• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
FOUND YOU FAKER

And I don't care what anyone says, Amelia is a ****ing beast in SS, who doesn't love fast Generals?

After I gave Amelia and Ross an A support (they're an adorable couple btw) they pretty much stone walled every choke point in the game. They double adn dodge nearly everything in sight.

:150:

D

Deleted member

That's only if you assume that any unit that can't immediately ORKO every enemy you fight needs to be babied.

Take Franz as an example. I admit it's been a while since my last SS playthrough so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but as I recall when he first joins he's just below the threshold to double most enemies. (Not counting soldiers because everyone doubles those poor guys). However, that doesn't mean he requires babying when he joins. He's got enough bulk that he can take a hit or two before dying, and is likely going to be able to dodge quite a few hits. Basically, if you send him against a group of enemies, he's not likely going to immediately keel over. Amelia, on the other hand, dies to a stiff breeze when she joins and heeds to have kills specially set up for her so she can even get EXP.

If her growths pull through for her, which they might not.

People dismiss Est units because they're matched or outclassed by units which require significantly less effort to use. To use Nino as an example, I've been able to get her to promote by then end of Night of Farewells as well. That doesn't change the fact that Pent exists, so why should anyone bother when you could just use Pent? What can Nino do that Pent realistically can't? (Even discounting things that Pent can do that Nino can't, like double as an effective staff/warpbot)
Pent works wonders, but he lacks the sheer power Nino has and he has to rely on his bases.
aLSO SHE DOESN'T ****ING STEAL ALL OF MY EXP AND LOCKS ME OUT OF A GAIDEN CHAPTER FOR ****'S SAKE
I have people who were talking about how they were doing their absolute best to avoid Mania spoilers putting Mania spoilers on my Twitter feed

http://i.imgur.com/xXuZz22.jpg?1

EDIT Warchampppppppppppppppppppppppppp
"Ugh, I hate how I got spoiled about [input the spoiler here without any proper warnings or tagging]"
Amelia and Ross
AmeliaXFranz is the only right ship fite me

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I wanna call the image uploader "Krillin" because it keeps ****ing dying :dazwa:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now that Sonic Mania is a huge hit can we get a 16-bit nostalgia era like we did the 8-bit? Please?
Mega Man X9, Mega Man X9, Mega Man X9...and Vector Man 3.

I think the main issue with Cinema Sins isn't the group themselves but that negativity towards media has become so popular nowadays.
Partially. But keep in mind we're in a era where a lot of the content coming out is from franchises with tons of installments. Regardless of quality, fatigue sets in. It's better when it's used on occasion rather than yearly installments.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
THAT scene from LWA's episode 23, "Yesterday". I can't take screenshots on Netflix on my phone so I'll just write it down. Note: the card's name is in English and it's clearly "A believing heart".
Diana: "That's what makes you so special, Akko. That magic within yourself... that no one else can rival"

They wrote themselves into a corner lol
It's not bad, but the scene loses some of its meaning by having Diana not quote Chariot.

I had mentioned this before, I am not too fond with LWA dub...
Not that I don't enjoy dub though, I love Kill La Kill dub, it was hilarious.
I checked Made in Abyss' artist twitter page and found out the was the artist's autograph meeting in my country a few days ago... It made me felt pity a bit because I will definitely go if I knew it earlier.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Pent works wonders, but he lacks the sheer power Nino has and he has to rely on his bases.
But his bases are good, so why is that a problem?
aLSO SHE DOESN'T ****ING STEAL ALL OF MY EXP AND LOCKS ME OUT OF A GAIDEN CHAPTER FOR ****'S SAKE
So Pent sucks because he's too good? This is too meta for me.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I have people who were talking about how they were doing their absolute best to avoid Mania spoilers putting Mania spoilers on my Twitter feed

http://i.imgur.com/xXuZz22.jpg?1

EDIT Warchampppppppppppppppppppppppppp
This is why I'm glad I don't make promises, LOL.

Although I myself ain't posted nuthin' but the start of the game with a character yet, hopefully that wasn't too much. Come to think of it, this reminds me I should probably wait a few days before posting anything deeper if I even remember to take screencaps. This game keeps getting progressively weirder. . .

Hopefully that's not a spoiler.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Been playing Mania, and man, it has a lot of throwbacks. The boss of Mirage Saloon caught me off guard.

It'd be really cool if they used the Sonic 1 Final Boss as a miniboss, or referenced one of those obscure Sonic arcade games, like they did with the popcorn machine in Studiopolis Zone.

Still though, I've been stuck on
OIL OCEAN
for AGES.

I've gotten 4 Game-Overs on this boss, and I keep having to play through the stages over, and over, and over!
This level was fun the first time, but now I'm just so tired of it.

Chrono.

Been playing Mania, and man, it has a lot of throwbacks. The boss of Mirage Saloon caught me off guard.

It'd be really cool if they used the Sonic 1 Final Boss as a miniboss, or referenced one of those obscure Sonic arcade games, like they did with the popcorn machine in Studiopolis Zone.

Still though, I've been stuck on
OIL OCEAN
for AGES.

I've gotten 4 Game-Overs on this boss, and I keep having to play through the stages over, and over, and over!
This level was fun the first time, but now I'm just so tired of it.
Oil Ocean is one of the harder ones imo, it gets a bit easier after it.

I was never a fan of Oil Ocean, it's probably my least favorite zone in the game.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Been diggin the Brella lately...

Basically a shotgun with a shield...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Completed my first playthrough of Sonic Mania.

I'll give my full thoughts once I get all seven emeralds (got 3 on my first run), but yeah, this game is great. Like, REALLY great.

Like easily one of the best Sonic games ever made.

So far it's my game of the year.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Some Sonic Mania true ending ramblings.

You know that weird sound that plays whenever the Time Stone warps Sonic and friends?

It's literally the exact same sound Infinite's cube swarm attack makes in his reveal trailer. Yet another link between the two games.

I think the reason Eggman took over in Sonic Forces will have something to do with Mania's ending. Like because Classic Sonic got whisked away into that portal at the end that will result in him showing up in Forces, Eggman effectively got rid of Sonic in that timeline or something. Maybe Eggman's goal in Mania all along was to get rid of Sonic in that timeline/dimension. That would explain why he brings out stuff like the Death Egg Robot so early. And while Eggman failed to do it himself, Sonic ended up getting sucked into that portal so he's been taken out of the picture in his own timeline/dimension.

The only thing that makes this confusing is that everything we see of Forces refers to Classic Sonic as being from another dimension, but we were explicitly dealing with time in Mania. Eggman was using a Time Stone, which is ultimately what creates the portal Sonic was sucked into. Unless it had some sort of out of control reaction with the Chaos Emeralds, which would be what created the portal that sends him across dimensions.

Also, Infinite is definitely linked to the Time Stone in Mania. Maybe he's like Chaos and he's like a spirit that lives inside of it or something similar. That could also explain how he's faster than Sonic - he's not actually faster, but has potent time manipulation powers and simply slows down time to out maneuver Sonic.

Can't believe they were able to hide so much in such a short ending. Forgive me if this is incoherent, it's past 4AM and I'm thingken of fast. :V

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I wanna call the image uploader "Krillin" because it keeps ****ing dying :dazwa:
That made me think of another comparison between the image uploader and an anime character: the image uploader could also be called "Natsuki Subaru."

Like Subaru, the image uploader suffers a lot and dies fairly often. Then, Warchamp acts as the image uploader's "Return to Death," bringing the image uploader back to a checkpoint where it was previously up and active, but it would only be a matter of time before the image uploader died again.

For those that don't get it, it's a Re:Zero reference.

Chrono.

It's easy to forget Yugioh DM is an adaptation rather than it's own original thing like the spinoffs.

I am immediately reminded of this when a filler arc started out of nowhere IN THE MIDDLE OF A TOURNAMENT. It brought back bad Bleach memories.

Last edited:
Im sure only 1% of you know what TF2's Steel is, but it's a map with 5 control points. Each point makes the last easier, but you can go straight to the last one of you want to

Me, Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei @God Robert's Cousin and a random player just bum-rushed it with scouts. Even though capping the point takes foreverrrrrrr we ****ing won game that usually lasts like 20 minutes in about 1. Enemy team tried the same thing on their turn and didn't get a single point.

bodied.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It's easy to forget Yugioh DM is an adaptation rather than it's own original thing like the spinoffs.

I am immediately reminded of this when a filler arc started out of nowhere IN THE MIDDLE OF A TOURNAMENT. It brought back bad Bleach memories.
Lemme guess, Noah's Arc?

Also, do you plan to watch Season 0?

Chrono.

Lemme guess, Noah's Arc?

Also, do you plan to watch Season 0?
I did watch season 0 ages ago, so unless Crunchy adds it, prolly not.

And yeah lol it's that arc. I'm taking a break from it for now so until CR adds more episodes I'll be watching other stuff.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Soooooo.....is no one going to bring this up at all? Nintendo's teasing the next fighter for Arms with some footage...

It definitely looks like a clown....wielding frikking nun-chukus....

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Soooooo.....is no one going to bring this up at all? Nintendo's teasing the next fighter for Arms with some footage...

It definitely looks like a clown....wielding frikking nun-chukus....
I cannot tell if its a girl or a boy...

I think its a girl?

Chrono.

I was so close to getting the 6th Chaos Emerald.

So close.

Then I fell off a cliff.

The level of salt I have right now is palpable.

I'm at the act 1 of the final zone and this salt is just making me determined to get the good ending on this playthrough no matter what.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
so I'm being told that the new sonic game is good

the world is ending and sonic is good

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
The Sonic Mania soundtrack is incredible.

I haven't even played the game yet, but Mania is pretty much the best of the classic games.

It's biggest fault imo is that not every stage seamlessly transitions to the next, really hinders the experience. Considering other stages do, I'm going to imagine a lot were cut. There's no way they legit planned for some stages not to transition to others. If true, I hope they're added in later.

I also think more original stages would've really rocketed the game. It's a real shame only four a wholly new, because my god are they some of the most amazing stages.

The game gives me some real "After the Sequel" vibes; a fan game that pushed well beyond others.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923

Finally a new banner for Sacred Stones!

The characters joining the roster are Amelia, Seth, Innes, and Tana. The latter two have Frelia's Sacred Twins Nighogg and Vidofnir while Amelia gets a pretty unique skill that boosts Armor movement.
Did they already do this for Blazing Sword?

Chrono.

The Sonic Mania soundtrack is incredible.

I haven't even played the game yet, but Mania is pretty much the best of the classic games.

It's biggest fault imo is that not every stage seamlessly transitions to the next, really hinders the experience. Considering other stages do, I'm going to imagine a lot were cut. There's no way they legit planned for some stages not to transition to others. If true, I hope they're added in later.

I also think more original stages would've really rocketed the game. It's a real shame only four a wholly new, because my god are they some of the most amazing stages.

The game gives me some real "After the Sequel" vibes; a fan game that pushed well beyond others.
I didn't mind the stage transitions too much, though admittedly it bothered me a little more once I actually noticed.

Other than that, my biggest disappointment with a Zone right now is Hydrocity. Compared to the other classic areas, it doesn't really feel all that remixed, even act 2 which is when they usually go crazy, it ended up being pretty bland.

Lava Reef was my surprise, I didn't care about it at all in Sonic 3. But I loved it here. Act 2 especially.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I didn't mind the stage transitions too much, though admittedly it bothered me a little more once I actually noticed.

Other than that, my biggest disappointment with a Zone right now is Hydrocity. Compared to the other classic areas, it doesn't really feel all that remixed, even act 2 which is when they usually go crazy, it ended up being pretty bland.

Lava Reef was my surprise, I didn't care about it at all in Sonic 3. But I loved it here. Act 2 especially.
Watched a stream of Hydrocity Zone. Act 2 looked exactly the same as the original. But Act 1 looked different enough. The bubble sections from Triple Trouble return, and some weird boat rides are around too. Still, seems to be one of the weaker Zones.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so two thigns
1 the gem in sonci mania is called "the pantom stone" by the instruction manual, why people even think its a time stone despite not looking like one or being found on little planet is beyond me

2 female clown in arms almost confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom