• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So Trump banned transgender people from serving in the military.

So as a sort of side note, if this military ban were solely excluding people in the process of transitioning, I would have less of an issue with it. Mind you, I'd still entirely disagree, but at least there's precedent for not allowing those who require expensive medical upkeep to enlist (if I remember correctly, this is used as a reason to keep those with asthma from enlisting, and considering reassignment surgery is considerably costly, the precedent makes some sense). Like I said, I still disagree with that practice of exclusion, mainly because I feel the military budget is ridiculously bloated with things that could be cut to allow for medical costs to be covered.

However, what Trump has done goes beyond mere disagreement. Trump's wording does not imply that this will affect those who are transitioning specifically, but transgender people as a whole, regardless of whether they have fully transitioned or not. At that point it flies past the matter of cost and plants itself firmly in the matter of principle, and it's an exclusionary principle that disgusts me. Then again, Trump in general disgusts me, so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. However, not being surprised does not equal being complacent.

What a sad state of things. The sooner Trump gets the boot, the better.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
God damn it, Salmon run is closed again today?
True but then we will have Pence as president so its a lose lose. Whats that then, tradeing a broken toy for an equally as broken toy. If people are willing to deal with the other broken toy then by all means, boot trump

And thats all Ill say related to politics and go back to losing turf wars because playing splatoon on handheld is impossable

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

So as a sort of side note, if this military ban were solely excluding people in the process of transitioning, I would have less of an issue with it. Mind you, I'd still entirely disagree, but at least there's precedent for not allowing those who require expensive medical upkeep to enlist (if I remember correctly, this is used as a reason to keep those with asthma from enlisting, and considering reassignment surgery is considerably costly, the precedent makes some sense). Like I said, I still disagree with that practice of exclusion, mainly because I feel the military budget is ridiculously bloated with things that could be cut to allow for medical costs to be covered.

However, what Trump has done goes beyond mere disagreement. Trump's wording does not imply that this will affect those who are transitioning specifically, but transgender people as a whole, regardless of whether they have fully transitioned or not. At that point it flies past the matter of cost and plants itself firmly in the matter of principle, and it's an exclusionary principle that disgusts me. Then again, Trump in general disgusts me, so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. However, not being surprised does not equal being complacent.

1: This is the second time the monkey has attacked transgender people
2: somebody get a pic ready of the **** face holding the flag for his lies
3: An SRS costs 10000 in America iirc. A Lockheed Martin F-35, a fancy fighter jet which is VERY impractical, costs 1500000000000 dollars

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
User was warned for this post for flaming
God damn it, Salmon run is closed again today?

True but then we will have Pence as president so its a lose lose. Whats that then, tradeing a broken toy for an equally as broken toy. If people are willing to deal with the other broken toy then by all means, boot trump

And thats all Ill say related to politics and go back to losing turf wars because playing splatoon on handheld is impossable
I say remove them both. Keep going down the line until we get someone actually competent (hint: not a republican).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I have a feeling its a distraction for something.

The timing for this announcement is too off and the announcement itself is ludicrous frankly.

Something stinks here and not just Trump's usual stuff.

(hint: not a republican).
Aw come on. One of the non Trumper republicans could do wonders, I think.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

The timing for this announcement is too off and the announcement itself is ludicrous frankly.

Believe me, I've thought of that. More than likely it'll get some attention away from the healthcare fiasco.

Won't work on me though, they underestimate my ability to be outraged at more than one thing at a time. :p

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Please don't say it's a distraction
Kurri, me saying its a distraction doesn't make the announcement any less terrible and I'm not trying to defend it.

I just think the timing of this move is preplanned.

Believe me, I've thought of that. More than likely it'll get some attention away from the healthcare fiasco.

Won't work on me though, they underestimate my ability to be outraged at more than one thing at a time. :p
See, I'm not alone either.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Aw come on. One of the non Trumper republicans could do wonders, I think.
Knowing him, if it's a distraction, which I highly doubt, it'd be of Russiagate because the ****** was too busy playing golf to notice that everyone's already got their eyes on that

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Knowing him, if it's a distraction, which I highly doubt, it'd be of Russiagate because the ****** was too busy playing golf to notice that everyone's already got their eyes on that
As Opo said, its probably healthcare instead.

That's the big thing Congress is dealing with right now and when even several republicans have issues with the bill, Trump wants as little amount of coverage on it as possible.

A move like this which is blatantly discriminatory will probably garner more attention from the press.

Last edited:

Chrono.

So I've been coming down with food poisoning for two days now.

I haven't gotten food poisoning since 2011, this is more miserable than I remember.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Now all politics aside.

Can we all agree that this makes a great bumper sticker?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Kurri, me saying its a distraction doesn't make the announcement any less terrible and I'm not trying to defend it.

I just think the timing of this move is preplanned.

See, I'm not alone either.
To call such a serious issue "a distraction" is gross. I don't care if it removes pressure from the Healthcare fiasco, it just means they're doing two gross things at once. To call it a distraction implies that it is not actually worth our time, which it absolutely is.

It is possible to focus on multiple situations at the same time. Please don't call it a distraction, it's just another problem to keep focus on.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To call such a serious issue "a distraction" is gross. I don't care if it removes pressure from the Healthcare fiasco, it just means they're doing two gross things at once. To call it a distraction implies that it is not actually worth our time, which it absolutely is.

It is possible to focus on multiple situations at the same time. Please don't call it a distraction, it's just another problem to keep focus on.
No one is saying it isn't worth our time Kurri.

By distraction we're just saying what we think it was intended to be by Trumby.

No one here is saying it isn't an important issue.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I do want to say though that there's a difference between calling something a distraction and saying something might be being used as one.

Like, false dichotomies are **** and all, since it implies you can only focus on one issue, but I'm just saying I wouldn't put it past Trump to attempt to use it as one. It's more so a statement of my hatred for the goblin in chief than it is about the issue itself, if that makes sense.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
No one is saying it isn't worth our time Kurri.

By distraction we're just saying what we think it was intended to be by Trumby.

No one here is saying it isn't an important issue.
I do want to say though that there's a difference between calling something a distraction and saying something might be being used as one.

Like, false dichotomies are **** and all, since it implies you can only focus on one issue, but I'm just saying I wouldn't put it past Trump to attempt to use it as one. It's more so a statement of my hatred for the goblin in chief than it is about the issue itself, if that makes sense.
Fair enough.

That said, I don't believe he's doing this to distract anyone, I think Trump and the rest of his team is just a group of ****ty people doing ****ty things. They just happen to do a bunch of ****ty things at once.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Little Witch Academia Chamber of Time releases this November for Japan, Amanda, Constanze and Jasminka are all fully playable too
Amanda and Constanze are amazing.
And Jasmin has the special ability to puff herself up by eating doughnuts and roll over people.

Too bad this wasn't in the anime...
Still hoping for Switch port.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Switch doing that well is more impressive when you remember the console released in March and not during the holidays
True. But the fact that doesn't have much in terms of new competition means that it gets an edge. The part to really be impressed with is the Switch's first holiday season.

In other news Injustice 2 is getting a patch update. It's not a big as other NRS games in terms of changes. Captain Cold and Flash got some buffs. Namely Flash's combos during Slow-Down have deal more damage, since scaling isn't too bad. And Running Man into Power Dunk is safe. Gorilla Grodd lost his infinite, not that it was super integral to his game plan.

Aquaman and Black Adam mostly got some damage nerfs. They are still good, but you have to put in a little more work now.

I don't know why neither Blue Beetle or Cyborg didn't get any changes. I think all Blue Beetle needs is a damage buff and he'll be fine.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
EOV getting a special launch edition in the US:

@Shishœ do your job as the resident EO shill.
Only six tracks on the CD? Bah. Oh well, I'll probably pick this up anyway; hopefully they release the limited edition over here too (and hopefully it doesn't release over here six months late, or I'll just import it instead).

They posted a new trailer, as well:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I've been coming down with food poisoning for two days now.

I haven't gotten food poisoning since 2011, this is more miserable than I remember.
Did you eat something at a crappy restaurant or did something else happen?

Hope you feel better soon regardless.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Was watching a video about the problems of gen 1

Didn't mention how Psychic types had no viable weaknesses/ counters or how annoying wrap was

Literally could have a team of Exeggutor, Starmie, and Alakazam and not have to worry

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, so I haven't beaten single player yet, but from what I've seen so far in Splatoon 2, give or take missing some stuff. . .

I've always been one of the people who didn't really click with single player as much. I still feel like that's mostly the case, but there's been some changeups.

Cons:
>There seems to be a lower percentage of Sunken Scrolls with actual substance so far
>Hookshots are boring and in one level devolved into a bit irritating, and yet they seem to be some of the most used gimmicks overall

Pros:
>Getting to use any weapon class you want, including the unreleased-for-multiplayer Brella. I wasn't expecting to like the Brella as much as I did, feels satisfying to shoot.
>While the plot is as hollow as ever, the BANTER is bringing it's A-game all the way through. Which is amazing, because Captain Cuttlefish was dull meanwhile listening to Marie and Sheldon make cracks at the level or even go at each other a bit is downright entertaining.
>Bouncy pads are innocent fun. Like going into a bounce house, basically.
>Ride Rails Ride Rails Ride Rails RIDE RAILS. Any level where these are the focus point is my favorite. I don't know how the wizards did it, but they managed to strike the perfect balance of speed, snap on, and free movement. I'm honestly pretty sad they didn't use them a lot more than they did. Singlehandedly makes single player a massive improvement over the first without even finishing it and they only get a couple of levels to really strut their stuff.

Verdict: Ride Rail/10

Also Salmon Run was pretty good when I tried it. The Salmonids manage to keep you on your toes without feeling unfair.

I still need to work on quite a few things, but hey sequel's good.

*EDIT* Oh yeah, and the motion controls are in fact less wonky with the Pro Controller. As an aside, the number of scratches from me fumbling the charging cable continues to rise.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't get why Yamcha was so scared of Frieza but didn't have the same reaction to the androids that were stronger than Frieza

I guess because he couldn't sense them

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Now its just silent here. I guess Ill ask thia question. Does anyone here play Splatoon 2 hand held and if so,what are good sensitivitys because its hard for me to turn using R stick in handheld
Don't play Spatoon 2 but having played a lot of shooters, sensitivity is entirely dependent on the player so keep adjusting until you find a setting that works for you.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey, there's gonna be a statue of the Mega Man X's 2nd armor.

Looks pretty cool. Though I'm sure some people were hoping for a D-Arts of it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom