• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Literally the first result on Google says "Croy (in the United States)." It's a valid pronunciation. The city of Dubois is pronounced " da boys" and not "da bwah" like it technically "should" be. Chinchilla is pronounced closer to vanilla than quesadilla.

Pronunciations vary by country.
Anyone who pronounces Dubois as da boys is an idiot moron.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
All the characters are from didferent nationalities and their nanes are supposed to be read correctly.
Jasminka still has her name pronounced correctly so why doesn't Croix have it too?

How about YOU chill?
As someone who hates having his name mispronounced/misspelled, no, this is something that bothers me on a personal level.

But whatever, I'm not doing this again, at least not until you've all watched LWA and have the proper context.

lol, but I also have my name misspelled as Allison since that is the most common spelling and my name is said all sorts of ways. And Im as cold as ice right now, you are the one boiling when we are tryi g to explain things

Chrono.

Stardust Speedway was godlike.

The first act was a mix of present Stardust Speedway and Marble Garden from Sonic 3, while the second act was mostly based of the good future version of it, but the real meat was the boss fight against Metal Sonic. A 3 phase boss battle that even includes a cameo from one of the Game Gear Sonic games and the final phase being basically the Generations Metal Sonic battle but much better.

Press Garden act 2 probably has my favorite visuals so far though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know what I didn't miss? Blue spheres levels. I really need to tell myself to stop subjecting myself to them and just play the darn game.

. . .Crud crud crud crud crud CRUD CRUD CRUD. The sound just started cutting out of Green Hill Zone after I restarted one too many times. Gosh classic game glitches are creepy. Reboot, reboot, reeebooooot.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hey guys I need help naming another superhero.

She has sand kinesis. Basically the ability to control sand and also to make glass.

Chrono.

The director for Skull Island ripping into CinemaSins is probably one of my favorite things this year.

D

Deleted member

"We're out of event pokemon, what to do?"
"I dunno, just release salazzle or smth"
"RICK YOU GODDAMN GENIUS"
Midnight Lycanroc was also distributed for no apparent reason and now it has another form.
Hm... *X-Files theme plahs in the background*

Hey guys I need help naming another superhero.

She has sand kinesis. Basically the ability to control sand and also to make glass.
Hourglass?
Quicksilverand?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The director for Skull Island ripping into CinemaSins is probably one of my favorite things this year.
who takes CinemaSins that seriously?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Midnight Lycanroc was also distributed for no apparent reason and now it has another form.

Hourglass?
Quicksilverand?

Hourglass is perfect!

Now the protagonist and deuteragonist are named by people here.

D

Deleted member

I just found out Justin legit got himself drunk to record his lines for Rick, and also improvised them, in the fourth episode of season 3.
This is the kind of creative acting we need.
This is more salt than the entirety of the Smash fanbase

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got to the final boss of Sonic Mania with only six Chaos Emeralds and Game Over'd, and on my retry of the final zone, I found another Special Stage and nabbed the seventh Chaos Emerald. So I ended up with the true ending on my first run.

Dunno if I will do more full impressions but regarding the true ending...

SONIC MANIA ACTUALLY TIES INTO SONIC FORCES, THEY ACTUALLY DID IT

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Everyone else is busy beating the game while I'm not sure what I want to tackle first and have two different Green Hill Zone saves with two Chaos Emeralds each.

But what if I need a baaaackuuuuppp

D

Deleted member

These distributions are tied to TCG set releases outside Japan.
For Lycanroc Midnight, it was Guardians Rising.
For Salazzle, it's Burning Shadows.

It's more apparent with the former because Lycanroc Midnight is one of the two "mascots" for the set along with Tapu Koko.
Salazzle's case is more....egregious. I'll explain more if you even care. :V

D

Deleted member

These distributions are tied to TCG set releases outside Japan.
For Lycanroc Midnight, it was Guardians Rising.
For Salazzle, it's Burning Shadows.

It's more apparent with the former because Lycanroc Midnight is one of the two "mascots" for the set along with Tapu Koko.
Salazzle's case is more....egregious. I'll explain more if you even care. :V
Shhh, shut up, it's clearly a foreshadowing conspiracy that is trying to tell us that Salazzle will get a male form only avaible through a special event Salandit and it also has a chance of being female

Though I am curious on what makes her case different

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Since I don't have Sonic Mania yet. I decided to play Sonic 1, 2 and CD on the PS3 and maybe 3 & Knuckles if I can find a good emulator and if I am not too lazy. I want to have an actual opinion on those games and see if they are good and fun to me even with the problems they have.

Until then, wish me luck!:sonic:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My whole body aches.

Do not work out.

Working out is a trap.

A TRAP.

Also hi, guys! I disappeared and came back to make one post and probably will disappear again!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh I know. I never die from the robot. I die from reaching the end of the map.
I didn't realize it ended (I kind of had a concern, though), but then aside from flipping out at suddenly having a final boss chasing me down during the first stage of a game I remembered roughly how it worked from Sonic 2 and. . .just started jumping at it semi-randomly because I had no idea how to handle it chasing me and I had rings.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shhh, shut up, it's clearly a foreshadowing conspiracy that is trying to tell us that Salazzle will get a male form only avaible through a special event Salandit and it also has a chance of being female

Though I am curious on what makes her case different

-WALL OF TEXT INCOMING-

First major thing is that Salazzle is not one of the "mascots" for Burning Shadows.
They would be Ho-Oh and Necrozma.

Second is that Salazzle isn't even associated with the Japanese equivalent to the Burning Shadows set, which is SM3's 'Did you See The Fighting Rainbow' & 'Darkness that Consumes Light' sets.

Rather, Salazzle-GX is part of the expansion set 'Beyond a New Challenge' that's tied to the previous SM2.

With SM2's ‘Awaiting Islands’ & ‘Alola Moonlight’ sets being the equivalent to Guardians Rising.

Overall, the transition from Japanese sets to international is a bit weird.

Each set in the international TCG for Sun/Moon (Sun & Moon, Guardians Rising, Burning Shadows, etc.) contains cards from the SM TCG set in Japan plus the expansion set from the previous SM set, with the first Sun & Moon set being the exception to my knowledge.

Though why Salazzle specifically? Your guess is as good as mine, but I can at least make guesses for why the following WEREN'T picked:

-The cover mascots (Ho-Oh and Necrozma):
Both Ho-Oh and Necrozma were likely decided against because they're tournament illegal Legendaries (and too old in Ho-Oh's case). Notably, both Salazzle and Lycanroc Midnight are promoted as being "battle ready", meaning they have been "optimized" (by their standards) for competitive play.

-The secondary Pokémon on the covers (Charizard and Marshadow):
It's likely because Charizard is too old to promote a new TCG set for Sun/Moon and because Marshadow's a tournament illegal Mythical....

-Other Pokémon with GX cards in the same expansion as Salazzle:
Machamp: Same as Charizard.
Darkrai: Same as Marshadow.
Tapu Bulu and Tapu Fini: While tournament legal, it would seem the Tapus are too "special" to distribute for the TCG outside of special circumstances such as the Shiny Tapu Koko (which had its OWN TCG promotion).
Lycanroc Midday: The only possible reason I can think of is for the sake of variety since Midnight was used for the last set's distribution.

-Other Pokémon with GX cards in SM3:
Gardevoir and Noivern: See Charizard and Machamp.
Alolan Muk and Golisopod: ....no idea. They could have worked just as easily as Salazzle.

I apologize for you having to read all that. :p

EDIT: Well ****, the image uploader is borked again. That makes part of my explanation a little less easier to understand....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom