• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im actually starting to see people say Colors was **** and generations was never good more often now. Sad to see.
People are excited about Sonic Mania, and I'm just here waiting for the other one who rolls around at the speed of sound...

ONLY ONE MONTH!!

still one month too long
PLEASE. I DONT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY AS IS WHY WOULD YOU REMIND ME. :cry:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Im actually starting to see people say Colors was **** and generations was never good more often now. Sad to see.

PLEASE. I DONT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY AS IS WHY WOULD YOU REMIND ME. :cry:
Because YOU MUST BUY SAMUS RETURNS! IT IS YOUR DESTINY!!!!!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Colors and Generations got great reviews, and Forces is the same style, so I don't get why people think it'll be significantly worse than either of them.
I don't either. Sure, the last game(Lost World) was not nearly as well received, but it was not a bad game either. Most likely the thing that'll get flak is the "make your own own OC" factor than anything.

I'm looking forward to Forces for that alone. But that'll matter once I get myself a Switch.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Colors and Generations got great reviews, and Forces is the same style, so I don't get why people think it'll be significantly worse than either of them.
My problem with Forces isn't that it's in the style of Colors and Generations, I love those games.

My problem with Forces, is that from what we've been shown, it doesn't look anywhere near as fun as those games.

Chrono.

Because Colors and Generations suck now apparently.
Because they haven't shown us /enough/ to get really excited.

Outside of the CC and the music, what do know? A really short Modern Sonic level, an okay looking Classic Sonic level (Green Hill) and the CC levels which look pretty alright. There's just not really a lot to go on.

Now, they did say Mania was always the focus and once Mania was out, we would be getting much more info on Forces. So here's hoping we learn more.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Like I said before, I'm giving Forces a try.

Last time I truly played a 3D Sonic was Adventure 2 on GameCube.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Forces being in the same style as Colors/Generations doesn't necessarily mean it'll be good. They could absolutely botch the game despite having a good foundation.

Not that I think they will, mind you. But it's something to keep in mind.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I should good back on collecting some data on both the Game Boy port of Tetris 2 & the Russian ZX Spectrum homebrew Dr. Mario.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Consouls made a Jazz rendition of Tekken 7's Infinite Azure.

Glad I found it, since Tekken music doesn't have a lot in the way of covers. Compared to other famous game series.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I woke up before 8 AM this morning and it's now almost 4 AM.

Capped it off by doing this. One could say I'm a maniac.

IMG_20170815_034633.jpg

Speed running is hella fun. The Drop Dash is amazing to use. I'm excited to see how it will effect Forces now.

Didn't do any more of the story mode (or "Mania Mode" as it's called), wanna pace it a bit.

Ivander

Smash Legend
What's wrong with milk before cereal? I mean, it sounds like a good thing for those who want to lose weight. For most people, when they pour the cereal in first, they fill it to just about overflow the bowl and the stuff on the bottom will stay regardless on how much milk is poured and that's alot of calories. When you pour the milk in first, when you try to pour the cereal in then, all the stuff goes to the top as quickly as possible as well as the milk starts to overflow, thus forcing a person to pour in less cereal than what they are used to to make sure they don't overflow the bowl and keep stuff from falling out of it. As such, those who pour the milk first before the cereal get less calories than people who pour in the cereal first.

Another victory for logic. /s

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah, forgot about this:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What's wrong with milk before cereal? I mean, it sounds like a good thing for those who want to lose weight. For most people, when they pour the cereal in first, they fill it to just about overflow the bowl and the stuff on the bottom will stay regardless on how much milk is poured and that's alot of calories. When you pour the milk in first, when you try to pour the cereal in then, all the stuff goes to the top as quickly as possible as well as the milk starts to overflow, thus forcing a person to pour in less cereal than what they are used to to make sure they don't overflow the bowl and keep stuff from falling out of it. As such, those who pour the milk first before the cereal get less calories than people who pour in the cereal first.

Another victory for logic. /s
That sounds like you loes as much weight as you do when you drink diet sodas as in I dont get it. because by your logic, I should be gaining more weight, which again, I dont get
My twin eats cereal with no milk at all.
My past grandma did that for years. She ended up with a blockage

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh yeah, forgot about this:

I wasn't expecting that when SEGA's Puyo Puyo Tetris didn't have this treatment (then again this is Sonic).

I'll just go download before I go to work today as I don't feel like doing midnight.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
btw...I beat Blaster Master Zero...

It's a decent metroidvania, one I sort of discovered by accident due to it having a demo...Later on things got a bit on the easy side since if one weapon you're using isn't effective another one completely annihilates the enemies...Sometimes in a way that's just stupid easy...The hourde battles I had a harder time with than some of the bosses...

Final Boss I felt was a bit of a letdown...Never really felt like an actual "villain" tbh...it was just sort of there, no dialogue or personality other than it's "I'm totally evil" looking design...It just felt like another boss fight except this time it had two phases instead of one...still pretty easy to take care of...Was sort of expecting a 'surprise I'm not dead' third phase that occurs with the SOPHIA, but that never happened...just went into the end-credits after some sappy dialogue...speaking of

Dialogue felt kind of ...eh...like it was obvious it was Indie developed as some dialogue just felt very unrefined...

Story was....also eh...For most of the game you're just looking for Fred (let's name it the first thing that pops into my head)...a mutant frog...and when you do "Oh btw, the world will be destroyed if we don't stop the bad guys"

I did enjoy the game though...Felt like a cross between 2D Metroid and 2D Zelda...though somewhat of a watered down version of both...But progression through upgrades and an incentive to explore definitely helped push this games playability...

Playing through Mega Man 1 as I continues to ruin platformers for me :troll:

Ice Man's stage was trash and can burn for all I care.

Just beat the infamous yellow devil, after a lot of tries. Cool to beat someone actually in smash from a series i've pretty much never played. It's a lot easier when you realize the pattern is the same every time. . . it only took me over half an hour to notice

btw...I beat Blaster Master Zero...

It's a decent metroidvania, one I sort of discovered by accident due to it having a demo...Later on things got a bit on the easy side since if one weapon you're using isn't effective another one completely annihilates the enemies...Sometimes in a way that's just stupid easy...The hourde battles I had a harder time with than some of the bosses...

Final Boss I felt was a bit of a letdown...Never really felt like an actual "villain" tbh...it was just sort of there, no dialogue or personality other than it's "I'm totally evil" looking design...It just felt like another boss fight except this time it had two phases instead of one...still pretty easy to take care of...Was sort of expecting a 'surprise I'm not dead' third phase that occurs with the SOPHIA, but that never happened...just went into the end-credits after some sappy dialogue...speaking of

Dialogue felt kind of ...eh...like it was obvious it was Indie developed as some dialogue just felt very unrefined...

Story was....also eh...For most of the game you're just looking for Fred (let's name it the first thing that pops into my head)...a mutant frog...and when you do "Oh btw, the world will be destroyed if we don't stop the bad guys"

I did enjoy the game though...Felt like a cross between 2D Metroid and 2D Zelda...though somewhat of a watered down version of both...But progression through upgrades and an incentive to explore definitely helped push this games playability...
Your opinions sound similar to mine.

Did you get the depressing bad ending or get the good ending?

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Just beat the infamous yellow devil, after a lot of tries. Cool to beat someone actually in smash from a series i've pretty much never played. It's a lot easier when you realize the pattern is the same every time. . . it only took me over half an hour to notice

By depressing you mean when Eve activates the Self Destruct in the SOPHIA then, yes...and by yes I mean I got the Bad Ending, didn't really feel compelled to backtrack and get 100% items or anything, especially since the final area was a bit of a pain to traverse through...

Last edited:
By depressing you mean when Eve activates the Self Destruct in the SOPHIA then, yes...and by yes I mean I got the Bad Ending, didn't really feel compelled to backtrack and get 100% items or anything, especially since the final area was a bit of a pain to traverse through...
haha same. Just doesnt feel worth it for 100% just to get the good ending and a little more content gameplay-wise

Yeah I already had nearly everything, but there is no fast travel so going through the whole game again would have been too tedious for me to get the last 3 or 4 items i needed.

Such a strange game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Yeah, Ice Man's stage is the most annoying of the Robot Masters in Mega Man 1. The disappearing blocks are manageable, it's the platform enemies you have to stand on that annoy me to no end. But MM1 really suffers from "First Game Jank".
I really like Fire Man's and Cut Man's stages. Those were pretty fun. I tend to cheese out Yellow Devil, if I feel like fighting him honestly, I'd just play MM3 for that.

If you ever get to play Mega Man Powered Up, you should. It's a good remake, chibi art style aside.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Just stopping by to say Happy Birthday to Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei !

-------------------------
I feel a little torn when it comes to Sonic Mania, as I've never really played any of the classic Sonic games (and I haven't played very many Sonic games in general). I am kind of interested in it, but I don't really plan to buy it. I've got quite a bit of games on my backlog already (mainly Squeenix games) and there are quite a bit of games coming out later this year that I want to play (Samus Returns, Xenoblade 2, Mario Odyssey, just to name a few).

Also, as for the whole cereal thing, I usually don't have milk with cereal when I eat cereal. Then again, I don't eat cereal very much.
Looks like there are rumors flying around about Okami HD getting a PS4 port.

Man, it's gonna be pretty funny if this ends up being real while Ammy is nowhere to be seen in MvC:I.
As someone, who never owned a PS3 and never played Okami, I'd be very happy if this was real.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So remember that other exciting 5-star pull I mentioned in my previous post? Well, here's the funny story.

Yesterday, I went through a summoning session on the Tempest Trials banner in the hopes of getting Delthea because I need more blue units. On my fourth summon, I got a certain fan-favorite blue-haired Lord that I'm sure many of you are currently trying to get yourselves:

The man. The myth. The legend. It's Ike!

The funny part of the story is that I managed to pull a 5-star Ike in a different banner from the currently running Hero Fest banner. Talk about quite the luck!

I also checked my Ike's IVs. Sadly, it turns out he has +Res -Spd. Still, I'll train him anyway and make some use anyway.

And look at that, another Lon'qu! Lon'qu is the character I pull most often nowadays, but hey, more Vantage inheritance fodder for the future!

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

I'm dying.

Also HBD Swamp-kun.

Thanks so far to everyone who's pitched in on my behalf so far. To anyone on the fence, please consider lending a hand, even if only by spreading word. Things are getting urgent--it's starting to look like I'll be without health insurance completely for at least a month.

You'd never think a donation drive would test one's resolve like this, and yet, it's doing exactly that to me.
Donated $35.

Here's hoping everything goes well on your end.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Looks like Mania won't be up on the eShop till 12am PST.

Aka 3am for those in the East.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I see my cereal tweet made it here.

What I usually did was get a bowl of milk, grab a handful of cereal and drop it in the bowl. When the cereal has been eaten, grab another handful and repeat till the milk is over. I think doing that keeps the cereal crunchier. :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

What I usually did was get a bowl of milk, grab a handful of cereal and drop it in the bowl. When the cereal has been eaten, grab another handful and repeat till the milk is over. I think doing that keeps the cereal crunchier. :p
that **** just seems ass backwards to me and I still fail to wrap my head around it

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

The funniest part is how you just grab handfuls of the stuff and can't even be bothered to just pour it in like normal.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/164168403084

Seems Namco has pledged full support of the Switch.

That's exciting.
Well, I hope this can apply to Dragon Ball Fighter Z. A lot of people showed interest in it, and more titles for the Switch the better. Or maybe even a port of Tekken 7 if we're lucky. I hope Capcom follows suit. Ultra Street Fighter 2 did better than expected and Monster Hunter is bound to be a kill app. Now port over Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 and call it a day.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
While y'all plebs play your Sanic game, I'll be enjoying the true game of the champs. :066:

Jokes aside Mania looks pretty fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom