• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
So about the latest Dragon Ball Super episode.
Why/how did Goku use his Super Sayian God form? I didn't watch the episode, so I'm confused.

Chrono.

So about the latest Dragon Ball Super episode.
Why/how did Goku use his Super Sayian God form? I didn't watch the episode, so I'm confused.
He hasn't yet, that's in the next episode.

We don't why yet. He could have simply not used it because Blue is stronger or because he can't actually use the Red form at will and still needs the trial (there's exactly 6 Saiyans in the ToP, but I doubt they would cooperate for this for a variety of reasons).

The manga goes with the interpretation that Red uses less stamina than Blue so Goku and Vegeta use it sometimes (mostly Vegeta, who likes to switch between both mid battle). But Red never showed up again in the anime ever since it was first introduced

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
He hasn't yet, that's in the next episode.

We don't why yet. He could have simply not used it because Blue is stronger or because he can't actually use the Red form at will and still needs the trial (there's exactly 6 Saiyans in the ToP, but I doubt they would cooperate for this for a variety of reasons).

The manga goes with the interpretation that Red uses less stamina than Blue so Goku and Vegeta use it sometimes (mostly Vegeta, who likes to switch between both mid battle). But Red never showed up again in the anime ever since it was first introduced
I think it is about speed. And to show Caulifla the form.
In the manga like you said it is used along Blue; the strategy against Zamasu was SSJG for movement and SSJB for attack and defense, as SSJG's stamina drain is way lower than SSJB, thus saving said energy to prevent the attacks in Blue lose power.
I think Dyspo's battle will require a lot of movement and not so much direct fighting, and to keep up, Goku will go God to last longer while remaining in a high speed tier.

Im sure he can access the form at will now, the question is if it still has a time limit.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I found a pretty good video that summarises the differences between the movement mechanics of the original three Crash games and the N. Sane Trilogy.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
"You're either with me, or against me" "Black and White"

You can hate Nazi's without supporting Anarcho Communists
Well, in Taiwan some people are even have problems with people ancestors original, not to an extreme but some take that very seriously... like if one of your grandparents is from China... then they will kind of be disturbed or don't even think you are a "true" Taiwanese...
I also despise how most "intelligent" Taiwan independence scholars keep spreading TI ideals and theories of trying to debunk the legitimacy of our current government, and always trying to deny the possibility of war if Taiwan Independent really happened... just sad..
Taiwanese are the ones should really need to understand that not all things are "black and white", people should respect each other and work together despite having different opinions.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think the whole world would be improved if everyone stopped seeing things in black and white.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think y'all just need to see that this world is more shades of gray than anything else.

500px-Full_Portrait_Gray.png

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Took me a while to register you were talking about the Tactician and not this guy.

How did I know there was at least a 70% chance they already had a Tactimon, LOL

That's definitely a pretty cool design though.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think y'all just need to see that this world is more shades of gray than anything else.

View attachment 132122
I actually agree since in urban city, many things are grey when comes to the streets and buildings.

I am also curious who that dude is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 132122
In the future, everything is Gray...
"Who doesn't love a strong man?"
Things this teaches us:
1-Memes can save lives
2-He truly is Number One
3-He's best anime villain

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This is just awesome
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
No you didn't, you're still a Knuckles, just like everyone else.

Forever Knuckles.

Unlike Sonic I don't. . .uh. . .

*EDIT* I've found this funny for years, just didn't have a punchline for the irony ready

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
What about that whole Pokemon thing? When's part 3?

Wasn't aware people still cared and since not everyone did part two...

Ah well.

For part three, you will explain how you will win against your rival. You will win. You are the hero after all.

Some guidelines though.

• All six Pokemon must be used.
  • Three of your four moves must be used for each Pokemon.
  • Remember to be creative.
  • Remember, real world applications.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just saw the new Dragon Ball Super episode.

RIP Gowasu, unlike the last Supreme Kai you were someone who understood the efforts of his warriors and respected their sacrifices to the end, you will be missed.

Hopefully the pendant doesn't hurt Gohan's drive throughout the next few episodes. It's definitely a depressing scenario, but he's also in the same exact position of someone fighting to keep his family and friends alive, I'd hate for him to lose it so soon after when he's starting to get more moments to shine in this arc.

I wasn't a fan.

Then again I think Agumon/Adventure are overused for nostalgia at this point.
I'm a bit more forgiving of that episode. I definitely do agree that Adventure is pretty overused at this point (it's basically Digimon's Kanto, though not quite as prevalent), but they were pretty subdued about it and to their credit they do try to work him in through a way that fits the show's universe. So at the end of it all it didn't stick out too much and ultimately it came off more as a fun fanservice episode with a cool fight rather then an episode overglorifying Adventure at the expense of Appmon just to make the former look good.

With all that said, I'd like for Digimon to give some love to other aspects of the franchise. Hacker Memory seems to picking up the slack a bit with its new Digimon, but it'd be nice to keep the focus off of Adventure for a bit.

So according to this, trials were a late addition to Sun and Moon and Ohmori basically did them himself....

What the hell were the planning to add to the game beforehand? It had to be rushed like rumors stated so they could get a switch title out.
Well that explains why Kommo-o's trial and Mina's presence were so lackluster, they probably were rushed in at the final moments. Hopefully USUM advances the concept and adds some tweaks and fixes because I'd hate for them to leave this generation without the idea being used to its fullest just to go back to the same old gyms again.

Speaking of that though, someone pointed this out on another forum, but from the sound of the interviewer it seems like GF may be planning something for Kanto in the near future since Masuda was a little shifty when he asked about it according to him. If it's true, I hope it's sequels as if they're going to do Kanto again at least give us something new out of it.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well. I made one part. Might as well do the rest of the script.
[Cut to a BLU Blaze firing a blast of flame from its Flamethrower. The Blaze thrusts its weapon in the air and says, "You can't escape me!" triumphantly as a chuckle heads towards it from off screen].

Blaze: "It is my respo--!" [Chuckle hits Blaze.]

[Cut to BLU Shadow taking a drink, also getting blown up by a rocket from off screen.]

[Cut to BLU Big performing the Froggy taunt.]

Big: "Froggy..." [Is hit by a crit chuckle, explodes]

["Meet the Knuckles" title card appears.]

[Cut to the Knuckles, drilling what appears to be a line of knuckleheads.]

Knuckles: "'If chuckling is sure to result in knuckling, then you must chuckle!' Knuckles & Knuckles said that, and I'd say he knows a little more [Knuckles pokes a knuckleheads' helmet] about chuckling than you do, Knuckles, because he chuckled it, and then he chuckled it so that no living Knuckles could best him in the ring of chuckle."

[Sonic 3 Knuckles Theme plays]

[Cut to the Knuckles holding his Chuckle Launcher and saying, "oh no".]

[The Knuckles then charges the final capture point in Pumpkin Hill with his knuckles and kills a BLU Shadow, who fires at him but misses. He switches to his Chuckle Launcher and a BLU Espio appears behind him, firing shirukens.]

RED Shadow: "Chaos..!"

Knuckles: "Chuckles!"

[The Knuckles turns to the left and fires a Crit Chuckle at the Espio, chuckling him.]

RED Vector: "The work of professionals, heh!"

RED Big: "Froggy..."

[The Knuckles, Vector and Big charge into battle together, as explosions occur all around them.]

[Cut back to the Knuckles' drill. Music pauses.]

Knuckles: "Then, Knuckles & Knuckles used his chuckle money...

[The Knuckles unhooks two Chaos Emeralds from his knuckles, one in each knuckle.]

Knuckles: ...to buy two of every Knuckles on earth, and then he chuckled them onto a boat...

[The Knuckles demonstrates by using the Chaos Emeralds, moving them in a walking motion.]

Knuckles: ...and then he beat the knuckles out of every single one."

[The Knuckles bangs the two Chaos Emeralds together repeatedly.]

[Cut back to battle scene. Music resumes.]

RED Sonic: (Behind cover) "You're too slow!"

[The Knuckles chuckles up to the Knuckles gun and chuckle jumps onto a knuckles, both destroying the Knuckles and killing the Tails in the process.]

[A BLU Big and Blaze are holding the final capture point. The Big is laughing gleefully. The Knuckles jumps downward, firing a Critical chuckle that lands just before he does. The explosion kills both the Big and Blaze. A Rogue uncloaks and attempts to backstab the Knuckles, but the Knuckles pulls out his Knuckles, swiftly knocking out the Rogue with it.]

[Freeze frame]

[Cut back to the Knuckles' drill]

Knuckles: [Chuckles to himself] "And from that chuckle forward any time a bunch of knuckles are together in one place it's called a 'meme'!"

[Crickets chirp as the 'knuckleheads' are revealed to be the knuckled heads of BLU team members chuckled on a gate, all wearing BLU Knuckles helmets. The Espio's head falls off the gate.]

[SSB4 Sonic Knuckles Victory fanfare plays.]

Knuckles: [To the Espio's head] "Unless it's a Sonic Twitter Account!"

EDIT: Aurane you killed the thread again you impossible *******.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Scrolling through YouTube and suddenly "SONIC MANIA FINAL BOSS FULL GAME PLAY" complete with thumbnail.

Luckily it didn't really show much and I skipped down past it but still, guess it's really getting to be time to stay wary.

Gonna have to find something to do tomorrow, maybe I'll play through the Classic Sonic games if I have the time.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Just saw the first episode of the new Duck Tales.

That. Was. Awesome!

I enjoyed that. It's off to a very good start IMO.

Ivander

Smash Legend
If there was another thing I also liked about the new Ducktales, it was the frickin' references. There were actually references to the old Ducktales, like the head of Armstrong the robot and Genie's lamp from the movie. But regardless, it was very good and I enjoyed it alot.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If there was another thing I also liked about the new Ducktales, it was the frickin' references. There were actually references to the old Ducktales, like the head of Armstrong the robot and Genie's lamp from the movie. But regardless, it was very good and I enjoyed it alot.
I didn't see too much of the show but I read a ****ton of Donald Duck comics for about a decade or so, and they captured the charm PERFECTLY! Donald, while still being hard to understand, is better than ever as he's not just angry all the time, and the show gives a potential reason why Donald's so overprotective.
It's implied the Nephew's mother died on an adventure that went wrong

Wasn't aware people still cared and since not everyone did part two...

Ah well.

For part three, you will explain how you will win against your rival. You will win. You are the hero after all.

Some guidelines though.

• All six Pokemon must be used.
  • Three of your four moves must be used for each Pokemon.
  • Remember to be creative.
  • Remember, real world applications.
Are we beating the rivals team with the team we made in part 2, Or beating the rivals team they made in part 2 with the team we started out with in part 1?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Are we beating the rivals team with the team we made in part 2, Or beating the rivals team they made in part 2 with the team we started out with in part 1?
You are going to use your team you made in part 1 to beat the team made for you to fight in part 2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom