• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Funny that today I was wondering when the next info on SSB Crusade will happen and then the official Twitter account responded to my Tweet I questioned them about (though I asked them that 3 days ago).

Hopefully the wait isn't too long.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Actually, I just realized Sonic Forces has a lot of pressure on it. Infinite's ABSOLUTELY gonna be the final boss and from what's been speculated, he has the power to warp reality. This is an easy thing to **** up on in terms of gameplay, as you can't havea being capable of bending reality itself be a wuss. It's one reason why Bill Cipher's a stupid villain, as you should not be able to lose when you have that kind of power
Reality warping is a hard power to put into a narrative without a lot of dumb **** occurring on a writing standpoint. It's pretty much the best power. So if a villain uses it, they still likely have to lose, which means they do stupid **** to get themselves got. Or if a hero has it(much rarer)the story lacks any tension.

Even Space and/or Time powers are less busted as it's manipulating a single thing.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Reality warping is a hard power to put into a narrative without a lot of dumb **** occurring on a writing standpoint. It's pretty much the best power. So if a villain uses it, they still likely have to lose, which means they do stupid **** to get themselves got. Or if a hero has it(much rarer)the story lacks any tension.

Even Space and/or Time powers are less busted as it's manipulating a single thing.
I know. But even then, something else I worry about is visualization. For example, Time Eater is clearly based off of clockwork but it doesn't do much with that motive. Then we look at Perfect Chaos, a giant water god which flooded an entire city. It just stays put and fires energy blasts most of the time (Generations did make Perfect Chaos more aggressive with it's water tentacles). I won't be surprised if Infinite's reality warp would just be limited to firing energy blasts or something

D

Deleted member

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

I just played 2 matches with some of my favorite Friday the 13th: The Game twitch streamers. It was a blast.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I keep forgetting US&M is coming out.

If the Switch title is Gen 8 this may be the first time I skip a Pokemon gen. Feels weird...

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
As for DBFZ. It's obvious #18 is gonna be in the game, no doubt. Though I wasn't sure 17 was gonna be an assist or not, I'm fine that he is, since the two of them are twins and have twin fighting styles. And Android 16 is the game's grappler it seems. Glad he's in, But most game usually pick Nappa.

I'm betting some people are surprised a bit by SSB Goku and Vegeta. But keep in mind that the official website's code labeled the first versions of as Goku(SS) and Vegeta(SS). Trunks WAS NOT labeled as Trunks(Future), but Gohan was labeled as Gohan(Y). This probably means either Ultimate Gohan or Great Saiyaman.
Even if they're twins, they still do things differently. I just really want #17 in the game, use the Super variant if it'll make him stand out more.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Stopped reading there
Good thing you'll never pass down these ****taste genes

It's either "****ing nothing" or "**** we already knew".
Trust me, there's a difference.
No good outcome. We die like Pokemon fans

BILL LOST BECAUSE HE'S AN IDIOT WHO CHASED THE DIPPER TWINS. HE COULD HAVE JUST WILLED THEM TO RUN INTO HIM BY TELEPORTATION OR SOME ****. THEN HE'D HAVE WON

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Im sorry person inviting me on Splatoon 2 but I dont do private rooms and also I dont feel like playing splatoon
I too have a person who won't stop ****ing spam the request invitations for Splatoon 2.

I have a life outside of the Switch and he doesn't seem to understand.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Can someone tell me if there are any special stage rings in
Titanic Monarch Act 2

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Say what you will about MvC:I's roster and graphics.

But the modes look pretty darn good.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Say what you will about MvC:I's roster and graphics.

But the modes look pretty darn good.
I'm actually happy with the amount of game modes.

I'm really leaning towards keeping my preorder, rigged roster or not.

D

Deleted member

BILL LOST BECAUSE HE'S AN IDIOT WHO CHASED THE DIPPER TWINS. HE COULD HAVE JUST WILLED THEM TO RUN INTO HIM BY TELEPORTATION OR SOME ****. THEN HE'D HAVE WON
The only reason he lost was because he underestimated them.
As far as he knew, the only way to defeat him was destroyed, so he was just toying with them.

And he did end up catching the twins, so nothing changed in the end. He needed to get into Ford's mind to find out how to break the barrier and all they had to do was to trick him into entering in Stan's mind instead.

Him not using his powers wasn't his downfall, it was Stan's incredible impersonation of JK Simmons.

D

Deleted member

The human race wikipedia article sounds like it was written by some extraterrestrial alien.
Maybe it's not "like if it was" maybe "it was"...
Inb4 new Mimikyu Form and nothing else.
You say that as if a new Mimikyu form wouldn't be the hypest ****
It'd actually be the second-hypest ****, the most hypest **** would be a friendship-based evo for Mimikyu but that's only fairgame when Gen 8 comes around

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Since I like that power of the crystal in Sonic Mania maybe I'll base my last super hero off that? I dunno...

Chrono.

So I didn't see people discussing

Goku's new form here.

It's a form alright. I wonder if it's the next step in Super Saiyan God or something else entirely.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Looks like we got some neat fighting game updates - Android 18 was on my bingo-list, but I didn't expect Android 16. Well, gotta fill out the Big Guy archetype somehow in a fighter.

Re: Marvel - Although the gameplay and modes look pretty decent (Arcade mode, online, Training), I am still disappointed by the roster. 30 characters, and I lose some of my personal faves like Phoenix Wright, Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu, Deadpool and Hsien-Ko. At least Jedah looks sick - one of my most wanted on the Capcom side, but it's disappointing the Monster Hunter is most likely going to be DLC. I won't buy it Day 1 recklessly like SFV, but I'll wait on the community opinion before investing in it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Goku's new form here.

It's a form alright. I wonder if it's the next step in Super Saiyan God or something else entirely.
For some reason I think he looks like this seconds before turning Super Saiyan White/Silver or something.

It looks okay, cool to see muscular Goku again.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so tomorrow is pokemon worlds and as with every year that worlds leads up to a new game were probobly going to get a reveal....so expect to see said reveal covered by that game informer thing

Chrono.

so tomorrow is pokemon worlds and as with every year that worlds leads up to a new game were probobly going to get a reveal....so expect to see said reveal covered by that game informer thing
Magikarp Splash 2: The Empire Splashes Back

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well let's see. . .Pokemon Company listed off Pokken and Mystery Dungeon as examples of games that might be more painless to bring to the Switch than mainline. . .Pokken and Mainline are already announced, with mainline essentially being "maybe 2018 if we can make it". . .Spike Chunsoft is on the list of Switch devs. . .

. . .

*music box plays in the distance*

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

Keith Stanfield's inflection is perfect.

It's also interesting that Light isn't perfect, in that he doesn't seem like a cold, calculated machine.

Unlike most of the vocal people I see, I'm really curious to see what this movie brings to the table, and according to Ohba the writer of the manga, it seems to set up a potential sequel. The 26th is coming soon, cannot wait. :)

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Stealth Hero Invisible Girl aka Toru Hagakure.
That's it. That's the only example I need

And Splatoon Twitter got it right, when you turn invisible, your cloths won't get invisible.
Here is Hagakure completely without cloths...in white background...

My vote goes to Team @Flight.
@Flight for the win.

Might have to thank @Shishœ for mentioning Skullgirls here.

Decided to look it up. Looks pretty solid.
The team who made this game is going to have their new game Indivisible, on Switch.
Looking forward to that, but I personally prefer Skullgirls being on Nintendo Switch as well. Just think about it, Skullgirls is on literally every platform besides Nintendo Console... (I think there was even a mobil version in test) But if it is on Switch it could be the best version since you can play it on TV or on the go, and you can also play it in Table top mode, just think about it.
This image uploader is more broken than Bayonetta :^)

I'm having fun with it, I like 2D fighting games like this.
Like, I'm terrible in almost all fighting games I know and this is no exception but I at least feel like I know what I'm doing and it feels so satisfying to land combos(which aren't that hard).

I think this is because there's a very detailed tutorial from the most basic stuff to how to do combos

Filia is best girl

Same here, Smash is probably my only favorite fighting game until I check Skullgirls two years ago after watching a "One Minute Melee" video where Peacock is in.
Still haven't played the game... And my laptop recently got busted... So can't buy it on Steam for now. And like I said, I hope Skullgirls can come to Switch one day.

And does anyone have this Switch bend gate problem? I check mine and it doesn't have significant warp. And despite putting on flat surface it was kind of hard to fine one without any minor rugged surface in my house... Not even my house's floor is that flat.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If mod really give me a warning for that, I wouldn't even be mad.
Don't tempt me. XD

That said, I decided to finally change my username.

I came up with the hardest option available. Meet Rocky Bouldera. His cutting edge stone techniques are quite a force to be rock-wreckened with.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Don't tempt me. XD

That said, I decided to finally change my username.

I came up with the hardest option available. Meet Rocky Bouldera. His cutting edge stone techniques are quite a force to be rock-wreckened with.
Yeah, at first I thought "Who are you?", later I know you are Purrfect Cell.
With Hagakure I think I can tell which fanarts are OK and which are not OK.
I am pretty sure this is okay:
Despite her being invisible, Hagakure is one of the top vote MHA class 1 A characters. Tying with Mina
This pic appears at the end of Vol 14
I am concerning about Momo rather than Hagakure when posting this pic this time around...

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Y'know it would have made more sense for the pink joycon to be the left one and the green be the right since Callie and Pearl are pink and on the left and Marie and Marina are green and on the right.

Chrono.

You know, there is a huge missed opportunity with a certain bonus feature from Mania.

& Knuckles mode when using Sonic and Tails doesn't add Knuckles, but replaces Tails.

Pretty weird oversight considering that's just what happens if you choose Sonic alone anyway, plus Sonic Classic Heroes is a well known ROM hack, not like they had to do it, but having all 3 team Sonic members on screen would've been a cool indirect nod to it.

D

Deleted member

And with the better character to boot. Based Pearl better win again!
Marina's cool too, but if Pearl went with Flight, then I got to side with her.

And does anyone have this Switch bend gate problem? I check mine and it doesn't have significant warp. And despite putting on flat surface it was kind of hard to fine one without any minor rugged surface in my house... Not even my house's floor is that flat.
After having checked whether my Nintendo Switch system has this problem or not the month I got it, and talking about this subject before, I can ultimately say mine doesn't suffer from this problem much. I think this bulge at the back is by design, to be honest. My Nintendo Switch Dock is ever so (very, very) slightly bent inwards, but the system can get in and out easily. I have even moved the system up and down while it's connected the Dock, to see if it's affected by it-- nothing at all. If the system was bent, then it would be stuck and I wouldn't be able to move it. The only negative is that the left side of the bezel got a scratch in June, but that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Goku's new form here.

I do like that he remains fairly normal looking. If he doesn't get anything more drastic than that, it'll be cool.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
And with the better character to boot. Based Pearl better win again!
Marina's cool too, but if Pearl went with Flight, then I got to side with her
But in an unfortunate reality, most people go for invisible because Marina is more popular...
After having checked whether my Nintendo Switch system has this problem or not the month I got it, and talking about this subject before, I can ultimately say mine doesn't suffer from this problem much. I think this bulge at the back is by design, to be honest. My Nintendo Switch Dock is ever so (very, very) slightly bent inwards, but the system can get in and out easily. I have even moved the system up and down while it's connected the Dock, to see if it's affected by it-- nothing at all. If the system was bent, then it would be stuck and I wouldn't be able to move it. The only negative is that the left side of the bezel got a scratch in June, but that's it.
Some say this could be just early manufacture defect since most people who had this problem were the early adopters.
I never had use the dock to this day, and there wasn't any significant bend on my Switch. And in my opinion some bends are really hard to tell, grab items that may seem flat like books, tissue boxes doesn't count. The one who use the water balance ruler looks convincing though. Those who are familiar with plastic on the other hand said that the heat of the Switch isn't enough to melt the plastic. So the most feasible way to make the Switch warp/bend could also be by force.
Speaking of that, kind of odd the the Know's thumbnail is actually JerrryRigEverything doing the Switch bend test.
Switch is actually very sturdy, but if you watch his bend test video, Switch can be bend, but it wouldn't break.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Its inevitable!...Started playing Zero Mission again! I'm thinking I'll try to beat Zero Mission, Super Metroid and Fusion before Samus Returns!...Maybe AM2R if I'm able...

I did start another playthrough not too long ago, but then Breath of the Wild happened, but since my other playthrough was only like a half hour in I just started over...

Either way beat Kraid!

Kraid...will we ever you see again big buddy?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom