• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Just you wait guys.

We are gonna get Emoji Movie 2: Critics are like Golf right?
heres hoping this movies suck ass so hard it kills sony's movie division....because then we could continue to get spiderman movies that are on par with home comming, sure a bunch of people will be out of a job but thems the prices to have to pay for spawning the emoji movie, plus i really have no good will for the movie section of sony whos reaction to a famouus and beloved celebrity is "hey they were popular lets announce a remake of one of their best films not even a month after their death
*Cough Cough* Ghosbusters, pans labrynth and jumanji *Cough Cough*

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't use emojis (outside of SmashBoards' smilies) but when are you actually supposed to use a poo emoji in a conversation or chat?

All I can think of is bowel movements (I'm not that sad).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't use emojis (outside of SmashBoards' smilies) but when are you actually supposed to use a poo emoji in a conversation or chat?

It's a joke emoji to use among friends.

I use it to denote when someone has **** taste. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I've got an example of when to use it
"Hey dood, how was the emoji movie?"
I don't think I need to go further into detail
****ING HELL AURANE

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Guess we all Bnow what could have Baved this Bovie...

The P block :secretkpop:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
so just now i finished making a 3D model of Hakkun and i am the first one to ever do it.
as for the design i mixed both his official artwork and sprite and got this result, his official artwork shows that he is short but in the sprites he looks taller so i mixed both and got a medium size.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It is ended. The Master Sword's true splendour has been restored.

IMG_20170727_220559.jpg

The Final Trials honestly aren't that bad. It's the longest, but it relies on gimmicks, and once you know those gimmicks, it's easy. Except the Guardian rooms, since you need to be good at laser parrying to deal with most of them.

I think it's time to fight Ganon now...

...is what I would say if I didn't just run into a technical issue with my Switch.

I went with my mother and my sister to a shopping centre out of town today, and brought my Switch with me (finished my victorious run of the Final Trials on the way there, in the car). I played using headphones, which is the first time I've done that. However, I come home, put my Switch in the dock, and...there's no sound coming from the TV. I've tried a few fixes so far but none have worked. Apparently this is an issue a lot of people have experienced.

Kind of a bummer since I wanted to tackle the big finale of the game on the TV. I can technically play docked with my headphones in the Switch, since the sound will still go to the headphones, but still, this is the second random issue I've had with it.

Has anyone here experienced this or know of a fix I might not have tried?

Also, I bought a Crash t-shirt. I would share a picture, but my phone isn't saving photos for some reason. Technology hates me today.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Interesting lore (from "The Art of Splatoon" book)
I have a suspicion that Octolings are born normally and are in some way the progenitor race. Octopus tentacles can't just come from nowhere, and Octolings have a full set. Judging by the above description the Octarians seem to mostly be wired as a servant race as well considering the low intelligence and high level of subservience, but Marina is completely independent.

Meanwhile I've seen brought up that Callie was brainwashed by glasses and all the Octolings wear glasses as well. . .

Getting into other lore,

Octarian tech is run by disembodied tentacles as well. Since so many people have pointed out the boss tentacles look like one of DJ Octavio's, I have to wonder if he's hacking his own tentacle off for each one. . .

Is he choosing that one in particular as a calling card, does the fact that it's scarred mean he doesn't care as much about losing it, . . .or is he hacking it off repeatedly hoping at some point it'll grow back without it? Hm.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I almost want Sony's movie department to go bankrupt...
But then I remember The Dark Tower is coming out and how much I god damn love Idris Elba
...Then again that movie's probably gonna flop too.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hope that book explains why they are all girls and boys dont seem to exsist
That was explained to an extent in Splatoon 1's Sunken Scrolls. . .in the sense that we know boys exist, not why we don't see them. DJ Octavio is an Octoling because we've seen an old photo of a male Octoling wearing his hat. . .and for that matter, he's also up there with Captain Cuttlefish in age.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That was explained to an extent in Splatoon 1's Sunken Scrolls. . .in the sense that we know boys exist, not why we don't see them. DJ Octavio is an Octoling because we've seen an old photo of a male Octoling wearing his hat. . .and for that matter, he's also up there with Captain Cuttlefish in age.
Hm ok but how come they arent fighting along with the girls? Minus octavio.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
That's the mystery, isn't it?

I mean a likely guess would be that the Splatoon team didn't feel like dumping the money into something that wouldn't be playable having gender alts, but that's a bit meta for the purpose of this conversation. That and it'd ruffle a lot of squids hoping for playable Octolings, LOL.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It is ended. The Master Sword's true splendour has been restored.

View attachment 131789

The Final Trials honestly aren't that bad. It's the longest, but it relies on gimmicks, and once you know those gimmicks, it's easy. Except the Guardian rooms, since you need to be good at laser parrying to deal with most of them.

I think it's time to fight Ganon now...

...is what I would say if I didn't just run into a technical issue with my Switch.

I went with my mother and my sister to a shopping centre out of town today, and brought my Switch with me (finished my victorious run of the Final Trials on the way there, in the car). I played using headphones, which is the first time I've done that. However, I come home, put my Switch in the dock, and...there's no sound coming from the TV. I've tried a few fixes so far but none have worked. Apparently this is an issue a lot of people have experienced.

Kind of a bummer since I wanted to tackle the big finale of the game on the TV. I can technically play docked with my headphones in the Switch, since the sound will still go to the headphones, but still, this is the second random issue I've had with it.

Has anyone here experienced this or know of a fix I might not have tried?

Also, I bought a Crash t-shirt. I would share a picture, but my phone isn't saving photos for some reason. Technology hates me today.
You check to make sure the Switch isn't muted?

It automatically mutes when you remove headphones from the console...though I'm not sure if it remains muted if you dock it, but it might be a good idea to double check...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

So, like the Gerudo?:ganondorfmelee:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder if the Cell in the main universe had the cells of Cell

Before it was killed

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
They mentioned in one Famitsu article that ran during Splatoon 1's life cycle that girl inklings were the original development focus, to the point boy inklings almost didn't happen.

Speculation, but I suppose it's possible that Octolings were crafted at a similar stage in development. Inklings later got seen as important enough to diversify, Octolings not so much.

Why they didn't change that for 2 is a more interesting question. The Octolings are still mostly in the background in the sequel too, Marina aside, so perhaps it just never came to mind.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I wonder if the Cell in the main universe had the cells of Cell

Before it was killed
but if cell has cells cells from future cell, does that mean futre cells cells are comprised of cells made up of cells from a diffrent futre cells cells and would him commign abck mean cell would get cells cells futre cells cells and alt fure cells celss an
habigitubityjubjubjub

regarldess im going to make a snap judgement call and guess that they will add octoling hair for inklings....also marinas amiibo will give you octoling armor from splat1

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'm finally catching up to Super and holy **** Buu.

We gave this up for Frieza.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You check to make sure the Switch isn't muted?

It automatically mutes when you remove headphones from the console...though I'm not sure if it remains muted if you dock it, but it might be a good idea to double check...
It's not. I turned the console off before removing the headphones and it wasn't muted when I turned it back on in handheld mode. It's only muted in TV mode.

---------

I decided to play with my headphones. I've now finished The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, one of my personal most anticipated games of all time. This also marks the first time I've finished the story of a mainline 3D Zelda game. Hopefully this can mark the end of that old curse...

I might consider doing a review-esque write-up on the game in the near future, but some quick thoughts on the final boss/ending, as well as on the game in general.

My brother, who's a huge Zelda fan and has been greatly looking forward to this game, actually told me that the final boss was the only thing in particular that disappointed him, since he thought it was too easy.

I can kind of see what he meant. The first phase, Calamity Ganon, is basically all of dungeon bosses thrown into a blender, plus he has Guardian legs and a Guaridan laser. If you have gone for a "canon ending" run of the game, then you will already have faced all of the bosses Calamity Ganon pulls from, meaning you already know how to beat him. Don't get me wrong, Calamity Ganon is TECHNICALLY a great fight on it's own, since he has a lot of moves and there are various ways to deal with them, everything has clear telegraphs but the timing can be strict enough to keep things intense and challenging. It reminds me a lot of a Kingdom Hearts 2 boss fight (or one of the better ones, at least). However, the sole issue is that since every single one of his moves is recycled from something else in the game, there is nothing new to learn. You've already fought Calamity Ganon before you've even reached him, so you know how to fight him. And while I'm sure he is an intense challenge in a more minimalistic run of the game, that isn't how most people will experience the fight.

The second phase is the one I imagine my brother was bothered by. It's a cakewalk, even if you did a minimalistic run of the game. For all intents and purposes, it's practically an interactive cutscene. You're literally told how to fight him, you are given the specific weapon you need, you are given Epona for free, and you shoot huge glowing points in his body, and he barely attacks you. Hell, I tried throwing Mipha's Lightscale Trident (because I'M REALLY FIGHTING FOR HER GOD DAMN IT) at him for the finishing blow, but it seems like Ganon automatically sounds out a blast to knock you back if you so much as pull out any weapon that isn't the Bow of Light for the finishing blow. So yeah, just do as your told in this phase. I think this fight would have been fine if the first phase was more original, but as a whole, the final boss was indeed a bit meh.

The ending is much the same. I mean I didn't expect much, because if you really want it to be, the story in this game can be as simplistic as the original Zelda game if you do a minimalistic run. You fight Ganon and save Zelda, that's all that happens. I imagine Princess Zelda/ZeLink fanatics loved the ending on principle, but it doesn't work on me. It perhaps doesn't help that I don't particularly like this games version of Zelda. But I commend them for what is an effective homage to the original game.

The extra ending was a little more interesting since it actually deals with some of the game's lore. And of course I loved that it was basically about Mipha. Also Zelda can't hear the voice from the Master Sword (Fi?) anymore, which I don't even recall from earlier in the game. Either way, it's looking like the DLC Pack 2 is gonna continue on in some way. I think that's a bit scummy - locking your true ending behind a pay wall is never a nice thing to do (and please nobody defend this, nobody defends other companies when they do it). But I still look forward to it, and it's already paid for since I wanted DLC Pack 1.

Anyway, what do I think of the game in general?

Well I usually don't use numbers, but I will say - it's definitely not a 10/10 game. Not even close. A 10/10 game is a game that is objectively strong and complete in every aspect, while also having enough well-rounded charm to make it appealing on a surface level to a majority of players. At the very least, it should do everything it sets out to do with near perfection. Breath of the Wild does not do this. It has many noteworthy flaws, some debatable and subjective, and some that are stone cold fact. Past Zelda games do certain things a lot better than Breath of the Wild does, even. I would of course go into more detail if I do a full write-up, but most people who have played the game would know at least some of the things I'm thinking of.

Do not misunderstand me though - Nintendo still put out one of their best games in a very, very long time with Breath of the Wild. This is like the Switch's Super Mario Galaxy. It's a promise that Nintendo can put out a jaw dropping, immersive title, when they really put their mind to it. It's easily one of my favourite games of all time, on a personal level. It's definitely within my top 3 Zelda games. But I also don't want to overrate it. It's not even a contender for a potential best game of all time (and to be frank, I've yet to see one at all).

That being said, I'd love for the next AAA Zelda title to build off of this game. Do not throw this work away, Nintendo. There is so much you could do with this formula.

Now it's time to watch all the reviews and videos I never could before.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Tried a sample of the "The Art of Splatoon" on my tablet. Pretty neat.

Hard to believe it's 320 pages long and Splatoon 2 is only on the last couple of pages.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Here's a question for everyone here:

1.What do you think of snarky characters in anime/video games/movies/TV shows/books/etc.? Do you tend to like them or dislike them?
2. Any examples of snarky characters you like/dislike (depending on your answer to question 1)?

1. For me, I generally like them. Some of the funniest moments I find in any series is a character making some sort of snarky comment, so you can say I find snarky characters humorous.
2. I have three:
  • Python from Fire Emblem Echoes: He's my favorite character in the game. One of the reasons why I like him is because I found most of his dialogue to be pretty funny, especially when he is snarky. Probably my favorite snarky line from him is when you feed him a food he doesn't like. He states, "Wow... this is really terrible." The way how he delivers that line makes it sound like he enjoys at first, but then we learn he didn't, and that's what makes it hilarious to me.
  • Ram from Re:Zero: Though she is very underdeveloped compared to her sister (from the anime alone that is), Ram had a number of memorable lines during the second arc of the show. Ram is quite the snarky character, and her snarky dialogue was pretty funny, such as the one where she tells Subaru, "I think you're mere existence is a mistake."
  • Niles from Fire Emblem Fates: Another snarky guy who can leave some harsh words to other characters, but those harsh words can be endearing. Namely, his snarky comments are often done in a way to prove a point, such as his supports with Mozu.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

1.What do you think of snarky characters in anime/video games/movies/TV shows/books/etc.? Do you tend to like them or dislike them?
2. Any examples of snarky characters you like/dislike (depending on your answer to question 1)?

1. For me, I generally like them. Some of the funniest moments I find in any series is a character making some sort of snarky comment, so you can say I find snarky characters humorous.
2. I have three:
  • Python from Fire Emblem Echoes: He's my favorite character in the game. One of the reasons why I like him is because I found most of his dialogue to be pretty funny, especially when he is snarky. Probably my favorite snarky line from him is when you feed him a food he doesn't like. He states, "Wow... this is really terrible." The way how he delivers that line makes it sound like he enjoys at first, but then we learn he didn't, and that's what makes it hilarious to me.
  • Ram from Re:Zero: Though she is very underdeveloped compared to her sister (from the anime alone that is), Ram had a number of memorable lines during the second arc of the show. Ram is quite the snarky character, and her snarky dialogue was pretty funny, such as the one where she tells Subaru, "I think you're mere existence is a mistake."
  • Niles from Fire Emblem Fates: Another snarky guy who can leave some harsh words to other characters, but those harsh words can be endearing. Namely, his snarky comments are often done in a way to prove a point, such as his supports with Mozu.
I do like them and if they are like Niles, they are good to me

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

2. I have three:
It all would depend on the specific character for me. A good example for me would be Sonic the Hedgehog while a bad one would be Monoma from My Hero Academia.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon

1. They add to the comedy. I'm so fond of these types of characters. Some of them can even become savages. I love them.
  • Toph from Avatar the Last Air-bender: This girl straight up has dialogue that literally speak my mind whenever scenes go where the party forget about her blindness. Such as Sokka complaining one time when they're entering a dark tunnel (Toph: Oh no! What a nightmare!) or Katara accusing her of a poster of her (Toph: I DON'T KNOW! I mean what's with you people?! I'm BLIND!). Even saw a video that showcase all those moments!
  • Geffoery from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air: Man knows how to get creative with those roasts!
  • Jade from Tales of the Abyss: "Which Jade is that? I don't know any Jades with such poor taste in friends..." LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :rotfl:
  • I only played Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World for a brief moment but Tenebrae was also pretty hilarious in those miscellaneous skits.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Usually I'd be ok with this, but the review embargo's still up despite the movie already being out. That's NEVER a good sign
Means jack all to me. Honestly, this just makes me want to see it in theaters to properly judge it for myself. I don't take review numbers seriously, but the contents of the review, and only if there's actually an attempt at a proper review. Criticisms are good. Refusing to judging it on its own merits is unfair. It does help that I read the interview and know more behind the scenes, so it's pretty impossible for me to hate on it as is. Not that I could either way, since it's not in my blood to hate on something. It's a standard I have. Criticize properly or kindly shut up if you can't say something constructive.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Wanting to make something fun and unique isn't the same as making something fun and unique.

As it is, the film has a purely electronic character tired of fulfilling his "purpose" and tries to do something new, only to put the entire system at risk of a reboot, killing everyone. Along the way he teams up with a spunky girl character who has some mysterious past and ends up going through a candy-based world. It almost certainly ends with the character realizing his place in the world and setting things right.

It's literally Wreck-It Ralph.
I really hope Mario can appear in the sequel.
>Likes Mineta
>Hates precious baby Monoma
Get out. Now.

Asui the best, Toga my fav villain.

>Likes Mineta
>Hates precious baby Monoma
Get out. Now.

Im with him, Monoma is meh.

Only good thing about was being called a "perverse person" lol
how do you guys even remember these japanese names

Also snarky characters I like. . .hmmm
Oh yeah. . .one of my favorite characters in gaming is pretty much a snark-machine
Toph is great too. My favorite character from my favorite show.

I cant really think of any bad examples though so I cant really say I dislike,like the archetype

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

2. I have three:
1. They have their moments, both good and bad...So long as they're not annoying in their snarkiness and it's merely a trait used to add to their character rather than completely make up their character...

2. Nuff said...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Whoever's idea it was to name Gigantic, Gigantic. I'd kindly like to punch them in the face.

Looking up that word on social media is practically like typing ''Porn." in it's place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom