• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This got cancelled despite looking great. Considering the Emoji movie is something Sony's REALLY banking on, it's a conclusion people ended up pulling which doesn't sound too stupid. This IS the same company that wants to make an R rated comedy of Venom without Spiderman in the movie
Oh, so it's an assumption?

Then I'll gladly throw it into the Rubbish Bin where it belongs. I refuse to judge a movie based upon a lack of evidence. It's a coincidence and the Emoji movie deserves zero flak for what happened to the Popeye movie. I do agree the movie should be way better than it is, and I can fully understand people not liking it(hence the criticisms I gave about its premise).

Being basically the same story as Wreck-It Ralph is a bad thing for it. Not just cause "it's not original", but the complete and utter fact that it has to compete with a movie who did the plot already isn't going to make it bomb easily. To note, people won't judge it on its own merits anyway. Excuses will be made(like the Popeye assumption. That's a pointless excuse to hate on it. With zero evidence they're related, if anything, they should just ignore what happened and actually criticize SPA for banking it all on this movie as is).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Alright, call me crazy, but just what is TPC leading into?

Takara Tomy is promoting its newest set of plushes...but one of them's a mystery, set to be revealed on August 10th. Apparently this is unusual; their normal M.O. is unveiling new plushes near the end of the month.

But here's the thing, this isn't some blip on the radar, because Bandai's doing the same thing.

They make Pokémon figurines, and one figure in their new set is also being kept secret, a "mystery from the anime" they're going to show off later next month.

Two different companies, making two different types of merch, both hiding something they consider important. But when we have so little to work with, what new forms could they be-

...Hey, wait a minute, hasn't there been placeholder data for more Lycanroc forms in the Global Link for months now?

Okay, I know what you're thinking. "Aren't you jumping to conclusions and letting your personal bias blind you?" Ordinarily, I wouldn't have brought this up, but here's where it gets interesting. The fact that the Takara Tomy plush is set to be revealed on the 10th is interesting, because there's a new anime episode set to debut in Japan the very same day.

An episode focused on Tapu Lele...and Ash's Rockruff.

They may well be setting something up here. I wouldn't be surprised if we finally got a USM trailer in the next week and a half, with new forms in tow.

Daybreak Lycanroc hype?
♪ I smell CoroCoro news soon! ♪

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh, so it's an assumption?

Then I'll gladly throw it into the Rubbish Bin where it belongs. I refuse to judge a movie based upon a lack of evidence. It's a coincidence and the Emoji movie deserves zero flak for what happened to the Popeye movie. I do agree the movie should be way better than it is, and I can fully understand people not liking it(hence the criticisms I gave about its premise).

Being basically the same story as Wreck-It Ralph is a bad thing for it. Not just cause "it's not original", but the complete and utter fact that it has to compete with a movie who did the plot already isn't going to make it bomb easily. To note, people won't judge it on its own merits anyway. Excuses will be made(like the Popeye assumption. That's a pointless excuse to hate on it. With zero evidence they're related, if anything, they should just ignore what happened and actually criticize SPA for banking it all on this movie as is).
Usually I'd be ok with this, but the review embargo's still up despite the movie already being out. That's NEVER a good sign

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
If I get Miitopia, who wants to be my first 3 party members?
*raises hand*
----------------------
Also, I asked this in the Fire Emblem thread but since it's dead and no one's responded, I figured I should ask it here: How should I do Jedah's map? He nullifies all damage except on specific turns, he's equipped with a Dracoshield (so every hit probably won't deal more than 1 HP, and that's if it hits), he's a Cantor, and to top it all of, it's a swamp map. So how should I tackle his map? Thanks in advance.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
*raises hand*
----------------------
Also, I asked this in the Fire Emblem thread but since it's dead and no one's responded, I figured I should ask it here: How should I do Jedah's map? He nullifies all damage except on specific turns, he's equipped with a Dracoshield (so every hit probably won't deal more than 1 HP, and that's if it hits), he's a Cantor, and to top it all of, it's a swamp map. So how should I tackle his map? Thanks in advance.
If you're talking about getting rid of Jedah himself, one way to cheese it is to whittle down his turn counter with Dread Fighters or considerably bulky Bow Knights three times, and then give Celica a Mage Ring and hit him with Ragnarok from afar. This is very dependent on luck though.

Or do what I did and ignore Jedah completely and kill everything else. The battle will end even if Jedah isn't defeated. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*raises hand*
----------------------
You can ignore him as he leaves the map on Turn 6.

However, if you do want to beat him there(and since you'll need to do so later):
His Duma's Pact doesn't take effect on every 4th round of combat, so chip away out of his range using Mage Rings and Bows with three characters and then attack him.
The problem is that he recovers 10HP per turn so it becomes kinda tricky to get past his defenses and deal more than 10 damage every turn, especially since you're likely only attacking him once to deal damage.
From experience, only Celica's Ragnarok can ORKO him, and that's if she dodges his counters(or if she has enough Atk to not need the Grimoire Ring and go with the Mage Ring).
This can be done in Turn 1 if you have enough shields with Swap and/or Shove or just a Sage Atlas whi can Rescue Celica to the desired spot(or Shade if you have the DLC).

Basically, grind Celica hard and/or hope she dodges a 63% hit
Ghast does that in his LP so just look for the episode in question if you want to see step by step

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Because it's bad. Reviews are out. The average review score is a 10% rating
And pumpky I already said this but Taikyo no Tatsujin on the Switch is coming to the west
Review embargo is over?
Dis gon be gud

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So I saw the GameXplain video of FEW. Characters appearing in a cutscene is Japanese only whereas the rest is English. I hope they just didn't finish the cutscenes dub for the demo because otherwise that'll be REALLY jarring. And there's an annoying ass beeping sound when low on health. ****

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Review embargo is over?
Dis gon be gud
I'm just glad basically every review I've seen is calling it a shameless ripoff of either Inside Out, Wreck-It Ralph, or both.
So I saw the GameXplain video of FEW. Characters appearing in a cutscene is Japanese only whereas the rest is English. I hope they just didn't finish the cutscenes dub for the demo because otherwise that'll be REALLY jarring. And there's an annoying *** beeping sound when low on health. ****
They stressed over and over during the E3 demo that everything's getting dubbed, but they haven't gotten to it yet.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm just glad basically every review I've seen is calling it a shameless ripoff of either Inside Out, Wreck-It Ralph, or both.

They stressed over and over during the E3 demo that everything's getting dubbed, but they haven't gotten to it yet.
Thank god. Cause I can't listen to Japanese Chrom. All I hear is "OH NOOOO!", "HAPPY JOYPY NICE TO MEETCHAPY" and "TSUGI NI OMAE WA..."

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thank god. Cause I can't listen to Japanese Chrom. All I hear is "OH NOOOO!", "HAPPY JOYPY NICE TO MEETCHAPY" and "TSUGI NI OMAE WA..."
And since I have no Jojo exposure (Expojo?) I just hear Takamaru. :p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

"Inside Out crossed with a Sony commercial dunked in toxic ooze" seems to be the consensus.

I expected lukewarm to okay reception, but nope; it's gonna get Kirk Cameron'd.

D

Deleted member

39681368-762d-497f-a76d-de31dfd7b3c6.jpg

Joe Joe Berserko Advantage Part 1: Plankton Club
So I saw the GameXplain video of FEW. Characters appearing in a cutscene is Japanese only whereas the rest is English. I hope they just didn't finish the cutscenes dub for the demo because otherwise that'll be REALLY jarring. And there's an annoying *** beeping sound when low on health. ****
*Pokemon BW war flashbacks*

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
BW actually did the annoying beeping right. They made it a track which really makes you go "OH CRAP" and feel stressed
I was sad this didn't carry over into later generations. That and the "Gym Leader Final Pokémon" music.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I was sad this didn't carry over into later generations. That and the "Gym Leader Final Pokémon" music.
Although the final pokemon music didn't keep me hooked, it's stuff like that which makes me upset Gen V got shafted so hard even if I'm losing my drive to play the games. It was immersive and presentation wise, top notch! I'd say the same for Sun and Moon but the protag's facial expression not changing ruins it. Plus Gen V had the best additions to the roster imo

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I legit miss the pre-Gen V low HP alarm. Having the loud*** beep constantly was cool and unnerving at the same time.

D

Deleted member

BW actually did the annoying beeping right. They made it a track which really makes you go "OH CRAP" and feel stressed
I mever liked it due to how it interrupted the battle music, which usually was the Gym Leader's Final Stand track
Seriously, that was my favorite thing ever, whenever I got to the last Pokemon and it started playing, I felt so hyped.
I at least hope they bring it back when BW gets remade, but also put it for major battles like the E4, N and Ghetsis

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I also knew something wasn't right when the advertisements had even more ****ing advertisements in them (even worse that they were Candy Crush and Just Dance)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
By the way, my Bad Opinions are playing up again as SGB's been playing the (awful) AoT game on PS4. Attack on Titan as an anime ****ing sucks.

Wait is it still a trademark Gwen's **** Taste moment? Cause Johnny and I share the same criticisms pretty much

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just you wait guys.

We are gonna get Emoji Movie 2: Critics are like Golf right?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Yikes. A 0% so far.
What is The Emoji Movie? A miserable pile of recycled plot and horribles ideas that should have never seen the light of day.
Now, I'm just going to hope that this movie bomb. For the greater good, the greater good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom