• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's not fun at all, it's cynical. You can criticise a film and have fun if you actually watch it properly instead of trying to pick out hundreds of nitpicks that generally involve forgetting what happens in the film or the franchise.

And I can be a pretty cynical *******. I know it when I see it.

They actually do though.
Plenty of people will regurgitate the same misinformed "sins" that CS mention rather than engage in an actual discussion.
CS aren't the only Youtuber at fault for harming actual discussion either. There's loads of Youtubers that harm discussions on various topics.

"CS said it's a sin therefore it's bad"
"Egoraptor said Sonic sucks so it sucks"
"Ghast said Peri is bad so she's bad"

Those aren't people's own proper opinions.
Yes this is more so an issue with people being too lazy to make their own opinions but it's not helped by lazy content creators who make terrible points and criticisms.

I mean I have my fair share of love toward certain controversial Fire Emblem characters and all, but to be fair, Peri is pretty terrible IMO.

D

Deleted member

And therein is the problem.

I'd also argue that the videos being an average of about 15 minutes long now as opposed to sub 5 minutes shows that there's an issue.

They might have started it out for having fun but 15 minutes of silly nitpicks, ignorance and falsities isn't fun. It's the opposite.
YMMV
I prefer the longer videos, 5 minutes always felt too short and like they didn't cover anything. The longer duration allows them to be even more nitpcky, which is kind of what is their point.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You know, I think I might be able to play the co-op missions in Mario + Rabbids by myself.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I mean I have my fair share of love toward certain controversial Fire Emblem characters and all, but to be fair, Peri is pretty terrible IMO.
Then you're not the sort of person I'm talking about. I'm talking about people who have an opinion because *insert Youtuber here* has that opinion.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Arena team is a go.
Amelia is 2stronk. If only she were this good in Sacred Stones. :p

I've given her Bonfire but she's still missing a B/Assist skill. Not sure what to do for those, if anything.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The director for Skull Island ripping into CinemaSins is probably one of my favorite things this year.
Honestly, they deserved it. Honest Trailers kinda does too but they're at least somewhat fair.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly, they deserved it. Honest Trailers kinda does too but they're at least somewhat fair.
I think Honest Trailers at least makes it more obvious that they're just joking around a lot of the times, which helps balance things a bit.

D

Deleted member

Arena team is a go.

Amelia is 2stronk. If only she were this good in Sacred Stones. :p

I've given her Bonfire but she's still missing a B/Assist skill. Not sure what to do for those, if anything.
FOUND YOU FAKER

And I don't care what anyone says, Amelia is a ****ing beast in SS, who doesn't love fast Generals?

Chrono.

Anyone got any tips for the 5th Special Stage?

I'm on my 4th try right now and I haven't had any luck, no matter what I do the UFO just goes out of sight. Got a feeling I'm a bit too late for the good ending too (I'm on Lava Reef act 1).
#TeamBlueSpheresRock or #TeamBlueSpheresSuck ?

I'm on #TeamBlueSpheresSuck, grab your Splatfest tee today!
Blue Spheres suck for sure.

As a bonus stage, I think Sonic 1's special stages would've worked better.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
When I did my initial playthrough as Sonic (& Tails), I struggled a lot with the later Special Stages and didn't get the last Emerald until the final zone.

Doing my Tails playthrough, and I get every Emerald first try by Studiopolis Act 1. How 'bout that.

ALSO SUPER TAILS IS BACK, **** YEAH

Unfortunately he forgot his Flicky Army of Death, but he's still OP as hell. He flies so fast.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
When I did my initial playthrough as Sonic (& Tails), I struggled a lot with the later Special Stages and didn't get the last Emerald until the final zone.

Doing my Tails playthrough, and I get every Emerald first try by Studiopolis Act 1. How 'bout that.

ALSO SUPER TAILS IS BACK, **** YEAH

Unfortunately he forgot his Flicky Army of Death, but he's still OP as hell. He flies so fast.
I. . .

I no longer have significant reason to do the kind of playthrough I've been doing so far.

So much time has been wasted. . .denying what my heart knew was right. No more.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think Fire Emblem Heroes Gacha decided I got too many Event Waifus due to 2 Spring Camillas, 3 Bride Lyns and 3 Bride Cordelias that rather than give me Summer Robin and Summer Corrin, they gave me Summer Gaius and Summer Xander instead. Which I personally don't mind since the idea of shooting people with ice cream and knocking the living daylights out of an enemy with a Lilith Plushie are good in my mind. But give me my Blue Tome Dragon Flier already.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
And I don't care what anyone says, Amelia is a ****ing beast in SS, who doesn't love fast Generals?
people who like units with more than 5 mov

edit: And people who prefer when generals remember they're supposed to have Strength and Defense.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

people who like units with more than 5 mov

edit: And people who prefer when generals remember they're supposed to have Strength and Defense.
I gave her some boots so...

And maybe it was just me but she never lacked in those departments

And this just proves you're the faker here

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I gave her some boots so...

And maybe it was just me but she never lacked in those departments

And this just proves you're the faker here

pls

I put Amelia on my arena team even though the two I pulled were -Atk and -Spd

And I used her on both of my first two SS playthroughs. And I even managed to get her to S in axes on one of them, for some reason.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Oh Robert. That's because she's one if the best units in the game!
In Heroes, maybe. We'll have to see how she fares in the Meta.

Sacred Stones...not so much. Wendy 2.0 is a pain to train and never ends up more useful than units who don't take nearly as much babying to make useful.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Sacred Stones...not so much. Wendy 2.0 is a pain to train and never ends up more useful than units who don't take nearly as much babying to make useful.
I dunno why you have that much beef with Amelia in SS, but everytime I train her up against the forces of Vigarde, she's almost unstoppable.

The Recruit class may suck at first, but it's worth the pain in the end.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Now that Sonic Mania is a huge hit can we get a 16-bit nostalgia era like we did the 8-bit? Please?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Wow, I'm at the final zone and I've yet to find a single special stage.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm now getting the hang of Mania. This game has easily some of the most visually impressive spritework I've seen in a game for a long time.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I dunno why you have that much beef with Amelia in SS, but everytime I train her up against the forces of Vigarde, she's almost unstoppable.

The Recruit class may suck at first, but it's worth the pain in the end.
Personal experience counts for nothing. I have a friend who got Ward to max nearly all of his stats ina Binding Blade playthrough, but that doesn't mean Ward is a great unit.

Even if you bother to train her up she still ends up not significantly better than units you could be using in he place like Seth, Franz, or arguably even Duessel. Even if you make her a General to pretend she's not in competition with any of the aforementioned units, She only beats out Gilliam in Speed. Sacred Stones is a relatively easy game, it's not hard to make pretty much anyone useful.

I don't care that anyone likes using Amelia in Sacred Stones, I care that they hype her up as this ridiculously overpowered beast when she's no such thing.

D

Deleted member

Tumblr is going crazy because it's 8/15 and I'm so ****ing confused. Does anyone know if this date means anything, really?

Also, lol, Trump is backtracking his statement and is now saying that "both sides are at fault".
He keeps digging and digging that hole even deeper

If you're going to use the "doesn't require any babying to make useful" argument then no one but Seth or Duessel should be used in SS.
Amelia gets one level per kill, she's getting to Knight/Cavalier by the end of the chapter you recruit her(I did this in Ephraim's route, so yes, it is possible). 10 levels more than the majority of the cast also means she has more time tp get good level ups.

I don't get why most FE players dismiss Est-archetypes so easily, everyone talks about how long it takes to make Nino useful in FE7 but I can easily get her to Lv20/1 by Cog of Destiny without breaking a sweat(and after that, she can pretty much solo the rest of the game if she gets enough HP for the Fire Dragon)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Also, lol, Trump is backtracking his statement and is now saying that "both sides are at fault".

That's pretty much the first thing he said though.
Yesterday was a statement that had to be prepared for him by someone else because of his initial comments.
He's now pretty much confirmed that.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think the main issue with Cinema Sins isn't the group themselves but that negativity towards media has become so popular nowadays.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Puyo Puyo game in Mania (the SECOND time on the Switch) is making me want a :4drmario: game on the Switch even more badly.

What's taking so damn long, Nintendo???

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I love how Iizuka-san and Hoshino-san can just pop onto these streams like it's no biggy.

Screenshot_20170816-014118.png

And yes, Hoshino-san is forever fabulous.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
If you're going to use the "doesn't require any babying to make useful" argument then no one but Seth or Duessel should be used in SS.
That's only if you assume that any unit that can't immediately ORKO every enemy you fight needs to be babied.

Take Franz as an example. I admit it's been a while since my last SS playthrough so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but as I recall when he first joins he's just below the threshold to double most enemies. (Not counting soldiers because everyone doubles those poor guys). However, that doesn't mean he requires babying when he joins. He's got enough bulk that he can take a hit or two before dying, and is likely going to be able to dodge quite a few hits. Basically, if you send him against a group of enemies, he's not likely going to immediately keel over. Amelia, on the other hand, dies to a stiff breeze when she joins and heeds to have kills specially set up for her so she can even get EXP.
Amelia gets one level per kill, she's getting to Knight/Cavalier by the end of the chapter you recruit her(I did this in Ephraim's route, so yes, it is possible). 10 levels more than the majority of the cast also means she has more time tp get good level ups.
If her growths pull through for her, which they might not.
I don't get why most FE players dismiss Est-archetypes so easily, everyone talks about how long it takes to make Nino useful in FE7 but I can easily get her to Lv20/1 by Cog of Destiny without breaking a sweat(and after that, she can pretty much solo the rest of the game if she gets enough HP for the Fire Dragon)
People dismiss Est units because they're matched or outclassed by units which require significantly less effort to use. To use Nino as an example, I've been able to get her to promote by then end of Night of Farewells as well. That doesn't change the fact that Pent exists, so why should anyone bother when you could just use Pent? What can Nino do that Pent realistically can't? (Even discounting things that Pent can do that Nino can't, like double as an effective staff/warpbot)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom