• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Just change the thread title to "Spoiler Mania" already. :V

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Swamp's game:
  • Karrablast (Hates my other Pokémon and wants to run the show by himself. Swords Dance/Megahorn/Scary Face/Screech)
  • Dewpider (Observant, friendly, and curious. Mirror Coat/Aqua Ring/Protect/Leech Life)
  • Fletchinder (Fast-paced and competitive, likes flying around and getting ahead of himself and everybody else. Acrobatics/Flare Blitz/Flame Charge/Fire Blast)
  • :095: (Completely obedient and only wants to serve me, but a little cocky. Stone Edge/Iron Tail/Roar/Dig)
  • :178: (Highly intelligent and good at problem solving. Will do things herself if she can't get anyone else in line. Psychic/Air Slash/Roost/Calm Mind)
  • :039: (Naïve and a bad listener, floats around a lot. Sing/Dazzling Gleam/Heal Pulse/Drain Punch)
Puff's my ace.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Generation 2 introduced the two most useless pokemon evolution lines

:177::178: and :187::188::189:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's really happening now.

knucklesohno.mp4

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
This is boring! I sure wish they'd give us the release date for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 soon, but to me it seems like we'll have to wait another month or two for that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Reached Zora's Donain
I don't know why people were saying this game lacks the charm of previous ones, ****, this part is being really sad.
I mean, this is whole thing moves fast but the elders blaming Link for what happened to Mipha is understandable, they lost their Princess in a failed attempt to destroy Calamity Ganon.
The memory was also pretty tragic, at this point, we already know Mipha is dead so seeing her chat with Link is just tragic.
Also, I love Mipha's VA, how come anyone think she's bad?

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
Hahahahahah

Hahahahahahahahah

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

https://streamable.com/yxast

I can hear the thunder of ruffled genwunners in the distance already. I better get my schadenfreude in before it's too toxic to handle.
So...rumors that he will be involved in Sonic Mania confirmed? :V

Okay I was trying to avoid Mania spoilers but holy ****.

Proceed with caution.
The Chemical Plant Act 2 boss is literally MEAN BEAN MACHINE

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is boring! I sure wish they'd give us the release date for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 soon, but to me it seems like we'll have to wait another month or two for that.
That will probably come after or just before Super Mario Odyssey comes out.

Reached Zora's Donain
I don't know why people were saying this game lacks the charm of previous ones, ****, this part is being really sad.
I mean, this is whole thing moves fast but the elders blaming Link for what happened to Mipha is understandable, they lost their Princess in a failed attempt to destroy Calamity Ganon.
The memory was also pretty tragic, at this point, we already know Mipha is dead so seeing her chat with Link is just tragic.
Also, I love Mipha's VA, how come anyone think she's bad?

I agree, Zora's Domain is one of my favourite parts of the game, and one of my favourite storylines in all of Zelda.

Unfortunately, in terms of raw depth and interesting scenarios, you only have downhill to go from here. Zora's Domain is the exception and not the rule when it comes to the main story. For the most part, the other champions have much less engaging stories and their civilisations have less immediate peril to deal with. The other champions also just don't have the personal connection to Link that Mipha has (whom I'd argue feels more naturally connected to Link than even Zelda despite having very little screen time).

I like Mipha's VA a lot as well, it's really soothing and makes her feelings seem all the more genuine. Her line delivery is a bit awkward at times but that's because she's trying to sync to Japanese mouth movements and has less of an over the top personality compared to other characters, so it's more noticeable.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Welp, we can expect the GameXplain review and discussion on Sonic Mania pretty soon.

EDIT: Tweet may have been deleted, but The Great Clement is friends with Derrick from GameXplain on PSN and posted a tweet that showed that Derrick was currently online playing Sonic Mania on the PS4.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Welp, we can expect the GameXplain review and discussion on Sonic Mania pretty soon.

EDIT: Tweet may have been deleted, but The Great Clement is friends with Derrick from GameXplain on PSN and posted a tweet that showed that Derrick was currently online playing Sonic Mania on the PS4.
lol Guess that means Ash won't be doing it after all.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Actually before I forget...

When do digital releases on the Switch typically go live?

Asking because my PS4 copy of Sonic Mania will be obtained through the Collector's Edition, so it likely won't arrive for release day. I also have the Steam version pre-ordered, but I don't want my first playthrough to be on my laptop. I would like a portable version of the game anyway so I don't mind forking out for the Switch version on launch day, and if it releases at midnight then even better.

Chrono.

Actually before I forget...

When do digital releases on the Switch typically go live?

Asking because my PS4 copy of Sonic Mania will be obtained through the Collector's Edition, so it likely won't arrive for release day. I also have the Steam version pre-ordered, but I don't want my first playthrough to be on my laptop. I would like a portable version of the game anyway so I don't mind forking out for the Switch version on launch day, and if it releases at midnight then even better.
It usually updates at 9am PST/12 PM EST.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
god damn it, where can I find these spoilers
NeoGaf has a Sonic Mania leak discussion thread; I've been checking there.

I was considering this game, but these leaks have sold me on it. I'm definitely going to get it day one now.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
At least they didn't spoil that the reason he goes fast is not because he wants to, but because no one else will.

.....OH ****.
Am I allowed to reference Sonic '06 for my excessively philosophical plodding analysis of Sonic the Hedgehog?

"If you have time to worry, then run."

He runs away from his insecurities and fears, refusing to let himself stop knowing that if he does, they'll slowly but surely catch up. Dull overthinking rant etc. etc.

god damn it, where can I find these spoilers

*EDIT* I may have been ninja'd, but at least I went the extra mile this time.

Last edited:

Chrono.

The tonal shift that happens in season 3 of Yugioh GX is pretty jarring to watch.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
The tonal shift that happens in season 3 of Yugioh GX is pretty jarring to watch.

Lol you're totally right.
GX was a fun show for me growing up. Weak English dub aside, I appreciated the concept and the different storylines. My opinions are probably much different now, but when I was growing up this was my favorite Yu-gi-oh franchise series.

Chrono.

Lol you're totally right.
GX was a fun show for me growing up. Weak English dub aside, I appreciated the concept and the different storylines. My opinions are probably much different now, but when I was growing up this was my favorite Yu-gi-oh franchise series.
It's always been my favorite. Despite growing up with the original series, GX (the dub specifically) is what really got me into the actual game. I've been on and off into it ever since.

I'm watching the Japanese version for the first time (aside from season 4, which I had already watched many years ago, but I'm still rewatching it).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Taking a break from freaking out about Sonic Mania, Smash modders sometimes make cool things sometimes.

D

Deleted member

As someone who has only watched the first season(and I didn't even finish it), I have no idea how this children's card game got so serious.
WHAT CRIMES!?

GX was deginitely my favorite Yugioh though, everyone loves high school anime after all.
The only crime I ever commited is never bothering to watch it after TV networks stopped airing it here.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
As someone who has only watched the first season(and I didn't even finish it), I have no idea how this children's card game got so serious.
WHAT CRIMES!?

GX was deginitely my favorite Yugioh though, everyone loves high school anime after all.
The only crime I ever commited is never bothering to watch it after TV networks stopped airing it here.

The original manga is very dark. lol

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am now curious what happens if I hack cosplay Pikachu into a male

Huh,

Edit: I figured. They didn't have a male model. It's the female model

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's always been my favorite. Despite growing up with the original series, GX (the dub specifically) is what really got me into the actual game. I've been on and off into it ever since.
I liked GX, and the tone shift in the later seasons were actually an interesting surprise. It sorta sucked that Season 4 didn't get dubbed.
That being said, is Yugioh still making lots of new mechanics like what happened with Zexal and that new one with Pendulum Summon? Cause that was something that really took me out was the fact that alot of game mechanics were being added without much explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom