• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Zeta Gundam and thinking of Dynasty Warriors Gundam makes me want a game im pissed off will never exist.

I want a game all about controlling giant mechs, fighting other giant mechs. Dynasty Warriors Gundam does that just fine. . .but I want more strategy and planning. I want to create my army. I want to train ace pilots and make better mechs. I want to give them orders to take on certain "footholds" (DW's zones, but with less of them and being more important). I want to fight other armies, maybe having positive and negative relationships with them, other planets, and alliances. I want to have to keep morale of thos ace pilots and the regular crew up.

. . .Basically X-com, Dynasty warriors gundam, and . . .well im note sure about what other games it would be for the social part.

**** I WANT SO MUCH WHY WILL THIS NEVER HAPPEN.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I might be late on this, but apparently some of the most important people on the team behind The Lion King (the director and producer, to be specific) have very recently just stated that Scar and Mufasa aren't actually brothers.

If this is true then a part of my childhood has just been crushed. :emptysheep:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I might be late on this, but apparently some of the most important people on the team behind The Lion King (the director and producer, to be specific) have very recently just stated that Scar and Mufasa aren't actually brothers.

what is this bull**** babyrage

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Watching Zeta Gundam and thinking of Dynasty Warriors Gundam makes me want a game im pissed off will never exist.

I want a game all about controlling giant mechs, fighting other giant mechs. Dynasty Warriors Gundam does that just fine. . .but I want more strategy and planning. I want to create my army. I want to train ace pilots and make better mechs. I want to give them orders to take on certain "footholds" (DW's zones, but with less of them and being more important). I want to fight other armies, maybe having positive and negative relationships with them, other planets, and alliances. I want to have to keep morale of thos ace pilots and the regular crew up.

. . .Basically X-com, Dynasty warriors gundam, and . . .well im note sure about what other games it would be for the social part.

**** I WANT SO MUCH WHY WILL THIS NEVER HAPPEN.
I can't speak of behalf of Gundam (since I dropped the whole franchise long ago), but the Dynasty / Samurai Warriors Empires series can suit you fancy. If you won't invest in a unfamiliar universe, that's perfectly fine too. Just something for thought that I'd recommend for the bold parts required.

I'm having a blast creating my own army, building relationships, and unleashing my wrath over fools who would dare defy me in my conquest to unite China / Japan.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Scar actually became evil because he discovered he was adopted.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I just found out that apparently I've been pronouncing Jugdral incorrectly this entire time.

I didn't get the connection at first, but the name of the continent comes from Norse, like many other things from FE4 and FE5. The J should be pronounced the same way as Mjölnir's is...because it's a reference to Yggdrasil. Yug-dral.

Chrono.

On my Knuckles playthrough everything feels way easier.

I got all Emeralds by Studiopolis, special stages in general don't feel as tough (the 5th can still go die in a fire though). Also I've come to dislike some of the bosses after facing them again.

Namely Metal Sonic's second phase and Flying Battery's Eggman boss fight.

I can't speak of behalf of Gundam (since I dropped the whole franchise long ago), but the Dynasty / Samurai Warriors Empires series can suit you fancy. If you won't invest in a unfamiliar universe, that's perfectly fine too. Just something for thought that I'd recommend for the bold parts required.

I'm having a blast creating my own army, building relationships, and unleashing my wrath over fools who would dare defy me in my conquest to unite China / Japan.
If a legitimate DW comes to switch (not all stars or anything) I will buy it.

Unless it's Dynasty Warriors Gundam. I would buy that too day one.

My game is super specific in my head. There is a lot more details I didn't feel like putting in the post because it would be like pages long

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

Doesn't Simba call Scar "Uncle Scar" though? Either way it's too late for them to change this now :dazwa:

Also after a small Smash competition at a recent convention I thought I'd get back to playing Smash 4 again so I can get better with :4charizard: who I had used in the competition because of the rules being 8 player Smash because time reasons. I just came up short in the 6 player elimination with me being one of the three left standing near the end of the match :ohwell:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So uh...

I got an interview here for all you Fire Emblem nerds.

https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2017...-nintendo-dream-interview-july-2017-complete/

Some things of note!

• The people behind recent Fire Emblem fans understand there's a divide in what old fans want and new fans want.
  • Shadows of Valentia was made after they knew a 2018 Switch titles was going to be made. They just made it in the lull of time after Fates and before they started.
  • You know the effect where you'll zoom into a battle from the map that the 3DS games have? Well apparently, the entire map is rendered in 3D and just zooms into where you are.
  • Proportions were more realistic in Shadows of Valentia due to advances in technology and IS figuring things out.
  • The 2018 Switch title WILL HAVE REALISTIC PROPORTIONS LIKE VALENTIA AND LESS OF A STYLE LIKE AWAKENING/FATES.
  • Seems they want to focus on realism from now on.
  • They understand that "Kissy Faces" are a norm for the series now, but part of the reason there isn't in Shadows of Valentia is because they want to be able to move on if they want to.
  • They don't see marriage/children as a staple. They see it as a mechanic that they can remove at any time. That said, they understand that many fans won't like it being removed.
  • Faye was included into Shadows of Valentia as a different character originally but was changed to be more... "interesting."
  • Faye scares one of the developers.
  • Mila's Turnwheel was included because Phoenix Mode did not give you a chance to think about what happened and improve.
  • They made orange jokes.
  • Alm is the first main Fire Emblem character to be left handed.
  • They state that they can now make small connections to Awakening like what happened with Shadows of Valentia.
  • They are happy with Shadows of Valentia's success.

So.

What do you think?

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Scar actually became evil because he discovered he was adopted.
My mind has been blown....
Doesn't Simba call Scar "Uncle Scar" though? Either way it's too late for them to change this now :dazwa:
It is possible for kids to refer to close friends of their parents or even themselves as "uncle" or "aunt", though really, there were more indications in the original movie that they were related as brothers than not, imo....and it would've been nice if they said this, I dunno, 22 years earlier? :upsidedown:

I'm not changing my own mind on it; it's been far too long. That is the story as I've always known it.

• They understand that "Kissy Faces" are a norm for the series now, but part of the reason there isn't in Shadows of Valentia is because they want to be able to move on if they want to.
huh?
  • You know the effect where you'll zoom into a battle from the map that the 3DS games have? Well apparently, the entire map is rendered in 3D and just zooms into where you are.
I remember thinking "man this would be so awesome" when I played Awakening, then Fates sort of had it and now it will 100% be there. I love when I get oddly specific things like this.
Welp, magic removed from the game. RIP
  • They don't see marriage/children as a staple. They see it as a mechanic that they can remove at any time. That said, they understand that many fans won't like it being removed.
So it's staying forever, or until they decide it isn't profitable for some reason.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I remember thinking "man this would be so awesome" when I played Awakening, then Fates sort of had it and now it will 100% be there.
You misunderstand me.

That isn't something they said would be in FE Switch.

That's something they have done with Awakening, Fates and Shadows of Valentia.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So uh...

https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2017...-nintendo-dream-interview-july-2017-complete/

Some things of note!

• The people behind recent Fire Emblem fans understand there's a divide in what old fans want and new fans want.
  • Shadows of Valentia was made after they knew a 2018 Switch titles was going to be made. They just made it in the lull of time after Fates and before they started.
  • Proportions were more realistic in Shadows of Valentia due to advances in technology and IS figuring things out.
  • The 2018 Switch title WILL HAVE REALISTIC PROPORTIONS LIKE VALENTIA AND LESS OF A STYLE LIKE AWAKENING/FATES.
  • Faye was included into Shadows of Valentia as a different character originally but was changed to be more... "interesting."
  • Mila's Turnwheel was included because Phoenix Mode did not give you a chance to think about what happened and improve.
  • They state that they can now make small connections to Awakening like what happened with Shadows of Valentia.

So.

What do you think?
I like that they have an understanding of the divide in the fandom, as that means they likely have an understanding of other issues as well. I can't see another Fire Emblem game actually pleasing the older sect of the fandom as it is, but it does make me think they're going to at least try their best with the 2018 game.

Marriage/children being seen as able to be dropped at any time is also encouraging. Not because I'm fussed about it like some crowds, but because it means they're more likely to experiment with it instead of leaving it stagnant or drop it if it ends up being truly dead weight down the road.

Those two things combined make me think they're going into FE 2018 with at least a semi-healthy mindset. Obviously there's a lot of variables not covered, but just being aware of reality and wanting to be flexible is a big step up from how some Nintendo games seem to be handled.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm playing through Sonic Mania and while it's a good game and I understand why people enjoy it, it's reaffirming the apathy I've felt towards the Sonic series these last ten to fifteen years. It's fun right when you jump in but the high wears off pretty quick and then it just seems kind of simplistic and repetitive to me.

I just think I've grown out of enjoying the Sonic platformers.

Though the visuals and music are great and Mania added a lot of smart, neat mechanics. And a lot of the boss battles are clever.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyone have any good super hero ideas to round out my super hero team in my comic.

Blowhard: Cloud creation, air bending, water bending
Hourglass: Sand kinesis, glassmancy, time slowing aura
Root: Bag of indefinite holding
A late response, but a(nother) bruiser/rushdown type might be good. Each of these characters seem to rely on weapons and long range. Maybe someone like Colossus(metal skin) and Hulk(strong but can't fly), or someone like Spider-Man(strong and fast) and Flash(really, really fast).

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Anyone have any good super hero ideas to round out my super hero team in my comic.

A guy who can search the internet at a very fast speed...you'd be able to look up a lot of info that way...

Well, so far City College is turning out to be nice enough. It's nowhere near as time intensive as High School...

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So uh...

Some things of note!

So.

What do you think?
-Nice to see that they do acknowledge the divide. If anything, something like that will encourage them to try out different ideas to find a possible balance for both sides.

-I thought Fates was a step-up from Awakening when it came to proportions. But than again, I haven't gotten Shadows of Valentia yet to see how much of a difference there is between it and Fates.

-"Kissy faces"?..........What is this referring to exactly? :confused:

-Interesting to see that they don't entirely see marriage and children as the future for the franchise. That being said, yeah, it has definitely left a powerful mark and it won't be the easiest thing to leave out. That being said, I'd still like to see Blazing Sword and Binding Blade merged into one game.

-Define "interesting."

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
-Nice to see that they do acknowledge the divide. If anything, something like that will encourage them to try out different ideas to find a possible balance for both sides.

-I thought Fates was a step-up from Awakening when it came to proportions. But than again, I haven't gotten Shadows of Valentia yet to see how much of a difference there is between it and Fates.

-"Kissy faces"?..........What is this referring to exactly? :confused:

-Interesting to see that they don't entirely see marriage and children as the future for the franchise. That being said, yeah, it has definitely left a powerful mark and it won't be the easiest thing to leave out. That being said, I'd still like to see Blazing Sword and Binding Blade merged into one game.

-Define "interesting."
I think Kissy faces is in relation to skinship, you know, the creepy as hell face petting.. I think

Ignore me, Im wrong I think, Im sorry

Last edited:

Chrono.

Oh my god. I just made it to Mirage Saloon with Knuckles.

Act 1 is completely exclusive to him (as opposed to the Sky Chase Zone esque act Sonic gets) what's more is that the music is very reminiscent of his treasure hunting stages from SA2.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think Kissy faces is in relation to skinship, you know, the creepy as hell face petting.. I think

Ignore me, Im wrong I think, Im sorry
I'm not surprised if most people thought it is referring to the Live2D stuff, but the way they said that "Kissy faces" is a norm for the series now, implies that it isn't talking about that. The only two closest things I can think of are either:
-the confession scenes from both Awakening AND Fates for getting S-Rank
-OR someone did a horrible error on translating and they were talking about "My Unit/Avatar" characters like Kris, Robin and Corrin, which would actually make a lot of sense, as "My Unit/Avatar" started with FE12(technically FE7/Blazing Sword which had Mark, but FE12 was the one that made them a controllable unit) than continued for the next 2 games and then didn't appear in Fire Emblem 15/Shadows of Valentia.
Actually, I'm wondering if "Kissy Faces" was actually referring to the "My Unit/Avatar" characters, cause after 3 games in a row, it's certainly not going to be easy to get rid of just as much as marriage and children characters.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Looks like Sonic has been doing some training with the gods of Universe 7.

Yeah this is a glitch you can do. It's pretty neat.

The bad part being you're not actually super, Sonic works just like he would normally the only difference is his sprite looks different and the music playing switches to the super one.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
After drawing 13 pairs of animu eyes, I finally learned the Tareme style; Tsurime is next of course.
Listening modern Iron Maiden while practicing actually ****ing worked lol.

The bad part being you're not actually super, Sonic works just like he would normally the only difference is his sprite looks different and the music playing switches to the super one.

If Tailslifla turns Blue Im dropping the series.

Chrono.

So Shenmue III is being published by Deep Silver.

The real news being that Shenmue III isn't dead.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wait, Fates/Awakening proportions are unrealistic? Never seemed like that...
For Fates, I don't remember seeing anything weird. But for Awakening character having little feet, yeaaah, I don't think that's normal.

Chrono.

Awakening characters had no feet. Both games also reused models for all the classes with only the head being different. So every character in their class had the same body.

D

Deleted member

So I just found out that apparently I've been pronouncing Jugdral incorrectly this entire time.

I didn't get the connection at first, but the name of the continent comes from Norse, like many other things from FE4 and FE5. The J should be pronounced the same way as Mjölnir's is...because it's a reference to Yggdrasil. Yug-dral.
Silly Opossum, since it's in English, you have to disregard the original pronunciation and just call it Jugdral in the same way you read it :^))))))))
Mila's Turnwheel was included because Phoenix Mode did not give you a chance to think about what happened and improve
I like that this is how they decided on MT
PM allowed you to close your eyes and leave the battle on auto with 0% chance of failure. MT is limited and requires you to rethink your tactics.

The downside is that it made me 100% more aggressive in Echoes because I always knew I could turn back if my full on assault failed
Alm is the first main Fire Emblem character to be left handed.
#EndRightHandBias
I wouldn't say proportions but... the movements are really, well, weird
The biggest issues in Fates are the jumping horses and the Stoneborn who don't even look to be made out of stone and kills any sense of threat they should have, though there are more.
No, seriously, I can't stress how much I was disappointed when I first found one of them and it just... stretched around? I thought the game would make it look like a heavy ass golem like in the ****ing opening but nope, elastic golem

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

Paperman. He carries around sheets of paper that stretch and grow, that he can fold into working bombs, shields, cars, etc.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

>the bad part

There is nothing bad about this.

This is perfection in definition.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I feel like I should be surprised about SSB Goku and Vegeta being separate characters in FighterZ, but knowing the history of DBZ games... it was kinda inevitable.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I have weird pronunciations of other peoples names sometimes.

Like there'd be a guy named Chris but I'd pronounce his name as jackass.

True fact.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I believe one of them also said he recently learned that water is wet. :p
Interesting. I'm hopeful we don't see it as a permanent mechanic, at least not in its current form. too limiting on the type of story that can be told IMO.
That's an "interesting" way of describing her.
I wouldn't really say she's scary...a bit creepy whenever she's talking to Alm, but that's about it.
Good, I hope this or a similar mechanic becomes a staple. I think it's even better than Casual in that regard since it actually gives inexperienced players a chance to identify and correct their mistakes.
So does that mean people will stop debating if it was a flop or not?

...with this fanbase, probably not.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Skullgirls is actually really fun, I just want to question why every character has a panty shot.
Also, why is the main character literally Mako if she had got Senketsu instead of Ryuko?
So it's pronounced Crow-ix?
Cro-ics

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just want to question why every character has a panty shot
They don't.

Beowolf and Big Band exist after all.

:^)

But yeah, that was part of the style they were going for at the time. The studio's attempt at a more serious story has less fan service.

A Distant Demon A Distant Demon can tell you about that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom