• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wow I had somereally smart people jumping to me when I'm facing the entire other team.
This is why I'm almost glad I rarely remember to jump, LOL. If my team is sweeping and I just died I might remember to crack open my map, but it's usually such a warzone out there that it's better to just swim. And people seem to love jumping to me while I'm trying to charge into the enemy base and in the middle of dying from being a Leeroy.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
This is why I'm almost glad I rarely remember to jump, LOL. If my team is sweeping and I just died I might remember to crack open my map, but it's usually such a warzone out there that it's better to just swim. And people seem to love jumping to me while I'm trying to charge into the enemy base and in the middle of dying from being a Leeroy.
I also hate when at the beginning of a match someone follows you and then when you go to a different area to let them cover that area they also leave.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Sailor Moon is airing again on local TV after nearly 20 years.

This is a moment where happiness is real af.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I caved and just went for the Tempest Trials banner, partly because I don't have any of the 40%+ Bonus units for the upcoming Tempest Trial.

The greens just gave me crap and one time I got no greens and went for a red with the logic that there are two units there, but just got a 4-Star Seliph.

Then I got a 3-Star Barst and was about ready to give up. Then I pulled a blue for funsies.

And got my SWEET AND PURE MIRACLE CHILD YESSSS

Screenshot_20170808-230044.png

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Three Sailor Moon episodes followed by Pokémon Season 1; dem mexican channels finally stopped messing around.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looked at the ESRB details on Mario + Rabbids (E10+)

- Cartoon Violence
- Comic Mischief
- Mild Language

That's a first for a Mario game (the "Hell in a Shell" weapon might be a reason)!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I want a T-Rated Mario game just to have Mario say "mama****er" after Bowser kidnaps Peach for the 78th time.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I never realised how quickly you could train units in FE Heroes by focusing solely on them, plus some help from an EXP boosting ally. Delthea is already at Lv. 40 and good to go for Tempest Trials.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My dog is paralysed in half her body so she can't feel when she needs to go to the bathroom

But apparently we just learned a trick.

Spread her legs and grab her tail and she instantly goes.

At least now that might solve the going in the house on accident problem

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My dog is paralysed in half her body so she can't feel when she needs to go to the bathroom

But apparently we just learned a trick.

Spread her legs and grab her tail and she instantly goes.

At least now that might solve the going in the house on accident problem
this is why I love doggos. They are smart

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Curious new Megaman artwork found in the MM8 section of the Gallery in MMLC2.
As you can see, it's very new artwork. Definitely made post MM10.

I'm guessing it's concept art of a scrapped game that just kinda flew under the radar. Makes no sense as to why it's in the MM8 section.
Doesn't look too bad. I'm guess it'll be like Battle Network where copying bosses also takes aspects of the bosses design.

after fighting someone named ThotSquad, I went over to ThotPatrol and I kinda like it when the opponents see "Splatted by ThotPatrol!" just like I was fighting a dude named a dog and he killed me and it said "Splatted by a dog!"
But the real question is whether or not you'll find the legendary Thot Slayer.

Chrono.

How this man still has his job, I'll never know.
The video has some pretty hilarious tidbits though.

Like using fanart during the reel at the start, using someone's SFV mods video at one point and using HBox clips when he doesn't even play Capcom fighters.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The video has some pretty hilarious tidbits though.

Like using fanart during the reel at the start, using someone's SFV mods video at one point and using HBox clips when he doesn't even play Capcom fighters.
Well...that's just sad.

INB4 :079:

Switch has so much Indies presence it isn't even funny. Seriously. If y'all have never played indie games before, the Switch seems like it's going to be a decent place to start.

Also yay, smash clone

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Switch has so much Indies presence it isn't even funny. Seriously. If y'all have never played indie games before, the Switch seems like it's going to be a decent place to start.

Also yay, smash clone
This looks fun, even if I have no idea who most of these characters are. I'll consider buying it depending on the pricing.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Also yay, smash clone
Noice!

I have been wanting to try this and awesome it's getting a Switch port (I was originally planning to get it for Xbone prior to this).

This'll fill my Smash for Switch void for the time being.

Chrono.

Also yay, smash clone
Looks better than Icons at least. :secretkpop:

But yeah, it looks solid. I'll keep my eye on it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Drifter is from an indie game.

The rest are OC's
Oh, I thought this was that Smash clone with Indie characters. Hold on...
Oh, ok, I was thinking of Brawhalla.

I like the OCs designs, better than a certain other Smash clone, though I think RoA has it better.

Also, the Brawlout site has two unrevealed fighters listed so that's something to look out for.
Shovel Knight as a guest character not because I want him(I do) but because SK is a dirty cameo **** at this point

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For those who are getting Brawlout on Switch and like the GameCube controller, friendly reminder that the Mayflash GameCube controller adapter (not the Nintendo official one) is compatible with the Switch console.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I guess I will post a spoilered list of all the heroes and villains in my comics. I'll put as detailed a backstory as I can but some I've just thought of their powers(super or not)

Thunderhead/Mia Cross-Freeman: A young white woman who lost both her parents 20 years before the story starts, she gets adopted by a gay(male) couple. She is out with her best friend during a thunderstorm when a lightning bolt comes out of the sky and hits the friend and knocked Mia unconscious. She awoke with the ability to create clouds and thunder, eventually getting the ability to summon water and the ability to control, but not create lightning.

Devil King/Douglas Freeman: An intimidating black man and bouncer at a local dive bar. When he was young he was a boxer and also a super villain, now reformed he adopted the daughter of his close friends that died training her in many forms of fighting. He was born with super human durability.

Thunderbird/Name Undecided: A Cree man and chief of a local native reserve. Back when he was young he was kidnapped by some people and tortured for being not white. They beat him, then electrocuted him and left him for dead. He didn't die instead he gained electricity based powers and the ability to fly through magnetism. For about 20 years he fought the Devil King before retiring from super heroics.
Soul Flair/Name Undecided: Soul Flair was Mia's best friend until the accident she came back months later as a ghastly apparition. She has control over rain and lightning and she eventually fuses with Thunderhead.

"Princess" Freya: A tiny bored 15 year old girl and leader of a cult called the Immaculate. She is the latest in a line of vessels of an ancient god, that when she gets any emotion of any kind she morphs into an 8 foot tall 400 pound beast of a man that is super fast and super strong but can die. If he dies so does Freya.

The Immaculate: They are a cult that wishes to be perfect through taking the blood of the vessel to purify them. Bringing Freya's blood into them gave them the speed and strength of a man or woman of incredible fitness. They wish to destroy everything they deem imperfect, which is definitely Thunderhead.

Abaddon: Literally the devil. He comes up from hell because people he wants dead aren't dying. He has a major vendetta with Thunderhead for saving so many people. He is unkillable and completely immune to any non-physical forms of attacks.

Killing Machine: A cyborg of unknown origin, it is proficient in hand to hand combat and many different weapons and artillery. It has an insatiable hunger for electricity which brings it into contact with Thunderhead and Thunderbird frequently. The only thing that truly affects it is fire.

Silence: An assassin hired by a mob in the city to kill certain targets for them. This woman usually disguises herself as an old woman to get her targets. She is unnaturally quiet, very fast and is proficient with her razer whip that she hides in her cane.

That's about all I got so far.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I just now found out that not only did I miss the NFL Hall of Fame game last week, but the absolute worst part is that there is absolutely nothing in this entire world I hate more than who won said game. I know it was a close game, but still, I HATE THEM!!!!!!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
So I just now found out that not only did I miss the NFL Hall of Fame game last week, but the absolute worst part is that there is absolutely nothing in this entire world I hate more than who won said game. I know it was a close game, but still, I HATE THEM!!!!!!
I'm guessing the Dallas Cowboys won?

Just got kicked from a game of TF2 for using a vaccinator because a premade taht stood in the spawn door go mad they died to an uber lol

Hope they dont mind losing when they dont have a medic at all

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That is a statement that's bound to end in failure. Not necessarily because it can't happen, but to say that at this stage is asking for it to get jinxed. Throw in the mixed to negative reception the game got upon its first reveal...
Yeah.

Like I don't want to discourage confidence in ones own piece of work (if anything I envy people in that position). But too much confidence, too soon will make people expect lofty things of you.

"De-throning" the most popular series in its sub-genre is just way too tall a claim in such early stages of development.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Speaking of Icons...

http://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2017-08-07-beating-super-smash-bros-at-its-own-game

View attachment 131995

This does not seem like a good thing to be saying in its current stages.
If that statement came from a fan on a forum, I'd assume they were blindly lashing out at Smash and clinging to anything they could use as a surrogate for whatever their idea for a "real game" is.

From a game developer it's a sign the project is going to be a failure and from a journalist it's a sign that they're willing to stoop to tacky clickbait and their opinion isn't trustworthy.

If you want my interest and respect as a customer, don't try to stack up what you're selling me as superior to what's already been done, especially not before you've coughed up results. It's been done by bigger people with fancier pedigrees and when it's eaten up blindly it's going to be a bad day at the reality toilet when it's all said and done.

Furthermore, inviting comparisons ignores the fact that a product still needs to stand on it's own. Make as many improvements as you want, hardly anyone is going to buy it if it doesn't have any significant differences from an IP they've already bought, especially with something like Smash where the brand power is a huge chunk of it's appeal.

Say, Minecraft, Terraria, and Starbound all invite strong comparisons, but each one also handles many things very differently with each having unique mechanics, features, and overall gameplay loops. What does Icons do to stand out from Smash?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I played a match of Salmon Run with the glowflies. We got 40 golden eggs. The current weapon set really is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom