• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Another interesting thing from the interview is that they seemed to confirm "Echoes" will potentially be the label for remakes in the series going forward. Neat.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Who's the girl in Skullgirls with the vaccum cleaner?

I only know her from some Undertale crossover artwork I saw on Google.

D

Deleted member

They don't.

Beowolf and Big Band exist after all.

:^)

But yeah, that was part of the style they were going for at the time. The studio's attempt at a more serious story has less fan service.

@Zebei can tell you about that one.
You mean I wasted 10 minutes on trying to figure out which of Big Band's moves gave me a panty shot? I demand a refund!
Also, Beowolf is shirtless so...

So far, I liked Filia and Cerebella the most, though I haven't really given the others much of a chance
Except Double, I hate Ditto Fighters that are a conglomerate of other fighters
Another interesting thing from the interview is that they seemed to confirm "Echoes" will potentially be the label for remakes in the series going forward. Neat.
I think they had said in an interview before where they asked fans to not call it Echoes and instead SoV as it could cause confusion in the case they made other 'Echoes' games

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Android 17 showing up for one of Android 18's attacks probably means he's he not playable which is sad, I really wanted to make up a team of 16, 17 and 18.

I guess they could always add Super 17 :crying:
i mean i guess that means goku isnt playable seeing as he shows up in gohans super

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gray. Buddy. I love you and all, but if you're gonna break my Celica pity rate, don't be -ATK in the future.

BRB dead inside

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So uh...

I got an interview here for all you Fire Emblem nerds.

https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2017...-nintendo-dream-interview-july-2017-complete/

Some things of note!

• The people behind recent Fire Emblem fans understand there's a divide in what old fans want and new fans want.
  • Shadows of Valentia was made after they knew a 2018 Switch titles was going to be made. They just made it in the lull of time after Fates and before they started.
  • You know the effect where you'll zoom into a battle from the map that the 3DS games have? Well apparently, the entire map is rendered in 3D and just zooms into where you are.
  • Proportions were more realistic in Shadows of Valentia due to advances in technology and IS figuring things out.
  • The 2018 Switch title WILL HAVE REALISTIC PROPORTIONS LIKE VALENTIA AND LESS OF A STYLE LIKE AWAKENING/FATES.
  • Seems they want to focus on realism from now on.
  • They understand that "Kissy Faces" are a norm for the series now, but part of the reason there isn't in Shadows of Valentia is because they want to be able to move on if they want to.
  • They don't see marriage/children as a staple. They see it as a mechanic that they can remove at any time. That said, they understand that many fans won't like it being removed.
  • Faye was included into Shadows of Valentia as a different character originally but was changed to be more... "interesting."
  • Faye scares one of the developers.
  • Mila's Turnwheel was included because Phoenix Mode did not give you a chance to think about what happened and improve.
  • They made orange jokes.
  • Alm is the first main Fire Emblem character to be left handed.
  • They state that they can now make small connections to Awakening like what happened with Shadows of Valentia.
  • They are happy with Shadows of Valentia's success.

So.

What do you think?
It's kind of funny at how much of a standstill graphically the series has been at since FE10/12. As someone who turns off battle animations 95% of the time, I'm curious to know if they'll use sprites or 3D models for the overworld.

I remember seeing on Twitter a video of someone who hacked the game to give their units 100 Attack Range. In their battle animation it took about 10 seconds of flying before their Javelin reached their target. I'll have to try digging that up.

More or less what I've argued about Phoenix Mode since it was announced. Mila's Turnwheel is a great compromise that hopefully returns in some fashion.. Though what I really want to see is bonus objectives return from FE9/10 to encourage greater strategic thinking and increased diversity among each Chapter.

I'm glad to see Marriage/Children might not turn into a staple. It's a great concept on paper, but they've handled it poorly thus far. That said I think they should give newer fans a taste of how FE6-9 handled supports, in that you limit them to characters who actually have things to say to one another. I would like to hope that fans will come to accept better writting will make up for the fact that you can no longer ship "Character Trait A" with "Character Trait B."

Still waiting for whether or not they'll skip My Unit/Avatar, or at least keep them out of story mode.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
New Mahvel Infinite story trailer

That's looking way better than what we previously got.

This however:
These newly added characters bring the final roster at launch up to 30 characters, with more post launch characters to be revealed in the future.
is ****

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

This however:

is ****

On one hand, I'm happy Ghost Rider seems to be back.

On the other hand, things aren't looking good for Ant-Man being in the base game...

D

Deleted member

In more important news:
No clothing. 4 swords only. Jugdral Yggdrasil Labyrinth.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

This however:

is ****

I have to admit, the moment where Nemesis come and say his famous...catchword I guess? Was pretty cool. And him getting suplex by Haggar was even more funny.:laugh:

Overall, this trailer was fine to me. Some cool and funny moment here and there, but nothing to say that the story mode will be great all around, we will see in the futur for that.

Ivander

Smash Legend

This however:

is ****

For some reason, I like this roster so far. That being said, give us the Hunter soon, Capcom! You can't hide them forever. There's a reason you have Dahran Mohran in the game.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Got all the Chaos Emeralds and defeated the Super Sonic boss last night in Sonic Mania.

Also got the Collector's Edition today.

Now I shall give my full thoughts.

This game is flippin fantastic.

It's pure, Classic Sonic fun. A giant love letter to both the classic series and the fan community. The amount of love and passion put into this game is staggering. The level design is fantastic, the music by Tee Lopes is phenomenal, and the bosses are some of the best in the series.

If I had any complaints, it would be the lack of level transitions in the latter half in the game. And it can be kind of jarring.
To give an example.
Sonic goes from Angel Island to Little Planet, there is no transition to explain how he gets there, it just fades to black and he's there.

However, story does take a bit of back seat this time around, so it's not too big of deal.

Overall, Sonic Mania is not just a game I would recommend to Sonic fans, but to anyone and everyone.

Thank you SEGA, Christian Whitehead, Stealth, and PagodaWest Games for making a game that'll be remembered for years come.

To wrap this all up, I'll talk about the true ending.
So it's basically all but confirmed that Mania will tie into Sonic Forces
Which is cool, but considering I'm not really all that hyped for Forces, I maybe could have done without it.
Oh well, Mania still stands on it's own
Now onto a Knuckles playthrough.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So uh...

• They understand that "Kissy Faces" are a norm for the series now, but part of the reason there isn't in Shadows of Valentia is because they want to be able to move on if they want to.
  • They don't see marriage/children as a staple. They see it as a mechanic that they can remove at any time. That said, they understand that many fans won't like it being removed.
I'm glad to hear that, I understand that it's part of the reason the series is successful now, but after Fates' implementation I don't want it to be forced into every game even when it serves to its detriment. So it's good that they understand that there are limits to how much they can use it even if they know it's important.
  • They state that they can now make small connections to Awakening like what happened with Shadows of Valentia.
Half and half on this, on the one hand what they did in the post-game was well-handled and actually patched up a major flaw with Awakening's plot, but at the same time I don't want them to treat Awakening like Pokémon treats Kanto and always refer back to it even when it doesn't serve a purpose.
  • They are happy with Shadows of Valentia's success.
I found this bit interesting because before they say that Shadow Dragon and New Mystery didn't do well compared to it, yet both had better sales then SoV. It shows it's all about relativity here, and you can't just look at sales and say what game is a success or not. This should also hopefully mean they'll be willing to do more remakes, FE4 remake please!

On another note, while I figured Conrad was meant to parallel Berkut, I do consider it funny that he also contrasts Faye to an extent.

This however:

is ****

Oh hey, they fixed Chun-Li's face, and Jedah looks pretty cool.

But with that said the roster does looks disappointing, especially since a good number of the characters people were excited for (ex. Monster Hunter, Venom, Ant-Man) seem to be held off for DLC. They could've done a lot better with it, hell putting the DLC in the base roster would've patched up some things nicely.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Chrono.

Some scans from the latest V-Jump

18 is lookin' nice~

Now I just need Videl confirmation, and I'm good
So 17 isn't his own character? That kinda sucks but I can live with it.

Minor nitpick but I wish Blue Goku and Blue Vegeta had their God outfits.

EDIT: Actually I think 17 still has a shot, mostly because it's a 3v3 fighter and having one Android missing would be weird (but not impossible, not like they gotta fill some quota)

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
So 17 isn't his own character? That kinda sucks but I can live with it.

Minor nitpick but I wish Blue Goku and Blue Vegeta had their God outfits.

EDIT: Actually I think 17 still has a shot, mostly because it's a 3v3 fighter and having one Android missing would be weird (but not impossible, not like they gotta fill some quota)
They could still give him his own slot. Not like there hasn't been super assists before. I mean, hell Gohan has Father-Son kamehameha and yet Goku is still around.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hahahahaha they finally gave Pearl a good Splatfest team.

Looks like eggs aren't for dinner yet, you guys #TeamFlight or #TeamInvisibility?

Chrono.

They could still give him his own slot. Not like there hasn't been super assists before. I mean, hell Gohan has Father-Son kamehameha and yet Goku is still around.
Huge difference between those.

17 is the actual model and character, Goku in Gohan's super is just a spirit.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Looks like eggs aren't for dinner yet, you guys #TeamFlight or #TeamInvisibility?
Flight would be more useful to me personally...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Been playing the PS4 version of Sonic Mania that came with my CE. The game looks gorgeous in 4K, the colours are way more vibrant.

I did notice something different from the Switch version, and I'm assuming this might be because of the Switch version being a bit more buggy (which we know for a fact at this point).

In the Switch version, you can go Super when you have a shield active. You can't in the PS4 version. You also could not in S3&K.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The next splatfest is as the complete bafoons say "Flight vs Marina"

I have weird pronunciations of other peoples names sometimes.

Like there'd be a guy named Chris but I'd pronounce his name as *******.

True fact.
Excuse me?

D

Deleted member

When Android 17 joins the battle, Alfonzo takes care of helping 18 in her super
Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!
Pls dont let this meme die

Invisibility means I never have to wear pants again.
Flight would end up killing my legs in the long term and I'm afraid of heights

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Catch up time:
  • The Marvel Inf story trailer looks actually good (and made needed model improvements) though I'm not sure how I feel of a 30 base roster
  • Team Flight, baby!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
On one hand flight would theoretically tire a person out quickly.

On the other hand, unless Required Secondary Powers are involved, if you choose Invisibility you'll go blind while invisible because it'd affect your rods and cones too.

D

Deleted member

On one hand flight would theoretically tire a person out quickly.

On the other hand, unless Required Secondary Powers are involved, if you choose Invisibility you'll go blind while invisible because it'd affect your rods and cones too.
Not if it's light refraction/reflection-based invisibility.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Yeah but if it's reflection based, it'd be REALLY easy to tell where someone is. Just look for the random human shaped mirror.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
yeah true. im probably gonna pick flight but with invisibility, I coumd steal things without getting caught
Yeah but you'd need other super powers or you'd be blind when invisible.

Then it wouldn't really be invisibility. It'd be like video game invisibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom