• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Moydow Moydow
Has the artwork of the new FE8 characters from Heroes been ripped yet?

@GoldenYuiitusin
I can still see the images if I quote the post so it's not that big of a problem

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Moydow Moydow
Has the artwork of the new FE8 characters from Heroes been ripped yet?

@GoldenYuiitusin
I can still see the images if I quote the post so it's not that big of a problem

Ah, good.

And just a little more...sorry. :V

It would at least make sense if Salazzle was used for the Booster Pack covers....but she's not. Just Ho-Oh, Necrozma, Marshadow, and Tapu Fini.

D

Deleted member

Ah, good.

And just a little more...sorry. :V

It would at least make sense if Salazzle was used for the Booster Pack covers....but she's not. Just Ho-Oh, Necrozma, Marshadow, and Tapu Fini.
You say that as if what you posted was a lot.
Even if it was, I always read rhose long ass Tumblr post that just go on and on and in the end are just set up for some stupid joke. I EAT walls of text for breakfast and yours didn't even serve as an appetizer

D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Totally undisputable proof that Dark Samus will be back as Prime 4's main antagonist.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah, something regarding the true Final Boss of Sonic Mania I noticed:

The music for the stage has melodic references to Fist Bump, the theme of Sonic Forces.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
This is more salt than the entirety of the Smash fanbase

The issue is that CinemaSins actively hurts film discussions because people regurgitate many of the "sins" that they make.
Plus Vogt's actually pulled multiple examples of CS being flat out wrong on Kong.

I don't see the issue with calling out lazy "criticism" that is also flat out wrong and misinformed.
It really doesn't matter if the CS guys themselves have said it's a joke because that's really not the case. A lot of their "nitpicks" actually slip into their actual reviews.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The issue is that CinemaSins actively hurts film discussions because people regurgitate many of the "sins" that they make.
Plus Vogt's actually pulled multiple examples of CS being flat out wrong on Kong.

I don't see the issue with calling out lazy "criticism" that is also flat out wrong and misinformed.
It really doesn't matter if the CS guys themselves have said it's a joke because that's really not the case. A lot of their "nitpicks" actually slip into their actual reviews.

I didn't realize it was you at first until the emote at the end. Damn name changes. :p

D

Deleted member

@Shishœ "Waaaaah they pronounced Croix differently"
Breh. That's nothing. Lotte being pronounced Lowtay is WRONG.
And Ephraim is pronounced F-Raim.
At least it's close to the actual pronunciation. Croy is just... ugh

AND IT'S EH-FRAH-EEM FITE ME

I think people are taking CinemaSins way too seriously nowadays, it was mever supposed to be an actual critic, it's just supposed to be fun by ripping anything they can from the movie. Like, I won't deny some things they say are flat out wrong(like how they didn't recognise an actor just now) but to act like they're actively hurting movie discussions is silly.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Eh. I watch Cinemasins because it's fun and satarical. If they do get something wrong, that's their fault. nd they shouldn't be taken seriously to say whether something's good or bad. I feel like they'll be like AVGN in which the videos aren't supposed to be taken seriously

Ivander

Smash Legend
User was warned for spam
I think people are taking CinemaSins everything way too seriously nowadays

Fixed that for truth, justice and exposing the infidels of epic proportions. And because apparently, changing a quote that involved adding more words than just the one posted below the quote is unacceptable.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
SHISH HE'S CALLED EH-FRAME DAMMIT

Also, I CAN see Cinemasins hurting film discussion. People already go "Egoraptor says this game was bad so it's bad" or "Matpat said Pheonix Wright's a creep who touches dead bodies so it must be true!" so it's not out of the question. The internet IS stupid enough to take them seriously and use them as arguments

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Actually, what are the extra features in Sonic Mania? I don't mind getting spoiled on Sonic games
Unlock the Super Peel Out from Sonic CD, and the Insta-Shield from 3&K

There's & Knuckles mode, were you can have Knuckles follow Sonic, Tails, and yes, even another Knuckles

And lastly, there's debug mode.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

SHISH HE'S CALLED EH-FRAME DAMMIT

Also, I CAN see Cinemasins hurting film discussion. People already go "Egoraptor says this game was bad so it's bad" or "Matpat said Pheonix Wright's a creep who touches dead bodies so it must be true!" so it's not out of the question. The internet IS stupid enough to take them seriously and use them as arguments
**** YOU, THIS IS WHY I TOOK THE DOG

To be fair, MatPat did raise one good point in that video and that is that Wright almost always takes evidence illegally. It's never brought up(well, at least in the one game I played) except in the fifth case where Wright can't prove that he didn't just make it up as there were no legal witnesses of him obtaining it in the place he claims to have done so.
Like, he actively steals stuff from other people and messes with crime scenes, it's a mystery how he isn't in jail yet.
Thank you very much

Chrono.

The later Blue Sphere stages are annoying af.

Good thing it records your progress across all playthroughs.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
**** YOU, THIS IS WHY I TOOK THE DOG

To be fair, MatPat did raise one good point in that video and that is that Wright almost always takes evidence illegally. It's never brought up(well, at least in the one game I played) except in the fifth case where Wright can't prove that he didn't just make it up as there were no legal witnesses of him obtaining it in the place he claims to have done so.
Like, he actively steals stuff from other people and messes with crime scenes, it's a mystery how he isn't in jail yet.

Thank you very much

It's legal in the AA universe. Otherwise Pheonix would have been disbarred for using a wiretap as evidence in the first game

D

Deleted member

Valter is looking like a vampire in that art, I'm starting to convince myself that he's actually Uncle Vlad in disguise with his hair dyed
It's legal in the AA universe. Otherwise Pheonix would have been disbarred for using a wiretap as evidence in the first game
But we have nothing that tells us that.
Hell, the example I gave from the 5th case actually contradicts that, so there is some semblance that it is similar to existing court systems.
Unless Japan's is radically differemt from what I know, but even then, it's still glaring to me how all of the evidemce is accepted

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I think people are taking CinemaSins way too seriously nowadays, it was never supposed to be an actual critic, it's just supposed to be fun by ripping anything they can from the movie.
It's not fun at all, it's cynical. You can criticise a film and have fun if you actually watch it properly instead of trying to pick out hundreds of nitpicks that generally involve forgetting what happens in the film or the franchise.

And I can be a pretty cynical asshole. I know it when I see it.

but to act like they're actively hurting movie discussions is silly.
They actually do though.
Plenty of people will regurgitate the same misinformed "sins" that CS mention rather than engage in an actual discussion.
CS aren't the only Youtuber at fault for harming actual discussion either. There's loads of Youtubers that harm discussions on various topics.

"CS said it's a sin therefore it's bad"
"Egoraptor said Sonic sucks so it sucks"
"Ghast said Peri is bad so she's bad"

Those aren't people's own proper opinions.
Yes this is more so an issue with people being too lazy to make their own opinions but it's not helped by lazy content creators who make terrible points and criticisms.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Unlock the Super Peel Out from Sonic CD, and the Insta-Shield from 3&K

There's & Knuckles mode, were you can have Knuckles follow Sonic, Tails, and yes, even another Knuckles

And lastly, there's debug mode.
To add to this:

You can unlock a Mean Bean Machine mini-game that you can play against the CPU or with a second player.

There's more but I haven't unlocked any past this.

Also according to Digital Foundry, Sonic Mania has PS4 Pro support and displays the game at native 4K. Can't wait to try that out when my Collector's Edition arrives.

D

Deleted member

TIL dabbing is banned in Saudi Arabia.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40886288

A singer got arrested for dabbing.
About ****ing time
It's not fun at all, it's cynical. You can criticise a film and have fun if you actually watch it properly instead of trying to pick out hundreds of nitpicks that generally involve forgetting what happens in the film or the franchise.

And I can be a pretty cynical *******. I know it when I see it.

They actually do though.
Plenty of people will regurgitate the same misinformed "sins" that CS mention rather than engage in an actual discussion.
CS aren't the only Youtuber at fault for harming actual discussion either. There's loads of Youtubers that harm discussions on various topics.

"CS said it's a sin therefore it's bad"
"Egoraptor said Sonic sucks so it sucks"
"Ghast said Peri is bad so she's bad"

Those aren't people's own proper opinions.
Yes this is more so an issue with people being too lazy to make their own opinions but it's not helped by lazy content creators who make terrible points and criticisms.

It's not cynicism for the sake of being cynical, it's for the sake of humor. They don't do these videos because they're assholes, they do it because people find it fun to completely rip apart and **** on movies, even if it's not 100% true.

And it's not their fault stupid fanbases exist. This reminds me of how people constantly blame MatPat for people acting like his theories are more than that when he says otherwise in every ****ing video. They aren't someone like Digibro who acts like his opinion is the absolute law.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And it's not their fault stupid fanbases exist. This reminds me of how people constantly blame MatPat for people acting like his theories are more than that when he says otherwise in every ****ing video. They aren't someone like Digibro who acts like his opinion is the absolute law.

Except MatPat believes many of his theories to be fact. "THAT'S JUST A THEORY, A GAME THEORY!" is just a meaningless, catchy slogan that he doesn't actually adhere to. He pretty much never responds to debunks and even after his theories are debunked, he will use them as references for his future theories.

He even called out the creator of FNAF once and tried to tell him he was wrong about his own lore. And when he got a response correcting him, he deleted it from the comment section.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
they do it because people find it fun to completely rip apart and **** on movies, even if it's not 100% true.

And therein is the problem.

I'd also argue that the videos being an average of about 15 minutes long now as opposed to sub 5 minutes shows that there's an issue.

They might have started it out for having fun but 15 minutes of silly nitpicks, ignorance and falsities isn't fun. It's the opposite.

You missed this part:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Except MatPat believes many of his theories to be fact. "THAT'S JUST A THEORY, A GAME THEORY!" is just a meaningless, catchy slogan that he doesn't actually adhere to. He pretty much never responds to debunks and even after his theories are debunked, he will use them as references for his future theories.

He even called out the creator of FNAF once and tried to tell him he was wrong about his own lore. And when he got a response correcting him, he deleted it from the comment section.
Yeah, it's part of the reason why I'm not a fan of MatPat's channel anymore.

I'm more of a Lockstin fan myself. His theories on games are more logical and his calmer personality fits my viewing preferences better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom