• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
After a recent discovery. I NEED to find scans or a place to buy a manga called "Dr. Mario-Kun" (ドクターマリオくん).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What I don't want to see just yet is the FE4 Gen 1 banner. I spent all my orbs on getting Leon and Sonya (and even got Alm thrown in), and I only have 20 orbs right now, so I'd appreciate a little more time to build up my orbs again before Sigurd comes home. :p So given that, I'd like to see maybe a Dawn Brigade banner, since there aren't too many characters from there that I'd want (except maybe Jill). I think the Choose Your Legends characters will be coming soon too, so that's another possibility... I guess another Ike or Lucina would be nice to have (depends on their designs; if I don't like them, I'll just save my orbs); don't really care about the other two.
I get you completely, haha. Meanwhile I had terrible luck with these banners and didn't pull any of the new units, sadly. I'm hoping Gray/Mathilda/Saber/Leon drop to four stars at least.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yo. MyNewSoundtrack just made a MMX1 cover of Onslaught's theme from Marvel vs Capcom 1.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
**** sakes....everytime I'm trying to hide and be sneaky people keep squid jumping to my location...

I wonder if people are actually paying attention to what's going on on the map when they squid jump...like do you see enemy ink being spread or do you just not care...

Also one of my teammates did this after falling off the map, then immediately fell off the map again in the exact same spot after respawning....:facepalm:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I actually really like the loss theme... it helps smooth over the salt. :laugh:

Enjoying the game thus far, in fact I find it odd that I like the Carbon Roller and Blaster when I loathed them in the first one. My only issue is the cost and recovery of subs, I use them a lot more now than I did then. Might have to get gear that helps offset that. The mist and especially the seeker are just satisfying to use.

...Still hate the brush though. :urg: That hasn't changed. And by that I mean using it, not others using it.

The cloud special is nice in that it is good to just pop immediately, too often I die before reacting or finding a good opportunity. The slam is a good example of a special I waste frequently, but when you catch someone off guard or in a tight spot it definitely feels awesome. ^^

Are there incentives to doing the story mode outside of hero weapons? I tried it out and it's neat but actually getting money and levels seems just more rewarding.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, so I beat Splatoon 2, and full disclosure. . .

It's like they knew everything I loved and hated about the first game's final boss and made it just for me!

I'm sorry? You were expecting disappointment? I already spoiled myself on what it looked like, I can handle a Wilymobile DJ Table.

Full disclosure? Having mooks pelted in my face? Nearly being pushed off a cliff constantly? Having to chase down a boss? Hate it. I'm here to fight in the glorious dance of combat, not literally everything else. Everyone I hear talk about this seems to think it's a downgrade, but. . .no. What I liked was the chatter, the theatrics. It actually took me a second play to warm up to the first game's fight.

Is it easy? Sure it's easy. But really, it's a reflection of DJ Octavio himself really. He can't carry much more weight than a normal end-of-level video game boss, but DARN if he isn't classy while he does it.

Final phase on grind rails? This game gets me. On a fundamental level.

The whole thing is just my kind of treat.

. . .Also I missed a few Sunken Scrolls, but I found the answer to my Lil' Judd question.

Judd's creator was even more nuts than I thought he was. He stuffed a zygote in a canister in with Judd and set it to start growing if the stasis capsule was recharged in case Judd "got lonely." Some Inklings put the "ancient relic" in a museum and plugged it in, and somebody accidentally unplugged it (presumably recently) and noticed it was still running anyway.

So to count, this guy made his cat immortal, definitely sapient enough to know how to plug something in and why, preserved him to survive an extinction event, and packed an undeveloped presumable clone in with him juuuuust in case he got lonely.

. . .This is a level of mad scientist crazy that normally creates supervillains being channeled into "I love my cat more than anything in existence." Just so we're clear.

. . .I realllly want to know what else this guy got up to. You know if he took it this far it doesn't end here.

Last edited:

Dis is nice

Anyway, started Sonic Adventure 2. City Escape is such a great/cheesy song.

Sonic's levels and Knuckles levels have been fine, but man I really don't like the Tails levels. . .which is unfortunately exactly what I expected.

Although 2 out of 3 aint bad. In fact, El Tigre told me 1 out of 3 aint bad (one hell of an obscure reference there. . .)

Game gives abslutely no attempts to try and be consistent and have any kind of story, and the animations and voice acting are hillarious. Gameply is good though so im not hating it.

Might not be able to play until Friday, but the Aquatic Mine is next.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Dis is nice

Anyway, started Sonic Adventure 2. City Escape is such a great/cheesy song.

Sonic's levels and Knuckles levels have been fine, but man I really don't like the Tails levels. . .which is unfortunately exactly what I expected.

Although 2 out of 3 aint bad. In fact, El Tigre told me 1 out of 3 aint bad (one hell of an obscure reference there. . .)

Game gives abslutely no attempts to try and be consistent and have any kind of story, and the animations and voice acting are hillarious. Gameply is good though so im not hating it.

Might not be able to play until Friday, but the Aquatic Mine is next.
Ooooh, Sonic Adventure 2 :p You grabbed my attention haha. I enjoy that game a lot, even though its flaws are pretty noticable.
I love City Escape as well. It's a really fun level. My personal fav speed stage though is Crazy Gadget. It's challenging and fun for me.

The treasure hunting stages with Knuckles and Rouge can get tedious, but the early ones aren't bad. The ones you really have to worry about are Meteor Herd for Knuckles, and Security Hall and Mad Space for Rouge.

I haven't heard a lot of good thing about the mech stages, but I liked the Tails and Eggman stages personally. I just like blowing things up with lasers :p And, playing as Eggman feels surreal to me since he's normally the unplayable main villain.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I get you completely, haha. Meanwhile I had terrible luck with these banners and didn't pull any of the new units, sadly. I'm hoping Gray/Mathilda/Saber/Leon drop to four stars at least.
Since Sonya and Delthea come with personal weapons, that makes those four the most likely to be dropped down to 4*, I think. Though Saber's Shield Pulse is pretty useful, so he could end up being left as 5* only too; we'll just have to wait and see.

Leon is a great unit, I think. I got him as +Spd -Def, which hurts his otherwise decent bulk, but I'm still happy with him. This is how I have him set up:

He can even sink Hector with this kit, which is no mean feat (although I do have him paired with Eirika for those buffs). Guard is not that useful on him, though; I'll probably replace it at some point. If I had him as +Def, Close Counter and Vantage would have worked wonders, but oh well.

Sonya is pretty strong too. I haven't finished setting her up yet, but so far I have Green Tomebreaker to make her a more complete anti-mage unit. I'll probably end up going with Fury for her A skill, as boring as that would be.

----
Edit because the thread died:

They're having a live broadcast ~24 hours from now with news on future updates for Heroes:

They're actually showing it in English this time around (the previous one was only in Japanese), which is nice. I wonder what's in store. The six-month anniversary of the game's launch is soon, so hopefully something good is coming.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
He is already glass so don't worry about it i just didn't put it in render mode
as for harry:

Oh, so that's the case with Hakkun. Crazy as it may sound, I'd like to see how someone like him would play in Smash.

As for Harry, that looks REALLY good! BTW, how obscure would be if Harry got into ARMS as a playable character.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh gosh.

The emoji movie is out?

How bad is it?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
lul the Emoji Movie review embargo is in effect until friday.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Emoji Movie review: 0/10 for no :yeahboi:.

I watched this video and suddenly I felt enlightened.

Oh noooo.
Doctor Connors class.
So Alm and Celica's Army banners are about to end in Fire Emblem Heroes. Some people are speculating we may get a new Hero trailer tonight/tomorrow morning because of it. Others think we won't get one until the Summer banner ends.

For those that play, which units would you want to see?
Tomorrow I want a banner with Mia, Ilyana, Rolf and Micaiah.
Butttttt tomorrow we will instead see them reveal Sharp Fe characters, which I also want.
If I predict them everytime i'll get it right eventually.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Oh, so that's the case with Hakkun. Crazy as it may sound, I'd like to see how someone like him would play in Smash.

As for Harry, that looks REALLY good! BTW, how obscure would be if Harry got into ARMS as a playable character.
I wondered the same about Hakkun how the drinking color ability will be introduced in a smash game this would be something completely new and never seen before in a fighting game.

I think all the kids won't recognize Harry if he was added in ARMS just like ice climber in melee but if Nintendo decided to put him in more games (even just cameos) I think he would start becoming a recognize able character.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Pop quiz.

What's the worst time to be working on a pixel-by-pixel post in Splatoon 2?

The answer is the day of a patch.

It went live before I finished. Sent it to Twitter no problem, but I was forced to reboot before the post uploaded to the game itself. Lost everything.

Less mad than you'd think, I got plans.

That said if you see me swinging Dualies out there you just may wanna stay outta my way tonight.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The Emoji Movie's Writer/Director's highest rated movie is Lilo and Stitch 2...

He's also Writer/Director on The Emoji Movie...

This is also the first movie he's ever directed by himself.

It's called 'The Emoji Movie'...
What could POSSIBLY go wrong?!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Pop quiz.

What's the worst time to be working on a pixel-by-pixel post in Splatoon 2?

The answer is the day of a patch.

It went live before I finished. Sent it to Twitter no problem, but I was forced to reboot before the post uploaded to the game itself. Lost everything.

Less mad than you'd think, I got plans.

That said if you see me swinging Dualies out there you just may wanna stay outta my way tonight.
You make me feel worse about not being able to draw. I thought you said you couldnt draw

And I go to be before 2 so I probablyy wont see ya

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So Alm and Celica's Army banners are about to end in Fire Emblem Heroes. Some people are speculating we may get a new Hero trailer tonight/tomorrow morning because of it. Others think we won't get one until the Summer banner ends.

For those that play, which units would you want to see?
PoR Banner: Elincia, Ranulf, Tibarn, Ena, Jill
Sacred Stones: Seth, Tana, Joshua, L'archel, Ross

PoR: While the Tellius saga isn't lacking in characters compared to Magvel or Jugdral, there are still a few characters that can bring a lot to the table that are missing out right now. The Laguz in particular are a type of class that aren't represented in the game in any fashion, with the dragon shapeshifters being the closest, but only through one subgroup of them. As for why I chose these characters, Elincia is going to head the banner a la Katarina as she's second to Ike in terms of story importance in PoR, and since she has a unique weapon in Amiti that makes for a perfect choice to draw in fans to the banner. Ranulf is the most story important Beast laguz and is pretty popular, Tibarn is on a similar boat, and while Ena is questionable since Dragon shapeshifters are covered, it'd be odd to not have all three subgroups here and she makes the most sense (Nasir also works, but Ena has a bit more popularity). Finally, Jill was chosen to round out the group since she's a popular character and would round out the weapon types.

Sacred Stones: I just want this game to get more love, I'm not picky. General same idea, the basic idea is to draw from popular/story important characters to fill out the banner as well as giving a well rounded group of classes. Seth is here because he's important throughout most of the game and is infamous for breaking the game on his knee, Tana, Joshua, and L'archel were chosen for similar reasons (except trade breaking the game for popularity), and Ross because Sacred Stones is one of the few games that have Villagers and we don't have one that can wield axes yet.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You make me feel worse about not being able to draw. I thought you said you couldnt draw

And I go to be before 2 so I probablyy wont see ya
Eh, I can doodle some occasionally, I'm just not great at it. Definitely not great at doing it on the Switch.

I put that in with the D-pad.

Took seven hours, was as excruciating as it sounds.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Eh, I can doodle some occasionally, I'm just not great at it. Definitely not great at doing it on the Switch.

I put that in with the D-pad.

Took seven hours, was as excruciating as it sounds.
I myself have made many games by flipping individual bits on my hard drive

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Didn't realize Despicable Me had a fanbase in Japan
I only know Minions themselves is literally a cult impact in my country Taiwan, so no surprise for Japan.

If anyone curious on how much did Switch sell during the Splatoon 2 launch week.

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/07/26/japan-nintendo-switch-sells-98k-and-nintendo-3ds-sells-34k/

Wow, just wow Just barely 1000 to 100,000 units.

1. Switch – 98,999 (31,906)
  2. PlayStation 4 – 23,841 (28,569)
  3. New 2DS LL – 17,717 (43,315)
  4. New 3DS LL – 13,108 (12,101)
  5. PlayStation 4 Pro – 7,037 (7,649)
  6. PlayStation Vita – 4,545 (4,655)
  7. 2DS – 2,300 (1,901)
  8. New 3DS – 1,020 (1,242)
  9. Wii U – 176 (146)
  10. PlayStation 3 – 142 (129)
  11. Xbox One – 77 (200)

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The Emoji Movie's Writer/Director's highest rated movie is Lilo and Stitch 2...

He's also Writer/Director on The Emoji Movie...

This is also the first movie he's ever directed by himself.

It's called 'The Emoji Movie'...

What could POSSIBLY go wrong?!
Big Boss didn't die for this.

**** man, if this movie doesn't bomb. I think we are going to reach a new low for cinema in general.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Alright, call me crazy, but just what is TPC leading into?

Takara Tomy is promoting its newest set of plushes...but one of them's a mystery, set to be revealed on August 10th. Apparently this is unusual; their normal M.O. is unveiling new plushes near the end of the month.

But here's the thing, this isn't some blip on the radar, because Bandai's doing the same thing.

They make Pokémon figurines, and one figure in their new set is also being kept secret, a "mystery from the anime" they're going to show off later next month.

Two different companies, making two different types of merch, both hiding something they consider important. But when we have so little to work with, what new forms could they be-

...Hey, wait a minute, hasn't there been placeholder data for more Lycanroc forms in the Global Link for months now?

Okay, I know what you're thinking. "Aren't you jumping to conclusions and letting your personal bias blind you?" Ordinarily, I wouldn't have brought this up, but here's where it gets interesting. The fact that the Takara Tomy plush is set to be revealed on the 10th is interesting, because there's a new anime episode set to debut in Japan the very same day.

An episode focused on Tapu Lele...and Ash's Rockruff.

They may well be setting something up here. I wouldn't be surprised if we finally got a USM trailer in the next week and a half, with new forms in tow.

Daybreak Lycanroc hype?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, I saw the previews. It looked something better to be a quick and funny flick to watch on Netflix or a budget title, not a full theater release.

Also, Sony can't risk a lack of sales by letting the reviews influence people. They threw it all on this movie. They did the logical thing here, to make sure people judge it by actually seeing it properly.

I still think it will bomb, though.

I also read the interview of how it came to be. Kind of a cool story of why the person thought it was a good idea. Simply put, they wanted to make something akin to Toy Story. Somebody sent the person a text with an emoji. That gave quite a bit of inspiration, to see what it's like inside a cellphone with emojis themselves.

http://screenrant.com/emoji-movie-director-tony-leondis-interview/ for the link.

But yeah, I'll be surprised if it makes any money back. I can't even justify seeing it with the current preview I've seen. It does look like it'll have a few good jokes, but nothing strong enough for a full movie. I'll watch it if it comes on Netflix, since I enjoy silly things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom