• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Unless they make it an Excalibur variant a la Sonya's Dark Excalibur, I don't think Lute will get Excalibur. The version in Heroes is exclusive to Merric.
But we already got two(three? Four?) Falchions so I don't see the issue.
Excalibur was one of the Sacred Twin Weapons in FE8 so leaving just it out(of they do include all of them) would just be odd

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic Mania reviews are rolling out.

Here's one from Sonic Stadium who mention a few interesting tidbits.

Only extremely minor spoilers here, if even that, but I will spoiler just in case.

-Similar to S3&K, Knuckles has unique stage transitions and some unique routes that he has to go through that Sonic and Tails don't.

-Game mechanics, visuals, and music are pretty much spot on.

-The level design, however, takes a slight dip in quality towards the latter half of the game, mainly due to a sudden difficulty spike that may leave less experienced Sonic players feeling frustrated.

-The story is a bit of a disappointment and feels a lot more like Generations than S3&K in that it doesn't really connect the levels together very well, you just sort of go from level to level and even the main goal of Dr. Eggman and the Hard-Boiled Heavies feels vague.

-Overall a fantastic game that's just shy of S3&K's greatness.

-Also there are various unlockables to look forward to, some warranting whole new playthroughs.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Hey guys guess what.

It's my birthday!

:3
Happy birthday mang.

Eat lots of cake.
I used to be really into Yu-Gi-Oh!, but I've never completed any of the series.

• Duel Monsters: Stopped watching after Battle City was done. The best of the series IMO. It sets up such an enveloping environment, and has an engaging story.
  • GX: Saw the last episode, and various Duels from other episodes.
  • 5D's: Stopped watching during the Dark Signers arc.
  • ZEXAL: Stopped watching some time during the Barian Arc, though there are several episodes before that I didn't watch. Yuma is my least favorite of the protagonists, but I did really like Shark. The story with this one was kind of confusing, at least during the first series.
  • ARC-V: Seen about five or six of the first episodes.
  • VRAINS: Never seen it.
Right now the only series I've yet to finish are Duel Monsters (which I only ever watched a couple of episodes as a kid, I'm only sitting down and really watching it now) and Arc-V (stopped around the Synchro arc, though the story and characters took a huge nosedive around here it started out really well).

I'm watching VR but the new Link Monster stuff makes it a little hard to follow.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Rayman Legends plays like a dream on the Switch.

If you have a Switch and still haven't played one of the best 2D platformers ever made, download the demo and see for yourself.

Chrono.

Haven't seen much reviews for Mania, tried watching GX's mini review but then it got a little to spoilery for my taste and stopped.

I know IGN gave it an 8.7.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Haven't seen much reviews for Mania, tried watching GX's mini review but then it got a little to spoilery for my taste and stopped.

I know IGN gave it an 8.7.
I tried watching IGN's but they flat out showed an unannounced zone with no warning and then I stopped.

Thanks IGN.

Chrono.

I tried watching IGN's but they flat out showed an unannounced zone with no warning and then I stopped.

Thanks IGN.
To be fair so did the launch trailer. :p

But yeah spoilers are kinda even more everywhere now with all the embargo lifts.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But we already got two(three? Four?) Falchions so I don't see the issue.
Excalibur was one of the Sacred Twin Weapons in FE8 so leaving just it out(of they do include all of them) would just be odd

Like, I get that, but at the same time, considering the lengths they went to not give Sonya normal Excalibur or Delthea normal Aura, I just can't see it (especially since three of the four Falchion users use the same exact Falchion anyway, and keep it in the family blood).

I could see something like "Sacred Excalibur" though.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Aaaah the wait is getting real now.

The worst part is that because I ordered the Collector's Edition on PS4, I have to make the Switch version my first playthrough. Which would be fine if I knew the game would go up at midnight but I don't think it will. PC version isn't an option now either since it got delayed.

And then I have some things to do tomorrow, blegh, so I have to wait even longer then.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic Mania is sitting on an 86 on Metacritic right now. I wonder if it can push any higher.

D

Deleted member

Like, I get that, but at the same time, considering the lengths they went to not give Sonya normal Excalibur or Delthea normal Aura, I just can't see it (especially since three of the four Falchion users use the same exact Falchion anyway, and keep it in the family blood).

I could see something like "Sacred Excalibur" though.
Dark Aura and Dark Excalibur aren't Legendary Weapons, hell, they're not even based on weapons.
Excalibur in SS is a Legendary Weapon and I don't think it'd make sense to rename it since no legendary weapon has been. Especially since none of the other Sacred Twins got a rename like that so it'd just be odd.

And Alm's Falchion is definitely not Marth's Falchion and they didn't give it a different name.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Happy Birthday Swamp!

Dark Aura and Dark Excalibur aren't Legendary Weapons, hell, they're not even based on weapons.
Excalibur in SS is a Legendary Weapon and I don't think it'd make sense to rename it since no legendary weapon has been. Especially since none of the other Sacred Twins got a rename like that so it'd just be odd.

And Alm's Falchion is definitely not Marth's Falchion and they didn't give it a different name.

To be fair, out of the weapons in Heroes at least, no other legendary weapon has multiples of it running around in the FE multiverse (both Falchion have the same origin). Excalibur has at least four different worlds that it's appeared in (Archanea/Valentia, Elibe, Magvel, and Fateslandia) and in all except Gaiden (where it's still a powerful spell) it's the most powerful tome you can get in the game. So all of them are bound to be legendary weapons if they're used and if they want to differentiate between the tomes renaming them to define which world it came from does make sense. The fact that they already started with Sonya's Excalibur could be indicative of that trend too, so it would definitely be possible for us to see a "Blazing Excalibur" or "Sacred Excalibur" in the future.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Played the Rayman demo.

Got to a part where there were spiders hanging around right in front of the screen.

My arachnophobia didn't appreciate that very much.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Played the Rayman demo.

Got to a part where there were spiders hanging around right in front of the screen.

My arachnophobia didn't appreciate that very much.
At least you can get revenge in the Murfy stage and squash them.

But seriously, I hope it wasn't too bad.

Chrono.

In other news, Toby Fox has a sense of humor (Undertale on PS4 is also out tomorrow).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
In other news, Toby Fox has a sense of humor (Undertale on PS4 is also out tomorrow).
This is pretty much the same tone of humor as what I've seen Undertale have, no less. A quirky mix of innocence and self deprecation constantly subverting any excess moments of tension. It's always charming when it becomes obvious a game's sense of humor is pretty genuinely the writer's.

D

Deleted member

Happy Birthday Swamp!

To be fair, out of the weapons in Heroes at least, no other legendary weapon has multiples of it running around in the FE multiverse (both Falchion have the same origin). Excalibur has at least four different worlds that it's appeared in (Archanea/Valentia, Elibe, Magvel, and Fateslandia) and in all except Gaiden (where it's still a powerful spell) it's the most powerful tome you can get in the game. So all of them are bound to be legendary weapons if they're used and if they want to differentiate between the tomes renaming them to define which world it came from does make sense. The fact that they already started with Sonya's Excalibur could be indicative of that trend too, so it would definitely be possible for us to see a "Blazing Excalibur" or "Sacred Excalibur" in the future.
Elibe's and Fateslandia's Excalibur are just a powerful tome(no damage effectiveness against the final boss), Magvel's is an actual Legendary Tome made to defeat the Demon King.
There's a difference between renaming a simple weapon and renaming a plot-relevant one. Even more when it would make it become the odd one out.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Elibe's and Fateslandia's Excalibur are just a powerful tome(no damage effectiveness against the final boss), Magvel's is an actual Legendary Tome made to defeat the Demon King.
There's a difference between renaming a simple weapon and renaming a plot-relevant one. Even more when it would make it become the odd one out.

The thing is Magvel's the only case where Excalibur is effective on the Final Boss as Merric's has no special effectiveness on Medeus either, so that's not a common trait between all legendary weapons. Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that Heroes can just upgrade the Elibe and Fateslandia Excalibur to legendary status as they have buffed up other weapons in a similar manner (Dark Excalibur, Jaffar's Deathly Dagger, etc.) and there's nothing stopping them from doing the same with them when they're already the most powerful option in their respective games.

As for it being the odd one out, Excalibur's already the odd one out. It's one of very few special weapons that have been used across multiple universes and is typically the most powerful option you can give your mages. So it getting a special name for each world it appears in would actually be a more proper reflection of its status as it highlight how unique it is in that regard among the other legendary weapons.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@Warchamp7 uploader's broken pls nerf

The BSD OVA was neat, curious how it's "Ep25" though. Both Kunikida's and Aya's faces were great and I think I took about 5 more minutes just taking screenshots of them.

Fate/Apocryoha hypes up the battle in the next episode. Vlad is much more chill and respectful than I expected.
Ah yes, a giant flying fortress, what a great and stealthy Noble Phantasm for an Assassin!

And finally, "My list of things that are not okay":
-Princess Principal Episode 6
The thing is Magvel's the only case where Excalibur is effective on the Final Boss as Merric's has no special effectiveness on Medeus either, so that's not a common trait between all legendary weapons. Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that Heroes can just upgrade the Elibe and Fateslandia Excalibur to legendary status as they have buffed up other weapons in a similar manner (Dark Excalibur, Jaffar's Deathly Dagger, etc.) and there's nothing stopping them from doing the same with them when they're already the most powerful option in their respective games.

As for it being the odd one out, Excalibur's already the odd one out. It's one of very few special weapons that have been used across multiple universes and is typically the most powerful option you can give your mages. So it getting a special name for each world it appears in would actually be a more proper reflection of its status as it highlight how unique it is in that regard among the other legendary weapons.
Is Excalibur a Legendary Weapon in Akaneia though? Or is it just a strong tome?
Still, Excalibur isn't a special case under the Sacred Twins for it to get a rename. Just have it named Excalibur when that's what it is. Dark Excalibur wasn't the Excalibur spell, it's just a new one based on it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Did you saw the Splatoon Corocoro manga anime? I'm actually a bit disappointed... turns out it is just an animated manga which you can find two good fan made ones on Youtube already, but I do praise the voice acting though, Rider in this dub really sounds like a typical bad a** villain.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5wq3hu
(The video post button did mention Dailymotion video can be posted... not sure why it doesn't work...)
And is it me? Or the announcer sounds like Akko from Little Witch Academia?
Haven't gotten the time to the whole thing but what I saw was very disappointing. Very sure I'll not want to watch the next episodes. I'll just wait for the upcoming English manga release.

Also, happeh berfdei, @Swampasaur ! :seuss: Have a great one, Swampy!

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I feel like doing gimmick squad names for Splatoon 2 sometime, but I don't know the first place I'd actually find a crew that would be up for that.

I already thought one possible idea, LOL

Born In A
WrldOfStrf
AgnstDOdds
WeChs2Fght

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Good on Trump for making the statement that he did. I can't help like feeling they it was too little too late though. In a time where the nation was basically tearing itself apart Trump had his chance to be more than what we say he is. And where was he? At a ****ing golf course.

That's all I'm gonna say on the whole Neo-Nazi matter.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Lab is one of my favourite speedrun levels in the N. Sane Trilogy. It's one of the only Crash 1 levels that feels like it was built with speed running in mind. You have to develop some cunning tricks to get the Platinum. Just have Stormy Ascent left now.

Also 3 more hours, hopefully Nintendo has Sonic Mania up at midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom