• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

so two thigns
1 the gem in sonci mania is called "the pantom stone" by the instruction manual, why people even think its a time stone despite not looking like one or being found on little planet is beyond me
The manual isn't exactly the most intuitive thing to find.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So I got a new job but I'm having a hard time being excited for it, because I feel like I was lied to or mislead in the interview process or never let in on what was actually happening.

And now I'm not sure if I should say anything.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Some of my personal updates here... Which is a bit of a big deal for me. Yesterday night I played Overwatch and I play one game to finish my day, but the game's frame rate was so bad that I went rage and knock on the right corner of my laptop and shut it down. But once I tried to open it, it didn't work and it has some tick noise on my right corner. After sending it to repair chances are the drive could be damaged...
What I concerned is not mostly my data but whether it will be repaired with 5 days because my flight to US is next Tuesday... And my laptop is pretty necessary.
I have never been so regret in my life...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I was listening some post 1999 Iron Maiden and a random fire lit on my ***, prompting me to draw stuff.

After making some Yui doodles I remembered I ****ing suck.

Time to play the heavier Maiden songs, grab a 500 bond paper sheets package and git gud.

Chrono.

After reading some more posts about it. I'm glad the general consensus is that the 5th special stage of Mania is ****ing nuts and WILL catch you off guard if you don't know what you're doing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This involves a spoiler for one of the bosses, but there's a really touching tribute in Sonic Mania.

A couple of years ago, a well respected member of the Sonic hacking and fan game community (where much of the Sonic Mania team also come from), known by the online alias of Polygon Jim, tragically lost his life to a car accident.

Polygon Jim used to represent himself in online avatars and such as a Motobug, since he really liked Motobugs. As you know, the Heavy Rider boss rides around on a crazy Motobug. Well, the Motobug's name is "Jimmy", named in memory of Polygon Jim.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Here is some gameplay of Female Robin.

I can't tell if she's a clone or a costume...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Here is some gameplay of Female Robin.

I can't tell if she's a clone or a costume...
If she is a clone, she's one to one. Basically all of this was seen in male Robin's gameplay. Even the intro scene was part of male Robin's part of the Awakening character trailer.

I'm banking on costume. It'd make sense, considering female Robin is locked out of story mode.

D

Deleted member

So I just found out Toxicroak was announced for RoA
RoA Switch when?

Also, including Ori and this guy, there are 4 original DLC characters and 2 guest fighters coming to it
RIVALS OF AETHER FOR SWITCH WHEN

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So I just found out Toxicroak was announced for RoA
RoA Switch when?

Also, including Ori and this guy, there are 4 original DLC characters and 2 guest fighters coming to it
RIVALS OF AETHER FOR SWITCH WHEN

"Just found out"

Do you not see the Smashboards frontpage at all?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The last of the Smash amiibo came in today.

After what must be about two and a half years at this point, it's finally over.

Also guest starring Alm and Celica since I don't know where else to put them so they are with the other Fire Emblem characters.

IMG_20170816_121114.jpg

IMG_20170816_121312.jpg

And before anyone asks, I should even have Gold Mega Man in the near future.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Sonic Mania is so good and there have been at least 3 times where I have no idea what is happening because GOTTA GO FAST!

That being said, a couple of the bosses thus far have been BS.

My favourite enemy returns though:

I know Clucker was in Lost World, but still. I loved seeing it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yeah I have Nintenzone and alerts bookmarked so I don't see the front page either. See no reason to. Anything I need to know will eventually come around here.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I cannot tell if its a girl or a boy...

I think its a girl?
Tough to say for sure from this footage...

Shoulders don't look as broad as they would on a male, so it could be female...but then again still very vague...
The poofy clown pants don't really help much in this case either...

It also looks like the clown has a relatively small arm girth as well...Currently Min Min's noodle arms are the smallest in the game...Of course this shouldn't have a barring on it's gender but just another observation...

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
That's like some serious divine intervention there or something...lol
GlassesPalutena.png

Found this in Studiopolis Act 2.

View attachment 132182
Genesis may do what Nintendon't, but isn't this supposed to be a Saturn game? :troll:

Oh BTW, how do I beat the boss for the second act of
Stardust Speedway?
The stage itself is easier than most of the ones before it but the gimmick for Flying Battery's boss already nearly floored me before I figured it out and for the life of me I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing with this one.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If she is a clone, she's one to one. Basically all of this was seen in male Robin's gameplay. Even the intro scene was part of male Robin's part of the Awakening character trailer.

I'm banking on costume. It'd make sense, considering female Robin is locked out of story mode.
I thought they confirmed she was just a costume.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
GlassesPalutena.png

Genesis may do what Nintendon't, but isn't this supposed to be a Saturn game? :troll:

Stardust Speedway?
The stage itself is easier than most of the ones before it but the gimmick for Flying Battery's boss already nearly floored me before I figured it out and for the life of me I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing with this one.
First you just run away from Metal Sonic.

Then when he goes into that machine, you have to knock the mini-Robo Sonics into him while they're in their ball form. You do that about four times IIRC.

Then you run away again for a little bit.

Then on the last section, you're supposed to pass him and then hit him to avoid being bounced into the spike wall that's chasing you, and you do that a few times. However, your Rings always get stuck on the sides of the spike wall when you get hit so it's really easy to just tank hits. You basically have to try to die in this section to lose.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
All this Sonic talk made me want to play too, so I finally got this to work:

This'll be my first time playing Sonic ever.

It's the Mega Collection Plus.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Im dead set on seeing this solar eclipes because I have missed every big eclipes event in all of my 23 years and just my luck, my state will probably have thunderstorms that day so I probably wont even see it.

And my gf says this is a good state to live in

Last edited:

Chrono.

Beat Mania with all the emeralds.

Yeah this is definitely a prequel to Forces.

Wonder if the Phantom Ruby will show up then. Maybe even some Mania zones like Press Garden or Studiopolis will get 3D counterparts seeing as the whole planet thing got sucked with him.
GlassesPalutena.png

Stardust Speedway?
You have to use the small Silver Sonics against Metal Sonic. Whenever they spin you can spin at them back to ricochet them against Metal.

All this Sonic talk made me want to play too, so I finally got this to work:

This'll be my first time playing Sonic ever.

It's the Mega Collection Plus.
Hey im not the only on getting into sonic for the mania hype.

Have fun!
PS It's probably in your best interest to unlocl 3 & Knuckles instead of just playing 3, and then playing knuckles

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Holy **** GAF. The absolute ****ing worst
With all the hype and positive words said about Sonic Mania, I'm seriously considering picking it up. However, I have no idea how to play a Sonic game.

They've always been confusing to me. Are you trying to acquire and hang onto as many rings as possible, or do they not really matter outside of lives?

Are you trying to complete levels as fast as possible or are you supposed to regularly stop and explore? The focus on speed in the game is a little confusing to me, as it seems like you'll be quickly ushered through gigantic parts of the game in the name of speed. Are you expected to kind of backtrack and explore the area that you just zoomed through?

Should you be seeking out every TV to smash? What rewards do these garner? What about enemies? Should you be trying to kill them all or is it okay to just run past them?

What do you need to do to acquire the giant ring (no idea if that's what it's called)? What makes it invisible/unattainable and what unlocks the ability to acquire it? What's the benefit of acquiring the giant ring?
Unless you're @crazya02 this is mindnumbing lol

With all the hype and positive words said about Sonic Mania, I'm seriously considering picking it up. However, I have no idea how to play a Sonic game.

They've always been confusing to me. Are you trying to acquire and hang onto as many rings as possible, or do they not really matter outside of lives?

Are you trying to complete levels as fast as possible or are you supposed to regularly stop and explore? The focus on speed in the game is a little confusing to me, as it seems like you'll be quickly ushered through gigantic parts of the game in the name of speed. Are you expected to kind of backtrack and explore the area that you just zoomed through?

Should you be seeking out every TV to smash? What rewards do these garner? What about enemies? Should you be trying to kill them all or is it okay to just run past them?

What do you need to do to acquire the giant ring (no idea if that's what it's called)? What makes it invisible/unattainable and what unlocks the ability to acquire it? What's the benefit of acquiring the giant ring?
Sonic is one of the series you should just never open threads for on GAF.

Metroid is about as bad too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I know but jesus. That was ESPECIALLY bad. "So Mario can jump? I don't want to jump! What about enemies? Do I kill them or ignore them, what are these coins and what purpose do they serve? What's this time limit for? Is my score important?' I need to follow the orders of that tweet

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I was expecting another Hot Take™ and now I don't know if I'm disappointed or relieved.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

What is this about gaf?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

People are baffled when I say these are two of the worst fandoms I've seen, with my issue with the Sonic fandom having absolutely nothing to do with the fanart and weird kinks whatsoever. GAF is a pretty good summary of the problem.

Comment sections on internet news articles are like GAF cranked up to eleven. . .thousand. And there's hints of the crazy on social media here and there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom