• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The tonal shift that happens in season 3 of Yugioh GX is pretty jarring to watch.

I can't remember the dark af parts of this show; maybe they stopped airing it here before S3, I dunno. But it was pretty cool still, I can remember the duel against "the dude" using Yugi's deck and Alexis being the lovechild of Joey and Kaiba.

Chrono.

As someone who has only watched the first season(and I didn't even finish it), I have no idea how this children's card game got so serious.
WHAT CRIMES!?

GX was deginitely my favorite Yugioh though, everyone loves high school anime after all.
The only crime I ever commited is never bothering to watch it after TV networks stopped airing it here.

I recommend giving the JPN subbed version a watch one of these days. I think it holds up pretty well
I liked GX, and the tone shift in the later seasons were actually an interesting surprise. It sorta sucked that Season 4 didn't get dubbed.
That being said, is Yugioh still making lots of new mechanics like what happened with Zexal and that new one with Pendulum Summon? Cause that was something that really took me out was the fact that alot of game mechanics were being added without much explanation.
They just added Link Summoning which turned the entire meta upside down, to say the least.
I can't remember the dark af parts of this show; maybe they stopped airing it here before S3, I dunno. But it was pretty cool still, I can remember the duel against "the dude" using Yugi's deck and Alexis being the lovechild of Joey and Kaiba.
Oh yeah, that's super early into the series.

The more serious parts start halfway into season 1, but it doesn't go into "lolyourfriendsaredead" territory until season 3.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
ahhh GX my favorite anime where
the main character commits mass genocide
what a lovely show for children

D

Deleted member

I liked GX, and the tone shift in the later seasons were actually an interesting surprise. It sorta sucked that Season 4 didn't get dubbed.
That being said, is Yugioh still making lots of new mechanics like what happened with Zexal and that new one with Pendulum Summon? Cause that was something that really took me out was the fact that alot of game mechanics were being added without much explanation.
Last time I played Yugioh, Synchro Monsters were a new thing, alongside Tuners. It was really just a more complicated fusion system without the need of a spell card. Also, Spell Counters.
I think this was 5D? I just remember my Spellcastef deck being busted thanks to its ace being able to destroy any card in the field by discarding a spell card(and it being a spellcaster deck...), it actually won me a local tourney lol.

I don't know how the meta is now but I'm pretty sure Power Creep is a bigger issue than before(remember when 1500 Atk was good?)
I recommend giving the JPN subbed version a watch one of these days. I think it holds up pretty well
No subs. We watch it like men. Brazilian dub based on the 4Kids one, now that's what I kall kool

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Here's another hero in my (now unnamed) comic series.

Bio: Just a normal everyday vietnamese girl until one day she saves the life of an elderly french man. For saving his life he gave her a special backpack. This backpack is indestructible and can carry anything inside it, as long as the current holder can lift said object into the backpack. The backpack also will rapidly make anyone who attempts to steal it from its current holder feel nauseous and unable to function properly.

Ava has no super powers and is more or less the Robin to the protagonists Batman. Her hero name is Root because she roots around in the bag constantly.

D

Deleted member

Me: *makes a character more sympathetic*
Also me: *makes another character look like a **** as result*
This is why making evil villains who are evil for evil is way easier. Making everyone a **** doesn't make the other villains look good
Just a normal everyday vietnamese girl
Is she a farmer though? This is heavily important to the universe's matchups

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Me: *makes a character more sympathetic*
Also me: *makes another character look like a **** as result*
This is why making evil villains who are evil for evil is way easier. Making everyone a **** doesn't make the other villains look good

Is she a farmer though? This is heavily important to the universe's matchups

Nah she's a college student.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Brb watching GX to know why Jaden got heterochromia and then skipping to Arc V to know what Alexis/Asuka is doing there and why she became competent af.

Fam, looks like I missed a lot.

Chrono.

Brb watching GX to know why Jaden got heterochromia and then skipping to Arc V to know what Alexis/Asuka is doing there and why she became competent af.

Fam, looks like I missed a lot.
I'll say this much, the legacy characters in Arc-V are just there for fanservice and have nothing to do with their original counterparts outside of similar decks.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The official Sonic YouTube uploaded the intro to Mania earlier than intended due to the leaks.

I feel bad for them.
OOOOH GOD WHY

I literally just replied to someone asking me how my spoiler dodging was going and I said I was even gonna avoid the official upload of the intro animation on Monday.

BUT NOPE IT'S UP NOW.

Still not watching it but the thumbnail looks god tier.

Really am gonna disappear from the Internet though now. Twitter definitely won't be safe after this.

Just got listen to some Breath of the Wild OST before I go to sleep. :V

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Whenever someone says Sinnoh had good Gym Leaders and E4 members, I'll show them this image
View attachment 132046

So no inherit advantage against US heroes? A shame.

The Gym Leaders were fine though, as were three fourths of the Elite Four.

Plus Platinum fixed Flint's team anyway. :p

Chrono.

I couldn't resist and watched the intro.

It was amaaaaaazing.

Now for full spoiler avoiding mode.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Flint's better than Lance

2 dragonair's and a dragonite

Or hey, let's just fill my team with 3 dragonites

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Whenever someone says Sinnoh had good Gym Leaders and E4 members, I'll show them this image
View attachment 132046

So no inherit advantage against US heroes? A shame.

Flint just has a tendency to drag the rest of Sinnoh down with him through his type's sheer lack of presence.

I love Sinnoh and if they changed his team up in a remake I would shed no tears. Tortunator might be a good fit. Give the man some actual Fire types, something.

*EDIT* Flint was actually one of the better E4 members overall for actually crawling out of his cave, particularly in the same game he was introduced in instead of being promoted up from a Leader or Brain or wandering around after the fact. Had a personality on him too, the poor man just needs actual freaking Fire types.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Gym Leaders were fine though, as were three fourths of the Elite Four.

Plus Platinum fixed Flint's team anyway. :p
Doesn't fix Flint on his own and it shouldn't have been an issue to begin with
Who thought putting only two Fire types in the regional dex a good idea? It's like they made up the dex first and then the characters

Also
>Every single Sinnoh Gym Leader design
>Everyone but the old E4 lady, really
>Flint especially
I have no idea what you're even talking about.
It's alright, someone eventually will
Well that's enough people for part two.

Okay so...

Opossum Opossum
Erureido Erureido
Aetheri Aetheri
@Muteki Gwen
@Shishœ
Schnee117 Schnee117
A Distant Demon A Distant Demon
@Kirby Dragons

For the next part, I want you guys to pair up.

Pick your partners folks.
@Muteki Gwen
We need to fix our broken marriage through animal torture :^)
Flint's better than Lance

2 dragonair's and a dragonite

Or hey, let's just fill my team with 3 dragonites
There were literally two Dragon types in Gen 2.
Gen 4 had much more than 6 Fire Types.

Also, Lance doesn't have a stupid hair

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who thought putting only two Fire types in the regional dex a good idea? It's like they made up the dex first and then the characters

Also
>Flint especially

@Muteki Gwen

Dragonite, Charizard, Ampharos, Tyranitar, Aerodactyl, Gyarados or Kingdra.

Better team

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Gen 4 had some pretty cool trainer designs IMO. My favorites off the top of my head:
  • Lucian had cool hair, those glasses, and a classy, purple suit. Definitely one of my favorites in the series.
  • Flint has the funny afro, the baggy pants, sandals, and a yellow polo: but it fits his character: he's very laid-back and chill.
  • Aaron has a cool ahoge and a simple sleeveless, jacket that fits his nimble and carefree nature.
  • Roark has the simple coal miner outfit combined with glasses to give him a youthful and curious appearance.
  • Byron's beard combined with the cape-like coat and the tanktop show off his energetic personality quite well.
  • Candice has cool socks and a sweater
  • Volkner has a cool hairstyle + jacket
  • And I don't need to go into details as to why Cynthia's design is badass and fantastic overall.
I accept!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, I think Lance is secretly a closet Flying trainer and he's desperately trying to look like a Dragon Tamer

Aerodactyl, Gyarados, Dragonite

Something with them is similar and it's not dragon type

D

Deleted member

Volkner is literally Minato, you can't trick me into believing anything else
Dragonite, Charizard, Ampharos, Tyranitar, Aerodactyl, Gyarados or Kingdra.

Better team
Kingdra was already Clair's ace, Ampharos makes no sense and Tyranitar is a bit of a stretch tbh.
Pretty sure Tyranitar was supposed to be a secret considering Larvitar is in only one area of the game and no trainers use the line
Erureido Erureido I choose you.

You dissin' the Afro?

Someone needs to beat the devil outta ya

He looks like ****ing Ronald McDonald where's that panel from Kit's Nuzlocke when I need it

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Volkner is literally Minato, you can't trick me into believing anything else

Kingdra was already Clair's ace, Ampharos makes no sense and Tyranitar is a bit of a stretch tbh.
Pretty sure Tyranitar was supposed to be a secret considering Larvitar is in only one area of the game and no trainers use the line

He looks like ****ing Ronald McDonald where's that panel from Kit's Nuzlocke when I need it

Denryu

It's a pun

Ampharos is legit.

I don't see how Aerodactyl is any less a stretch than the others.

Edit: I wouldn't give him Kingdra just because it seems more like a Clair thing

Last edited:
Well that's enough people for part two.

Okay so...

Opossum Opossum
Erureido Erureido
Aetheri Aetheri
@Muteki Gwen
@Shishœ
Schnee117 Schnee117
A Distant Demon A Distant Demon
@Kirby Dragons

For the next part, I want you guys to pair up.

Pick your partners folks.
Well everyone else is gone so looks like im with dragons.

Man I always get picked last :X

Wound up going back to Persona 4 from Spin. Got my team back to their old level of 45 really fast, and now they are at an average of 45

Have a better Persona for Yu too. Im already at the recommended level, but will probably do one or two more and hope for the best.

PERSONA 4 YOU HAVE NOT BESTED ME YET AND I WONT LET YOU

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'll post another character from my comic. This time a villain.

Name: Clive Duncan
Bio: A young man and good friend of Mia and Ava. He gets kidnapped and tested on by a group of scientists. Through their meddling he gained the ability to regenerate wounds and come back from the dead. But with every reincarnation he became stronger, fiercer and more unstable. After hitting a number of reincarnations he lost everything that he was and came back as a demon lord known has "the Hellion."

Basically he's the reverse Vegeta.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll post another character from my comic. This time a villain.

Name: Clive Duncan
Bio: A young man and good friend of Mia and Ava. He gets kidnapped and tested on by a group of scientists. Through their meddling he gained the ability to regenerate wounds and come back from the dead. But with every reincarnation he became stronger, fiercer and more unstable. After hitting a number of reincarnations he lost everything that he was and came back as a demon lord known has "the Hellion."

Basically he's the reverse Vegeta.
Gave me the idea for a group of Chrismas villains named Mauldove Rahotter and Banedeer

D

Deleted member

Ampharos makes no sense
Makes more sense than Aerodactyl.
Ampharos' name in Japan literally translates to "electric dragon" and its Mega Evolution was even given the Dragon type.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well everyone else is gone so looks like im with dragons.

Man I always get picked last :X

Wound up going back to Persona 4 from Spin. Got my team back to their old level of 45 really fast, and now they are at an average of 45

Have a better Persona for Yu too. Im already at the recommended level, but will probably do one or two more and hope for the best.

PERSONA 4 YOU HAVE NOT BESTED ME YET AND I WONT LET YOU
ok so. . .

without anymore grinding
without even selling my current items for possibly better weapons/armor
without any more fusing
without any more social links
Without properly using my buff/sdebuffs for most of the fight
I got him down to like 7% HP

LOL

then he did 2 stages out of 3 for his shell that makes him invulnerable in one turn, feared the whole team, and then reformed. I probably could have beat him, but I dont have enough time to go through another shell, and then do all the cutscenes

I need sleep

tomorrow I can beat him if I get decent RNG and some prep, and realize who has what buffs/debuffs. All that complaining for nothing. I cant wait to beat this game to get to other ones.

Like the entire Switch console and Persona 3

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Also
>Flint especially

@Muteki Gwen

?

Literally every Sinnoh Gym Leader design was fantastic, and the only Elite Four member with a somewhat silly one is Flint because Ronald McDonald lol.

Also yay Aetheri picked me.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
How's it going guys? I've got a question. My older brother plans on buying the PS4 Destiny 2 Limited bundle. I have no idea when it comes out but he said once he gets that, he'll lend me his PS4 to take to go back to campus. So I'm taking his word that the Destiny 2 PS4 edition will ptobably release sometime in the fall.

With that being said, would anyone recommend games for the PS4 that I could look into? One I've already decide to get is Tales of Berseria, Toukiden 2, maybe debuting The Evil Within and The Last of Us s second time are possibilities. Any genre is appreciated.

Truth be told, I was thinking of posting this in the PlayStation 4 / What game should I get stickies in the Light House but don't think they seem to be active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom