• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Was anyone even debating in support of Nazi's? I just don't believe in violence
Considering there are swaths of folks on /r/the_donald legitimately believing the guys with the tear gas and the terrorist who drove into the crowd were "liberal plants put there by Soros," probably quite a bit more than you'd think, sadly. :/

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Thinking about starting up a discord group. Maybe to talk about movies and TV and stuff. I dunno.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Please stop equating Nazis to all of the right.

Majority of the right doesn't like them either.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Considering there are swaths of folks on /r/the_donald legitimately believing the guys with the tear gas and the terrorist who drove into the crowd were "liberal plants put there by Soros," probably quite a bit more than you'd think, sadly. :/
That doesn't really sound like they support the Nazi's, that sound more like they are in denial that Nazi's could even exist

I really should take a break myself, this is not doing anything positive for my mood. This whole week has been terrible.
We don't live in a country of white supremacy

Some white supremacists are not the majority of people or representations of anything but themselves

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Please stop equating Nazis to all of the right.

Majority of the right doesn't like them either.
I like to also stress, if you proclaim "NOT ALL WHITE PEOPLE" or something similar, please stop, you're part of the problem. Instead of acknowledging the issue, you're deflecting it. When it comes to ideology like white supremacy, whether you agree with it or not, you reap the benefits regardless; it's not something you choose to have, you just do. It is more important to fight against it than it is to shove blame towards others.
I really should take a break myself, this is not doing anything positive for my mood. This whole week has been terrible.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm not trying to deflect the issue.

I'm trying to more accurately pinpoint the issue.

If you have a classroom with some troubled kids, you don't go after the whole classroom, you deal with the troubled kids.

I'm not happy about these Nazis either Kurri. I never said but not all white people or anything or the sort.

But we can't just label everyone a Nazi when they're only related by a tangent. That tactic makes more Nazi's. I've seen it first hand!

Going to go ahead and just say that for some people this is not a place for politics and wish to be on the internet for enjoyment's sake.

If you are one of those people, I suggest staying off any forum for a day or two. The fact that there is a literal nazi rally going on is probably going to be a major point of discussion for a little bit. I mean, you should definitely still know what is going on in the world politically, but I suppose there are better places for that.

Go to Twitch, or youtube, or somewhere like that where politics dont really exist unless you go to the specific channels for it or look in the comment sections. Staying here will probably only be more stressful. And again, Forum Support and my PMs are still open if needed.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I have to say. Its hard for me to not be depressed and Suic while being in this thread
Sorry. :/ Reading too much politics tends to do a number on what little is left of my motivation to do anything in life myself.

Let's have a better subject. Puppies. Candy. Puppycandy.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm not trying to deflect the issue.

I'm trying to more accurately pinpoint the issue.

If you have a classroom with some troubled kids, you don't go after the whole classroom, you deal with the troubled kids.

I'm not happy about these Nazis either Kurri. I never said but not all white people or anything or the sort.

But we can't just label everyone a Nazi when they're only related by a tangent. That tactic makes more Nazi's. I've seen it first hand!
this remind me of the furry v antifurry post fight last splatfest pff Speaking Of Splatoon, I fought Gingivitus

and won.
then I got the disease got on my team and I lost

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
i submitted some and they never got on there which is ****ty
They said it takes a week with how many they get and they weren't lying. I checked for daaaays and there was nothing, I forgot to check a day and it finally went up then. They're backed up like mad.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
They said it takes a week with how many they get and they weren't lying. I checked for daaaays and there was nothing, I forgot to check a day and it finally went up then. They're backed up like mad.
do they only take anon? because if they do, ooops, idk how to go anon on the tumblr app

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
do they only take anon? because if they do, ooos, idk how to go anon on the tumblr app
Nah, I did it with my username, if you look at the very bottom of the notes on the post you can see it peeking out. They just take ages to go up. You can message them if you're wondering if it's been accepted or not IIRC, but I didn't have the nerve and just waited it out. They definitely aren't kidding with that week worth of wait time, though, there was a deluge of posts before mine and they haven't even started hitting Mayo vs. Ketchup posts yet.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So I first heard this song called "Back Together" back on my crappy 25th birthday. It sounded good at first, but then Nicki Minaj came out of nowhere and it was hilarious.

Looking it up on Youtube, people generally don't care for Robin Thicke's part, and just skip to Nicki. The chrous is the best part for me. Wtf is wrong with people.

----

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone on Youtube is streaming the latest episode of Dragon Ball Super apparently

Dang Yardrat

WINNIE THE POOH IS OUT!!!

IS UNIVERSE 10 GOING TO BE ELIMINATED!?!? They are facing Gohan

2 characters used Hellzone grenade in the same episode

Universe 10 down to 1 fighter

UNIVERSE 10 BE DEAD

Next episode Hit and Goku vs Universe 11!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For Honor has apparently been free to play for the past weekend on PS4, Xbox One, and Steam. It ends tomorrow.

Gonna download it tonight and try it tomorrow.

EDIT: PS Plus members only, can't afford that right now.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hmm...

If you fell in love with a guy/gal but they were already betrothed (not married yet) to another, would you still pursue them?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I first heard this song called "Back Together" back on my crappy 25th birthday. It sounded good at first, but then Nicki Minaj came out of nowhere and it was hilarious.

Looking it up on Youtube, people generally don't care for Robin Thicke's part, and just skip to Nicki. The chrous is the best part for me. Wtf is wrong with people.

----
Music is pretty much a form of art. There's no real right or wrong, just what personal preferences people have, although people will talk your ears off with No True Scotsman fallacies about how it's otherwise.

People joke about classical music being boring and stuffy, for example. But really it's just a very different way of approaching a song. No pop stars singing about their love lives, no rappers mourning the plight of reality, no rednecks singing about their cars, just a focus on musical experimentation and often an attempt to convey a concept without the usage of words.

Or people gripe about a band being "trash" when trading comparisons of that nature in any medium just ends with nearly everything being called awful and anything that isn't merely falling under the radar.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Hmm...

If you fell in love with a guy/gal but they were already betrothed (not married yet) to another, would you still pursue them?
no unless they really really really regret being engaged to the person they are engaged too. otherwise its me stepping over the line into something I shouldnt be stepping into

Last edited:
Hmm...

Unless their Fiance was bad for them (as in, like, a total ass or abusive) probably not

Any pursual would definitely be affected by the knowledge they are "betrothed" though

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hmm...

Nope not touchin' that

I'm genre savvy enough to know where this is going, your chances of getting the love interest are better leaving it alone than trying to break up a relationship. You are going to come off massively badly if you move in on another person's fiance(e).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hmm...

Nope.

That is one drama I don't want a starring role in.

If it were a case of the person they were engaged to was bad for them in some way, I would try to make my concerns as a friend known to her, but getting together with her myself would be the furthest thing on my mind.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hmm...

I certainly wouldn't if I saw that they did really care for them. I'm one of those people willing to let go if the person is happy with them. Now if they weren't happy......I wouldn't exactly pursue them, but I would keep an eye on them to try and understand why they aren't happy and to make sure nothing potentially horrid happens.
That being said, the idea of trying to pursue someone betrothed to somebody else puts a bad taste in my mouth, especially as someone who absolutely despises netorare. Like Chiko said, in a case where they really don't like the other side, I would try to understand why and show my concerns first while getting together with them would be the thing very far away from my mind and intentions.

Last edited:
Unless their Fiance was bad for them (as in, like, a total *** or abusive) probably not

Any pursual would definitely be affected by the knowledge they are "betrothed" though
Actually I say this, but even then I would probably be more focused on getting them out of the relationship they are in before putting them in another one. . . I may be a pervert but im not an asshole

Gonan go play some Mario Kart. Having the Switch upstairs seems to make me 200 times more likely to play it lol. Im too lazy to go downstairs I guess. . .

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What if the person said they loved both you and their fiance?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Can't wait for Sonic mania lol. The wait is killing me. On the upside, a college friend is a huge Sonic fan and will buy it at console release, so I'll be able to play it with him in waiting for the PC version later date release.

Btw is Forces production been looking good? I haven't been keeping up with Forces news.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Btw is Forces production been looking good? I haven't been keeping up with Forces news.
Depends on what you want from a Sonic game.

I think it looks like Generations 2.

And I love that.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Depends on what you want from a Sonic game.

I think it looks like Generations 2.

And I love that.
I enjoyed Generations, so that's a good sign :)
Even if playstyle feels similar to Generations 1 when it releases, as long as the game is polished and well-made, I'll be happy haha.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I enjoyed Generations, so that's a good sign :)
Even if playstyle feels similar to Generations 1 when it releases, as long as the game is polished and well-made, I'll be happy haha.
I will say people are a bit worried about level design and music but that's something we'll have to wait on.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Considering how it looks very good in presentation so far, almost as great as mania imo (seriously, if that track they posted on twitter is going to be the main theme of the game then i'm completely on board for it)
Either way the only way we'll be able to tell for sure is when it comes out but I'll be on the edge of my seat for the time being

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Hmm...

No.

If they already found someone else who makes them happy. There's no reason I should interfere with that.
A lot of people (myself included) have been very mixed with what they've shown with Forces.

They confirmed we'll be getting tons of Forces news after Mania releases, so hopefully they'll show something that gets people's hopes up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom