• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is midnight when Nintendo updates The store with games? I thought it was like 6 in the morning or something.
I'm not sure, I'm hearing mixed reports.

I know it's been up for a while on the Australian eShop but I don't know when that was in their time.

D

Deleted member

Some games release midnight on whatever timezone your EShop is set to but others need to wait until it updates in your region.
Splatoon 2 was up as soon as it hit midnight in Italy but Fate/Extella didn't go up until the EShop updated at 2 P.M. later that day.

So basically, only Nintendo titles should be up by midnight, so in theory, Mania shouldn't be but from what I heard about it going up early in Australia, I'm not sure anymore. Might be a special case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

The funny thing would be if the game doesn't go up at midnight for America and just America.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Late, but I thought I'd add something to the Excalibur discussion from last page: apparently the Fe7 tome has a different name in Japanese(Gigascalibur). Dunno if the FE8 one does or not, but I don't think so.

Also, since we're getting a SS banner, I feel like I should bring up that if they ever add Tethys, they should give her Dark Magic as a nod to the FE8 glitch where anyone can use Dark tomes. :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Following up on last week, my Gofundme has made some minor progress so far. Thanks again to everyone who's pitched in so far, but I have a long way to go to be on even ground again.

Anyone who wasn't able to lend a hand before who might be able to now, here's where you can help me fix the spine and foot issues that have kept my life on hold for years: https://www.gofundme.com/fighting-back-against-years-of-pain

Apologies to the mods if I'm crossing a line for self-advertising. These are...extenuating circumstances.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Following up on last week, my Gofundme has made some minor progress so far. Thanks again to everyone who's pitched in so far, but I have a long way to go to be on even ground again.

Anyone who wasn't able to lend a hand before who might be able to now, here's where you can help me fix the spine and foot issues that have kept my life on hold for years: https://www.gofundme.com/fighting-back-against-years-of-pain

Apologies to the mods if I'm crossing a line for self-advertising. These are...extenuating circumstances.
It may be self advertising, but since this is "extenuating circumstances", in your own words, I'm fine with it.

I hope your health improves, bud :)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've done Green Hill, Chemical Plant, and Studiopolis. Got three Chaos Emearalds so far and have done a bunch of Bonus Stages.

Overall I'm having a blast, constantly smiling as I play. It's just as fun as I remember from my time playing it at Summer of Sonic 2016 last year. The level design is on point so far, the levels are so expansive that it's almost giving me Breath of the Wild-esque "where DO I want to go?" moments. Really nice flow to it too so taking a moment to just try and go as fast as possible is really fun too.

Also I think the Special Stages are my new favourite Special Stages, they are so fun and the music is so hype.

My only noteworthy criticism so far regards the Bonus Stages. Some may consider this a minor spoiler, but...

If memory serves, literally all of the ones I've done are a Special Stage from S3&K. Like, the exact same layouts. At first I thought it would be the first one or two just to ease you in, but I've done at least seven of them so far and I remember them all from S3&K.

Also, while I do like Blue Sphere, I'm a bit iffy on them being Bonus Stages. If they were like the Bonus Stages from S3&K, where it was just a way to get Rings and lives and what not, I wouldn't mind since I could just do as many as I needed. But you get medallions for completing them (Silver if you simply clear it, Gold if you get all of the Rings), so while they aren't mandatory, they definitely unlock something (there's a medal tally in the Extras menu), so naturally I want to do as many as I can. But the thing about Blue Sphere is that it's kinda one of the more long-winded Bonus/Special Stage types, and it's more of a puzzle game than anything. So what can happen is that you'll be playing for a minute or so, end up in a Bonus Stage, play Blue Sphere for 2-3 minutes, then another minute of normal game play, rinse and repeat. That gets a bit tiring after a while.

Blue Sphere is still fun, but I don't think it's the appropriate length for a Bonus Stage at every other checkpoint (assuming you have the Rings to spawn the portal), it's a bit too complex and demanding.

Other than that though I'm having a blast.

Also, actual spoiler here, be warned...

THE CHEMICAL PLANT ACT 2 BOSS IS LITERALLY A GAME OF PUYO PUYO AGAINST EGGMAN, I CAN'T ASAGDHDVGHKL

Chrono.

I've done Green Hill, Chemical Plant, and Studiopolis. Got three Chaos Emearalds so far and have done a bunch of Bonus Stages.

Overall I'm having a blast, constantly smiling as I play. It's just as fun as I remember from my time playing it at Summer of Sonic 2016 last year. The level design is on point so far, the levels are so expansive that it's almost giving me Breath of the Wild-esque "where DO I want to go?" moments. Really nice flow to it too so taking a moment to just try and go as fast as possible is really fun too.

Also I think the Special Stages are my new favourite Special Stages, they are so fun and the music is so hype.

My only noteworthy criticism so far regards the Bonus Stages. Some may consider this a minor spoiler, but...

If memory serves, literally all of the ones I've done are a Special Stage from S3&K. Like, the exact same layouts. At first I thought it would be the first one or two just to ease you in, but I've done at least seven of them so far and I remember them all from S3&K.

Also, while I do like Blue Sphere, I'm a bit iffy on them being Bonus Stages. If they were like the Bonus Stages from S3&K, where it was just a way to get Rings and lives and what not, I wouldn't mind since I could just do as many as I needed. But you get medallions for completing them (Silver if you simply clear it, Gold if you get all of the Rings), so while they aren't mandatory, they definitely unlock something (there's a medal tally in the Extras menu), so naturally I want to do as many as I can. But the thing about Blue Sphere is that it's kinda one of the more long-winded Bonus/Special Stage types, and it's more of a puzzle game than anything. So what can happen is that you'll be playing for a minute or so, end up in a Bonus Stage, play Blue Sphere for 2-3 minutes, then another minute of normal game play, rinse and repeat. That gets a bit tiring after a while.

Blue Sphere is still fun, but I don't think it's the appropriate length for a Bonus Stage at every other checkpoint (assuming you have the Rings to spawn the portal), it's a bit too complex and demanding.

Other than that though I'm having a blast.

Also, actual spoiler here, be warned...
Oh boy that kinda sucks about Blue Sphere.

I was hoping it was just a way to get shields or something, not an actual collectible.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh boy that kinda sucks about Blue Sphere.

I was hoping it was just a way to get shields or something, not an actual collectible.
Yeah, I think it's going to be the most divisive aspect of the game.

Most people like Blue Sphere, but not everyone does. But if you want to unlock everything, you have to play a lot of Blue Sphere.

And while I like it, it kinda gets in the way of experiencing the actual core game. Especially with the issue I mentioned in the first spoiler.

Last edited:
Super duper hyped for Mania (after becoming a sonic fan and all that), and I even have wednesday off. . .

but I have no moeny, and would still want to play CD before I even think of mania.

Hello Darkness my old frienddddddddddd :sadsheep:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah, I think it's going to be the most divisive aspect of the game.

Most people like Blue Sphere, but not everyone does. But if you want to unlock everything, you have to play a lot of Blue Sphere.

And while I like it, it kinda gets in the way of experiencing the actual core game. Especially with the issue I mentioned in the first spoiler.
Im sad to aee the other special stage iant the sonic 2 special stage

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah Forces is probably gonna do poorly critically.

Especially with Mania so fresh on everyone's minds. The writing is practically on the wall.
I dunno.

I think it'll actually do well critically.

Why do you think the critics won't like it?

D

Deleted member

And what makes you say that, Jason?
Because it's when a major non-Sonic game releases that everyone will talk about instead of what game people are currently talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Looks like luck was finally on my side for once in Fire Emblem Heroes. Just about a week ago, I got this 5-star out of a recent summoning session:

Yep, a 5-star Luke! I also got a 4-star Soren, a 4-star Henry, and a 4-star Olivia. I also pulled another exciting 5-star yesterday (and when I mean exciting, I'm talking about a certain character that many people adore and hunt for in Heroes), but I won't say what that other exciting 5-star is yet.

The Luke you see here has 19 HP, 17 Atk, 0 Spd, 8 Def, and 5 Res.

From this information given and his overall usefulness as a unit, should I grind up Luke, or should he be benched and saved for skill inheritance fodder instead?

Chrono.

I dunno.

I think it'll actually do well critically.

Why do you think the critics won't like it?
Because a lot of critics like to stir the pot with Hot Takes(tm) and Sonic is a frequent target for em. Forces is already getting lukewarm reception from previews alone.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Because a lot of critics like to stir the pot with Hot Takes(tm) and Sonic is a frequent target for em. Forces is already getting lukewarm reception from previews alone.
Hmm I suppose.

Though I don't know know if will be quite that bad. I mean, if the game is good it should still get good reviews.

Or at least good enough reviews.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tempest Trial 3, Fire Emblem Heroes.
Pity rate up to 3.5%
Many, many orbs have been given to the cause, yet I remain F2P.
Sanity is slipping.
I am still without Celica.

...Come home, Celica.

Looks like luck was finally on my side for once in Fire Emblem Heroes. Just about a week ago, I got this 5-star out of a recent summoning session:

Yep, a 5-star Luke! I also got a 4-star Soren, a 4-star Henry, and a 4-star Olivia. I also pulled another exciting 5-star yesterday (and when I mean exciting, I'm talking about a certain character that many people adore and hunt for in Heroes), but I won't say what that other exciting 5-star is yet.

From this information given and his overall usefulness as a unit, should I grind up Luke, or should he be benched and saved for skill inheritance fodder instead?
. . .I thought that was fan art. When I first saw it. Lol Luke

Last year, the RPG was the genre I played too much (XCX, Bravely Second, multiple Fire EMblem games, some Final Fantasy, etc). This year, I think it's going to be platformers. I've already played 5 Sonic games in one month, Kirby Robobot, and I want to play CD, Mania, and im hoping Yooka Laylee will release on switch this year. I've also just started playing the first mega man collection for the first time.

AND I want to try the mario games. Since i've never liked them but I felt the same about Sonic and Kirby.

RIP me

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Hmm I suppose.

Though I don't know know if will be quite that bad. I mean, if the game is good it should still get good reviews.

Or at least good enough reviews.
Colors and Generations got great reviews, and Forces is the same style, so I don't get why people think it'll be significantly worse than either of them.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Colors and Generations got great reviews, and Forces is the same style, so I don't get why people think it'll be significantly worse than either of them.
Because Colors and Generations suck now apparently.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
People are excited about Sonic Mania, and I'm just here waiting for the other one who rolls around at the speed of sound...

ONLY ONE MONTH!!

still one month too long

Ivander

Smash Legend

Keep him. He's an ATK+, SPD-, which is recommended for him. Basically, he's stronger than Cain by 1 point of ATK comparing their default stats, making him the strongest Red Sword Horseman(by stats and not weapons, cause than Xander beats him) and 2nd Strongest Melee Horseman behind Frederick. Not to mention he practically comes with the skills he wants. He has a Brave Sword+ from the get-go, he has Bonfire which goes great with his DEF and he has great HP to go well with Panic Ploy and Fire Boost(even more so with an HP+3 Seal).

Basically, keep him. He's great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom