• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Its inevitable!...Started playing Zero Mission again! I'm thinking I'll try to beat Zero Mission, Super Metroid and Fusion before Samus Returns!...Maybe AM2R if I'm able...

I did start another playthrough not too long ago, but then Breath of the Wild happened, but since my other playthrough was only like a half hour in I just started over...

Either way beat Kraid!

Kraid...will we ever you see again big buddy?
I've been replaying AM2R in hard mode, just reached the Tower. It'll be interesting to compare and contrast with Samus Returns.

Enjoying it a lot, though I'm not a fan of some aspects of hard mode (Metroids not dropping anything doesn't make things more challenging, it just encourages tedious travel back to save stations). Still impressed by the level design

Chrono.

So Dissidia NT has a Season Pass and a release date.

The release date is January 30th.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So Dissidia NT has a Season Pass and a release date.

The release date is January 30th.
Is there any characters you looking forward too? Would be cool if Sabin or Barrett were some of the side characters added. Though I'm sure Tifa and Laguna (I think that his name) would be in first since they were in previous games.

Chrono.

Is there any characters you looking forward too? Would be cool if Sabin or Barrett were some of the side characters added. Though I'm sure Tifa and Laguna (I think that his name) would be in first since they were in previous games.
I'd like to see how they pull off a shapeshifting character like Vincent from FF7. Noel from FFXIII-2 would be cool too. If they go crazy and add Sora from KH I wouldn't complain. Also Noctis but I'm pretty he's in because Amazon leaked him lol

Other than those I'm kinda blanking out on which FF characters exist at all right now.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd like to see how they pull off a shapeshifting character like Vincent from FF7. Noel from FFXIII-2 would be cool too. If they go crazy and add Sora from KH I wouldn't complain. Also Noctis but I'm pretty he's in because Amazon leaked him lol

Other than those I'm kinda blanking out on which FF characters exist at all right now.
Don't forget Wakka. His hatred for the Al-Bhed is the strongest weapon.

But seriously, Sabin being a hand to hand or grappler style character would be cool.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
New US/UM traileer

Is that Pokemon following you again I see?

Ryuki and the Golf person seem to have more of a role.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So on my free pull on the Heroes with Blarblade banner, I got a five star Odin.

That's good! Now I have a free Blarblade+ ready for whenever I manage to get Mae. :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Also related to Pokemon, who wants to buy a digital game and get a cardboard box with it?

As long as it's already constructed and the manual actually fits inside the box. :4megaman:

. . .I'm referring to a recent incident involving Mighty No. 9, BTW.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also, because of the topic being Gen II's digital rerelease, it's tiiiiiime for a Gwen Opinion!
Gen II has the weakest additions to the roster, while it's got some damn good stuff like Heracross, Houndour and Tyranitar, it's got a load of crap which I just can't like

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also, because of the topic being Gen II's digital rerelease, it's tiiiiiime for a Gwen Opinion!
Gen II has the weakest additions to the roster, while it's got some damn good stuff like Heracross, Houndour and Tyranitar, it's got a load of crap which I just can't like
Which ones don't you like? Just out of curiosity.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I didn't get a chance to yesterday because it was a bit busy in the house, but I decided to unbox my Sonic Mania CE (I just took out the download code yesterday, I didn't take out and properly examine any of the other things though), and uh...yeah I'm not entirely satisfied considering how it was even more expensive in Europe than the US.

My statue came with some pretty glaring blemishes that I think are kinda unacceptable.

IMG_20170818_144710.jpg

IMG_20170818_144731.jpg
He also has a slight dent on the back of one of his spines, though it isn't too noticeable and I wouldn't mind if it was just that because I wouldn't be displaying his back.

The bottom of the SEGA Mega Drive stand is also pretty scratched up, but that's also something I could live with.

My box also has a dent/crease on it, though that is likely a shipping issue.

IMG_20170818_145313.jpg

I'm gonna contact SEGA and see if they can at least replace the statue.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Which ones don't you like? Just out of curiosity.
The Chikorita line, Sentret, Ledyba, Unown, Hoppip line, Sunflora line, Snubbel line, Stantler, Girafarig, Delibird and Slugma line are all mons I dislike. I didn't want to include the mons I merely think are meh, otherwise I'd likely have 60 out of the 100 new additions in there

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So on my free pull on the Heroes with Blarblade banner, I got a five star Odin.

That's good! Now I have a free Blarblade+ ready for whenever I manage to get Mae. :p
All these people with their fancy 5* units from their free pulls, while almost all my free pulls have been stuff like 3* Raigh.

Eh, at least I got this beast from the Sacred Stones banner from 15 orbs or so, so I probably can't complain too much.
I don't even have a full set of skills on her yet, and she still destroys nearly everything she comes into contact with. I might go with Hit and Run, since that would go well with Guidance; on the off-chance she fails to kill something, it would leave a gap open between her and the enemy, where someone else can warp in and finish the job. I have Clair, who I'm never using otherwise, so I might do that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of the Tempest Trials, I just got Hardy Bearing. This is actually the first time I've gotten all unique TT rewards. The quality of life changes alongside Sonya being absolutely broken made this one a lot easier.
The Chikorita line, Sentret, Ledyba, Unown, Hoppip line, Sunflora line, Snubbel line, Stantler, Girafarig, Delibird and Slugma line are all mons I dislike. I didn't want to include the mons I merely think are meh, otherwise I'd likely have 60 out of the 100 new additions in there
I think I'm one of the few people who loves Ledian. :laugh: I just think it's adorable.

Not a fan of Granbull though? I was admittedly meh on him at first, but after he became a Fairy type he became a lot more interesting IMO.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Speaking of the Tempest Trials, I just got Hardy Bearing. This is actually the first time I've gotten all unique TT rewards. The quality of life changes alongside Sonya being absolutely broken made this one a lot easier.

I think I'm one of the few people who loves Ledian. :laugh: I just think it's adorable.

Not a fan of Granbull though? I was admittedly meh on him at first, but after he became a Fairy type he became a lot more interesting IMO.
Oh, I like Ledian, hence why I only said Ledyba and not the line. It's design is pretty neat and is an example of a Pokemon that really should have gotten a mega or something, the pre-evolved one just looks uncanny to me. Granbull's colouring and design don't mesh well to me and as part of the KR fandom, it's something I need to like the design

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh, I like Ledian, hence why I only said Ledyba and not the line. It's design is pretty neat and is an example of a Pokemon that really should have gotten a mega or something, the pre-evolved one just looks uncanny to me. Granbull's colouring and design don't mesh well to me and as part of the KR fandom, it's something I need to like the design
Ah, that makes sense. I think I actually know what it is about Ledyba that may tip you off. The eye and mouth shapes are very marionette-like, which often trigger an uncanny valley effect in people. :p

But is lavender+black really that bad of a color scheme for Granbull? Haha.

All these people with their fancy 5* units from their free pulls, while almost all my free pulls have been stuff like 3* Raigh.

Eh, at least I got this beast from the Sacred Stones banner from 15 orbs or so, so I probably can't complain too much.

I don't even have a full set of skills on her yet, and she still destroys nearly everything she comes into contact with. I might go with Hit and Run, since that would go well with Guidance; on the off-chance she fails to kill something, it would leave a gap open between her and the enemy, where someone else can warp in and finish the job. I have Clair, who I'm never using otherwise, so I might do that.
I can't get over how great Tana's art is.

I've been messing around with Hit and Run a bit since I was leveling up Clive, and it's a really fun skill to use. I could definitely see it working well on Tana.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ah, that makes sense. I think I actually know what it is about Ledyba that may tip you off. The eye and mouth shapes are very marionette-like, which often trigger an uncanny valley effect in people. :p

But is lavender+black really that bad of a color scheme for Granbull? Haha.

I can't get over how great Tana's art is.

I've been messing around with Hit and Run a bit since I was leveling up Clive, and it's a really fun skill to use. I could definitely see it working well on Tana.
Ding ding ding!
It is for me, and colour is important. Ex-Aid's base design looks good but the pink and green are ****ing awful. Granbull doesn't even have a good design going for it imo. Something about it's jaw just irks me

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ding ding ding!
It is for me, and colour is important. Ex-Aid's base design looks good but the pink and green are ****ing awful. Granbull doesn't even have a good design going for it imo. Something about it's jaw just irks me
Wild guess: is it because the "teeth" are connected to the face and not on the inside of the mouth?

Chrono.

Pokemon follow you in USUM.

That's all I needed to be at least somewhat excited again.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Gen II has :215: so automatically best Gen...

(Though I say this as someone who likes a lot more of the pokemon from Gen III)

Chrono.

I feel like this seals it in for me. Granted, there's some evidence to the contrary, that being how a second clip shows the player running with no Pokemon behind. So either this is a random NPC Rockruff and Pokemon following you isn't back or you can choose if they follow you or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom