• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This video made me smile.

It's crazy to think how there are people who were in their late 20's when they first enjoyed Sonic 1 when the game originally came out back in 1991.

But now they're in their 50's and are going to enjoy Sonic Mania on Tuesday.

(Also I would recommend just watching the embed, YouTube recommendations are spoiler-city in Sonic videos right now. Luckily the top video didn't contain a spoiler in the thumbnail.)

Also it's August 14th here now, ONE MORE DAY GUYS AAAAAAH

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If we can get four anime characters, four Fire Emblem characters isn't overdoing it, IMO. :p
From what I recall, three of those characters are left over from the first game, while Luffy's rather conspicuously absent from that line-up. (plus, all of them have sprites from a Smash Bros. style game available, which would make them quicker to make, while to my knowledge, most/all of the sprites for Fire Emblem characters would have to be custom-made)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I was thinking. what if there is a future episode in Dragon Ball Super where Frieza takes his aggression and hatred of saiyans out on Caulifa/ Kale/ Cabba and Goku ends up having to fight his own team mate or something
That could happen, but only if Freiza gets so pissed he decides to try and kill. If anything, Vegeta being the one who would step in first makes sense to me, Saiyan Pride and all.

The only characters I want in SSF2 now areSimon Belmont, Snake, Ike, Crono and Sailor Moon but frankly Sailor Moon probably won't happen. :(
The first game had Mega Man X and Zero. And the second game still has Central Highway as a stage. I'd hope either one of these two become playable. But Simon would be cool. Same with Ike, since he's my #2 in Smash 4. Outside of games, I'd probably pick Spider-Man or Batman, it'd be nice for a western property to get some attention.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That could happen, but only if Freiza gets so pissed he decides to try and kill. If anything, Vegeta being the one who would step in first makes sense to me, Saiyan Pride and all.
I can see it now - Freeza decides to torture Cabba due to his hatred of Saiyans, and Vegeta steps in to "help" his teammate by knocking Cabba off, only to "accidentally" knock Freeza off instead.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
From what I recall, three of those characters are left over from the first game, while Luffy's rather conspicuously absent from that line-up. (plus, all of them have sprites from a Smash Bros. style game available, which would make them quicker to make, while to my knowledge, most/all of the sprites for Fire Emblem characters would have to be custom-made)
SSF1 only had Naruto and InuYasha for anime characters.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing I hope McLeodGaming does in the future is give Lloyd a resprite.

It annoys me a lot that he still looks like he did is the first Super Smash Flash game.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I started to use :4robinf: seriously because I accidentally KOd someone with a book in a random match.

Time to undust the Good Ole 3DS to train.

I started to use :4robinf: seriously because I accidentally KOd someone with a book in a random match.

Time to undust the Good Ole 3DS to train.
This plus tournies makes me know I need to practice too. I need to practive my currently terrible Marth andmaybe learn Pit or C. Falcon.

If only I wasnt so lazy

Nairo is a wizard. Back to back Smashcon smash 4 wins

Congrats :4zss:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This plus tournies makes me know I need to practice too. I need to practive my currently terrible Marth andmaybe learn Pit or C. Falcon.

If only I wasnt so lazy

Nairo is a wizard. Back to back Smashcon smash 4 wins

Congrats :4zss:
I, too, need to work on my Subparth. :p
One thing I hope McLeodGaming does in the future is give Lloyd a resprite.

It annoys me a lot that he still looks like he did is the first Super Smash Flash game.
I could definitely see that happening. Didn't they just resprite Yoshi?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Where did the crash bandicoot woah meme come from and why am I watching a 3 1/2 minute woah meme video?

Actuaply, screw being lazy.

Im going to train now. Someone on smashboards playing smash!
wow. . .I am so out of practice,

Basic spacing, properly throwing out aerials to reduce lag, basic combos and throws.
They all escape me.

Marth F-smash spacing is still perfect for some reason, but man I am trash all over again :dizzy:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So this just went up on the ARMS Japanese twitter:
Bonjour!*
Currently, I am enjoying a c'est si bon holiday. The sweet smell and exotic atmosphere drifting in the air... Ah, now this is the life...

Oh, yes, I also heard that there is a show-off-y fighter around this place. I must research this on my holiday! I might get a special bonus!
Hmm. Sounds pretty sweet, eh? *nudge nudge*

* It uses kanji to emphasise the "bon" part. I wonder what they're getting at here...?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was watching some videos from Dragon Ball mega fans and they kept called Saiyans "Sions"

They don't pronounce it like that in the English Dub or the Japanese anime, so I'm not sure where this mega fan pronunciation came from.

They even mocked the dubs pronunciation of it

Edit: If anything it should be "Sai-ha-jin" or something

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So this just went up on the ARMS Japanese twitter:

Hmm. Sounds pretty sweet, eh? *nudge nudge*

* It uses kanji to emphasise the "bon" part. I wonder what they're getting at here...?
Baguette based fighter with Omelette Du Fromage arms. :4dk:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Wasn't aware people still cared and since not everyone did part two...

Ah well.

For part three, you will explain how you will win against your rival. You will win. You are the hero after all.

Some guidelines though.

• All six Pokemon must be used.
  • Three of your four moves must be used for each Pokemon.
  • Remember to be creative.
  • Remember, real world applications.
My team:
Zangoose: Quick Attack, X-Scissor, Crush Claw, Close Combat
Aggron: Iron Head, Smack Down, Iron Defense, Automize
Talonflame: Brave Bird, Roost, Flame Charge, Agility
Ursaring: Hammer Arm, Thrash, Bulk Up, Shadow Claw
Yungoos: Hyper Fang, Yawn, Crunch, Rest
Hoothoot: Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Aerial Ace, Steel Wing

Schnee117's team:
Metagross "Harbinger" - Iron Defence/Psychic/Hammer Arm/Bullet Punch
Altaria "Aria" - Dragon Pulse/Dragon Dance/Aerial Ace/Roost
Gyarados "Scylla" - Flamethrower/Waterfall/Outrage/Frustration
Gallade "Sheev" - Teleport/Leaf Blade/Close Combat/Thunder Punch
Omanyte "Lord Helix" - Hydro Pump/Withdraw/Toxic/Protect
Dusclops "Reaper" - Disable/Psychic/Shadow Punch/Confuse Ray

Well, with the situation given to me, I feel like Natsuki Subaru trying to fight Betelgeuse Romanee-Conti all by himself (a.k.a, a character with almost no superpowers going up against a villain with some very strong powers). If I were to summon how win this fight, this is the best of what I imagine how my victory would play out (it's through this possible battle I can best think of a strategy to deal with that team).

I start with Zangoose against his Metagross. I immediately withdraw Zangoose knowing that most of its attacks won't do any real damage against Metagross, so I switch into a Pokemon that can effectively deal with the behemoth Steel/Psychic-type. Talonflame is a good choice because of its Fire-typing. I'm not sure what Metagross would go for with its first-move, but either way, I would start with a good ol' Flame Charge. If Metagross tries to go for a Psychic on me, I could follow up with a Roost to recover some damage. Repeat that a few times and I could go for another Flame Charge, though it might take a while depending on when the Metagross decided to use Iron Defense once or twice. I doubt it will resort to using Hammer Arm or Bullet Punch on my Talonflame due to the type disadvantage, but I can imagine Talonflame could eventually get the kill.

Schnee would probably summon Omanyte next. Time to withdraw Talonflame and bring back Zangoose! Omanyte will probably go for a Withdraw to wrack up some Defense in anticipation for what's to come. Zangoose then goes for an early Close Combat, but it gets poisoned from Toxic shortly after. Rather than lower its defenses further, Zangoose tries to go for a Quick Attack, but then Omanyte uses Protect. Anticipating another Protect, I withdraw Zangoose and bring out Ursaring. Ursaring gets one Hammer Arm to deal some good damage (I imagine Omanyte would go for a third Protect that turn, but it will fail). Ursaring then follows up with another Hammer Arm to KO the Omanyte before it uses Toxic or Hydro Pump on me.

Gallade is then sent out. I feel like Gallade might have a counter move against a Flying-type, so I switch into Aggron to absorb the damage. I then switch into Talonflame so that it absorbs Gallade's Close Combat, which I can Gallade would likely use on Aggron. Knowing Talonflame's speed in comparison to Gallade, Talonflame would go for an early Brave Bird and knock him out in the process, but after all the long-fighting it had against Metagross prior, I can imagine Talonflame would knock itself out.

I don't know what would be summoned next, so I'll assume I bring back Zangoose, and Schnee summons Altaria. Zangoose goes for the Crush Claw and manages to lower Altaria's Defense. Altaria gets the Attack and Speed boost with Dragon Dance, so I will go for a Quick Attack to get some nice, early damage onto it. Altaria will probably KO Zangoose that same turn. Thus, I summon Aggron. Smack Down should deal some hefty damage to it, even bringing Altaria to the ground. Altaria could try to go for the Dragon Pulse or Aerial Ace, but neither attack will do much due to Aggron's resistances. Aggron could go for some Iron Defense and perhaps even some Automize boosts while Altaria tries to heal with Roost. Aggron could then go back to another Smack Down to knock out Altaria.

With Gyarados, Aggron could score one Smack Down on it, but I imagine the opposing Pokemon will land the knockout on my Aggron using Waterfall. I bring in Yungoos next. Yungoos decides to Yawn, causing Gyarados to become drowsy. After one powerful attack, Gyarados falls asleep. From there, Yungoos follows up with a fury of Crunch and Hyper Fang attacks over and over until Gyarados wakes up. Unfortunately, I can imagine Gyarados would score another knockout on Yungoos with another strong attack, so I bring back Ursaring. Due to the all the damage Gyarados received from all those Hyper Fang and Crunch attacks, I can imagine one Bulk Up combined with Shadow Claw should be enough to knock out Gyarados.

Thus leaves only the Dusclops left. Ursaring prepares goes for a Shadow Claw straight away, but Dusclops will probably hit it with Confuse Ray. I can also imagine it using Disable as well, forcing me to switch out into Hoothoot for the time being. Hoothoot would probably start with using Hypnosis to put Dusclops to sleep, and from there, it could use Aerial Ace several times to wear down Dusclops. Upon waking up, Dusclops could go for a Psychic. I would use Hypnosis again to put it to sleep and hopefully recover some HP with Dream Eater. If luck failed me and Hoothoot is knocked out, I'll just bring back Ursaring and go for a Bulk Up + Shadow Claw combo to finish Dusclops off (I would go with Bulk Up just to bait another Disable).

Now that was quite the battle...

Chrono.

So I'm around 70+ episodes on the original Yugioh. My verdict so far is that it's nowhere near as fun as GX.

What kinda irks me is how I don't care much for Yami or Yugi, but Jonouchi steals the show for me. Also Kaiba is easily the most infuriating character in the show for a variety of reasons, but the skepticism towards the supernatural stuff is near the top. The duels definitely got better in Battle City since they ditched the RPG-esque rules and are now closer to the real life game, there is still a fair amount of BS though (Time Wizard's effect is still hilariously wrong and a lot of card effects are shifted around for convenience, though that last one is hardly a problem with just DM.)

Still got a long way to go, but yeah. Battle City = good, so far.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Funny, the original Yu-Gi-Oh was the only YGO I liked.

Never liked any of the other series.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
With YGO, with the original series, I liked the first season at Duelist Kingdom, and I enjoyed the ancient Egypt arc in the 5th and final season. But seasons 2-4...they were either "meh" or "ew" to me :dizzy: I enjoyed GX more myself, but ended up hating 5Ds.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Original YGO is the epitome of bull**** plays, but that is what makes it enjoyable in some way.
riko.png

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I liked the original Yugioh apart from Yugi being the only one allowed to save the day.
FFS, I'm still salty about what happened to Joey during Battle City.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For anyone interested, Pokemon insurgence had it's final release today!

IF your interested in playing, do it, it's a great fangame!

Chrono.

For anyone interested, Pokemon insurgence had it's final release today!

IF your interested in playing, do it, it's a great fangame!
Incoming Nintendo BANhammer.

I'll check it out later.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so ya suprising no one the character shiny quagsire said had the most work done on in the most recent patch codename "Sweet"
is all but confirmed to be the next fighter....cant call it a spoiler when you have 'candyland" revealed as a stage as seen up top/ in this tweeted image

if i had to guess we are getting a clown.......because i sees what could be the new fighters logo

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
so ya suprising no one the character shiny quagsire said had the most work done on in the most recent patch codename "Sweet"
is all but confirmed to be the next fighter....cant call it a spoiler when you have 'candyland" revealed as a stage as seen up top/ in this tweeted image

if i had to guess we are getting a clown.......because i sees what could be the new fighters logo
Biff just looks so satisfied with himself.

Then again, someone made Biff cookies, so of course he's feeling pampered today.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

no.. not a clown.. Not Crappy Vinesause joke bait

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Biff just looks so satisfied with himself.

Then again, someone made Biff cookies, so of course he's feeling pampered today.
you dont think hes going..... TURBO do you?

no.. not a clown.. Not Crappy Vinesause joke bait
listen i get it your afraid nintendo will make a sexy female clown and youll have to face the uncomfortable memories you have about that one show you used to watch but forgot about till my mentioning it

(granted it might not be you but im sure someone here has repressed female clown memories)

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

So a potential Candy clown eh?

Wonder what his arms could be?
Explosive crackers?
Blinding gloves?
Freezing Slamamanders?

Was also trying to look at the fans in the bg but it appears they are Ribbon Girl and Min Min supporters so no hints from them it seems...

This stage kinda seems like it could have an interesting layout...at first I was thinking a + shaped layout but it seems a bit more complex than that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom