• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did 5 races

I did not get a single red shell. Not one. I got hit by plenty, bu ever received ONE.

I dont care if I won the races it's still annoying. Man I hope I dont completely abandon this game when I get Splatoon 2

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hmm...

If you fell in love with a guy/gal but they were already betrothed (not married yet) to another, would you still pursue them?
No. I am a firm follower of the "I Want My Beloved to Be Happy" trope, even if I haven't quite exactly been in such a situation as of yet.

What if the person said they loved both you and their fiance?
Still no.
If she did love me, she wouldn't if I tried to make her mine when she's already with another.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Just did 5 races

I did not get a single red shell. Not one. I got hit by plenty, bu ever received ONE.
Mate, I'm praying for you, it happens to me a lot too
Most of the time I found that not rushing the item box gets you better items but it's probably just a matter of luck more than anything
(But seriously, who thought COINS were a good item idea? Seriously, it feels like all you ever get in first place is just coins and the occasional banana...)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'd tell them that they've already made a promise to commit to their fiancé by saying yes to their fiancé (or by proposing, if they were the one who popped the question), and that I think they should follow through with such a serious promise. If they are second guessing that decision, I'd ask that they think long and hard about it. I alone am not a good enough reason to warrant anyone back-peddling on such a promise. I'd say this regardless of my impressions of their fiancé (unless there was something extremely exceptional going on like, I dunno, he has a secret record of being abusive to women or something. I probably couldn't outright tell her that without looking crazy but chances are I'd be too busy looking for a way to safely get the truth out on that for us to be having this conversation in the first place).

Can't wait for Sonic mania lol. The wait is killing me. On the upside, a college friend is a huge Sonic fan and will buy it at console release, so I'll be able to play it with him in waiting for the PC version later date release.

Btw is Forces production been looking good? I haven't been keeping up with Forces news.
It's looking pretty solid and I'm looking forward to it. Could use some work in some areas but I'm sure it will get better, they have a lot of reveals left.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I also forgot to mention

It's Goku God (Red) and Hit vs Team 11

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Whoa-olly ****! There is an Attack on Titan stage in DoA5LR??m

*Goes to store*

No longer available for purchase

:sadsheep:

I'm not even a big Attack on Titan fan but that stage is gorgeous!

D

Deleted member

Whoa-olly ****! There is an Attack on Titan stage in DoA5LR??m

*Goes to store*

No longer available for purchase

:sadsheep:

I'm not even a big Attack on Titan fan but that stage is gorgeous!
An AoT stage in Dead or Alive?

So what, Mikasa for the next Volleyball? :V

Ivander

Smash Legend
I can't answer this honestly. Mostly because I honestly don't know what I would ultimately do or say. Especially as a person with social issues and not a conversation starter with people unless work-related. Plus the fact that I've never been in an intimate relationship with somebody once in my life ever so far(and is hitting mid 20s).
Basically, I can think some possibilities of what I would do, but would I actually follow through with any of them is another story. Not to mention it depends on the reasoning of the other party.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Erureido Erureido
I think this will fully convince you to max out Cu Chulainn in Grand Order if you weren't convinced enough.

@Shishœ
Just cause.

Top 10 Anime Battles That Need To Be Made Canon.

When I thought the solo Cu Chulainn Vs Shadow Berserker was impressive enough and made me want to get my own Ascended and whatnot, but this was straight-up awesome and guaranteed him my mats. Cu Chulainn against his corrupted Berserker Alter version. This is one of those gameplay matches that needs to be made into a full blown Episode/Cinematic deal.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Hmm...

If you fell in love with a guy/gal but they were already betrothed (not married yet) to another, would you still pursue them?
Once tried, things went to uber ****, so nah.
I learned the lesson.

Chrono.

Hmm...

No.

Honestly, if you pursue someone who is in any sort of relationship you are pretty sleazy in my book.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Erureido Erureido
I think this will fully convince you to max out Cu Chulainn in Grand Order if you weren't convinced enough.

@Shishœ
Just cause.

When I thought the solo Cu Chulainn Vs Shadow Berserker was impressive enough and made me want to get my own Ascended and whatnot, but this was straight-up awesome and guaranteed him my mats. Cu Chulainn against his corrupted Berserker Alter version. This is one of those gameplay matches that needs to be made into a full blown Episode/Cinematic deal.
I've actually been using my Cu Chulainn a lot ever since you shared that video of him vs Shadow Berserker. I haven't been playing much F/GO lately (I'm still on the France level), but I did manage to ascend him to Level 2 recently, so he has been doing really well. In fact, Cu Chulainn is currently my lead member.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

So according to this, trials were a late addition to Sun and Moon and Ohmori basically did them himself....

What the hell were the planning to add to the game beforehand? It had to be rushed like rumors stated so they could get a switch title out.

Chrono.

So according to this, trials were a late addition to Sun and Moon and Ohmori basically did them himself....

What the hell were the planning to add to the game beforehand? It had to be rushed like rumors stated so they could get a switch title out.
Probably just Gyms?

Idk what else could it be.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
how bad is uber **** and exactly how did it come out uber ****?
Now I kind of want to hear this story.

Storytiem:

I liked this girl 5 years ago, things were smooth and we became very close friends, after like six months I tried to take the next step with poetry and stuff, and she was like "no relationships with friends, that's a rule I never break". Kay then. A month later she met another dude, we called that dude "Teletón" because he pretended to be an unhappy guy that only was happy when he was with her, more than one noted he only wanted to get in her pants .They became friends quickly and also quickly they were french kissing everywhere.
-"So you had a rule about-"
-"I break the rules when I want lol"

Kay then.

The thing is that I realized that relation was toxic (she was like enchanted by the dude) causing me to insist and tense the things even more, I even gave her a tiny book of poetry written by me, and the dude kept sending messages with his friends about he breaking my face, and I was like "come here little ****, say it to my face", if we weren't on college territory then **** would have gone physical, but there's was some huge vitrol between the guy and me anyway, my feelings and my bad management of them made me a stupid stupid stupid being.

Then I realized I was wasting time on that, and if they wanted to be on that toxic relationship it's their problem, so I stepped aside and saw how I was right.
Once the dude got what he wanted, their relationship went sour. She even texted me about the breakup and how it was a mistake to be with that guy. Thankfully by that point I already turned the page.

Getting away from those people made me a much happier person.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Storytiem:

I liked this girl 5 years ago, things were smooth and we became very close friends, after like six months I tried to take the next step with poetry and stuff, and she was like "no relationships with friends, that's a rule I never break". Kay then. A month later she met another dude, we called that dude "Teletón" because he pretended to be an unhappy guy that only was happy when he was with her, more than one noted he only wanted to get in her pants .They became friends quickly and also quickly they were french kissing everywhere.
-"So you had a rule about-"
-"I break the rules when I want lol"

Kay then.

The thing is that I realized that relation was toxic (she was like enchanted by the dude) causing me to insist and tense the things even more, I even gave her a tiny book of poetry written by me, and the dude kept sending messages with his friends about he breaking my face, and I was like "come here little ****, say it to my face", if we weren't on college territory then **** would have gone physical, but there's was some huge vitrol between the guy and me anyway, my feelings and my bad management of them made me a stupid stupid stupid being.

Then I realized I was wasting time on that, and if they wanted to be on that toxic relationship it's their problem, so I stepped aside and saw how I was right.
Once the dude got what he wanted, their relationship went sour. She even texted me about the breakup and how it was a mistake to be with that guy. Thankfully by that point I already turned the page.

Getting away from those people made me a much happier person.
sounds like they were both a pair of sour grapes and once you threw those sour grapes away, you were only left with the sweet grapes

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I've actually been using my Cu Chulainn a lot ever since you shared that video of him vs Shadow Berserker. I haven't been playing much F/GO lately (I'm still on the France level), but I did manage to ascend him to Level 2 recently, so he has been doing really well. In fact, Cu Chulainn is currently my lead member.
I can understand if it's starting to get tiring, especially due to RNG. And no, I'm not talking about the Gacha RNG, which is fine. But RNG Item Drops ala MMO or Monster Hunter for those who are wondering. Compared to Fire Emblem Heroes, Grand Order is definitely more reliant on RNG besides events, which is not nice. Despite some of the big changes I heard that came to the American version first thing after the JP version had got them a year or 2 later, Grand Order is definitely not a newbie-friendly game.
By what I heard, it used to be 4 Quartz instead of 3 for a Summon, there was no guaranteed 4-Star Servant and Craft Essance on the first Roll and no Guaranteed 4* on a 10x Summon, there was no Battle Speed and Noble Phantasm Speed Options at first, Nero Fest in NA was alot like the first Nero Fest in JP, but the shop with Nero was from the latest Nero Fest in Japan, and a bunch of other things.
Than there's the fact that:
-the Training AP Missions are much more pricey compared to Training Tower in FEHeroes(Highest Training Mission is GO is 40 AP while Training Tower is 9 AP).
-the fact that Fire Emblem heroes only require the Hero Feathers to upgrade and get stronger while Grand Order heroes require several different Mats that have a case of RNG Drop for each individual Hero to get stronger.
-how you have to level up GO heroes with EXP that drops in battle and they don't level during battle
-FEHeroes giving you Stamina Potions 2 times per Week while Apples in Grand Order aren't given at all except during some events or from maintenance issues
-You only have to worry about Heroes in Fire Emblem Heroes while in Grand Order, you have to focus on both Heroes and Craft Essance.
-CRITICALS, compared to FEHeroes who's battle system has no RNG.
The Levelling is an interesting feature to get back AP and the fact that after you reach the final level, you'll have 140 AP, is interesting too, but at about the halfway point, it starts to stale and you start to benefit alot less from it. In terms of newbie friendliness and accessibility, Fire Emblem Heroes definitely has huge advantage over Grand Order which, while it has gotten better since it's start in Japan, is still tough on those new to the game. Not to mention RNG outside of the Gacha Rolling.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ah ****, the new RE:Creators was so good
Suruga just doesn't care about a gun pointed at her head, she has endured the pain of being an artist, a bullet is nothing compared to that!
That ****ing twist at the end tho, can't believe they'll go the guilt tripping route with him
Hmm...

Swamp, this is the most cliche plot for a romance movie, I'm gonna have to ask you to do better
Now that's a twist I like to see. Make them enter a poligamic relationship and end ship wars
Erureido Erureido

@Shishœ
Just cause.

I sure wish I could understand F/GO because it actually looks fun. I'm getting a new phone soon so maybe it'll be compatible with it.

Still, Cu deserved so much more, but alas, he's a Lancer.
He gets a chance to shine in Extella though, then again, everyone does
Except Chrom

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I don't watch Digimon anymore, but apparently, Marth made a cameo in the newest episode. Don't believe me? Look at this image, and focus on the far right:

Yep, it's him alright. They even gave him his red-color palette swap from Smash! Looks whoever worked on this episode must be a Fire Emblem fan!

The premise of the episode was that an evil Digimon brought a bunch of video game characters into the real world and turned them evil. Come to think of it, Marth being changed from his blue attire to a red color is a nice homage to the Fire Emblem games: that the enemy unit sprites are red in color, sometimes even having red over their usual colors.

This is where I learned about the cameo.

I know there are some Digimon fans here, so this image will likely be a memorable one to those people.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I don't watch Digimon anymore, but apparently, Marth made a cameo in the newest episode. Don't believe me? Look at this image, and focus on the far right:

Yep, it's him alright. They even gave him his red-color palette swap from Smash! Looks whoever worked on this episode must be a Fire Emblem fan!

The premise of the episode was that an evil Digimon brought a bunch of video game characters into the real world and turned them evil. Come to think of it, Marth being changed from his blue attire to a red color is a nice homage to the Fire Emblem games: that the enemy unit sprites are red in color, sometimes even having red over their usual colors.

I know there are some Digimon fans here, so I know this image will be a memorable one to those people.
Marthmon!
Roymon!
DNA DIGIEVOLVE TO...

IKEMON

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So....I finally got around to watching Alien Covenant

Umm....I can say that it was at least better than Alien 3 and 4....though that's not really saying much...

I'd give the movie like a 4/10...

I feel like I'm one of the few that actually liked Prometheus, but this was a bit of a let-down tbh...

Last edited:

Chrono.

So....I finally got around to watching Alien Covenant

Umm....I can say that it was at least better than Alien 3 and 4....though that's not really saying much...

I'd give the movie like a 4/10...

I feel like I'm one of the few that actually liked Prometheus, but this was a bit of a let-down tbh...
Is there any director that bats a .500 as much as Ridley Scott tbh.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Marthmon!
Roymon!
DNA DIGIEVOLVE TO...

IKEMON
And then there's a whole subplot about Tactimon and at the end of the season Grimamon breaks out of the Digital World and because Tactimon shares prototype code they have to sacrifice themselves to stop the thing. But then Tactimon manages to survive as an egg despite dying in our world thanks to the power of friendship.

Chrono.

And then there's a whole subplot about Tactimon and at the end of the season Grimamon breaks out of the Digital World and because Tactimon shares prototype code they have to sacrifice themselves to stop the thing. But then Tactimon manages to survive as an egg despite dying in our world thanks to the power of friendship.
Took me a while to register you were talking about the Tactician and not this guy.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

I know there are some Digimon fans here, so this image will likely be a memorable one to those people.
ya thats cool, but you know what was better? agumon showing up and becoming war greymon complete with og evolution theme

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Wow. That's one of the more blatant references I've seen in a while. Especially since that one little girl is already dressed like Mario.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Finally saw DBS.
-Helles still stuck in stock footage mode
-Somewhere... Vegeta is still disgusted
-17 you glorious *******
-Yardrat dude bein' more useful than Tuxedo Mask
-Gohan with the bamboozle on Botamo
-HELLZONE GRENADE
-Gohan won a battle by refusing to DOOOOOODGE
-Godtube.com/Gowasu10 now leads to a 404, RIP. (ZAMAS)
-Cus feeling sad for Rumsshi was a nice touch; not all angles are evil.
-Obuni's family got deleted, but remember you have a family too, Gohan
-SSG Goku hypeeee.
-Beerusface.png
billsf.png

MVP of the week: Android 17 again.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Finally saw DBS.
-Helles still stuck in stock footage mode
-Somewhere... Vegeta is still disgusted
-17 you glorious *******
-Yardrat dude bein' more useful than Tuxedo Mask
-Gohan with the bamboozle on Botamo
-HELLZONE GRENADE
-Gohan won a battle by refusing to DOOOOOODGE
-Godtube.com/Gowasu10 now leads to a 404, RIP. (ZAMAS)
-Cus feeling sad for Rumsshi was a nice touch; not all angles are evil.
-Obuni's family got deleted, but remember you have a family too, Gohan
-SSG Goku hypeeee.
-Beerusface.png
View attachment 132109

MVP of the week: Android 17 again.
I would give MVP to Gohan, since he actually took out 2 fighters.

I did like that last scene a good bit though. It actually showed someone feeling bad for having to wipe out other universes, on top of maybe hardening Gohan's resolve to protect his own. I'm hoping that Gohan and Piccolo take on those other two Nameks.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Okay but that Marioette is cute as ****.

EDIT: I just realized that its Chara wearing a plumber's dress. :laugh:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I would give MVP to Gohan, since he actually took out 2 fighters.

I did like that last scene a good bit though. It actually showed someone feeling bad for having to wipe out other universes, on top of maybe hardening Gohan's resolve to protect his own. I'm hoping that Gohan and Piccolo take on those other two Nameks.
Tbh Im gushing too much about 17 lol, but dude is pretty useful with that barrier, and saved Son "No Guard" Goku from heavy damage. Also I feel Gohan still has something to deliver, as he went Ultimate to tank Obuni's hits, he was pushed to that form imo (not like Goku who goes Blue to gauge his opponents), so he will rely on strats or he has a new form/technique under his sleeve. But he hasn't impressed me yet.

Still, I have him as the Last Survivor of the ToP.

About the sad scene:
Gohan seeing the photo may be a double edged sword, it might strengthen his will, but also he may hold back due guilt until Piccolo makes him go back to his senses.

Also after I rewatched it, saw many stuff that made it more real, compared to U9s disastrous effort.
Gowasu clinged on every bit of hope after seeing his remaining fighters doing well, despite them being on the brink of deletion. And took his demise gracefully and complimented his warriors for a good effort, mad respect to him, what a well made character.

SOMEONE HUG CUS.

D

Deleted member

Hmm...

Personally, I wouldn't. Especially if that person is happy with who they're betrothed with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom