a rather controversial and bold claim...

But he does raise a few interesting points methinks...

TL;DW-If the hardcore gamer truly cared about superior performance and graphics then they would opt for investing in a PC for gaming instead of the PS4...whereas the Switch at least offers portability which the PS4 (and most PCs) don't have...

Personally, Sony has a very dedicated and loyal fanbase so I don't really see the Switch being the main go to for that reason alone, and those who aren't loyal to Sony will often buy the other consoles anyway...in which case it wouldn't matter...
So long as the games are there that is...it still remains to be seen if the Swtich will sustain a good amount of support and start carrying multi-plat third party games, it definitely has a shot if it does...
Well that's a pretty out there claim if I heard one.

Truth be told, consoles are pretty still convenient for even hardcore gamers. No need for things like upgrades or drivers/etc. Generally cheaper than a beefy pc too. Portability is a nifty thing, but it's a hard sell when the PS4 has a more established library and a more complete online service.

Right now you can purchase a PS4 slim for $270 or a bundle for $300 (https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=ps4). All the neat features aside, the Switch is still kinda of a hard sell to a hardcore gamer looking for just a single console. To be frank, we still don't know how 3rd party support for the thing will fair post year 1.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I took a few classes online during my time in school. While I did not hate it, something about getting yourself properly prepped to sit down in a physical classroom enforces a discipline that was useful for studying and time management. Being face-to-face with your peers and your instructor is also valuable to me. However, online classes offer a ton of convenience and flexibility. In the end, your mileage will vary.
Yeah, I think actually going somewhere to do something helps push me to be less lazy at the very least.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only reason I took Sociology instead of chemistry was because Chemistry was ONLY online.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Thoughts on the final Fire Emblem Heroes results:

-Ma Boi Takumi has managed to keep his top 10 spot! I know he didn't change his place at all since the midterm results, but I'm really happy to see he still did this well. I find it funny that Leo ended up being immediately behind him in the end.

-Chrom still remained 4th, and while it would've been nice if he moved up a little, I'm happy he did this well.

-Nowi is in the top 10? Aw yeah! Glad to see one of my favorite Awakening characters move up from her previous 11th place position. Yes, I'm probably the only one here that is happy that Nowi made the top 10, but I don't mind that.

-Sakura managing to make top 20 in the end is a pleasant sight too.

-The remaining Fates royals that didn't make the top 20, Xander, Ryoma, and Hinoka, managed to finish side-by-side in the end. They got 42-44th place respectively, so they practically bubbled. Nice to see Hinoka placed 44th too. I feared she was going to do much worse.

-Oboro at 60th place? Not bad, not bad. I wish it could've been higher, but this will do for now. Same feelings with Laslow and his 69th place.

-The Kitsunes ended up being the more popular Beastkin characters agains the Wolfskins. Selkie did much better than Velouria; the former got 59th place, while the latter got 84th place. Kaden and Keaton's results were much closer though, with Kaden at 76th and Keaton at 78th. I'm happy the Kitsunes did better though. I liked them more than their Wolfskin counterparts.

-I'm satisfied that Hinata got that 185th place. I wish he'd do better, but I know he isn't a popular character, so to see him not placing below the 300th spot was a relief to me.

-Gregor at 180th though... how can the greatness that is Gregor not have scored any higher?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Evvelid 3.jpg

I thought I'd post this one more time after a few epits before I go to bed. Still no head, lol

Evvelid.png

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

3rd place Tharja was under 30k, Lucina and Lyn were over 40k

The war was real.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The image failed to load for me at first. Without the image, it took on a whole different meaning.
Well, now that you have the proper context

What do you think of my large worm?

He's named "Evvelid"

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

I'm really happy to see Lyn hold the top spot (ignoring combined votes, in which case it's Ike), when I began voting I honestly thought her winning would be a longshot in the face of characters like Lucina, Tharja, and Camilla being present, yet she managed to not only beat all of them, she held that position for the entire poll. I'm glad to see her do well, and I look forward to seeing the wallpaper and costume she gets out of this.

I'm also glad to see Tiki do well as even ignoring the lack of combined votes she placed very highly.

Rest of the results are here:
https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote/result?overall=1

Lowest character is Glade from Thracia.

Mah boy Black Knight in Top 100 (50 when combining characters).

Not surprised with how Ranulf, Jill, and Haar did, I did want them to do better, but their obscurity I knew would hold them back. I'm honestly just happy their combined votes weren't too bad altogether (Ranulf and Haar would've both barely made the top 100, Jill would've just barely missed it). Kaden and Keaton did pretty good all things considered for them, so no complaints there, and Heath wasn't too bad either.

As a side note, I'm kind of surprised Grima did as well as he did among the villain. Granted he does have an appearance in a game that's less obscure then most (the only one that really challenges him in that regard is BK due to Smash, who did beat him), but it's still odd since he's not held in high regard anywhere I've seen the character talked about.

D

Deleted member

Even weirder than that were some N64 and PS1 commercials. But I currently can't find the ones I'm looking for, so I'll say at least no gaming franchise has had commericals like these. :p
Just what was the point of these commercials.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
> "Arena quests are a great way to earn lots of Hero Feathers!"
> must complete quest 20 times to get Feathers

...I knew stockpiling those Duelling Crests was a good idea.

At least the 10,000 Feather bonus is useful (would have liked more, but maybe later they can do something about the absurd requirements). I think I'll save them, so I can promote my Catria to 5 stars. There isn't really anyone else in particular I want to use them on, I'm pretty satisfied with my lot so far. 5 star Nino or Chrom or someone like that would be nice too, but I'm happy enough for now. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom