• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What do they have against Canada?
Nintendo headquarters is in my state, and Canada has been smogging up this state with their fire. Nintendo is closer to Canada so they must have it worse

Chrono.

Curious new Megaman artwork found in the MM8 section of the Gallery in MMLC2.
As you can see, it's very new artwork. Definitely made post MM10.

I'm guessing it's concept art of a scrapped game that just kinda flew under the radar. Makes no sense as to why it's in the MM8 section.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Windstar

Banned via Warnings

I'm guessing it's concept art of a scrapped game that just kinda flew under the radar. Makes no sense as to why it's in the MM8 section.
Hmmmmm...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm still trying to decide if I should go for Celica or Sonya for the TT bonus or keep my Orbs for Hero Fest. For the former, it'll make my life a lot easier in TT as I farm Orbs and Seals and I wanted both of those characters for a while, but with the latter it has Ninian and Genny at a boosted rate, both characters of which I want for my team. So I'm not sure which one I should go for since even with them showering us in Orbs, it's still pretty finite if the RNG isn't in my favor.

Never thought Nintendo would make me regret getting my Hyrule Edition New 3DS XL....
I feel your pain, I'd love to get this myself, but I can't double-up on my 3DS.

Well, looks like Duskroc is better then both versions of Lycanroc already:

They clearly want to make this form top tier. :p
Eh, only Accelrock is worth getting and as of right now the only benefit it has over Midday is Tough Claws boosting it as we still don't have stats, so it's still close to them until we learn more. If they really want to spoil it though, give it Midday's speed, Midnight's defenses, and an actual movepool and then it can say it's the superior Sunkist wolf.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
For a moment I thought you meant the other Monolith.
The one that is releasing my most anticipated game in 2017... yeah. It's easy to get mistaken.
I woke up blaming myself for my friends death from a year ago. If I had just kept texting him, he wouldnt have died
It's ok to think about what happened in the past, but it's always tough to get through those hard ones.
I wish you have become a better person after that...
everytime I look at overcooked, I wanna get it but I remeber it has no online mode
My brother loves that game and I might buy it so I can play it with my brother.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I love that you can see bits and pieces of Mega Man's Smash 4 design in this art.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Dusk is the middle of Midday and Midnight, so it getting both moves makes sense. But those stats are what I really want to see. I have an idea of how they might handle it. If pattern holds.

Midd: 75 115 65 55 65 112
Midn: 85 115 75 55 75 82

If I'm right, Dusk should be Midday building into Midnight, thus the stats would change like so.

Midd: 75 115 65 55 65 112
Dusk: 80 115 70 55 70 97
Midn: 85 115 75 55 75 82

97 Speed is the only part I'm sure won't be correct, but I'm dead certain it will be in the middle somewhere.

D

Deleted member

Well, looks like Duskroc is better then both versions of Lycanroc already:

They clearly want to make this form top tier. :p
Ah yes, Counter, realky good move, metagame shaking! Ingame nuke! No one can top it!
Midday: "Who are you?"
Dusk: "I'm you but stronger."

Sash Counter is cool man.
Sash Counter can be pulled off better by most other Pokemon with Counter because they either have the HP for it and/or don't have Def that makes it shaky.
Just go with Counter Pyukumuku because that's the only face death fears

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm trying to think up the perfect name, and having major trouble. lol
after fighting someone named ThotSquad, I went over to ThotPatrol and I kinda like it when the opponents see "Splatted by ThotPatrol!" just like I was fighting a dude named a dog and he killed me and it said "Splatted by a dog!"

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Sash Counter can be pulled off better by most other Pokemon with Counter because they either have the HP for it and/or don't have Def that makes it shaky.
You DO know what Focus Sash does, yes? :4megaman:

You bait physical attacks in and OHKO back after surviving because of Sash. That's what Sash Counter is about. Its a suicide tactic to remove a serious physical threat. Gimmicky but it netted me a tourney.

Dusk could do it better than Midnight because it also gets Accelrock against Sturdy/Sash opponents.

EDIT: ALSO I just realized Dusk has Tough Claws.

Accelrock, 115 ATT, STAB Rock priority.

I'm ****ing done. Star Fox is down. :wolf:

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I'm actually reminded of scrapped Mighty No. 9 concept art with how the transformation is reflected more heavily, although this isn't nearly on MN9's proposed level of shift.

Considering the aforementioned Smash 4 inspiration, do you think maybe this was made to an extent as a reaction to Mighty No. 9 and then left on the cutting room floor when it crashed and burned?

Also. . .about Splatoon 2 names. I have a backlog of screenshots, expect a Twitter dump shortly.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So the Overwatch Summer Games just went up.
Gonna get all those skins and sprays.
I will not miss Soldier, Reaper, and Tracer 's skin.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hmm... Well. Now that I think of it. There's not a whole lot of OU Pokémon weak to Rock...

Still. Tough Claws Accelrock is cool.

Chrono.

So Android 17 is rumored to be playable in DBFZ (maybe even the 10th fighter for the beta).

Apparently, his English VA was at a con in Florida and he was asked if he done any lines for 17 in Super yet and he said no but he recorded some stuff for FighterZ. Supposedly, he didn't know he wasn't revealed yet but he didn't sign an NDA.

It's all heresay at this point and I'd take it with a huge grain of salt.

http://shoryuken.com/2017/08/06/and...g-to-comments-from-their-english-voice-actor/

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So Android 17 is rumored to be playable in DBFZ (maybe even the 10th fighter for the beta).

Apparently, his English VA was at a con in Florida and he was asked if he done any lines for 17 in Super yet and he said no but he recorded some stuff for FighterZ. Supposedly, he didn't know he wasn't revealed yet but he didn't sign an NDA.

It's all heresay at this point and I'd take it with a huge grain of salt.

http://shoryuken.com/2017/08/06/and...g-to-comments-from-their-english-voice-actor/
If they add him before 18 I wouldn't be mad.
17 is the hottest mother****er now thanks to his performance in the ToP.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If they add him before 18 I wouldn't be mad.
17 is the hottest mother****er now thanks to his performance in the ToP.

17 is great in Super, but I doubt he's going to stick around after the tournament of power

D

Deleted member

Oh, Apocrypha Ep6, so that's why people complain about Jackie's design

Arturia is such a bad dad like what, Mordred was looking so pure with happiness when she found out she was the King's son/daughter but she just ****ing turns her back to Mordy with those shadowed-hentai-protagonist-eyes of hers.
Sidenote: how the **** does anyone believe that she's a dude? Is the entirety of England blind?

Also, I can't believe they changed Dr.Octopus into a woman too!

That ****ing stealth scene tho
You DO know what Focus Sash does, yes? :4megaman:

You bait physical attacks in and OHKO back after surviving because of Sash. That's what Sash Counter is about. Its a suicide tactic to remove a serious physical threat. Gimmicky but it netted me a tourney.

Dusk could do it better than Midnight because it also gets Accelrock against Sturdy/Sash opponents.

EDIT: ALSO I just realized Dusk has Tough Claws.

Accelrock, 115 ATT, STAB Rock priority.

I'm ****ing done. Star Fox is down. :wolf:
Yes, I do know what it is, and while Midnight Lycanroc can oull it(I've done so myself), he's terrible at it.
There are many other Pokemon who can do the job better, from the ones who naturally learn it, only Buzzwole, Mudsdale, Sudowoodo and Deoxys Defense do it worse.

And even then, that's all he'll be able to do, get one Counter in and be dead weight for the remainder of the fight. Maybe Dusk can actually do **** with Accelrock, but again, you're better off using basically any other Counter user.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
At this point Midday and Midnight doggos are obsolete (unless Dusk has awkward af stats). I think we will not get a "Dawn Form" now.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does the Yardrat in Super mean the anime design is the canon one now and not the DB Online design?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Holy merciful crap, my button on my controller are finally like I want for Hyper DBZ. Good lord, it taken soooo long.

But atleast, I can now play the game without problem, so, the wait was worth it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I put on Breath of the Wild for a bit earlier to see if I could find anything new regarding the update.

Didn't notice anything, but I did end up completing the Hyrule Compendium.

I also got this from my Ganondorf amiibo.

IMG_20170808_205826.jpg

My inventory was full though, so I gave Sidon a present.

IMG_20170808_205919.jpg

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yes, I do know what it is, and while Midnight Lycanroc can oull it(I've done so myself), he's terrible at it.
Sash Counter is a suicide strategy. There are very few reasons how someone is better than another in that regard. In the case listed above, Dusk has Accelrock, a reliable STAB priority attack that doesn't require the opponent to attack (Sucker Punch)

There are better users of Sash Counter, that's not being questioned (the original point was that Sash Counter was cool but that was missed so whatever) but I'd argue that Midnight can pull it off fairly well. It has Sucker Punch to finish off Sturdy/Sash Pokémon if needed and its fragile enough to confirm a sash use. Its also got a 115 Attack Base and No Guard Stone Edge to hurt the switch in if it has the chance to.
There are many other Pokemon who can do the job better, from the ones who naturally learn it, only Buzzwole, Mudsdale, Sudowoodo and Deoxys Defense do it worse.
Thats because they're too bulky to allow maximum damage. Midnight isn't bulky. It may be more bulkier than Midday but in comparison to the majority of defensive types, Midnight is glass. So they can't effectively utilize Sash Counter.
and even then, that's all he'll be able to do, get one Counter in and be dead weight for the remainder of the fight. Maybe Dusk can actually do **** with Accelrock, but again, you're better off using basically any other Counter user.
Well yeah. Suicide means he's meant to die. :4megaman:

You're not understanding what Sash Counter's job is. Its to remove a physical threat by baiting a OHKO attack that gets sashed and that damaged is hurled back, KOing them. If giving the chance, Midnight can still hit hard afterwards to punish greedy opponents or ghosts with No Guard Stone Edge if needed, or otherwise its revenge killed and its task is done.

Its a gimmick as I said before, and should never be used in actual tournies, but it can work, and Midnight can do it. I didn't do it with Midnight BTW. I did it with Lucario back in B&W.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
D

Deleted member

Sash Counter is a suicide strategy. There are very few reasons how someone is better than another in that regard. In the case listed above, Dusk has Accelrock, a reliable STAB priority attack that doesn't require the opponent to attack (Sucker Punch)

There are better users of Sash Counter, that's not being questioned (the original point was that Sash Counter was cool but that was missed so whatever) but I'd argue that Midnight can pull it off fairly well. It has Sucker Punch to finish off Sturdy/Sash Pokémon if needed and its fragile enough to confirm a sash use. Its also got a 115 Attack Base and No Guard Stone Edge to hurt the switch in if it has the chance to.

Thats because they're too bulky to allow maximum damage. Midnight isn't bulky. It may be more bulkier than Midday but in comparison to the majority of defensive types, Midnight is glass. So they can't effectively utilize Sash Counter.

Well yeah. Suicide means he's meant to die. :4megaman:

You're not understanding what Sash Counter's job is. Its to remove a physical threat by baiting a OHKO attack that gets sashed and that damaged is hurled back, KOing them. If giving the chance, Midnight can still hit hard afterwards to punish greedy opponents or ghosts with No Guard Stone Edge if needed, or otherwise its revenge killed and its task is done.

Its a gimmick as I said before, and should never be used in actual tournies, but it can work, and Midnight can do it. I didn't do it with Midnight BTW. I did it with Lucario back in B&W.
The problem is that you're wasting a slot by making Lycanroc Midnight a Sash Counter.
Stuff like Lucario and Hitmonchan can still act after pulling the trick while Lycanroc has no use, Sucker Punch is way too unreliable and it wastes a perfect use of Stone Edge No Guard

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Welp, that's my cue.

7 days until Mania boys.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hour 4 Overwatch still hasn't updated on console and the que is 100,000 people.

Some say the game will never be the same...

Chrono.

Welp, that's my cue.

7 days until Mania boys.
Luckily I only follow a total of 1 person who is into Sonic. Twitter should be fine for me.

Youtube on the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom