• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have a fun game guys!

It's a three part game so everyone pay attention to the rules. I'll post the second part of the game when enough people accomplish the first part.

We're gonna make a team of Pokemon, apply some real world aspects to them and think about movesets.
1. Go to Bulbapedia and hit random page. Your goal is to get a Pokemon for your team. Keep pressing random until you get an article about a certain Pokemon. It can be the main species page, it can be a TCG artilce, Battrio card, whatever. Point is, the article has to discuss ONLY one Pokemon. If the article is about a non Pokemon, episode or chapter, press random and ignore it. Note, you will not be allowed to get Legendary/Mythical Pokemon. If you find one, ignore it and move on.

2. Do this six times until you have six Pokemon for your team. If you get a repeat, ignore it and move on.

For example, I have done this and my team ended up being...

• Quilava
  • Metang
  • Volcarona
  • Diglett (Standard Form)
  • Spheal
  • Grovyle
NOTE: You should not purposely seek out starters. I just happened to get lucky and get two of them. Then again I got unlucky and got Diglett. You'll see why that might be an issue in a bit.

3. Next think about what personalities each of your Pokemon will have. This may seem trivial but trust me its important for what I have planned. And by personalities, I don't mean natures like the games. I mean how they interact with each other and yourself. Also, determine a sex if the species has one. You may nickname your team if you like.

• I imagine Quilava would be the determined sort. Ready to battle at any time and with a will that refuses to give up, even if he should. Good heart overall, but stubborn. Male.
  • Metang would be a big of a goof. Happy mood usually and always helpful to those around him. Tough when he needs to be though. No sex.
  • Volcarona is the super serious one. No time for joking around, it wants to battle and will do so effectively. It might come off as a bit cold but cares deep down. Female.
  • Diglett is the person who doesn't know they're small. She just keeps on trucking while constantly getting herself into dangerous situations. However, though her own skill and occasional dumb luck, she proves to be successful. Female.
  • Spheal is the baby of the group. Newly hatched from its egg, it isn't too experienced in battle but shows great potential. Spheal loves to be cuddled and prefers being babied over battling. Male.
  • Grovyle is the cool guy of the group. He tries to make himself seem cool at every opportunity, unfortunately he tries a bit too hard at times. The rest of the team see him as more of a goof than anything. Still, he pulls his weight in battle and has talent. Male.
4. Okay. Now for the hard part. You have to determine your team's moveset. However, instead of going for a moveset you would use for a game, think about real world applications. Earthquake, Surf or Discharge might hurt the opponent greatly but it could also hurt the trainers and surrounding people and Pokemon. Meanwhile, weaker moves like Vine Whip and Smokescreen might have more practical applications. For example, one could use Smokescreen to escape an enemy attack and plan surprise attacks or use Vine Whip to prevent a Pokemon from moving about.

Also, keep in mind any non attack abilities any Pokemon have. For example, Metang and Volcarona can fly and Quilava can ignite parts of its body with ease. We aren't limited to ingame restrictions here.

You will be able to teach your Pokemon any move they can learn. This includes egg moves, TMs, HMs, tutor moves, etc.

My moves will be...

Quilava: Smokescreen/Flamethrower/Swift/Wild Charge
Metang: Meteor Mash/Zen Headbutt/Psychic/Brick Break
Volcarona: Fiery Dance/Bug Buzz/Hurricane/String Shot
Diglett: Dig/Shadow Claw/Sucker Punch/Rock Tomb
Spheal: Ice Beam/Water Pulse/Rollout/Yawn
Grovyle: Leaf Blade/Leaf Storm/Dragon Breath/Leech Seed

Some thoughts I had while making my team.

• I tried to avoid moves that could cause serious damage to the environment or opposing trainer overall. Unfortunately, Volcarona has almost nothing but those, so I decided that Volcarona would be the equivalent to my team's nuker. Only used when times are tough and I REALLY need to extra power.
  • You can see that several Pokemon have physical and special attacks. I tried to make sure most of them could deal with threats up close and at a distance.
  • I avoided status buff moves as I feel they might be too risky in a real world application. Quiver Dance and Hone Claws almost made the list, but I opted for other things instead.
  • Moves like Smokescreen, Swift, String Shot, Dig and Leech Seed were chosen for what I consider potential real world applications.

5. Finally, chose your team's ace. Which Pokemon will be the one people know you by? I think I'm gonna have to go with my Volcarona.

That's all for now. The rest of the game will be done in part two.

I apologize if its a bit long folks, but I feel it could be a super fun game with a bit of imagination. Give it a shot if you want.
Three fully evolved Pokémon, three first form Pokémon. Pretty good type mix too, though heavy on the Poison side.

Tentacool - Waterfall, Poison Jab, Confuse Ray, Knock Off
Cyndaquil - Flamethrower, Smoke Screen, Quick Attack, Extrasensory
Weedle - Poison Sting, Bug Bite, String Shot
Victreebel - Power Whip, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Growth
Zebstrika - Wild Charge, Flame Charge, Double Kick, Thunder Wave
Dodrio - Brave Bird, Roost, Return, Steel Wing

Tentacool - Male. Detached and aloof. Calm on the surface, but sadistic in battle, as if unleashing its full power. Probably loves poffins.

Cyndaquil - Female. Spunky and outgoing among friends, but frightened when left alone. Frail, but makes good roasted marshmallows.

Victreebel - Female. Showy and flamboyant in battle, and often thinks it's much stronger than it is. Not that she isn't powerful, but she doesn't know her limits. Yearns to be a Contest Star.

Zebstrika - Male. Proud of its power and doesn't get along with others that aren't its trainer. Occasionally disobeys orders. Hurt Weedle and it'll kill you, probably.

Weedle - Female. The Load. Rescued out of pity as a baby. The heart of the team and acts as a mascot, and can String Shot things in a pinch. Attached to Zebstrika.

Dodrio - Male(s). The team ace. Fiercely protective of its trainer after it was rescued as a Doduo. Its bond is recognized by it knowing Return. Stoic. Stares often.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
How on earth could I suddenly develop Asthma after 23 years of norlt having it?
Its not a commonly known fact but yes, you can develop asthma at any age. This is called, "late onset asthma".
um, wait. Can lung pain come and go as it pleases? because for some reason, I dont feel the pain anymore but I feel some will say still get it checked. just to be safe?
Yeah this is defiantly asthma. I know it. I get this **** all the time.

But don't take my word for it because I could be wrong. If you're body isn't working the way its meant to, a visit to the doctor is never a bad idea.

EDIT: I've been listening to Danger at the Disco and watching my signature for the past ten minutes.

I should probably stop.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Been watching a good bit of Mario + Rabbids gameplay footage. I've been noticing in a number of batttlefields is that there are balls with Rabbids faces on them keep on bouncing on a platform in the background.

What the heck is that suppose to be or mean?

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I have a fun game guys!

It's a three part game so everyone pay attention to the rules. I'll post the second part of the game when enough people accomplish the first part.

We're gonna make a team of Pokemon, apply some real world aspects to them and think about movesets.
1. Go to Bulbapedia and hit random page. Your goal is to get a Pokemon for your team. Keep pressing random until you get an article about a certain Pokemon. It can be the main species page, it can be a TCG artilce, Battrio card, whatever. Point is, the article has to discuss ONLY one Pokemon. If the article is about a non Pokemon, episode or chapter, press random and ignore it. Note, you will not be allowed to get Legendary/Mythical Pokemon. If you find one, ignore it and move on.

2. Do this six times until you have six Pokemon for your team. If you get a repeat, ignore it and move on.

• Quilava
  • Metang
  • Volcarona
  • Spheal
  • Grovyle
NOTE: You should not purposely seek out starters. I just happened to get lucky and get two of them. Then again I got unlucky and got Diglett. You'll see why that might be an issue in a bit.

3. Next think about what personalities each of your Pokemon will have. This may seem trivial but trust me its important for what I have planned. And by personalities, I don't mean natures like the games. I mean how they interact with each other and yourself. Also, determine a sex if the species has one. You may nickname your team if you like.

• I imagine Quilava would be the determined sort. Ready to battle at any time and with a will that refuses to give up, even if he should. Good heart overall, but stubborn. Male.
  • Metang would be a big of a goof. Happy mood usually and always helpful to those around him. Tough when he needs to be though. No sex.
  • Volcarona is the super serious one. No time for joking around, it wants to battle and will do so effectively. It might come off as a bit cold but cares deep down. Female.
  • Diglett is the person who doesn't know they're small. She just keeps on trucking while constantly getting herself into dangerous situations. However, though her own skill and occasional dumb luck, she proves to be successful. Female.
  • Spheal is the baby of the group. Newly hatched from its egg, it isn't too experienced in battle but shows great potential. Spheal loves to be cuddled and prefers being babied over battling. Male.
  • Grovyle is the cool guy of the group. He tries to make himself seem cool at every opportunity, unfortunately he tries a bit too hard at times. The rest of the team see him as more of a goof than anything. Still, he pulls his weight in battle and has talent. Male.
4. Okay. Now for the hard part. You have to determine your team's moveset. However, instead of going for a moveset you would use for a game, think about real world applications. Earthquake, Surf or Discharge might hurt the opponent greatly but it could also hurt the trainers and surrounding people and Pokemon. Meanwhile, weaker moves like Vine Whip and Smokescreen might have more practical applications. For example, one could use Smokescreen to escape an enemy attack and plan surprise attacks or use Vine Whip to prevent a Pokemon from moving about.

Also, keep in mind any non attack abilities any Pokemon have. For example, Metang and Volcarona can fly and Quilava can ignite parts of its body with ease. We aren't limited to ingame restrictions here.

You will be able to teach your Pokemon any move they can learn. This includes egg moves, TMs, HMs, tutor moves, etc.

My moves will be...

• I tried to avoid moves that could cause serious damage to the environment or opposing trainer overall. Unfortunately, Volcarona has almost nothing but those, so I decided that Volcarona would be the equivalent to my team's nuker. Only used when times are tough and I REALLY need to extra power.
  • You can see that several Pokemon have physical and special attacks. I tried to make sure most of them could deal with threats up close and at a distance.
  • I avoided status buff moves as I feel they might be too risky in a real world application. Quiver Dance and Hone Claws almost made the list, but I opted for other things instead.
  • Moves like Smokescreen, Swift, String Shot, Dig and Leech Seed were chosen for what I consider potential real world applications.

5. Finally, chose your team's ace. Which Pokemon will be the one people know you by? I think I'm gonna have to go with my Volcarona.

I apologize if its a bit long folks, but I feel it could be a super fun game with a bit of imagination. Give it a shot if you want.
I got a team mostly filled with basic-stage Normal-types as well as three fully-evolved Pokemon.

The team:
Zangoose
Aggron
Talonflame
Ursaring
Yungoos
Hoothoot

Movesets:
Zangoose: Quick Attack, X-Scissor, Crush Claw, Close Combat
Aggron: Iron Head, Smack Down, Iron Defense, Automize
Talonflame: Brave Bird, Roost, Flame Charge, Agility
Ursaring: Hammer Arm, Thrash, Bulk Up, Shadow Claw
Yungoos: Hyper Fang, Yawn, Crunch, Rest
Hoothoot: Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Aerial Ace, Steel Wing

Personalities:
Zangoose: Short-tempered and generally aggressive. It's also very competitive, believing that it needs to score as many knock outs as possible in order to prove itself, hence why all of its attacks are physical moves. It has a rivalry going on with Ursaring, mainly because it sees the latter as a stronger individual. Zangoose spends a lot of time training by scratching and beating up nearby trees.

Aggron: The team ace. Despite its looks, Aggron is a surprisingly calm Pokemon and generally not quick to anger unless something REALLY ticks it off. It contemplates battle strategies and general life goals. In battle, it focuses on sharpening its Defenses so that it can withstand most hits while fighting back with a strong attack like Iron Head.

Talonflame: The scout of the team. It generally likes to fly around the skies and look for anything of interest, whether it'd be food for the team, an upcoming foe, or weather patterns. Upon being summoned from its Pokeball, its first instinct is to fly around for a brief period to time. When interacting with others, it can be shy at times, but it also knows when it's necessary to put up a brave front.

Ursaring: It's very competitive with Zangoose, but that's mainly because the latter keeps talking about how it will surpass Ursaring in terms of winning more knock outs. Ursaring gets annoyed by Zangoose's constant declarations, thinking the latter needs to tone it down. Ursaring already thinks of its itself as very strong, thus not training hard as Zangoose does.

Yungoos: A voracious eater who just loves to eat. Because of its eating habits, it tends to doze off very quickly, hence why it knows the moves Yawn and Rest.

Hoothoot: A careful analyzer who likes to watch its surroundings. It tends to join Aggron on its meditation sessions, sometimes helping it by looking around to make sure nothing interrupts Aggron's deep moments of thought.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Been watching a good bit of Mario + Rabbids gameplay footage. I've been noticing in a number of batttlefields is that there are balls with Rabbids faces on them keep on bouncing on a platform in the background.

What the heck is that suppose to be or mean?
It means those Rabbids need to get their balls checked but that's none of my business.

This isn't even tea.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Zuko - Zuko had a interesting character arc throughout Book 1, 2, and 3. He's not what I would consider a villain by your question's standards, but is an example of what I would find forgiveness tolerable. I could understand his attitude back then, from when he was way back young. It was when he was in a strategy meeting and he got severely punished for speaking out by his own father. So Zuko hence forth was finding the Avatar just so he could return home. Throughout Book 2 and his relationship with Iroh, his motives began to be questioned. Should he find the Avatar like his father demanded? Or should he carve out a destiny for himself? I speak specifically Book 2 because of his struggle with that, and his conversation and connection with Katara. Only to back-stab them both Azula persuaded Zuko with something he'd been wanting for a three years.

In Book 3, he slowly starts to realize that earning his father's respect isn't what he truly wanted. Through stories of his ancestors and struggles, he decided to betray his father and join the Avatar. But it was no easy quest from there. Once he found where the Aang and his friends, he was initially berated. He had to go earn their trust, and as difficult as a task it may be, he successfully accomplished it. By preventing Combustion Man from sneaking up the group; he was able to save their lives, but he didn't stop there. He also to change Aang, Sokka and Katara and their entire opinion of Zuko. Aang was able to learn fire-bending and discover a much more hidden truth to its source and history; Sokka was able to regain back his father, his girlfriend, and the rest of his tribesmen and everyone else he thought he lost during the failed invasion. And Katara was able to finally find the one who've taken her away from the Water Tribe. And in the end? He was forgiven and trusted, and proven that he changed.

This is an example of what I will find forgiveness tolerable; as much as I dislike Zuko. His arc was interesting, and that's all I'll ever say about him.

I wanted to say Light Yagami or Lelouch Vi Britannia because I find them both unforgivable but I wasn't sure if there was a scene where their forgiveness is unacceptable. What I will say though is that they're victims of the classic story of what happens when too much power can get to the best of us. It's been a while since I've watched both animes, so I'll just put this story down below that I think should summarize my thoughts on both of them.

Once upon a time, there was a hero born with a goal to change the world. Advantaged with special powers, and determination to save the world of those who wronged it, he took up arms to against evil villains and inspired many to do the same. And soon, everyone came to love and support this hero. At the climax of the great and intensive events, this hero has proven to overcome these ordeals, risking his very life in order to become a hero of justice and benevolence. Everyone just bursting with joy and happiness, and all hoped the cycle of deeds would last for years to come.

However...

There was a dark side to that hero as well. Power proved to be too overwhelming, and the hero didn't want to let any of it go. As it grew, it eventually became an addiction. The hero betrayed friends, families, loved ones and murdered rivals, and more innocents at the very cost for more power. The hero turned back on everything he stood for in his quest for more power, and the more he gotten, the worse, more arrogant, cruel, and sinister he became. In the end, the hero became the thing he hated. He became a tyrant he promised to defeat. Everyone was intimated by the tyrant's wrath, and so began a new hero to rise up and strike him down.

EDIT: I forgot to add Akechi in. He's a sociopath I find unforgivable. Though I don't think he was really written to be forgivable anyways. He's still a worse version of Leon Magnus.
idk, I can forgiv Akechi because he was nothing but a puppet for his dad

His dad is the real unforgivable one
Its not a commonly known fact but yes, you can develop asthma at any age. This is called, "late onset asthma".

Yeah this is defiantly asthma. I know it. I get this **** all the time.

But don't take my word for it because I could be wrong. If you're body isn't working the way its meant to, a visit to the doctor is never a bad idea.

EDIT: I've been listening to Danger at the Disco and watching my signature for the past ten minutes.

I should probably stop.
Damn, if that is rbeally what I developed whenever I get checked, I wonder how I got it.Maybe the rabbit but I wonder if stress can cause it

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I have a fun game guys!

• Quilava
  • Metang
  • Volcarona
  • Spheal
  • Grovyle

My moves will be...

Sure...

Cyndaquil-Determined and eager to get stronger, though it does fail a lot despite how hard she tries. Looks up to Lycanroc. Female.

Lycanroc Midnight-Team ace. Always looking to better itself and those around her. Not afraid to back out of a fight. Extremely loyal to her trainer and looks after the team. Female.

Furret-Likes to play and is good friends with Cyndaquil. But is fiercly competitive in battle. A bit of a glutton and may steal food if given the opportunity....especially from Doduo. Male.

Smeargle-A bit of a loner and would rather go off and do its own thing and paint than train. Passionate about what he does and is appreciative of compliments. Male.

Doduo-Very energetic and never likes to sit still. Has quite the temper and angers easily. Especially if you touch his food. The two heads tend to fight a lot and may blame eachother when Furret steals its food. Male.

Graveler-Proud of his hardened body and can be a bit of a show-off. May pick on Cyndaquil at times but never in a harsh way. Like a brother treats its younger sibling. But will also defend Cyndaquil like a big brother in an 'only I can pick on Cyndaquil!' sort of way. Male.

Cyndaquil-Smokescreen, Ember, Tackle, Will-O-Wisp

Lycanroc-Counter, Rock Tomb, Bite, Taunt

Furret-Surf, Cut, Headbutt, Theif

Smeargle-Sketch, Psychic, Shadow Sneak, Faint Attack

Doduo-Rage, Agility, Drill Peck, Fury Attack

Graveler-Rock Throw, Rollout, Dig, Brick Break

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I have a fun game guys!

• Quilava
  • Metang
  • Volcarona
  • Spheal
  • Grovyle

My moves will be...

Yungoos: Easily angered and highly aggressive. Will bite you if you look at him funny. Super Fang, Crunch, Revenge, U-turn
Bellsprout: Can't focus on things easily as she's easily distracted. Worry Seed, Toxic, Attract, Energy Ball
Ace, Tympole: Cheery and enjoys getting headpats. Does his best to receive headpats as rewards. Hyper Voice, Flail, Sludge Wave, Earth Power
Lotad: Relaxed and enjoys having siestas, but will get cranky if woken up. Zen Headbutt, Rain Dance, Scald, Energy Ball
Mantyke: Surfer dudette. Aqua Ring, Water Pulse, Tailwind, Mud Sport
Slugma: Lonely as she wants to be hugged but obviously can't and feels bullied by all them ****ing water types. Flame Burst, Ancient Power, Infestation, Earth Power

I ****in hate my team

D

Deleted member

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
I like your idea
Though do UBs count as Legendary? I'll ignore them since their existence would mean even more complications
-Psyduck(Golen): too tired of everything and everyone, just wants a nap. Needs the explanation twice. Doesn't get the jokes. (Male)
Ability: Damp
Moveset: Water Gun/Psychic/Ice Beam/Calm Mind
Uses: preventing random Geodudes explosions is much more useful irl. Ice Beam is concentrated and also helps when you need a cold drink, Psychic and Water Gun are utility and Calm Mind is for his own good. Outside-battle utility role.

-Snover(Shoko): wants everyone to just be friends, hates infighting. Will kick your ass if you threaten her friends. Stealthy. Cool in both senses. (Female)
Ability: Soundproof(I am NOT dealing with a snowstorm 24/7)
Moveset: Mist/Razor Leaf/Ice Shard/Wood Hammer
Uses: Mist allows for her to stay hidden, Razor Leaf and Ice Shard go great with it for sneak attacks and Wood Hammer if I need more dakka. Appearence allows for hiding in the snow and disguising as trees. Assassin-like role. Also the team ace so she's an Aceassin

-Kangaskhan(Angela): resident team mom, literal and figuratively. Once punched a ghost so hard it died again. No team dad so she makes the dad jokes. Cubones creep her out. Baby will share her food. (Female)
Ability: Scrappy
Moveset: Hyper Beam/Crunch/Brick Break/Return
Uses: The powerhouse, she wrecks **** up and she does it good. HB is for, again, just in case. Everything else is for her to wreck moderate ****. Can also carry others in her bag and it's comfy. DPS role

-Toxapex(Roxas): emo teen, only doesn't cut himself because he physically can't. Big ass Tsundere. Crushes on Dark types. (Male)
Ability: Regenerator
Moveset: Protect/Toxic/Recover/Scald
Uses: this is just a competitive set, yes, but having a Tank like Toxapex will definitely help the team. Also, the trainer can hide inside the "bunker" to protect themselves. Tank role

-Unown(Qwerty): **** this guy in particular. No one likes him. ****ty personality. Actually a *****. Sassy in nature and personality. (Sex=Useless)
Ability: Levitate
Moveset: Hidden Power
Uses: I have no idea what this would allow him to do. Guess I can grab him and hope he can carry me over a cliff. Zoidberg role

-Huntail(Elizabeth): picked the WRONG scale. Hyperactive, do not feed sugar to. Will fight you but doesn't know why. KNOWS HOW TO KEEP A GODDAMN SECRET, QWERTY. (Female)
Ability: Swift Swim
Moveset: Rain Dance/Surf/Waterfall/Dive
Swift Swim, Surf and Rain Dance will allow her to basically be the ship of them team while also allowing for some combat if necessary. Mobility role.
Zuko - Zuko had a interesting character arc throughout Book 1, 2, and 3. He's not what I would consider a villain by your question's standards, but is an example of what I would find forgiveness tolerable. I could understand his attitude back then, from when he was way back young. It was when he was in a strategy meeting and he got severely punished for speaking out by his own father. So Zuko hence forth was finding the Avatar just so he could return home. Throughout Book 2 and his relationship with Iroh, his motives began to be questioned. Should he find the Avatar like his father demanded? Or should he carve out a destiny for himself? I speak specifically Book 2 because of his struggle with that, and his conversation and connection with Katara. Only to back-stab them both Azula persuaded Zuko with something he'd been wanting for a three years.

In Book 3, he slowly starts to realize that earning his father's respect isn't what he truly wanted. Through stories of his ancestors and struggles, he decided to betray his father and join the Avatar. But it was no easy quest from there. Once he found where the Aang and his friends, he was initially berated. He had to go earn their trust, and as difficult as a task it may be, he successfully accomplished it. By preventing Combustion Man from sneaking up the group; he was able to save their lives, but he didn't stop there. He also to change Aang, Sokka and Katara and their entire opinion of Zuko. Aang was able to learn fire-bending and discover a much more hidden truth to its source and history; Sokka was able to regain back his father, his girlfriend, and the rest of his tribesmen and everyone else he thought he lost during the failed invasion. And Katara was able to finally find the one who've taken her away from the Water Tribe. And in the end? He was forgiven and trusted, and proven that he changed.

This is an example of what I will find forgiveness tolerable; as much as I dislike Zuko. His arc was interesting, and that's all I'll ever say about him.

I wanted to say Light Yagami or Lelouch Vi Britannia because I find them both unforgivable but I wasn't sure if there was a scene where their forgiveness is unacceptable. What I will say though is that they're victims of the classic story of what happens when too much power can get to the best of us. It's been a while since I've watched both animes, so I'll just put this story down below that I think should summarize my thoughts on both of them.

Once upon a time, there was a hero born with a goal to change the world. Advantaged with special powers, and determination to save the world of those who wronged it, he took up arms to against evil villains and inspired many to do the same. And soon, everyone came to love and support this hero. At the climax of the great and intensive events, this hero has proven to overcome these ordeals, risking his very life in order to become a hero of justice and benevolence. Everyone just bursting with joy and happiness, and all hoped the cycle of deeds would last for years to come.

However...

There was a dark side to that hero as well. Power proved to be too overwhelming, and the hero didn't want to let any of it go. As it grew, it eventually became an addiction. The hero betrayed friends, families, loved ones and murdered rivals, and more innocents at the very cost for more power. The hero turned back on everything he stood for in his quest for more power, and the more he gotten, the worse, more arrogant, cruel, and sinister he became. In the end, the hero became the thing he hated. He became a tyrant he promised to defeat. Everyone was intimated by the tyrant's wrath, and so began a new hero to rise up and strike him down.

EDIT: I forgot to add Akechi in. He's a sociopath I find unforgivable. Though I don't think he was really written to be forgivable anyways. He's still a worse version of Leon Magnus.
I haven't watched Code Geass but didn't Lelouch basically make look like he went mad with power on purpose so Suzaku could kill him and unite the world?
I ****in hate my team
I love my team but my hatred towards Qwerty surpass your hate for your entire team so I win.
Seriously, **** Qwerty

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Pretty much. Actually if I remember, at the near ending he was assassinated by Suzaku on purpose and they were planning about it during too. He's an example of the story below that post in the best non spoiler way possible.

Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo
That's fine. Pretty much Akechi is some one you can forgive or not forgive. He has a pretty equal amount of fans from what I've witnessed. While I can't forgive him, I can understand why he was the way he was. It's also disappointing because as much of a scum Shido is (and as hype as his Char Anzable cosplay via same JP voice actor alongside being on Titantic), he didn't really felt much worse. I am looking forward to seeing Akechi break dance in the dancing P5 game though.

Edit: I'll admit that there is ambiguity in how you can see Akechi. You can see him as a tragic hero or a villain. While I prefer a villain, there is as much validity as seeing him as a tragic hero.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I have a fun game guys!

• Quilava
  • Metang
  • Volcarona
  • Spheal
  • Grovyle

My moves will be...

Crobat "Gotham" - Cross Poison/Acrobatics/Leech Life/Confuse Ray
Gabite "Larfleeze" - Dragon Claw/Dig/Outrage/Double Edge
Steelix "Solid" - Iron Head/Earthquake/Crunch/Stone Edge
Hawlucha "Narvaez" - Flying Press/Acrobatics/X-Scissor/Karate Chop
Walrein "Tusk" - Crunch/Aqua Ring/Hail/Ice Beam
Salazzle "Morrigan" - Toxic/Venoshock/Flamethrower/Captivate

Gotham is the "leader" of sorts so to speak. He's very serious and studious and often takes the scout role due to his capability to fly around very quickly and quietly. When it comes to fights he's capable of delivering quick yet devastating attacks. confuse Ray is a great benefit all around

Larfleeze is a hoarder and will collect anything shiny that he finds. He is very protective of his hoard and will fly into an absolute rage if anything goes missing and hunt the culprit down. In combat he is very competent but also loses himself in rage at times.

Solid is the powerhouse of the team due to his immense size and weight coupled with his physical movepool. Very quiet but wise, he knows how much force to use for each opponent as he is aware that if he goes all out then he would cause serious harm to more than his foe. The ace of the team.

Narvaez is a cocky showoff that thinks he's cool yet often fails. Nonetheless he binds the team together with charisma. In combat he needlessly adds more flair to his attacks. This can however be an advantage as it allows for spectacular dodges and throws opponents off.

Tusk is very much slow on the uptake and very lazy preferring to whittle opponents down with hail over time whilst keeping some minor healing up. Should an opponent get close however Tusk will lash out surprisingly quickly to devastate them with his tusks. The "Sloth" of the team, he has little time for Narvaez's antics.

Morrigan is the seductress of the team, the femme fatale. She is generally very rude to others and loves to play pranks on others through captivating them. This is utilised in battle when she uses this to distract male foes before she delivers a vicious Toxic+Venoshock combo. She prefers to finish battles quickly.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I'd say go to the doctor but you're American so you'd have to pay for it.
Well I mean, id rather not die, but well I mean, you know you get it

But In general I have an extreme hatred for doctors and hospitals. I normaly pass up doctors and fight through the pain. Me hating docters with a burning passion is the only thing stopping me

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was looking at the stuff they added to Starcraft 2 since I stopped playing and it looks all super cool

I wish I still had my Battle.net account, because otherwise I'd have to buy all 3 games

D

Deleted member

EOV is confirmed to release October 15th in the US.
I expected late October and hoped for early October so I guess they balanced each other out.
Only two months, Shisho, you can take it, demo probably comes as soon as October 1st.
Get ready to out me on ignore because I'll be either only talking about it or ******** about how I can't play it for a whole month at the very least

D

Deleted member

aTLUS I SWEAR TO THE ****ING oVERLORD
I don't know if it's the pun or the word salad title that makes me more angry
Good, the furry art in Splatoon 2 are gone.
Two questions:
1-Why was there furry art in it, squids ain't mammals
2-What do you have against furries? Did they ever do something to you? I'm not a furry I just have friends who are but at least I'm not a coward who calls my fursonas "spirit animals"

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Two questions:
2-What do you have against furries? Did they ever do something to you? I'm not a furry I just have friends who are but at least I'm not a coward who calls my fursonas "spirit animals"

Not against furries

I was getting annoyed that was the ONLY stuff appearing in the community drawings

D

Deleted member

**** WHAT THE ACTUAL **** THERE'S NO ATLUS TAX IN EOV I GET ALL THAT COOL **** FROM THE LAUNCH EDITION FOR FREE
WHAT THE ACTUAL ****
Daddy Atlus swimming in so much Persona cash they decided to give other games a break
Not against furries

I was getting annoyed that was the ONLY stuff appearing in the community drawings
So you're a furrycist? Let the furries express themselves!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Really pleased with the teams I've seen so far.

That said, I'll wait a bit more for more people.

I'd like at least 1 more person to play.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Two questions:

1) its started as a back and forth fight between one person saying no more furry pictures and then people started posting furries out of spite

2) It kinda ruined the splatfest for me personaly. I used to laugh at all the clever pictures but At that time I only saw this dumb furry vs anti-furry war

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wonder what McLeodGaming has in store at Smash Con. We already got a hint that Yoshi is getting a resprite.

I already know we won't get any character reveals.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
OH! Disney's making their own streaming service btw to rival Netflix, so by 2019, everything Disney owns on Netflix will disappear (Except Daredevil to Defenders, Netflix owns those shows as much as Disney does) and Disney will make 3 streaming services
A Disney one
A Marvel one
A Star Wars one
y'know, the more people who try to rival Netflix, the less appealing the streaming industry becomes

Oh, and KHIII will not have any Marvel or Star Wars worlds

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Discovery took down their stuff from Netflix some years ago for their own streaming thing and I used to love watching Mythbusters on Netflix

What's the point of 3 different services though? Why not just add them together into one

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
OH! Disney's making their own streaming service btw to rival Netflix, so by 2019, everything Disney owns on Netflix will disappear (Except Daredevil to Defenders, Netflix owns those shows as much as Disney does) and Disney will make 3 streaming services
A Disney one
A Marvel one
A Star Wars one
y'know, the more people who try to rival Netflix, the less appealing the streaming industry becomes

Wait so they're getting rid of the Big Hero 6 world??

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nope. Oddly enough they aren't counting it as Marvel. Probably because people only know the Pixar film and not the actual comics
There is a mistake here.

I'll let you figure it out.

Or Psycho can be awesome and do it anyways.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait so they're getting rid of the Big Hero 6 world??
That never counts. Disney never acknowledges the Marvel side of it and the film is so far removed from the source material that it's basically it's own thing. Combine that with the fact that Marvel never does anything with the property and it seems likely that Disney just transferred the rights to the IP to their main division from Marvel. That's my theory, anyway.

They literally never group Big Hero 6 with their Marvel stuff, only the Disney stuff, hence why Baymax appears in the Parks in areas where Universal's hold on Marvel's theme park rights are still held, or why Disney Infinity grouped them with the Disney Originals and not Marvel.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It wasa pretty lame way to kill him off.

What are the potential leaks?
Aaron Taylor-Johnson may or may not have been spotted on set. The images were to blurry to completely tell.

It could also be completely fake.
Then again it could easily just be a flashback. Though Iron Man getting a hole in his chest again could point at some time warping.

D

Deleted member

Wonder what McLeodGaming has in store at Smash Con. We already got a hint that Yoshi is getting a resprite.

I already know we won't get any character reveals.
I hope they readd Final Smashes becase I want to see Isaac's and if they changed Mega Man's.
Also, I don't know if it's just me but I've been having severe speed issues with SSF2, before the update it was fine but now I can't play properly ob the lowest quality. I think it might be due to how the uodate was sort of rushed out though it might also just be that my PC can't take it anymore.
A Disney one
A Marvel one
A Star Wars one

I had heard about it but 3 streaming services? God this is stupid. And it'll likely cost at least 5 dollars each, what the hell will they out on the Star Wars one? 8 movies, two series and... that's it?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hope they readd Final Smashes becase I want to see Isaac's and if they changed Mega Man's.
Also, I don't know if it's just me but I've been having severe speed issues with SSF2, before the update it was fine but now I can't play properly ob the lowest quality. I think it might be due to how the uodate was sort of rushed out though it might also just be that my PC can't take it anymore.

I had heard about it but 3 streaming services? God this is stupid. And it'll likely cost at least 5 dollars each, what the hell will they out on the Star Wars one? 8 movies, two series and... that's it?

They could put the old Ewok movies, the Droid cartoon and the Ewok cartoon

The Christmas special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom