• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
From a character standpoint alone, smash is obviously going to be played by more people are recognized more regardless of it's quality. Having the Nintendo characters is going to appeal more than someone's OC's.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Icons will never dethrone Smash for one reason...

It lacks the Allmighty: :4luigi:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The ARMS update is out; turns out it's just a balance update (but there will be a new fighter in the next update, it seems).

Guess what we did get, though? Actual patch notes. A full set of actual patch notes. Read 'em and weep, Smash folks. :p

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26377

The update in short: rip double Bubb spammers in ranked mode, now you'll have to actually hit people to get that rush up quicker. Still not sure what some of the notes mean in practice, but I guess I'll figure them out eventually.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Icons didn't catch my attention on its first trailer

Brawlout's first trailer did, however.
Indeed, Brawlout looks way more attractive, some can say it has a bigger budget and better polish than Icons, but it simply looks fun; from the pretty scenarios to to the minimalist characters, it is fluid instead of blueprinting Melee and tweaking stuff like Icons.

Brawlout is a good step to more Smash-genre games imo.
Icons is just crippled Melee with awkward character designs atm, so I hope they improve by using the constructive feedback they received.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The ARMS update is out; turns out it's just a balance update (but there will be a new fighter in the next update, it seems).

Guess what we did get, though? Actual patch notes. A full set of actual patch notes. Read 'em and weep, Smash folks. :p

The update in short: rip double Bubb spammers in ranked mode, now you'll have to actually hit people to get that rush up quicker. Still not sure what some of the notes mean in practice, but I guess I'll figure them out eventually.
Started using the Megawatt more lately and now it gets buffed...

I also replaced the Hydra with the Ramram, and it's retraction speed got buffed, which was one of the main issues I had with it...

T-bird still goes unnoticed...good...

I also like how they adjusted how the rush gauge fills, since it's less rewarding to just mindlessly spam punches for no reason...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Master Mummy got faster.

Today is a good day.

Chrono.

Man, a lot of folks are expecting the Pokemon Switch RPG to be this huge BOTW-level game and oh boy. Many will be disappointed.

I really need to get done with my backlog so I can play some ARMS

Sounds like they are only improving the game as time goes on too . . . buff spring man

3DS backlog got cleared last week, but I haven't really had time to get back into Persona 4 yet to clear that. Unless something goes wrong I will have plenty of time tomorrow I suppose.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Indeed, Brawlout looks way more attractive, some can say it has a bigger budget and better polish than Icons, but it simply looks fun; from the pretty scenarios to to the minimalist characters, it is fluid instead of blueprinting Melee and tweaking stuff like Icons.

Brawlout is a good step to more Smash-genre games imo.
Icons is just crippled Melee with awkward character designs atm, so I hope they improve by using the constructive feedback they received.
Is Icons the one made by the project M peeps?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The talk of a new console Pokémon is making want a revival of the first console attempts: Colosseum & XD: Gale of Darkness.

I miss Shadow Pokémon.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm very excited for Sonic Mania. It's only a couple days away :colorful:

What stage are you all looking forward to playing the most? I'm excited to try out every stage, but I'd say that I'm most excited for the new stages and the remixed Chemical Plant.

Last edited:

Chrono.

What stage are you all looking forward to playing the most? I'm excited to try out every stage, but I'd say that I'm most excited for the new stages and the remixed Chemical Plant.
I'm looking forward to... Nothing at all.

To clarify, I'm playing the game mostly blind so I just want to be surprised.

All of them

. . .okay that's cheating, so i'll just say anything from sonic 2 and 3.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So apologies if this is abrupt, but I thought this was worth sharing here.

https://www.gofundme.com/fighting-back-against-years-of-pain

Some of you might recognise @Delzethin as a YouTube content creator that has been featured on this site a bunch of times. He's also been a member of this here community.

Long story short (full details behind the link), he's had some serious back/spinal problems for the last few years that have kept worsening and he hasn't had the funds to get it properly treated. So he needs help getting the funds.

I figured since he's posted around here a bunch of times, it's only right that word about this reach here, since maybe some of you know him more than I would and would want to donate. So please do that if you can.

And for full transparency, I did try to donate, but the site kept giving me an error and wouldn't accept my card. Tried to log onto my online banking to see if something happened to my funds, but the site isn't working. Hopefully I can get this fixed tomorrow and make my donation then. For now, spreading the word is all I can do.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Correct. I HATE the Dallas Cowboys far more than anyone can ever imagine.
Yeah, I thought so. I don't have the Cowboys as much as the Patriots, but I still won't be likely to root for them in most matchups. I don't really have a problem with the team itself at all, but the front office and large amount of bandwagon fans cause me to be turned off. If there were less bandwagoners, I'd probably like them a lot more since they're rivals with my 2nd most hated team in Pittsburgh.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Curious to see what stages from Sonic 3 they pull from. Hoping for Hydrocity Zone, with a lovely Act 2 remix by Tee Lopes.

In terms of new stages, I'm really looking forward to Studiopolis. A movie themed level is something I would never have thought of.

Chrono.

Some of you might recognise @Delzethin as a YouTube content creator that has been featured on this site a bunch of times. He's also been a member of this here community.

Long story short (full details behind the link), he's had some serious back/spinal problems for the last few years that have kept worsening and he hasn't had the funds to get it properly treated. So he needs help getting the funds.

I figured since he's posted around here a bunch of times, it's only right that word about this reach here, since maybe some of you know him more than I would and would want to donate. So please do that if you can.

And for full transparency, I did try to donate, but the site kept giving me an error and wouldn't accept my card. Tried to log onto my online banking to see if something happened to my funds, but the site isn't working. Hopefully I can get this fixed tomorrow and make my donation then. For now, spreading the word is all I can do.
Yo this sucks, I can't really donate at this very moment but once I'm able to I'll be sure to do it.

Hope he can reach his goal.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Curious to see what stages from Sonic 3 they pull from. Hoping for Hydrocity Zone, with a lovely Act 2 remix by Tee Lopes.

In terms of new stages, I'm really looking forward to Studiopolis. A movie themed level is something I would never have thought of.
Studiopolis looks AWESOME. It's probably going to be my favorite stage because of how unique the level type is. Like...no other Sonic level has a movie theater theme. This is innovative at the core.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Oh Delzethin. He was an old buddy of mine from the Krystal support thread. I don't have the proper funds to donate anything, but I'll be praying for him.

With that being said, I disappear now.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I'm running a bit low on money, but I'm making sure to spread the word.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DGwihuWU0AItnPz.jpg

If I quit pokemon go it's going to be because of stuff like this. 0 HP, 0 Time, Network Error. Refused to give me the win

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh, Apocrypha Ep6, so that's why people complain about Jackie's design

Arturia is such a bad dad like what, Mordred was looking so pure with happiness when she found out she was the King's son/daughter but she just ****ing turns her back to Mordy with those shadowed-hentai-protagonist-eyes of hers.
Sidenote: how the **** does anyone believe that she's a dude? Is the entirety of England blind?
Didn't Mordred say Arthuria that she wanted to be king during her reveal? Or at least, she did in the novel. Usually when you want to reveal yourself as someone's son and want them to love you, you don't say to them that you want to be in charge.

Also, reason people didn't know Arthuria was a girl was because Merlin actually did change her into a boy from time to time, hence how Mordred happened as Morgan Le Fay took the necessary stuff from Arthuria when she was a boy at the time. Not to mention before her Apocrypha design, Mordred looked much more like Arthuria, including the bun hairstyle.

If pic fails:
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.ne...aterial.png/revision/latest?cb=20121216005739
https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.ne...rmour_f.png/revision/latest?cb=20150904084921

Much like how Morgan Le Fay got changed.
Morgan before.

http://i.imgur.com/6BfK5zJ.jpg

Morgan now apparently.

http://i.imgur.com/aiqwCKF.jpg

Now normally, I would've done a huge sigh at the thought of Morgan also looking like Arthuria, but compared to Nero and Okita, Arthuria and Morgan do have the same mother and I can see the possibility of being a bit similar look-wise. I am okay with this.

That aside, very happy with my Athena that I got from the Celica/Lilina Banner. I'm also very pleased with the Training Tower Refresher. So very satisfying to get the enemy types I want without having to waste AP. Now gotta also get ready to do some Overwatch for the new skins. Must. Have. Reaper and Mercy skins!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I was watching we bare bears today and they had one line that completely caught me off guard but was pretty funny.

So the plot of the episode was that as babies, the bears end up at this carnival where a man promises to help them find a home if they can be won from his game.

Grizz figures out the game is rigged and that they'll never be adopted and gets into a fight with the man who tries to cover grizz's mouth and stop him.

A crowd gathers wonder how to handle the situation and one woman goes:

"Is this stranger danger?"

I laughed so much at that line. The show has some really clever writing.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

"Trained Barq to get up quicker"

There's even some light humour in the patch notes.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914