• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/...oming-to-the-nintendo-3ds-eshop-this-november

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney inbound for the 3ds at last

Meanwhile in Japan:

Ffs if I got into AA a year later Apollo Justice would be hella cheaper.
FUN FACT: A copy of Apollo Justice cost me more than the rest of the franchise at a whopping 50 euros

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow, I wish I had the lifestyle where I could just take multiple vacations around the world a year. Can't even take one.

Watching videos of someone on Youtube and in a period of weeks he's already gone to 2 vacations in different countries

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Here is some footage of Cordelia in Fire Emblem Warriors.

She looks super fun to play.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just got messages on my PS3 from someone I don't know who wanted to talk to me because he/she was bored and asked what my age was.

Of course, I blocked him/her, but still, that was freaking weird.

D

Deleted member

Icons will never dethrone Smash for one reason...

It lacks the Allmighty: :4luigi:
It also lacks All Might :4falcon:
Didn't Mordred say Arthuria that she wanted to be king during her reveal? Or at least, she did in the novel. Usually when you want to reveal yourself as someone's son and want them to love you, you don't say to them that you want to be in charge.

Also, reason people didn't know Arthuria was a girl was because Merlin actually did change her into a boy from time to time, hence how Mordred happened as Morgan Le Fay took the necessary stuff from Arthuria when she was a boy at the time. Not to mention before her Apocrypha design, Mordred looked much more like Arthuria, including the bun hairstyle.

If pic fails:
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.ne...aterial.png/revision/latest?cb=20121216005739
https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.ne...rmour_f.png/revision/latest?cb=20150904084921

Much like how Morgan Le Fay got changed.
Morgan before.

http://i.imgur.com/6BfK5zJ.jpg

Morgan now apparently.

http://i.imgur.com/aiqwCKF.jpg

Now normally, I would've done a huge sigh at the thought of Morgan also looking like Arthuria, but compared to Nero and Okita, Arthuria and Morgan do have the same mother and I can see the possibility of being a bit similar look-wise. I am okay with this.

That aside, very happy with my Athena that I got from the Celica/Lilina Banner. I'm also very pleased with the Training Tower Refresher. So very satisfying to get the enemy types I want without having to waste AP. Now gotta also get ready to do some Overwatch for the new skins. Must. Have. Reaper and Mercy skins!
I had read that segment of the novel(since it showed up on my feed) and yes, she did. Mordred even recognizes that it might've been due to her rushing things. Though she asks "so you won't recognize me as your son?" and Arturia doesn't even bother replying. Like, at least show some tact.

Ah yes, the "Merlin gave Artoria a **** so she could produce a heir and take out any suspicions of her being a woman but Morgan enchanted her and took her sperm to impregnate herself and give birth to Mordred" ****post. I say ****post but it's actually canon. Because that's what the Nasuverse is, a huge ass ****post.

I do like the new redesign Mordred was given, helps to differentiate her from Altria and fits her well.

Also, question: why does Mordred insist on not being called a woman? Is there any reason for it?
I just got messages on my PS3 from someone I don't know who wanted to talk to me because he/she was bored and asked what my age was.

Of course, I blocked him/her, but still, that was freaking weird.
Should have just answered that yoj're a 831-year old Highlander, though I guess that'd make them want to decapitate you...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It also lacks All Might :4falcon:

I had read that segment of the novel(since it showed up on my feed) and yes, she did. Mordred even recognizes that it might've been due to her rushing things. Though she asks "so you won't recognize me as your son?" and Arturia doesn't even bother replying. Like, at least show some tact.

Ah yes, the "Merlin gave Artoria a **** so she could produce a heir and take out any suspicions of her being a woman but Morgan enchanted her and took her sperm to impregnate herself and give birth to Mordred" ****post. I say ****post but it's actually canon. Because that's what the Nasuverse is, a huge *** ****post.

I do like the new redesign Mordred was given, helps to differentiate her from Altria and fits her well.

Also, question: why does Mordred insist on not being called a woman? Is there any reason for it?

Should have just answered that yoj're a 831-year old Highlander, though I guess that'd make them want to decapitate you...

I (or rather, my sister) said basically that I didn't want to talk with them in French. It didn't work so we just did what I said before.

Il y a des gens qui devraient lire un livre plutôt que parler avec des étranger sur le PSN.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Okay so here's a fun fact. If you see a minigun float into the air in TF2, you probably shouldn't bump into it, because apparently, it will launch you straight into the air and kill you.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I gotta say, Cordelia in Warriors looks incredibly fun. Possibly my second favorite on the current roster (mainly because we haven't seen Frederick fight but still).

It also definitely makes me think we won't get Hinoka. She has tons of twirly moves that would have fit Hinoka well, so I think it came down to her and Cordelia, and the latter made the cut. I still think we'll get Caeda, though, mainly because she could also use a sword to, oddly enough, differentiate her more from Cordelia. That and I doubt we'd get less than three Shadow Dragon characters, even if they give it less than Awakening and Fates. RIP Wing Spear once again though.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Bit of an odd opinion but not a bad one.

Now if you said AAI1, then it'd be a bad one.
It's not my personal favourite but what? AAI1 is fantastic.

Definitely contender for best soundtrack in the series at least. Sprite work was fantastic too.

I gotta say, Cordelia in Heroes looks incredibly fun. Possibly my second favorite on the current roster (mainly because we haven't seen Frederick fight but still).
Her Triangle Adept 3 is pretty great.

We've seen Frederick fight, unfortunately he's pretty lackluster though.

:V

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It also definitely makes me think we won't get Hinoka. She has tons of twirly moves that would have fit Hinoka well, so I think it came down to her and Cordelia, and the latter made the cut. I still think we'll get Caeda, though, mainly because she could also use a sword to, oddly enough, differentiate her more from Cordelia. That and I doubt we'd get less than three Shadow Dragon characters, even if they give it less than Awakening and Fates. RIP Wing Spear once again though.
Cordelia is neat and all, but if she replaces Hinoka... c'mon.

That said, I don't think it'll kill us to have two spear using pegasus riders.

I mean we got tons of sword wielding lords and they're all fairly unique.
The general opinion is that its the worst game in the series.

Granted its still pretty great, but its not winning any popularity contests.

I'm inclined to agree AAI1 is the worst for a few reasons. Mainly plot and character development. AAI2 fixes most of my issues with it.

Plus that last witness is urgh...

Definitely contender for best soundtrack in the series at least. Sprite work was fantastic too.
Those are the best parts about it yeah. I love its cornered theme in particular.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Her Triangle Adept 3 is pretty great.

We've seen Frederick fight, unfortunately he's pretty lackluster though.

:V
Damn it all.

Fixing that now, haha.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
First I've heard of this. I've only heard it praised as one of the best.

The two contenders for worst game I've always heard are AA4 and, to some really diehard fans, the Layton crossover.

I agree with the former myself.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, MyNintendo points expire at the end of this month.
Honestly, MyNintendo was so disappointing, Club Nintendo worked perfevtly and allowed me to get a bunch of VC games I'd never have bought myself.
Also, whenever points would expire, hou were rewarded by accumulating them with the Gold/Platinum ranks that allowed you to get a free prize at the end of it.

Now I have 92 Gold points and over 2600 normal points and nothing to spend them on. I wish I could have at least used these on some Switch rewards but 5 bucks say they are waiting for the current points expire.
Cordelia is neat and all, but if she replaces Hinoka... c'mon.

That said, I don't think it'll kill us to have two spear using pegasus riders.

I mean we got tons of sword wielding lords and they're all fairly unique.

Granted its still pretty great, but its not winning any popularity contests.

I'm inclined to agree AAI1 is the worst for a few reasons. Mainly plot and character development. AAI2 fixes most of my issues with it.

Plus that last witness is urgh...

Those are the best parts about it yeah. I love its cornered theme in particular.
Lance Pegasus is always Lance Pegasus and share the same animations
Sword Lords only really carry the same class name and each have their own animations to differentiate them

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"Oh hey I have five orbs in Heroes. Let's try for Celica."

Tfw you get the wrong five star red mage.
Well, I have Sanaki now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, Investigations 1 didn't sell well at all and the last case is infamous for dragging on for too long
The sales have nothing to do with anything. Especially with Ace Attorney where none of the games are particularly great sellers.

I don't recall the last case feeling too long either.

D

Deleted member

Doesn't have to be though.
It is though, Lance Pegasus have always been the same, Sword Lords change each game.
Even more that FEW only bases it around the DS games where the Awakening and Fates animations are basically the same

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It is though, Lance Pegasus have always been the same, Sword Lords change each game.
Even more that FEW only bases it around the DS games where the Awakening and Fates animations are basically the same

If I'm not mistaken, Swamp's point is that because Fire Emblem Warriors is a game in a different genre to a standard Fire Emblem game, they don't need keep arbitrary limitations the actual Fire Emblem games deal with it.

The only reason characters in the actual Fire Emblem games share animations based on class is because they have limitations with the hardware to deal with (especially in the sprite-based games), making it difficult to make characters feel distinct. You also don't directly control units in combat so those animation quirks wouldn't be conveyed through gameplay either. There's also the fact that you only have a handful of attack animations anyway (Echoes did a bit more here but still).

None of that applies in FE Warriors because it's a Musou game. They have a lot more freedom to make characters feel distinct, even if they share the same class. Using Cordelia and Hinoka as an example, Cordelia is a highly skilled warrior with a lot of pedigree lore wise, and that's reflected in her refined finesse in how she fights. Her attacks are pretty direct and she seems to excel at aerial juggling. Hinoka is a lot more brash and hot-blooded than Cordelia is, which could easily be translated to her own unique fighting style. Have her do reckless things like hang off the side of her pegasus while it spins around and she holds her spear out (I mean she's got the thighs for stunts like that :V), or stuff like that. Cordelia would excel at juggling and one-on-one combat, while Hinoka would excel more at crowd control and would have more raw power.

This is the same developer that made three versions of Link feel entirely distinct from one another, even though two of them used a sword and shield for their default sets. There's no reason why they can't make two different characters with different personalities have their own fighting styles even if they were to have the same weapons.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
ahhh hinoka a character whos presence amounts to hoshido having an equal number of siblings to norh...because lets be real remove her from the game and nothing changes story wise

hinoka getting in is a sign they ran out of intresting characters but didnt want to go back on only having the three games

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Unless you play on the xbox one it's a no go.
Oh, too bad...
I don't I will ever play Overwatch on consoles, PC is basically my go on playing games. If I have one... I only have my laptop and it's not really good. It sure can run Overwatch but I don't know if it's the CPU or the drive it will stutter randomly... some times it locks are 30fps or it will sometime hiccup a lot where it bounces from 5-20 fps which will drive you mad. Recently I am in rage when the problem seems to get way worse and I am having a "losing streak gloom" with my Overwatch plays... playing Lucio doesn't help since well... can't boop the ball well and there was on match my ping got unusually high... sometimes model doesn't even show at all when the match starts, which gives me a straight disadvantage. Basically is everybody is invisible, I can't attack them and when I get killed I couldn't even know who and how they killed me when the kill cam is a laggy gameplay too...

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon

Here is some footage of Cordelia in Fire Emblem Warriors.

She looks super fun to play.
Not bad. Had a bit of an idea that she'd fight like that. A flier actually does sound kinda fun Tbh.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
ahhh hinoka a character whos presence amounts to hoshido having an equal number of siblings to norh...because lets be real remove her from the game and nothing changes story wise

hinoka getting in is a sign they ran out of intresting characters but didnt want to go back on only having the three games
You say this as if the story related characters are the most interesting ones in Fates.

D

Deleted member

If I'm not mistaken, Swamp's point is that because Fire Emblem Warriors is a game in a different genre to a standard Fire Emblem game, they don't need keep arbitrary limitations the actual Fire Emblem games deal with it.

The only reason characters in the actual Fire Emblem games share animations based on class is because they have limitations with the hardware to deal with (especially in the sprite-based games), making it difficult to make characters feel distinct. You also don't directly control units in combat so those animation quirks wouldn't be conveyed through gameplay either. There's also the fact that you only have a handful of attack animations anyway (Echoes did a bit more here but still).

None of that applies in FE Warriors because it's a Musou game. They have a lot more freedom to make characters feel distinct, even if they share the same class. Using Cordelia and Hinoka as an example, Cordelia is a highly skilled warrior with a lot of pedigree lore wise, and that's reflected in her refined finesse in how she fights. Her attacks are pretty direct and she seems to excel at aerial juggling. Hinoka is a lot more brash and hot-blooded than Cordelia is, which could easily be translated to her own unique fighting style. Have her do reckless things like hang off the side of her pegasus while it spins around and she holds her spear out (I mean she's got the thighs for stunts like that :V), or stuff like that. Cordelia would excel at juggling and one-on-one combat, while Hinoka would excel more at crowd control and would have more raw power.

This is the same developer that made three versions of Link feel entirely distinct from one another, even though two of them used a sword and shield for their default sets. There's no reason why they can't make two different characters with different personalities have their own fighting styles even if they were to have the same weapons.
It'd still be two Pegasus using Lances which, when you have a dozen more classes and different weapons for then that could be used, makes it feel pointless. Doesn't help that Hinoka and Cordelia have the same color palette, which IS a big deal if the only thing that'd be different about them is how they swing their spear.

I could see Hinoka as a Kinshi Knight though, if they want to get creative about it.
You say this as if the story related characters are the most interesting ones in Fates.
What you mean? Corrin was such a well-rounded and developed character, and Garon was such a great villain! "DIE!" is my favorite quote from any game I ever played, it truly represents mt feelings towards the plot! :^)

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
All this Ace Attorney talk makes me want to actually get into the series sometime, as it seems like a series that I'd enjoy.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm trying to think up a super hero name for someone that can create clouds and has minor powers of wind and rain.

Basically I'm changing my Thunderhead superhero into something without electric powers as having 2 is kinda over kill.

D

Deleted member

Mordred is a trans man this is like literally canon why do Japanese writers don't ****ing realise they're writing trans characters
I'm trying to think up a super hero name for someone that can create clouds and has minor powers of wind and rain.

Basically I'm changing my Thunderhead superhero into something without electric powers as having 2 is kinda over kill.
Stormy
Stormhead
Galehead
Stormgale?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sometimes some strange stuff pops up on Facebook.

Blowhard.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Ah yes, the "Merlin gave Artoria a **** so she could produce a heir and take out any suspicions of her being a woman but Morgan enchanted her and took her sperm to impregnate herself and give birth to Mordred" ****post. I say ****post but it's actually canon. Because that's what the Nasuverse is, a huge *** ****post.

Well, it does fit with what Arthuria did say to her on the fated battle, "Never once did I say I hate you."
Coming from the one who was willing to have a cruel death and be hated by everyone.

Also, believe it or not, it wasn't for an heir. Merlin actually did it for gits and shiggles. So believe it or not, yeah, it was a ****post that ultimately backfired.
That being said, I also remembered that Gawain knew her true gender(at least, I believe it was him, Merlin, Kay, Ector, Morgan, Lancelot and Guinevere who knew her gender beforehand. The other knights, like Agravain, didn't learn until after Lancelot and Guinevere were exposed) and actually stood in for her sometimes as well. Considering how Gawain looks somewhat like Prototype Arthur, it checks in.

I can't remember the reason at the moment. Ummmm......like father, like son? Maybe Morgan had something to do with it? I can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom