• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
After rewatching the trailer, it does look like Pokémon follow you. Evidence to back this up goes even before USUM with the leaked walking animations of every(?) Pokémon. The emote Rockruff makes looks like the emotes Pokémon made in HGSS as well. As for why Rockruff didn't walk with the trainer in the city, like HGSS, Pokémon were restricted to enter certain spaces. So its possible Pokémon aren't allowed to walk with you in the city (don't think that's not possible. This Duskroc mess makes anything possible).

EDIT: Also note the distance between the Rockruff and trainer and the fact you're not paused to communicate with Rockruff in order to learn how its feeling.

Until its confirmed, I'll keep cool about it.

Last edited:

Chrono.

They way they said it in the trailer was vague, "More details soon!" could be interpretted very differently for people who don't look at corocoro scans. It could VERY easily be interpretted as "We'll tell you how to evolve it into this soon!"
They literally said "only certain Rockruff can achieve this form".

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'm curious to know what kind of new roles Kahili and Ryuki will get in these games, because that's what the new trailer is implying. I'm not sure if I want to jump on the whole "following Pokemon will return" train just yet because I only saw one footage of that with Rockruff.

Game Freak also revealed the updated Alola map:
Doesn't show any major new areas, but the one thing that stands out the most in that map is the dark portal lingering above Poni Island. That dark portal reminds me of the Distortion World portal above Mt. Coronet in Sinnoh's updated Platinum map. Perhaps this implies Giratina will be catchable in the post-game?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Doesn't show any major new areas, but the one thing that stands out the most in that map is the dark portal lingering above Poni Island. That dark portal reminds me of the Distortion World portal above Mt. Coronet in Sinnoh's updated Platinum map. Perhaps this implies Giratina will be catchable in the post-game?
Man that'd be a ****ing twist.

"You were expecting Necrozma but it was me! Giratina!"

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The Pokemon World Championship opening ceremony starts in 3 minutes. Here's the link to watch it live:

https://www.twitch.tv/pokemon

It's possible we might get more USUM news there. In past Worlds opening ceremony, major new information about upcoming releases have been revealed there in the past (i.e. Mega Kangaskhan was first revealed in Worlds 2013, Mega Slowbro was first revealed in Worlds 2014, and Crawbrawler was first revealed in last year's Worlds).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So some people pointed out that the place where Ryuki is in the trailer looks suspiciously similar to the layout of the Vermillion Gym. Combine that with Kukui's Kanto fetish and the empty lots in Sun and Moon, and Inge are looking like gyms are a thing.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo: *uploads a 1-minute trailer*
GameXPlain:
7b4552b7-b1b4-48b7-9ac7-6f807173d96a.png

Also, because of the topic being Gen II's digital rerelease, it's tiiiiiime for a Gwen Opinion!
Gen II has the weakest additions to the roster, while it's got some damn good stuff like Heracross, Houndour and Tyranitar, it's got a load of crap which I just can't like
Look, your mom gave this world some bad stuff and some good stuff but I don't see anyone talking **** about her
What I mean is: blame the child, not the mother
Because Gen 2 has the single objectively best Pokemon and if you **** talk her I will FITE YOU
Delibird and Slugma
You could have said you like SAO and I'd be less offended
I think I'm one of the few people who loves Ledian. :laugh: I just think it's adorable.
I love the Ledyba line but I quickly started hating them when mine became a liability in my SoulSilver Nuzlocker since it had no moves and a lower attack than Beedrill
I feel like this seals it in for me. Granted, there's some evidence to the contrary, that being how a second clip shows the player running with no Pokemon behind. So either this is a random NPC Rockruff and Pokemon following you isn't back or you can choose if they follow you or not.

It could be that either:
-You can set so no Pokemon follow you
-Pokemon aren't allowed in certain areas
-CERTAIN Pokemon aren't allowed in certain areas
-GF is a **** teasing ***** who left walking animations in SM's coding only to make it seem like they're finally bringing it back in the second USUM trailer but as it turns out this Rockruff is just salt in the wound like the Mienfoo in B2W2 anD i'M STILL SALTY ABOUT THAT
-It's a Yellow Pikachu situation
I'm curious to know what kind of new roles Kahili and Ryuki will get in these games, because that's what the new trailer is implying. I'm not sure if I want to jump on the whole "following Pokemon will return" train just yet because I only saw one footage of that with Rockruff.

Game Freak also revealed the updated Alola map:

I'm pretty sure it has to do with Necrozma, I doubt it'd be Giratina sonce a)There's no connection to Alola and b)They wouldn't tease a postgame event like this.

EDIT: the D-word isn't autocensored if followed by "teasing"
Good to know what Smashboards' priorities ars.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Its likely the following mechanic may be restricted to certain pokemon and possibly only in certain areas....similar to D/P/Plt...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nintendo: *uploads a 1-minute trailer*
GameXPlain:
View attachment 132207

Look, your mom gave this world some bad stuff and some good stuff but I don't see anyone talking **** about her
What I mean is: blame the child, not the mother
Because Gen 2 has the single objectively best Pokemon and if you **** talk her I will FITE YOU

You could have said you like SAO and I'd be less offended

I love the Ledyba line but I quickly started hating them when mine became a liability in my SoulSilver Nuzlocker since it had no moves and a lower attack than Beedrill

It could be that either:
-You can set so no Pokemon follow you
-Pokemon aren't allowed in certain areas
-CERTAIN Pokemon aren't allowed in certain areas
-GF is a **** teasing ***** who left walking animations in SM's coding only to make it seem like they're finally bringing it back in the second USUM trailer but as it turns out this Rockruff is just salt in the wound like the Mienfoo in B2W2 anD i'M STILL SALTY ABOUT THAT
-It's a Yellow Pikachu situation

I'm pretty sure it has to do with Necrozma, I doubt it'd be Giratina sonce a)There's no connection to Alola and b)They wouldn't tease a postgame event like this.

EDIT: the D-word isn't autocensored if followed by "teasing"
Good to know what Smashboards' priorities ars.

Gen II also bored me when I was little so I'm blaming both
Totodile?

Slugma and Magcargo are ****ing **** and you know it

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Junichi Masuda is appearing on the stage right now for the Worlds opening ceremony!

Looks like we're getting some news!

UPDATE: Kommo-o is getting a new Z-move in US/UM! Clangorous Soulblaze is the name! It's a powerful, double-hitting Dragon-type attack.

Here's footage of the new Z-move:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Clangorous Soulblaze looks ridiculously powerful. Dragon type move that hits both foes for huge damage and raises all of the user's stats one stage.

D

Deleted member

Totodile?
Yeah, duh, who else?
Slugma and Magcargo are ****ing **** and you know it
You're just angry because you can't hug it
Junichi Masuda is appearing on the stage right now for the Worlds opening ceremony!

UPDATE: Kommo-o is getting a new Z-move in US/UM! Clangorous Soulblaze is the name! It's a powerful, double-hitting Dragon-type attack.

Oh hey, Whammu, how you doing
>Likely uses Clanging Scales as a base
>Will boost 110 BP to at least a 150 BP
>Hits noth opponents
Hell, if this is sound-based, it bypasses through Subs so more reason to carry it

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I think every legendary will be catchable in the postgame. They have to make gen VII born legendaries available after all.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This was the Game Informer thing:

ResidentSleeper

On one hand this is basically a suped up and personalized version of the cameraman from HGSS.

On the other hand, all I could think of was "POSE FOR THE FANS!"

D

Deleted member

CHOO CHOO MOTHER****ERS ALL ABOARD THE SMOGON SALT TRAIN
Kommo-o's Z-Move also boosts all of its stats by 1 stage.
This is going to be fun to watch

ResidentSleeper

General features trailer: 1 minute
Trailer about a photo feature that'll be forgotten immediatelly after introduction: 4 minutes and 46 seconds

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So apparently if you pre-order the Dissidia NT Steelbook Edition in Europe, you get guaranteed access to the upcoming Closed Beta, assuming you pre-order before it starts of course.

Also the American pre-order guide while I'm at it.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'm seeing a lot of folks complain about the difficulty of Sonic Mania, I'm kinda surprised. I found it easier than any of the Genesis games (Blue Sphere ****ery aside).

Titanic Monarch is getting a lot of flak too for being too difficult and I don't really see it. It's long as hell for sure, but I wouldn't call it difficult.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Saw this over at Bulbapedia, but someone caught a neat detail from the background of the USUM games:

The eyes look very close to Necrozma, so it's definitely related to it. The question is whether it's a new form, or something symbolic or temporary that it takes before exerting its influence.

I like it! As a move itself, it seems pretty good since it's a powerful spread move, it boosts all of its stats, and it should hit through substitute, which allows for it to have a powerful nuke option that still gives it further use in battle even after it wasted its hold item. I could see this getting Kommo-o some use in the future, though it depends on how you deal with the Tapus since with them running around you have to play around their immunity.

As for the animation itself, it looks pretty cool. I always liked the tribal warrior influence that Kommo-o had and it's shown very well in the Z-move through its movements, just based on what we've seen so far it's probably one of my favorite Z-move animations currently.

ResidentSleeper

It looks like a cute little feature, not something you'll invest a lot of time in, but it's a neat little thing if you want to get a nice picture with a Pokémon you like. It could be worth messing around with for a short amount of time before you move on with the game's other features.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm seeing a lot of folks complain about the difficulty of Sonic Mania, I'm kinda surprised. I found it easier than any of the Genesis games (Blue Sphere ****ery aside).

Titanic Monarch is getting a lot of flak too for being too difficult and I don't really see it. It's long as hell for sure, but I wouldn't call it difficult.
I don't think it's too difficult, though I do agree with people saying that it has a difficulty spike.

Not a problem for someone like me who plays Sonic all of the time (including really hard ROM hacks of the original games), but I could see it effecting new players or people who haven't played the originals in 20 years.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"OMG IT NUKES AND BOOSTS KOMMO-O FOR GOD TIER"

*later*

"Oh wow this Z-move isn't actually as good as it looked on paper."

There. I did it for you guys. Now you don't have to.

But you will.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Let me just point out that Kommo-o is literally doing the Haka before blasting his opponents....

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I don't think anyone posted this yet, it's from the ARMS twitter page last night:
From the ARMS laboratory comes this footage of a prototype ARM. The lab also tests ARMS made by private companies!
Oh, it appears to be a "shield-type" ARM. Right now, the only shield-type ARM is the Guardian, so companies are targeting... Eh!? This is... W-what is going on...!?
From the crappy footage they show, it looks to me like it reflects incoming punches back at the opponent. So it looks like the developers are again targeting spammers with this, following right on from the rush meter change in the last update. It's good to know they're paying attention to the problems people have with the game, at least.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
*Sees kommo-o's z move* *looks over at my moon cart* Whammu my boy you about tado REAL Damage now.....because your going to get shellsmash from the move tutors given that you can show up with it in the battle tree

D

Deleted member

Geoff is really making it hard ny adding another item in his list of "**** Geoff said he thinks is his opinion and thus factually correct but are actually objective bull****":
-"Avatar is an anime"
-"Smash Bros. isn't a fighting game"
And now
-"Kakegurui is a terrible gambling anime"
*Sees kommo-o's z move* *looks over at my moon cart* Whammu my boy you about tado REAL Damage now.....because your going to get shellsmash from the move tutors given that you can show up with it in the battle tree
Shell Smash!Kommo-o on the Battle Tree was an error, they removed it long ago in the 1.1 update

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I've succumb to a lot of cheap deaths that used to plague older games where you get squished by something with very little warning, but I agree overall it's not too difficult. Honestly the hardest parts seem to be gameplay flaws, not actual level difficulty.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Jesus I forgot about Alolan forms. :laugh:

Yes please! Expand to the second and beyond generations. I'm STILL waiting for Alolan Lucario.

But gf is nerd so I'll probably wait even longer.
If anything they should add the ones they planned for the first sun and moon like the volcano koffing and weezing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Amazon already sent me my replacement Sonic Mania CE. That was fast.

Now I just need to get a box to send back the original. I'll sort that out next week.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm not 100% convinced we are getting walking Pokémon considering it was only a single scene in the trailer. I'll need to see more to be sure.
I'm still hoping for more alolan forms to be in the game.
It it's only Generation I Pokémon then I'm not interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom