• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Means jack all to me. Honestly, this just makes me want to see it in theaters to properly judge it for myself. I don't take review numbers seriously, but the contents of the review, and only if there's actually an attempt at a proper review. Criticisms are good. Refusing to judging it on its own merits is unfair. It does help that I read the interview and know more behind the scenes, so it's pretty impossible for me to hate on it as is. Not that I could either way, since it's not in my blood to hate on something. It's a standard I have. Criticize properly or kindly shut up if you can't say something constructive.
Ok but you can't argue that this review isn't art:
http://www.metro.us/entertainment/movies/the-emoji-movie-review-tj-miller-anna-faris

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If you unlock all the gear on an Amiibo, you can still get a song for Squid Beats 2 out of them before they're done.

Only problem is that most of them are just Splatoon 1 stage music that I've already listened to to death, LOL. That inkludes the new Inkling Girl that I just impulse bought today, so I assume I'm not missing anything music wise with the other new Amiibo.

I was kind of hoping I'd get the original Calamari Inkantation and Ink Me Up from the Squid Sisters, but ah well the original Bomb Rush Blush and Tide Goes Out are fair enough offerings considering those are their theme songs and the two songs that never made it to the original Squid Beats. Actually feel a kind of cosmic relief I can finally listen to clean sound test versions of those, LOL.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If you unlock all the gear on an Amiibo, you can still get a song for Squid Beats 2 out of them before they're done.

Only problem is that most of them are just Splatoon 1 stage music that I've already listened to to death, LOL. That inkludes the new Inkling Girl that I just impulse bought today, so I assume I'm not missing anything music wise with the other new Amiibo.

I was kind of hoping I'd get the original Calamari Inkantation and Ink Me Up from the Squid Sisters, but ah well the original Bomb Rush Blush and Tide Goes Out are fair enough offerings considering those are their theme songs and the two songs that never made it to the original Squid Beats. Actually feel a kind of cosmic relief I can finally listen to clean sound test versions of those, LOL.
Do the S2 amiibo unlock prequel music too?

I don't have those amiibo or the recolor ones.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Do the S2 amiibo unlock prequel music too?

I don't have those amiibo or the recolor ones.
The Splatoon 2 girl that I bought unlocked Split & Splat by Chirpy Chips and the other two blank spots are conspicuously next to the Squid Squad and Hightide Era songs from the original line of Amiibo the same as how the Splatoon 1 girl gave Shellfie, so I'm gonna guess yeah. Definitely applies to at least one of the set.

Pretty sure the recolors are literally just the original line's chips and models under a literal fresh coat of paint, I don't see the need to pick them up for utility OR aesthetic reasons unless you're a collector or really like the colors.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Pretty sure the recolors are literally just the original line's chips and models under a literal fresh coat of paint, I don't see the need to pick them up for utility OR aesthetic reasons unless you're a collector or really like the colors.
Exactly why I didn't bother picking them up.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Exactly why I didn't bother picking them up.
This is why the recolors aren't an issue for Mario Maker. At least they have legit uses. Although, honestly, it's not worth picking up every single one. Pick your favorite color(s) and move on. You can get the rest in-game.

Smash is a bit different since they tend to be harder to find and sometimes have really neat variants. The various characters who have non-Smash amiibo that are in Smash itself are interesting just for the fact they have different costumes, positions, and sometimes functions. That's cool.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One thing I'm happy about is that Shadows of Valentia brought back character specific boss conversations for units other than the main lords.
I'm glad Sonya gets a conversation with Jedah.

The fact that Virion didn't get a boss conversation with Walhart despite Walhart completely taking over Rosanne and forcing him to abandon his own duchy is the biggest offender. You'd think he of all people would have something to say. Yes, this still irks me all these years later. :p

Anyway, the FEH live stream should start soon on Nintendo Mobile's YouTube channel.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
HOO people were NOT kidding when they said the Tri-Slosher was kinda broken. Because I'm a terrible person I'm having fun ruining lives with the thing as I crawl my way up from the darkest depths of Ranked.

No YOU grab the Rainmaker. I'LL douse the inky flame of their souls.

. . .Lul my team kept vanishing on me and I manage to stall out the match with 19 kills.

Challenge me mort-oh gosh why are there two on the other team?!

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just found this BeepBox website. It's pretty cool to mess around with. Basically let's you make 8 bit music. Sound fairly close to the NES.

Though I do wish someone would make a SNES like sound site like that.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So is Salmon Run open yet?

No?....

k

how about now?

Seriously why make it a timed event only?...Yesterday I had a whole day off and it wasn't open...I had to work today but managed to get about a half hour (if even) this morning and it closes while I'm still at work...so now I have to wait till tomorrow night...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So in case anyone here missed out on the Fire Emblem Heroes broadcast, this was the main highlight:

Yes, you're eyes do not deceive you...

VALTER WILL BE FEATURED IN THE NEXT GRAND HERO BATTLE!!!!!!!

You don't know how happy I am about this. I still haven't beaten Sacred Stones, but I'm about halfway through the game, and I gotta say, I love Valter thus far. He's a really enjoyable villain. I wanted to see him in a GHB, and it looks like my wish came true.

Also, Valter uses his Cursed Lance in his map, the very same lance that turned him crazy.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lots of new Fire Emblem Heroes stuff was announced!

Valter from Sacred Stones is being added as a GHB unit. He comes with a non-inheritable Cursed Lance, making him our first wyvern lancer.

New Tempest Trial is coming, and as many speculated based on how the last one ended, this one is based around Celica. Lots of QoL stuff added, like Continuous Auto Battle and scoring changes. Clive is the TT unit. Attack Ploy seal is also a reward. Banner units are Celica, Gray, Delthea, and Sonya.

Arena Assault mode added, which yields feathers and Sacred Coins (a new currency that they haven't elaborated on yet).

Lots of free log-in orbs. Maximum Hero Merit per unit increased to 3000.

Hero Fest is coming back. The units included will be announced when the event starts in August.

They're doing another Summer Banner, this time with summer variants for Xander, Leo, Elise, and Female Corrin. Of note, Corrin is a flying blue mage, a first for the game. There will also be a voting gauntlet for the eight summer characters.

Also for a starter support event, each banner's first summon will be free, which is really nice, and the appearance rates of three and four star heroes will be switched (Hinata and Palla skill inheritance hype!).

Lots of good stuff.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Today I watched all of the content from KH 358/2 Days. Overall I thought it was pretty interesting to see Organization XIII from Roxas' point of view (even if it mainly focused on him, Axel, and Xion for the most part and didn't really focus on the rest of the Organization). I could definitely tell that this was one of the darkest/saddest entries in the series. One of the things that really stings about the ending is that, in the secret reports, Axel had this to say:
Axel said:
I wish the three of us - three? No. That the two of us could share some ice cream again someday. That's what it is to be friends.
But tomorrow I will start KH2, and I am expecting it to be a bit more lighthearted than Days.
------------------------------
As for the topic of snarky characters, I do tend to enjoy them, as I do think they usually have a lot of funny lines.
As for characters I like that are snarky, I'm not that far past the point where he joins you, but I'm liking Auron from FFX so far. Lulu has some nice moments as well. And as they were mentioned above, I also like Toph, Viridi, and Midna as well.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So in case anyone here missed out on the Fire Emblem Heroes broadcast, this was the main highlight

You don't know how happy I am about this. I still haven't beaten Sacred Stones, but I'm about halfway through the game, and I gotta say, I love Valter thus far. He's a really enjoyable villain. I wanted to see him in a GHB, and it looks like my wish came true.

Also, Valter uses his Cursed Lance in his map, the very same lance that turned him crazy.
Bottom of the page again... Darn...

On a different note, to those that want to see female Corrin + the Nohrian royals in beach wear (except for Camilla) for the upcoming banner, here you go:

Worth noting that Xander's weapon of choice is the same Lilith floaty that he holds in his Beach DLC art from Fates.

I know a lot of people here love the Nohrian royals, so to those fans, get hyped!

As for me, I don't care for this new banner at all. Valter is still the most hype news of the broadcast for me.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Instead of another Summer banner for fates they shoulda done a better game... or if anything less ugly art.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Bottom of the page again... Darn...

On a different note, to those that want to see female Corrin + the Nohrian royals in beach wear (except for Camilla) for the upcoming banner, here you go:

Worth noting that Xander's weapon of choice is the same Lilith floaty that he holds in his Beach DLC art from Fates.

I know a lot of people here love the Nohrian royals here, so to those fans, get hyped!

As for me, I don't care for this new banner at all. Valter is still the most hype news of the broadcast for me.
They even gave Leo tomatos, lawd yes

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
There is one disappointment about this broadcast I want to express though:

When they revealed that Valter would be in the next GHB, I was expecting the upcoming banner reveal would be the long awaited Sacred Stones banner. I mean, that would tie in with the GHB perfectly. When we got the reveal of the Nohrian royal summer banner, I just rolled my eyes and said, "Eh... whatever." I then thought they would save the reveal of that SS banner until the very end...

...And we had no reveal of said banner.

Man, what a shame. That would've been more hyped than the banner we got. I want Joshua and Forde in Heroes already (as well as Seth, Lute, Garcia, and Ross)!

Am I really the only one that was expecting the reveal of a Sacred Stones banner during the broadcast?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There is one disappointment about this broadcast I want to express though:

When they revealed that Valter would be in the next GHB, I was expecting the upcoming banner reveal would be the long awaited Sacred Stones banner. I mean, that would tie in with the GHB perfectly. When we got the reveal of the Nohrian royal summer banner, I just rolled my eyes and said, "Eh... whatever." I then thought they would save the reveal of that SS banner until the very end...

...And we had no reveal of said banner.

Man, what a shame. That would've been more hyped than the banner we got. I want Joshua and Forde in Heroes already (as well as Seth, Lute, Garcia, and Ross)!

Am I really the only one that was expecting the reveal of a Sacred Stones banner during the broadcast?
Since Valter is more than likely late August, everyone is speculating that a Sacred Stones banner will come around then, since it's presumably around when Tempest Trial 3 ends.

Lute plz.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Woah, ORAS shows the pokemon you used to defeat certain trainers in the end credits.

Apparently I have had that ninjask as a nincada since the beginning of the game almost

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
For those that are interested, Nintendo uploaded the trailer for the upcoming new Summer Banner featuring the Nohrian royals:

Unit-wise, it seems Female Corrin and Xander are the best of the four. Both got some pretty good skills.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Someone on Reddit compared the silhouettes in the trailer to their in game art and figured out who the Hero Fest units are.

Ike, Ninian, Julia, and Genny.

That's actually a fantastic banner.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
For those that are interested, Nintendo uploaded the trailer for the upcoming new Summer Banner featuring the Nohrian royals:

Unit-wise, it seems Female Corrin and Xander. Both got some pretty good skills.
"Summer is the scum of the seasons"

-Takumi

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just got back home from watching the stream.

-Woo! Valter hype! Of the villains he's one of my favorites from Sacred Stones, so I'm glad that he's finally being made playable here. Overall, he looks pretty solid, stats look decent enough and his weapon and skillset are pretty solid, so I'll definitely pick him up and train him for my team. Also, as Opossum speculated, we should be getting a Sacred Stones banner alongside him if what happened with Berkut is any indication, so hoping to see some favorites in it.

-Honestly, the only one that really catches my interest in the Summer banner is Corrin. That's not to say I don't like the other characters, but the others don't really bring a lot to the table that really entice me. Corrin is another Wyvern Mage, which are rare, so if I do summon from the banner I'll exclusively go for her.

-The QoL changes look pretty good, they seem pretty intent on making Tempest Trial less of a slog, the new Arena mode actually looks decent, switching the summon rates is very nice since 4 star units are a lot better to get, and the free first summon is a nice little treat to get. All in all, they're pretty good changes and ones that were needed to keep the game going.

-August is going to be raining orbs, 60 from log-in, 3-5 per banner maps (with quests doubling that), another set for the Bound Hero, Tempest Trials should still give out a bunch as you climb your way up, and of course there's the usual monthly quests. Considering how many banners they're probably throwing at us next month (Hero Fest, Nohrian Summer, TT, and likely Sacred Stones), they're much appreciated, especially as a F2P player.

-Finally, if the speculation is correct, then the Hero Fest is a great banner. Genny is wanted for Wrathful Staff, Ninian is a great dancer, Ike is Ike, and Julia is a great Green Mage. No matter which orb you pick from you're getting something good out of it, and if it keeps the 5% rate then that's even better maybe I'll finally get Ninian.

All in all, not a bad stream. I was hoping to get a non-seasonal banner, but the rest of the information we got was promising.

Also, for those interested, the dataminers got the character artwork for the Nohrian Summer banner, so that's nice though how is Corrin's damaged artwork allowed?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Can we sit down for a moment and appreciate how ****ing detailed Corrin's encyclopedia looks?

Bonus points for the Nemo cameo.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just got to Perfect Cell in the Original Series on DVD

So, I'm going to play the Perfect Cell Song

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
LITERALLY
DUAL SQUELCHER

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The FE Heroes news sounds pretty disappointing in general.

The QoL stuff is great and Valter is something a lot of people wanted, but we really don't need another Summer banner. And we especially don't need more FemCorrin and Nohr pandering. Gotta love how they didn't include Camilla, I guess they don't want to make TOO much money off that banner. :V

Most important news though is that the official name of the owl is "Feh", and that it's a girl.

EDIT: OK I looked at the broadcast and there are more things that people weren't mentioning. Just the banners are disappointing.

I almost think there is too much going on in the game at once. I won't have time for Chain Challenge at this rate.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Means jack all to me. Honestly, this just makes me want to see it in theaters to properly judge it for myself. I don't take review numbers seriously, but the contents of the review, and only if there's actually an attempt at a proper review. Criticisms are good. Refusing to judging it on its own merits is unfair. It does help that I read the interview and know more behind the scenes, so it's pretty impossible for me to hate on it as is. Not that I could either way, since it's not in my blood to hate on something. It's a standard I have. Criticize properly or kindly shut up if you can't say something constructive.
You said this HOURS after reviews dropped and the movie was heavily criticized for not being funny and basically being one big commercial. Besides, post release embargoes ALWAYS mean the company is hiding something and banking on people seeing the movie before reviews come out

D

Deleted member

Im with him, Monoma is meh.

Only good thing about was being called a "perverse person" lol
how do you guys even remember these japanese names

Also snarky characters I like. . .hmmm
Oh yeah. . .one of my favorite characters in gaming is pretty much a snark-machine
Toph is great too. My favorite character from my favorite show.

I cant really think of any bad examples though so I cant really say I dislike,like the archetype
You're wrong and Monoma must be protected
He's literally Kirby in human form
One thing I'm happy about is that Shadows of Valentia brought back character specific boss conversations for units other than the main lords.
I'm glad Sonya gets a conversation with Jedah.

The fact that Virion didn't get a boss conversation with Walhart despite Walhart completely taking over Rosanne and forcing him to abandon his own duchy is the biggest offender. You'd think he of all people would have something to say. Yes, this still irks me all these years later. :p

Anyway, the FEH live stream should start soon on Nintendo Mobile's YouTube channel.
Unfotunately, it's literally just one. I expected none due to how Gaiden was but the fact thar they did this shows they could have implemented more
Clive should get at least one with Fernand(in the border fight)
The villagers, or at least Alm, could have had one against Slayde in the Last Bastion
Literally anyone whose reasons for joining Celica is to kick Grieth's butt, especially Atlas
Sonya suffering from Kaze syndrome and not getting any quotes in the final map against Jedah or her sisters
****ING ZEKE WITH RUDOLF WHAT IS THIS ****
So in case anyone here missed out on the Fire Emblem Heroes broadcast, this was the main highlight:

*muffled screams heard in the background*
I can't believe IS remembers something other than incest from SS
I hope this means a SS banner, because even if I'm not playing the game anymore, I need Joshua art.
Or they could make a banner with only units that want to bang Eirika: Saleh, Innes, Seth and Lyon, let's go

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You said this HOURS after reviews dropped and the movie was heavily criticized for not being funny and basically being one big commercial. Besides, post release embargoes ALWAYS mean the company is hiding something and banking on people seeing the movie before reviews come out
You mean hiding nothing. They need it to bank on people to see it on their own because they were riding the company's own future on its success(apparently. That's still a rumor). There is nothing to hide. Embargoes are honestly one of the healthiest things to do anyway. People should stop looking at review scores and always judge for themselves. Likewise, the only way your point here about the embargo could ever have any justification is if SPA was not actually banking on this movie's success. That in itself is an unproven rumor. But if it is, then they damn well should not let people be influenced by any earlier reviews, since they need the movie to do well. Trying to bank on something like this is not a good decision anyway, but see down below why the movie was doomed to not do well as is(and no, it wasn't because "lol, it copied movies not named Toy Story".

This movie gets tons of entirely undeserved flak for things it didn't even do. For a few factors, let's remember that it based its ideas off of Toy Story. It should not be treated like it copies other movies, when that's not at all the case. Pretending it tried to copy something else beyond Toy Story's concept is intentionally twisting the facts to hate on it, and we all know it. It'd be hypocritical to not give other movies that did the same thing equal flak for "copying" a concept. Frankly, Inside Out and Wreck-It Ralph are great movies, yes. But they also went with the same main concept as Toy Story. They are just as inspired as The Emoji Movie. Again, don't pretend otherwise.

What the issue is is that the execution of the movie has issues. But that's also what was going to happen when trying to make one-note characters into multi-faceted. It had honestly no way it would do better. Wasn't going to happen. That's a simple reality check.

Funny thing is, I made sure to extensive research. You know the crap it gets for supposedly getting some movies put on the backburner? Not only is it untrue, but actually reading the interviews shows that it's just SPA being dumb at best. They didn't give a single reason to actually stop either movie from getting finished. They just... did. "Not interested" is the beginning and the end of it. It's funny too, because that's entirely SPA making poor decisions and nothing more. http://www.cartoonbrew.com/intervie...-can-you-imagine-and-samurai-jack-119737.html http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-...sony-pictures-animation-exclusive-122954.html It's sad too, because it doesn't deserve any of this hatred, and constantly misblaming it for something it has nothing to do with(and I wonder how many still do even when evidence shows it's unrelated) just shows people will make excuses to be petty.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You mean hiding nothing. They need it to bank on people to see it on their own because they were riding the company's own future on its success(apparently. That's still a rumor). There is nothing to hide. Embargoes are honestly one of the healthiest things to do anyway. People should stop looking at review scores and always judge for themselves. Likewise, the only way your point here about the embargo could ever have any justification is if SPA was not actually banking on this movie's success. That in itself is an unproven rumor. But if it is, then they damn well should not let people be influenced by any earlier reviews, since they need the movie to do well. Trying to bank on something like this is not a good decision anyway, but see down below why the movie was doomed to not do well as is(and no, it wasn't because "lol, it copied movies not named Toy Story".

This movie gets tons of entirely undeserved flak for things it didn't even do. For a few factors, let's remember that it based its ideas off of Toy Story. It should not be treated like it copies other movies, when that's not at all the case. Pretending it tried to copy something else beyond Toy Story's concept is intentionally twisting the facts to hate on it, and we all know it. It'd be hypocritical to not give other movies that did the same thing equal flak for "copying" a concept. Frankly, Inside Out and Wreck-It Ralph are great movies, yes. But they also went with the same main concept as Toy Story. They are just as inspired as The Emoji Movie. Again, don't pretend otherwise.

What the issue is is that the execution of the movie has issues. But that's also what was going to happen when trying to make one-note characters into multi-faceted. It had honestly no way it would do better. Wasn't going to happen. That's a simple reality check.

Funny thing is, I made sure to extensive research. You know the crap it gets for supposedly getting some movies put on the backburner? Not only is it untrue, but actually reading the interviews shows that it's just SPA being dumb at best. They didn't give a single reason to actually stop either movie from getting finished. They just... did. "Not interested" is the beginning and the end of it. It's funny too, because that's entirely SPA making poor decisions and nothing more. http://www.cartoonbrew.com/intervie...-can-you-imagine-and-samurai-jack-119737.html http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-...sony-pictures-animation-exclusive-122954.html It's sad too, because it doesn't deserve any of this hatred, and constantly misblaming it for something it has nothing to do with(and I wonder how many still do even when evidence shows it's unrelated) just shows people will make excuses to be petty.
*sigh*
Embargoes aren't bad. Unless they are post release. Post release embargoes only apply to movies or games that are outright awful or an absolute mess. People who only look at a score are in the wrong, but the review scores being that low is for a reason. People CHECKED the reviews and boom! Turns out the movie is almost entirely product placement for phone apps, turns out the writing is bad! The movie got flak when it was first announced because of the ridiculous concept. Emojis are just emoticons. How do you make a good story with that? It's like if I made a movie about moldy bread. People would go "How do you make an interesting movie with something that has nothing you can go on?" The Emoji movie's criticisms for being too similar to other movies applies as it's not just Wreck it Ralph or Inside Out, but also the Lego movie to the point on of the characters in the Emoji movie has a WAY too similar design to a character from the Lego movie. The movies are rather recent and were all positively received due to their charm and writing.
If the movie needed to do well, you know what SPA should have done? Made a good movie. The studio had a stupid idea people questioned if it would work, the movie kept looking to be outright bad by having Patrick Stewart play as ****, the movie's concept was stupid when we got a plot synopsis, the movie's blatantly just trying to go "HEY KIDS YALL LIKE THIS ONE THING? GO WATCH THE MOVIE!", the rumour that they want to make a Netflix thing based off of the eggplant emoji and how the writers don't understand emonjis. One of the trailers had a corner of "underused emojis" with the eggplant emoji. That emoji's VERY common due to it being phallic. There's also the gimmicky trailers shot in angles that only work if you have a smartphone when watching and only move your head. The movie was DOA because it looked terrible and the marketing team didn't change opinions. Now that it's out, it turns out the movie is just awful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom