• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well... Yeah but you know what I mean...

Yo, keep the coal miners themselves out of this. They're just trying to make a living.

Go after the company, not the employee.
They shouldn't get special treatment when their way of life becomes detrimental. No other industry gets the congressional push to keep going despite the toll it puts on others. They need to adapt just like everyone else. Print media is dying, they adapt by going digital. You want to remain in the energy industry? Stop working for an industry that's killing the planet and maybe get a job in a more sustainable field.

If they're actively trying to have their field stay relevant they're part of the problem and have none of my sympathy.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
They shouldn't get special treatment when their way of life becomes detrimental. No other industry gets the congressional push to keep going despite the toll it puts on others. They need to adapt just like everyone else. Print media is dying, they adapt by going digital. You want to remain in the energy industry? Stop working for an industry that's killing the planet and maybe get a job in a more sustainable field.

If they're actively trying to have their field stay relevant they're part of the problem and have none of my sympathy.
Opo, the average coal miner is just trying to survive.. You make finding a new job sound easier than most republicans.

Im not sure coal miners can jus tpick up and leave to go somewhere where jobs exist for them in other fields.

It isn't as simple as checking a box.

Yeah coal is **** and we should get rid of it ASAP but I dont think actual average miners are the problem.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Since I'm not gonna be around for much of the splatfest I'm gonna choose the team I think will win.

D

Deleted member

Here's a challenge.

Your job is to make a new M rated Nintendo IP.

What do you do?
Make a game dealing with the themes of war in a hopeless setting where all villains win and innocent characters get broken down merciless.
Then I add an actual sex scene near the end of the game for no reason.
"Your pOnOO goes in my vagOOO"

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The SNES Classic preorder cancellations, I presume? They definitely did.

Doesn't help the damn thing in question will be super rare and scalper heaven.
I've lost most of my hype for the thing knowing I'll probably never get one anyways...

May as well just be a hoax...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So you are not the only one having an issue? i hope. because i have full bars sitting by the router and still cant get on
My Splatoon 2 was stuck on the "searching for match" screen for an inconceivable amount of time. Had to get out of it through the menu, thankfully since I wasn't actually in a match I'm pretty sure it didn't penalize me. Couldn't get back on when I got back in.

I'm trying to work on single player for a bit hoping it'll go back up.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My Splatoon 2 was stuck on the "searching for match" screen for an inconceivable amount of time. Had to get out of it through the menu, thankfully since I wasn't actually in a match I'm pretty sure it didn't penalize me. Couldn't get back on when I got back in.

I'm trying to work on single player for a bit hoping it'll go back up.
Its the network, its down pff
Thank god. i thought my switch was borked

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The downtime is to upload a new update:

All your games will be patched and renamed Splat Tim 2.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opo, the average coal miner is just trying to survive.. You make finding a new job sound easier than most republicans.
Im not sure coal miners can jus tpick up and leave to go somewhere where jobs exist for them in other fields.

It isn't as simple as checking a box.

Yeah coal is **** and we should get rid of it ASAP but I dont think actual average miners are the problem.
I mean yeah, I simplified it for the sake of argument, but IMO they should still be pushing for reform instead of complacently staying with coal.

Create push for clean energy > Up energy budget > start building nuclear plants nationwide in the interim > once plants are built, stop mining > place displaced miners into manufacturing jobs to create the plants, increase education budget for free adult education to get them into renewable energy jobs > cut out non-renewables > pour all resources into true renewables like wind and solar > once wind and solar become the norm, phase out nuclear plants.

That's my ideal anyway. Sadly there are those who would likely stop this before it even starts because of oil and coal money.
Do me a favor and never become a doctor. :V
My horrible handwriting is the only qualification I have to be one anyway. :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
When are they gonna add a new map to Splatoon 2. I'm slowly getting bored of the maps we currently have

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I've been thinking up a Splatoon type game but that focuses more on melee combat, with a medieval flair.

Cause of course I would... actually would be pretty cool imo.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So Alm and Celica's Army banners are about to end in Fire Emblem Heroes. Some people are speculating we may get a new Hero trailer tonight/tomorrow morning because of it. Others think we won't get one until the Summer banner ends.

For those that play, which units would you want to see?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh yeah I noticed that Moydow Moydow 's inkling kept making a sassy grin during the spawning cutscene. I've never noticed anyone else ever do that.

Are there gonna be anthro animals like the Inklings?
I thought about it but I couldn't think of any that would work without feeling forced.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So Alm and Celica's Army banners are about to end in Fire Emblem Heroes. Some people are speculating we may get a new Hero trailer tonight/tomorrow morning because of it. Others think we won't get one until the Summer banner ends.

For those that play, which units would you want to see?
What I don't want to see just yet is the FE4 Gen 1 banner. I spent all my orbs on getting Leon and Sonya (and even got Alm thrown in), and I only have 20 orbs right now, so I'd appreciate a little more time to build up my orbs again before Sigurd comes home. :p So given that, I'd like to see maybe a Dawn Brigade banner, since there aren't too many characters from there that I'd want (except maybe Jill). I think the Choose Your Legends characters will be coming soon too, so that's another possibility... I guess another Ike or Lucina would be nice to have (depends on their designs; if I don't like them, I'll just save my orbs); don't really care about the other two.

D

Deleted member

Unlocking Jeanne in Extella made me remember I still hadn't watched the new Apocrypha episode so...
What the hell, Berserker of Red goes down this early? Considering what they said though, it seems they'll break his contract and put him on their side. Especially since his True Name wasn't even revealed.
And also Siegfried, the guy didn't even get an actual fight, come on! Prolly not really dead though, considering that the Flashforward from episode 1 had him fighting Mordred. Unless that was a fakeout...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom