• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & Splatoon 2 are on top of Disney XD's esports ratings

Smash and Splatoon seem like the best fit for the kind of demographic that would watch Disney XD, TBH. They have a similar success rate making beloved cartoons that hit the Nintendo gamer niche at this point to Cartoon Network, even if they don't boop it on the nose quite as hard as CN's shows.

I noticed a Splatoon run towards the bottom as well, but looking at the time it explains pretty thoroughly why. Ain't nobody staying up until 2AM for that.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Hunnid P made a new Knuckles inspired track in celebration of Sonic Mania.

You may know Hunnid P as the dude who sang all the rap from the SA2 Knuckles stages.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
To add to this:

You can unlock a Mean Bean Machine mini-game that you can play against the CPU or with a second player.

There's more but I haven't unlocked any past this.

Also according to Digital Foundry, Sonic Mania has PS4 Pro support and displays the game at native 4K. Can't wait to try that out when my Collector's Edition arrives.
I take it no additional Puyo Puyo characters (or at the very least, the series' main protagonist: Arle Nadja) are playable in the MBM Head-to-Head mode?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm not a fan of the Press Garden gimmick
we seem to be behind eachother. I just passed Press Garden
Sonic is one of the series you should just never open threads for on GAF.

Metroid is about as bad too.
what happens with the metroid thread?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm at the
Stardust
something on Sonic Mania. The boss of the last area was kinda dumb but not nearly as frustrating as the boss before that.

we seem to be behind eachother. I just passed Press Garden

what happens with the metroid thread?
Which zone did you have trouble with?

They say Prime was never good and that it's just shooting things like Halo despite Metroid Prime being an excellent translation from 2D to 3D.
And they're Other M apologists
I'm disgusted by this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
They say Prime was never good and that it's just shooting things like Halo despite Metroid Prime being an excellent translation from 2D to 3D.
Sounds like Other M was the only Metroid game they've played if they're comparing Prime to Halo...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Which zone did you have trouble with?

I'm disgusted by this.
I died so much on Flying Battery zone when I played as knuckles. Im all the way at
Metalic Madness
as Tails now
kinda like 3D sonic haters huh. That metroid fan and A sonic fan would make the most hateful baby thats never happy

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm at the something on Sonic Mania. The.
You know, for someone who complains a ton about other people not spoiler tagging things, you sure do like to not use spoiler tags...

I'm not bothered, but I saw other people put this level in spoiler tags, so I'm deferring to their judgment.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I died so much on Flying Battery zone when I played as knuckles. Im all the way at as Tails now

kinda like 3D sonic haters huh. That metroid fan and A sonic fan would make the most hateful baby
How many zones is that from the one I'm at?

Also yo I'm a 3D hater. lol

You know, for someone who complains a ton about other people not spoiler tagging things, you sure do like to not use spoiler tags...

I'm not bothered, but I saw other people put this level in spoiler tags, so I'm deferring to their judgment.
I didn't even remember posting that here. lol

I spoilered it.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Mania question. One of my least favourite zones is in it and I want to know if it's not stupid now
Oil Ocean. Never liked that zone
It's great now because of the fire shield. You'll see what I mean.

And the second act overhaul is pretty neat imo. :)

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Mania question. One of my least favourite zones is in it and I want to know if it's not stupid now
Are you me?

Hated that place in the original.

If it has water in it then it probably is straight *** again.
Honestly I wouldn't even count that as a water level in the original, if it added that then they'd have found one of the few ways to make it even worse.

*EDIT* I mean, I guess it wouldn't be as bad as the Advancing Walls of Doom did a number on a couple levels in Sonic 4 even with that, but still. . .woof.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hi. So Undertake PS4 is out. You might be wondering, "well gee why aren't you talking about it?"

WELL IT IS BECAUSE I CAN'T BUY IT YET AND THE PS4 ISN'T IN MY POSSESSION AS OF CURRENT TIDES AND THIS MAKES ME BLUE NOW SO DON'T RUSH ME DESPITE THE FACT YOU NEVER ASKED.

But I will get it, and when I do, I might, I dunno, maybe spam Undertale **** in happiness so yeah be on the lookout for that. Share some LOVE with you all.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The Act 2 boss gave me trouble (got a gamer over from it), but Oil Ocean wasn't too bad, probably my least favorite Zone in the game though

If you get the fire shield on the stage, everything will catch on fire, it's hilarious.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Are you me?

Hated that place in the original.

Honestly I wouldn't even count that as a water level in the original, if it added that then they'd have found one of the few ways to make it even worse.

*EDIT* I mean, I guess it wouldn't be as bad as the Advancing Walls of Doom did a number on a couple levels in Sonic 4 even with that, but still. . .woof.
Act 1 is ok. Act
2 there is this haze that happened s and if it gets to a certain point you start losing rings
Checked it out using B, Y, + on the title screen for lvl select
I've never played the level and don't even know what game it's in. I was just making baseless assumptions

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've never played the level and don't even know what game it's in. I was just making baseless assumptions
Honey that's a
Lategame Sonic 2 level. The thing that's Exactly What It Says On The Tin is so viscous it's more like a tar pit you can desperately jump out of at the bottom threshold of the level than a water level.
The main problem with that level is annoying enemies, annoying obstacles, and being an utter pain to navigate. Sonic's terrifying water physics are one of the few things it doesn't put you through.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I think it was in Sonic 2 or was it 1 pff I cant remeber

The haze is new though, that wasnt in the original

Honey that's a
Lategame Sonic 2 level. The thing that's Exactly What It Says On The Tin is so viscous it's more like a tar pit you can desperately jump out of at the bottom threshold of the level than a water level.
The main problem with that level is annoying enemies, annoying obstacles, and being an utter pain to navigate. Sonic's terrifying water physics are one of the few things it doesn't put you through.
Just play as Tail, his swimming and flying saved me in Chemical plant zone and made Flying Battery zone screw my ass less

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think it was in Sonic 2 or was it 1 pff I cant remeber

The haze is new though, that wasnt in the original

Just play as Tail, his swimming and flying saved me in Chemical plant zone and made Flying Battery zone screw my *** less
I've already moved to Tails at this point, LOL. Chemical Plant was completely flattening me in one spot and with Tails I just completely bypassed everything out of sheer desperation and accidentally found an extra life, LOL. I had some trouble with Flying Battery Zone at the end when I made it but I don't think being Tails could have saved me from that much anyway.

Nah, they despise Other M, and Prime is constantly praised and hits "best of all time" for all sorts of things all the time.

The main problem with GAF and metroid is they dont shut up. ever. Every topic has to come back to Metroid somehow and it's super annoying. Also FF is considered the worst game ever made even though it was mediocre at worst. Im sure plenty of people on GAF have been turned off from Metroid because GAF wouldnt stop shoving it in people's faces even when it wasn't relavent. . .

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Until Nintendo finally graces us with a new map or (hopefully) 2 on Splatoon 2 I'm not playing it anymore cause I'm already bored of the game.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Until Nintendo finally graces us with a new map or (hopefully) 2 on Splatoon 2 I'm not playing it anymore cause I'm already bored of the game.
It's GOTTA be soon at this point, they revealed the first two new maps to be out before the game even came out and there's two old ones sitting in the code with them. Brella was a prerelease reveal and that's out at this point, at least one of those stages is probably next.

My big question at this point is pretty much "When is boat?"

Chrono.

It's a little meh to me and in the running with Hydrocity for least favorite Zone in the game.

There's some fun fire shield shenanigans but other than that I can take it or leave. The fumes gimmick from act 2 is similar to the lights from Sandopolis, but I didn't find it too bad.

The boss fight is pretty annoying and I basically cheesed it with invincibility frames.

D

Deleted member

Quick question: Skullgirls or any Street Fighter? This isn't meant to start a discussion I just need a fighting game to play
Also FF is considered the worst game ever made even though it was mediocre at worst.
C'mon, the original FF isn't THAT bad.
Yeah, it's buggy as all hell and a lot of mechanics aged like milk but you gotta gove it props for what it did

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's GOTTA be soon at this point, they revealed the first two new maps to be out before the game even came out and there's two old ones sitting in the code with them. Brella was a prerelease reveal and that's out at this point, at least one of those stages is probably next.

My big question at this point is pretty much "When is boat?"

I really hope we get atleast 2 of the 4 maps soon. I want the boat level nao.

Also one of the 2 Salmon run maps also.

Quick question: Skullgirls or any Street Fighter? This isn't meant to start a discussion I just need a fighting game to play

Yeah, it's buggy as all hell and a lot of mechanics aged like milk but you gotta gove it props for what it did

Federation Force not Final Fantasy.

You know what I meant :p

Also im biased as heck, but Skullgirls. Love that game

Last edited:

Chrono.

Crackdown 3 got delayed till 2018.

So Xbox really doesn't have any huge exclusives this year (aside from Cuphead)?
Quick question: Skullgirls or any Street Fighter?
I feel you'd like Skullgirls more.

It's pretty easy to pick up especially compared to SF.

Also monster girls.

Crackdown 3 got delayed till 2018.

So Xbox really doesn't have any huge exclusives this year (aside from Cuphead)?

I feel you'd like Skullgirls more.

It's pretty easy to pick up especially compared to SF.

Also monster girls.
Im surprised it took them this long to officially delay it. Game was obviously never going to hit the mark after being MIA for years after announcement, and then showing up with some poor demos.

*sigh*
I ****ing loved crackdown 1 and 2, so it's sad to see 3 go through hell.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
*ahem* I'm, uh, I'm gonna uhhhhhhh ****in need an explanation for why this exists.
Seriously though there are some really funny SFM Nintendo animations on YouTube.

Like Day at the office with Captain Falcon.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I 100%'d Sonic Mania (spoilers for the Extras screen).

I will do a Sonic-only playthrough and log a time in each stage in Time Attack, but I've unlocked everything at this point.

IMG_20170816_224433.jpg

IMG_20170816_224438.jpg

Also a spoiler regarding Knuckles' adventure...

THE SUPER EMERALDS MIGHT BE CANON AGAIN?

I mean they have no power, but they're there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom