• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I posted something like "People should hold themselves responsible for their actions" when referring to Sony Pictures blaming rotten tomatoes for their failures in profit, and someone suddenly felt the need to make it political and say "That's something a stupid Trump supporter would say"

Is people holding themselves responsible for their own actions really such a radical idea in this world?

I do remember I was discussing something like this years ago (About a different topic) and I had someone say that no one should be responsible for their actions and I was just dumbfounded.

Edit: In Reality Sony just needs to stop making bad movies. If it's bad, people letting others know it's bad is not a bad thing. But Sony feels they can make more profit if people were suckers and saps
when someone doesnt have anything good to say, they always go to. Trump, politics in general, or Hitler

and Sony pictures shouldnt really blame others like a little child

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
when someone doesnt have anything good to say, they always go to. Trump, politics in general, or Hitler

and Sony pictures should really should blame others like a little child
I'm going to go with what Doug Walker usually says and blame "The charts"

"But the charts say this should be doing good"

Why put effort and creativity into something when statistically you can redo the same crap over and over with a fresh coat of paint?

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Ah, new Fire Emblem Heroes update. This is the one that will start giving out a Free First Summon on new banners, as well as increase the Hero Points to 3000 to allow more Hero Feathers and will apparently switch 3* and 4* rates. Let's see what my first Free Summon will be. Probably another 3* Hero.

*Once again if picture fail*
https://media.giphy.com/media/L9kwXOK00OJGM/giphy.gif
Oh yes. Thank you RNG lords! Also, I got a whole wack load of orbs from Logging in and from the new Challenge. Let's see what I get:
-Abel(It's about frickin' time you showed up, but you shouldn't have been my 5* when I'm trying for Beach Corrin.)
-Female Corrin(Give me Beach Corrin already. I already got a Spd+ -Res Female Corrin already.)
-Est
-Florina(I'm thankful for the Darting Blows, but seriously, I think I've gotten her over 30 times by now for real)
-Roderick

Abel and Roderick are nice(although I already had a 5* Spd+ -Res Roderick already), but I get too many Corrins, Ests and Florinas. Corrin and Florina are nice for their skills. Est I have to see which one has the IVs I want. But who cares, I got Athena! :love:

Edit: Oh my gosh, we can actually change Training Tower's foe colors without having to do a battle?! We can actually keep pressing a refresh button until we get the enemies we want?! :crazy:

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Beaten Splatoon 2's single player mode.

Certainly a fun time, though it is very similar to first's single player.

It's still fun, and I plan to go back to get every collectable I missed, but I wish it was just a tad more ambitious. Granted, they probably didn't have time to do so, since the development time was rather short.

Makes me hope we see something more Ratchet and Clank like for the single player in Splatoon 3.

Also, the final boss in Splatoon 2 was vastly inferior to the first game's final boss. It's still fun to play, and has a nice remix of the final boss theme from the original game, but the original is just so much better.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Found a neat strategy for the Grillers....

When one is locked onto you get on top of the ledge next to the basket and just go back and forth from the top and the wall when it gets close to the basket and it'll just move back and forth in front of the basket...
Hopefully if your teammates are smart they'll stay out of it's way and shoot it when it's shimmying...

And no it doesn't work against the glowflies since the Chum will just run off the edge after you...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is like a full moon, or near full moon.

The smoke in the air from Canada is making the moon look red.

I remember a long time ago the moon turning red a lot. Maybe something similar happened when I was a kid.

It's like a full blood red moon. Kinda spooky

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Sooooooooooo... BOTW is real?
Either that or the hairdresser is threatening to kill me and the zombies are bashing down my door.

*EDIT* I'm only going a little crazy waiting for that Terraria Switch port to be ready. Just a little.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
isnt smash a party game
if you cant tell, im telling a joke
Ah yes, I guess you are joking on a mode that nobody asks for on the Smash Bros Wii U.

And I understand some are just joking... but Smash Bros is the most innovative fighting game I like, second is Skullgirls.
The original suit actor for Godzilla died at age 88. Damn
RIP for that legend...
I agree with the sentiment of making people open their eyes (reference not intended) to the fact that BotW has flaws and doesn't deserve to be called the objective masterpiece of the video game medium. It's most definitely not everyone's cup of tea. Ocarina of Time had this exact same problem, people overhyped it for years and then when people like myself who grew up with a PS1 later got a chance to play it years after its initial release, we wound up very underwhelmed by what was ultimately a "revolutionary for its time, but just a good but flawed game by today's standards".

At the same time, this guy is extremely incoherent and some of the things he says seem like they're really nitpicky and more personal gripes than huge flaws in the game's design. Like I wholeheartedly disagree with him saying that the game doesn't have charm or personality. The main story is certainly lacking (the most lacking aspect of the game IMO), but a lot of the NPCs have some pretty great dialogue, there's tons of touches like Link's animations under certain conditions, being able to play with dogs, etc.

When it comes to the game being overhyped, I think part of the reason is because, to a Nintendo-only gamer, they haven't seen a lot of the things BotW does before because Nintendo hasn't done them in their games, while other games on other systems have done many of these things before. The only other open world Nintendo game I can think of is Xenoblade Chronicles X, and the original Xenoblade to a lesser extent, and those are more RPGs than pure adventure games.

I'm personally satisfied with the overall package for Breath of the Wild and do want to see the series build on the open world Zelda concept and improve upon it, but it's by no means a perfect game. This guy doesn't do a good job of highlighting its real issues though.
Since I haven't even play Botw, I am not gonna set my thoughts on it right now. I understand it has been praised as a masterpiece and anyone who wants to buy Switch must try out that game. Botw was never a trigger for me to buy a Switch. If I saw Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild during a Christmas shopping this year (Suppose XC2 does come during the holiday). I will still grab XC2 immediately and don't care Botw that much. (Also Super Mario Odyssey during October...)
Nevertheless, I don't really understand why some medias are even bothering to "explain" why most people regard Botw a "perfect" game. It never was and no game has been, but it will be the game of the year... if not then it's Super Mario Odyssey...
Just like how a Youtuber RGT85 said not games are perfect, you can find every flaws in every "masterpiece". But at the end of the day it's all up to you, are you having fun when playing Botw?

And I may regret of posting this dude's video since most of his content are kind of sh**... what I mean is he is negative on gaming but doesn't seems to mention it.
By hearing most of his "reasons", I can tell that this is just a "parody"
I'm cool and all for him making this "parody" video on why Switch sucks, but f**k this guy for mentioning "Splatoon!" for 5+ fricken times (When it's Splatoon 2 to be exact). I know it's a trap but I'm pretty sure he doesn't like Splatoon 2 at all, and what a shame...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People are saying Namek is in a different Galaxy than Earth. If that's true, that's beyond absurd

The milky way galaxy is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 km, which is 100,000 light years

Keep in mind that's x1,000,000,000,000

Now between galaxies it's 13,000,000,000 light years.

That's 13,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 km

Travelling through the milky way, through 13,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 more km through an empty void, and part way through another galaxy would be absurd IN 6 MONTHS

And most likely I got those numbers wrong

Edit: If you want to know how absurd it is, all of Star Trek and Star Wars are within the same galaxy. The worm hole in Star Trek and Voyager are just different quadrants of THE SAME GALAXY

Last edited:

Chrono.

Guess it's about time I changed my look here.

Been watching Yugioh GX subbed so yeah.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
People are saying Namek is in a different Galaxy than Earth. If that's true, that's beyond absurd

The milky way galaxy is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 km, which is 100,000 light years

Travelling through the milky way, through 13,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 more km through an empty void, and part way through another galaxy would be absurd IN 6 MONTHS

Edit: If you want to know how absurd it is, all of Star Trek and Star Wars are within the same galaxy. The worm hole in Star Trek and Voyager are just different quadrants of THE SAME GALAXY
While everyone pointed Toriyama for ****ing the power scaling, he lowkey was ****ing with math too.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
remember kids this is why you should just stop thinking about anime using real world logic

because **** like this happens...nevermind the whole multiple dimensions parallel universes, time travel, and said time travel being used to cure a heart virus an alien got on a sperate alien planet with zero implication that said heartvirus was a problem for humans...clearly i can go on but TLDR ****s fiction stop using actual science

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
remember kids this is why you should just stop thinking about anime using real world logic

because **** like this happens...nevermind the whole multiple dimensions parallel universes, time travel, and said time travel being used to cure a heart virus an alien got on a sperate alien planet with zero implication that said heartvirus was a problem for humans...clearly i can go on but TLDR ****s fiction stop using actual science
Honestly we might actually invent time travel before intergalactic travel

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Time Travel was already invented many times, but every time the scientists who test it travel to the past, they unknowingly cause a Butterfly effect that leads to the prevention of the creation of the Time Machine without altering any other major historical moment.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The 3DS Kirby game was stated to still release in Winter this year

Also I can't decide what's funnier about the latest Jimquisition, the fact people are calling Jim an SJW because the new Shadow of Mordor game turned a big ass spider into a sexy seductress despite Tolkien's work pretty much saying that's not possible, people calling Jim a cuck despite his open relationship or people going "Why did you talk about this non-issue and not the lootboxes?" despite Jim ALSO talking about the lootboxes in the video

Chrono.

Aw dang. Legacy Collection 2 uses the PSX version of Megaman 8, so no Wood Man or Cut Man boss fights.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This. It's a different world as is. Unless they define the rules as the exact same as our world's rules, saying it should apply the same is silly.

On the other hand, it's even harder to define when you have nothing to work off of. Having a number of planets doesn't mean much. Unless the work specifies actual details(like how many light years they're away), you're left with little tangible information. It already has canon gods. It has canon androids(who do not exist in the real world). Its science is far behind our capabilities alone(at least for now). It has aliens we don't know exist. It has absurd power levels. It has time travel(which there's nothing we have to show that this is real). Most of the stuff in the show could at best be a hypothesis for other Scientists. As for the universe, the biggest issue still exists that they don't specify how things work there. Let's keep in mind the Moon was blown up with no known consequences. Now, sure, an artificial Moon existed for some time as well, but that doesn't mean much if it got blown up and the world didn't go into disaster(something would've happened. It's not an offscreen issue at that point. There would've been aftereffects). That already questions how much different the world is. Another thing is these planetary level attacks could be strong enough to even change the world's orbit. Planets get destroyed quite often too. It's just too vague to really compare our world to it. When DB starts setting much harder rules beyond some similarities, namely its orbit, the actual distance among various planets, some comparisons could start being made. Let me put it this way; have they mentioned all 9 normal planets? The Earth and Moon, sure. But everything else?

DBZ's issue is it already has stuff that clearly doesn't exist in our world. Coupled with scientific stuff that doesn't exist either. It's basically more like a fairy tale land to our Earth. That's not to say there aren't clear cut similarities, but it operates on unique scales.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Born too late to explore Earth
Born too early to explore Space and Time.

But born just in time to see memes on the Sonic The Hedgehog's Twitter.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Breath of the Wild has been updated. Contains bug fixes (including a major bug that apparently existed in Master Mode), as well as implementing some new feature regarding the news section on the Switch Home Screen that allows you to get in-game items.

D

Deleted member

Time travel can be created, but everytime it is, the Earth uses its self-defense system to eliminate the threat from messing with the timeline.

Said self-defense system involves a complicated sequel of interconnected mechanisms that drop a rock, guillotine or swordfish on whoever created the time machine

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So Arena Assault launched in FE Heroes and its already busted.

It's just like Squad Assault in that you can't use duplicate units at all during your run. But because it pulls the opponents from the Arena, you can still end up facing teams with duplicate units.

Hope you like facing teams with multiple Hectors, Reinhardts, Olivias and Azuras, while you try to make do with your sea of red units.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Monolith gave their reasoning on having a big ass spider becoming eye candy

Our approach to Shelob and a lot of these characters is that they're spirits. They're effectively angels or gods, and they take on different forms depending on what their needs are. Shelob and her mother are these elemental spirits, so she can take on the form of a great spider, because that's absolutely terrifying, but she can also take on other forms, ‘fair forms,’ if she's communicating with Talion or Sauron."

"Shelob goes into the giant spider form after Sauron lets her down, and leaves her for dead. A spider is a creature that is singular and alone, and she's not interested in dealing with humans. She's building up this great grief and resentment, and by the time Talion comes along, that's been her form for so long. Talion almost forces her to step into this lighter form, in order to guide him. You almost see a mothering aspect in their relationship, so some of that resentment is lessened by their relationship."
Any Tolkien fans ok with this?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So the latest chapter of "Opossum Tries to Get Celica Without Spending Money" came out today with the release of the Tempest Trial banner. Summoning results listed in spoilers.

First was, of course, the free summon. Right off the bat I got a five star Young Tiki. Nifty! Never pulled her before and she left my pity rate intact since she was the first summon.

Then I pulled a three star Henry and four star Laslow. Standard stock pulls, okay.

Then a five star Seliph ruins my not-yet-existent pity rate. I already have a Seliph at five stars, so I may use him for SI if he has anything useful (Rally Speed good?) since I don't use Seliph enough to want to merge him.

Then a four star Eirika and a three star Draug happened. So that's cool I suppose. When's Celica.

Then a four star Seliph shows up. Go away Seliph I already pulled you.

Then no red orbs show up so I go for green. Maybe I'll finally get Frederick.

Five star Sonya. On one hand, awesome! :D On the other hand now I'm certain I'll never get Frederick, never mind Celica.

Then four star male Corrin, three star Hana, ANOTHER FOUR STAR SELIPH WHAT THE HELL, and a three star Selena.

Fifty-six orbs, no Celica, but hey, Sonya and Tiki.

Can't Complain/10

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm considering pulling for Sonya in the current banner since I lack green units for the endurance modes. But we also have Hero Fest and Choose Your Legends coming soon. If I'm pulling from Hero Fest, it would be for Ike and two Gennys (one to keep, one to give Wrathful Staff to Elise). I don't need these as much as Sonya, but the catch is that Sonya has less of an appearance rate so I could just end up wasting Orbs.

We don't know how the Choose Your Legends banner will turn out, but chances are they will be pretty powerful considering they were voted on.

D

Deleted member

Monolith gave their reasoning on having a big *** spider becoming eye candy

Our approach to Shelob and a lot of these characters is that they're spirits. They're effectively angels or gods, and they take on different forms depending on what their needs are. Shelob and her mother are these elemental spirits, so she can take on the form of a great spider, because that's absolutely terrifying, but she can also take on other forms, ‘fair forms,’ if she's communicating with Talion or Sauron."

"Shelob goes into the giant spider form after Sauron lets her down, and leaves her for dead. A spider is a creature that is singular and alone, and she's not interested in dealing with humans. She's building up this great grief and resentment, and by the time Talion comes along, that's been her form for so long. Talion almost forces her to step into this lighter form, in order to guide him. You almost see a mothering aspect in their relationship, so some of that resentment is lessened by their relationship."
Which Monolith are you talking about?
What are you talking about? Is it XC2? What even

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Monolith gave their reasoning on having a big *** spider becoming eye candy

That's bull****.

But I'm okay with it.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
With E3 being two months behind us now, am I wrong for thinking that there'll be a Direct coming in the next couple of weeks?

Id be happy with a 3DS Direct because there's a whole bunch of games I wanna know more about:

USUM, MH Stories, Kirby 3DS game, Samus Returns, other surprises they're surely working on?

I'm happy with how much Odyssey knowledge I have. Currently have 0 interest in FE Warriors. Nothing against FE but Warriors style gaming is meh to me.

What's the bet we get a FE Warriors Direct now. I've jinxed it.

D

Deleted member

Never thought Nintendo would make me regret getting my Hyrule Edition New 3DS XL....
Speak for yourself, I was planning to get a New 2DS XL to replace my regular New 3DS XL, and now I'm even more conflicted with myself.

EDIT: It seems like this New 3DS XL will be exclusive to the US.
Now you 'muricans can stop complain about the EU having a better Legacy Edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom