• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man thinking up what my main hero for my comic would look like is hard.

I have like the face idea and that's it... now if only I could draw..

Both me and Gwen both got Lotad. lol

1. :135:
2. :139:
3. Lotad
4. Gabite
5. Stunfisk
+ :172:

VS

1.Swanna
2. Mamoswine
3. :161:
4. Darumaka
5. Illumise
6. Bidoof

Pichu is a non-combatant so I start out as a disadvantage. Heroes are always underdogs anyway

I start with Jolteaon, they start out with Swanna
Swanna uses Tailwind to speed up the team, I use thunderbolt twice to knock it out (I think Swanna is tanky, but jolteon outspeeds for the first hit at least?)

They switch to mamoswine. I use lightscreen to buff my team, and a shadowball in the hopes of a bit of damage, but quickly lose to dig or thrash

I switch to Omastar. Set up Rain dance.Scald burns, and finishes him off. Dig is useless against my Protect.

They switch to Illumise. Use Ice Beam to try and weaken Illumise, but ill give them the benefit of the doubt of their RNG beating me.

Switch to Stunfisk. Start with substituce, then finish them off with stone edge while im hiding.

They switch to bidoof. Super Fang beats substitute, but Swagger confuses them and makes them hit themselves. Get in a few curses and a stone edge and beat Bidoof with just a shred of HP.

They switch to Sentret. While, Sentret isnt particularly powerful, it is easily able to set up +6 defense and special defense since Stunfisk is too slow to hit sentret after curse, and the battlefield is probably easy to traverse for sentret after Dig adn Stone edge have destroyed it. The high defense of stunfisk actually makes things better for sentret, as he is able to get off more power up punches before Stunfisk faints

I switch to my lotad. Sentret baton passes out to Darumaka. The rain dance from earlier let's Lotad survive a hit or two, and double team and grass knot might be enough to keep darumaka at bay for a little while. Nature Power would probably turn into rock slide from all rocky moves, but Lotad would just be too weak as a stage one pokemon to do anything more than weaken the +6/+6/+6 pokemon

I switch to my last pokemon, and anchor, Gabite. Rain Dance wears off, meaning Darumaka is extremely scary.

However, Gabite is exactly where she wants to be. With Rock Climb, Dig, and Aerial Ace, Gabite has immense mobility in a rocky/destroyed arena. Dealing enough damage to take down +6 defense Darumaka probably means that he would get a strong hit in though just by the time it would take.

It would come down to a weakened yet mobile Gabite against a Sentret with only Power Up Punch to fight. Aerial Ace and Rock Climb to get close, and a Dragon Claw to finish them off

This about what you wanted? :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I somehow made it through Arena Assault.

I mostly did Beginner battles since the score difference is minimal and I knew I was getting KO penalties with some teams.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was thinking. what if there is a future episode in Dragon Ball Super where Frieza takes his aggression and hatred of saiyans out on Caulifa/ Kale/ Cabba and Goku ends up having to fight his own team mate or something

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Downloaded a painting app for my iphone. It's rather decent in a lot of ways. Custom brushes, layers, color blending, etc. My Bamboo Fun tablet isn't compatible, though. Lame-o.

Honestly surprised I didn't think of doing this earlier.

----

D

Deleted member

There's this soap opera writer doing an interview on TV and he just started talking about how he killed off one of the characters because the actor was constantly talking negatively of it in the backstage.
#WritingGoals

There's this soap opera writer doing an interview on TV and he just started talking about how he killed off one of the characters because the actor was constantly talking negatively of it in the backstage.
#WritingGoals

Wrestling does this sometimes too

Looking at you Enzo :troll:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Another Hero Fest Pull
>Haven't gotten anything since the two Gennys, still pulling for Ike
>Admittedly have been buying 10 Orb packs every time I hit 10 Orbs, not proud of that (still good for Sonic Mania though)
>First pull is 4-Star Hinata, more Fury fodder I guess
>Second pull is 5-Star Gray, WRONG BANNER MY DUDE but still not mad since I like Gray, now have all of the Ram Village bois too
>Next is 4-Star Stahl, eeeehhh I get a lot of him
>One more left, might be a waste since Gray reset my rates
>Go for it

I did not prepare myself for that.

Now I can save my Orbs. Kinda want Sonya but I can just Hero Feather a green unit soon instead.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Thanks so far to everyone who's pitched in on my behalf so far. To anyone on the fence, please consider lending a hand, even if only by spreading word. Things are getting urgent--it's starting to look like I'll be without health insurance completely for at least a month.

You'd never think a donation drive would test one's resolve like this, and yet, it's doing exactly that to me.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Thanks so far to everyone who's pitched in on my behalf so far. To anyone on the fence, please consider lending a hand, even if only by spreading word. Things are getting urgent--it's starting to look like I'll be without health insurance completely for at least a month.

You'd never think a donation drive would test one's resolve like this, and yet, it's doing exactly that to me.
I've tried a few more times but it still refuses to accept my card for some reason, and it's not on my bank's end since I've been able to make other transactions. I'll try get on my laptop tomorrow (it's not on me right now) and make it from there, hopefully it will work.

Figured I'd mention this in case it's been effecting other potential donors.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
On my way home from vacation and ran across a billboard by peta. Now you're probably asking, "What extreme or insane bull crap are they displaying this time?"

Surprisingly, the mildest thing I've seen from them: "Don't let your dog die from the heat. Make sure they have shade and water". Are you sure this is peta we're talking about?

I still hate their guts.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
On my home from vacation and ran across a billboard by peta. Now you're probably asking, "What extreme or insane bull crap are they displaying this time?"

Surprisingly, the mildest thing I've seen from them: "Don't let your dog die from the heat. Make sure they have shade and water". Are you sure this is peta we're talking about?

I still hate their guts.
Yeah, I'd figure they'd be encouraging you to have your pet euthanized or something because they think domestication is slavery, LOL. I guess they want your pet to be in healthy condition before they're tossed into the void?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah, I'd figure they'd be encouraging you to have your pet euthanized or something because they think domestication is slavery, LOL. I guess they want your pet to be in healthy condition before they're tossed into the void?
I tossed my rabbit to the void once, she thumped in anger and came back

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I learned that :pichumelee: was revealed in Super Smash Flash 2 Beta during Smash Con.

Honestly wasn't expecting anymore character reveals until the final game.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just finished watching the DuckTales premiere. Pretty great and I REALLY like where it's going.

Scrooge's voice will take some time getting use to.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I tried and failed to ride a bear into Zora's Domain. I was almost there but I took a wrong turn and got ambushed by a Moblin with Shock Arrows who killed my bear.

RIP Yogi Bear

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why can't they add good characters? Pichu is a dumb choice.
Because a clone takes a lot less work for a fan project? Not that hard of a conclusion to draw...

If anything you should be happy they're revealing characters at all. There was a good chance that wasn't gonna happen until the final build.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Mecha Marathon from Mario Party 2 is designed by Satan himself. I despise this mini-game. It's the reason why i'll never beat the Mini-Game Coaster in the game.

Also :pichumelee: revealed for SSF2, really hype. It's about time Chu gets the respect he deserves. Here's hoping fellow Melee vets Roy and YLink follow suit.

D

Deleted member

On my way home from vacation and ran across a billboard by peta. Now you're probably asking, "What extreme or insane bull crap are they displaying this time?"

I still hate their guts.
Tbh, I haven't seen anything bad from PETA, and it's not that I doubt the claims but just because everytime someone mentions them, it's the Pokemon parody flash games and anyone who actually played those would know they're harmless parodies.
Like, I'd like to actually see what everyone talks about then that's so bad.
I learned that :pichumelee: was revealed in Super Smash Flash 2 Beta during Smash Con.

Honestly wasn't expecting anymore character reveals until the final game.
Any pics of him in action? Hopefully they'll buff him to make him a Lethal Joke Character so he still takes recoil damage but deals a lot more in return

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Because a clone takes a lot less work for a fan project? Not that hard of a conclusion to draw...

If anything you should be happy they're revealing characters at all. There was a good chance that wasn't gonna happen until the final build.
Well I mean I'm never gonna actually play the game, but if they were adding clones they could have chose better ones or made a new cool clone.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly I'm just glad they announced a Pokémon in general. Having only Pikachu and Jigglypuff just felt kind of off to me, especially since there are a handful of Pokémon stages. Also now we have a Johto Pokémon to go with the Lake of Rage stage. :p

Here's hoping for Greninja to join.
And also more Fire Emblem characters because Marth is lonely.
Chrom please.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pichu's in Smash Flash 2? Freaking sweet. I hope they can capture the silly fun he was in Melee. That's the best part of it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Still advocating for the guy in my avi to get in SSF2 of course. Isaac made it in so it makes me hopeful for Andy,
Hopefully they'll buff him to make him a Lethal Joke Character so he still takes recoil damage but deals a lot more in return

Preach.

It would be the ultimate irony if Pichu became top tier in SSF2. And I would love every second of it.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Honestly I'm just glad they announced a Pokémon in general. Having only Pikachu and Jigglypuff just felt kind of off to me, especially since there are a handful of Pokémon stages. Also now we have a Johto Pokémon to go with the Lake of Rage stage. :p

Chrom please.
Ike next. I'd love them to add a fire emblem character not in smash even if they have to get someone to voice them.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
As far as FE goes, I hope they just add Roy and Lyn and call it a day. Or maybe just one of the two.

Anything more than 3 is overdoing it IMO.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina is still a background prop with an outdated sprite so it's a 0/10 game

I should try SSF2 out again sometime to see what I can do with Sora. Black Mage was my main before so I wonder how he's changed.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I see that there is a Smash Bros tourney going? I was planning on going to bed so that would be the best thing to help me.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Watching the finals for SSB4 at Smash Con.

Bowser is the best naifu now.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Chrom please.

Seeing people wanting more FE reps in a Smash game looks bizarre lol.
But it makes sense here. :p

Now lets hope they add Ike, Corn, Lucy, Celica, Roy, Lyn, Batman, Robin..

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As far as FE goes, I hope they just add Roy and Lyn and call it a day. Or maybe just one of the two.

Anything more than 3 is overdoing it IMO.
If we can get four anime characters, four Fire Emblem characters isn't overdoing it, IMO. :p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If we can get four anime characters, four Fire Emblem characters isn't overdoing it, IMO. :p
Fire Emblem is anime tho.

But then again so is Golden Sun so I can't say much.

D

Deleted member

Clearly we need a 5th anime character in SSF2, I doubt anyone with taste would object to Deku
Really though, they're all from battle shonens, it onoy makes sense.
Alternatively, we just need a shonen Smash fangame

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The only characters I want in SSF2 now areSimon Belmont, Snake, Ike, Crono and Sailor Moon but frankly Sailor Moon probably won't happen. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom