• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My switch is like brand new! So brand new it's still in it's box and in the store

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Despite being more well-known as an anime, Fate DID start as a Visual Novel which qualifies as a game, so Saber meets all the conditions to get into Smash. Then mariotehplumber would finally be able to complain about Hentai characters :^)
My sis is a huge Fate fan.
I saw her cosplay Fate characters a lot. That's how I knew Fate was started as a video game.
I mostly support characters that I like to be in Smash (Obviously...), but

And please don't mention that weirdo again, I had took a bit of research on that dude and I think he has some mental issues, so are those that follows him... there's one user sometimes post Anit-Rosalina posts on the Rosalina Social thread... oh yeah that name is literally banned from mentioning in Rosalina Socail thread as well. Some people still has a brain of a 3 year old....sad...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Okay guys...

Name five of your favorite Pokemon you think other people don't like or remember.

I think mine are...

Cofagrigus
Sigilyph
Mightyenna
Ariados
Magmortor

Bonus one: Rhyperior
Manectric
Escavalier
Sawsbuck
Cradily
Yanmega

Bonus: Pyroar

I'm not sure on Manectric since it does have a Mega, but the Mega doesn't have a popular design either so I think I can get away with that one.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was going to power up my Porygon in Pokemon Go before evolving, because it uses less resources powered up as a Porygon than a Porygon 2

But I accidently used more candies than I should have - I now have to get more to evolve it

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

So.

Think this is good news?

ARMS is also a million seller. That's great news and means another New IP Success Story for Nintendo.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Remember that one game, uh, I think it was called Mighty No. 9?

Well, after an entire year, backers are finally getting their physical copies, and, well, it couldn't be more appropriate.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Hey, atleast, it's better than nothing.:yeahboi:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

So.

Think this is good news?

ARMS is also a million seller. That's great news and means another New IP Success Story for Nintendo.
Absolutely! If it hasn't been obvious enough yet, Switch's are flying off shelves. Nintendo has always had distribution problems but selling nearly 5 million units in 4 months, having it still be in super high demand, and having stock constantly sell out in an instant is about as good of a sign as they can get. They just really need to figure out their distribution woes.

I've learned not to question Daniel Ahmad. If he says that the Switch will sell 10 million by the end of the year then it will sell 10 million by the end of the year. No doubt.

Edit: and yeah Nintendo has been hitting home runs with new IPs. Except for poor Ever Oasis. That game never stood a chance...

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

So.

Think this is good news?

Hope Switch can sold up to ten million at the end of this year, if there weren't any supply constraints it might be easy.

Edit:
Edit: and yeah Nintendo has been hitting home runs with new IPs. Except for poor Ever Oasis. That game never stood a chance...
It was a pretty decent game, it may not be popular, I am still going to buy it.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Haedox complaining about running into Qwilfish, who is a rare pokemon in go btw, because he happens to be near a qwilfish nest

SomecallmeJohnny complained about running into Doduo, who is also rare, because he happened to be near a Doduo nest

Youtubers like to complain about running into rare pokemon in Pokemon Go because they don't understand nests. The nest is only there for like a month - during that month a certain pokemon that normally isn't in that area appears more often. It's during that time you should be catching that pokemon like crazy because you possibly could never see it again.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

So.

Think this is good news?

These are extremely encouraging statistics - Nintendo's been doing very well for themselves now that the Switch has finally hit its stride. I'm glad for them, and also very pleased that ARMS has been successful for them. I definitely think they're doing incredibly well.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I sometime feel the Splatoon 2 message maker is literally a meme machine.

With that out of the way, Etika's recent video reminds me or made me want those who got Switch for a while to post pics of your Switch's battle scars.

I actually feel Etika is a bit lazy on not even putting your Switch in your bag or case. By the way, I would be surpried if Etika Switch's screen did break, because it is plastic and just dropping it on the road technically won't make it break. I mean we have videos showing Switch drop 1000 feet and only have a broken left joy con and some scratches.

I mean there are many awesome Switch bags out there now, the official ones are obviously the HORI brands. You would always find these bags in video game retail, at least in Japan and Taiwan.
These hard case are pretty good, they will definitely protect your Switch.

You can call me weird but I would always buy a case for my smartphones or tablets. Laptop though, since most of them are meant to be durable so besides just the laptop bag they always give, my laptop have literally nothing.

My Switch barely a month old, and besides my right Joy Con being a bit flimsy, my Switch is almost like it is still out of the box.

If anyone wonders about my New 3DS XL, I bought for over two years and here it is:

I haven't play my New 3DS XL for a long time. So it got a bit of old smudge...

Here is what the case looks like, I put a white paper below to show how DISGUSTING can your plastic case get after years of playing.
Not really, I do wash them from time to time, plastic turns yellow is a normal if you take it outside.

Here is my New 3DS XL

Despite from my poor camera quality from Redmi... my New 3DS basically is still in a good condition, the joint felt flimsy as well. But that's totally normal and not really an issue (Because my old 3DS XL had the same condition too)

I can safely to say that New 3DS line has way better and durable circle pad than the old 3DS. I have played tons of matches with my New 3DS XL and it still not broke or feel odd.
Old 3DS circle pad uses combines with outer rubber and a hard plastic base within it, which is very easy to get loose in the old 3DS. 3DS XL it really took game like Smash Bros to break the inner plastic.

So how are your 3DS or Switch? Are they still good as new? Or already had some scratches or even broken joints?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Pretty sure no one's Switch is like this, this isn't a scar, it is a Switch dead body.
Clearly that Switch was intentionally broken.

D

Deleted member

If the mods allow it, I wonder who will create a Saber support thread.

I mean, I too think Saber would be pretty cool in Smash, and I'd love to create a moveset for her if I had the time.
Technically, there's no reason why someone shouldn't be able to create one. If you do make one though, send me the link because I'd love to see it.

As for moveset ideas, one thing that'd be cool would be to have an unique trait that allows her to walk on water, though that would likely allow for camping in certain stages if not limited.
Invisible Air would also be a cool trait as opponents wouldn't be able at what distance they're safe.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

So.

Think this is good news?

They'd be doing better if they could fix the stock issues. Like basically every other Nintendo product these days, Switch scalpers exist. Which do count as sales, but they are not meaningful sales because they don't represent an actual Switch user who will buy other Switch products.

The Switch units bought in bulk by scalpers could be going to legitimate customers who intend to also buy games for it, as well as peripherals.

As for selling 10 million by the end of the year, that will depend both on whether or not Nintendo can keep it well stocked, and on the pull of Super Mario Odyssey. I think Breath of the Wild is mostly past it's prime. Most people who wanted that game and a Switch for it have already bought both, and it has sort of left the mainstream eye at this point. Now we just need to see if Super Mario Odyssey can achieve a similar effect. Because frankly, there aren't any other system sellers coming by the end of the year if I'm remembering the game line-up. Fire Emblem Warriors and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will be great games I'm sure, but they're too niche to sell systems. There is a respectable third party line-up, but aside from Mario + Rabbids, none of it is exclusive IIRC, and most of the multiplats run notably better on other systems (some even just seem borderline unacceptable on Switch).

We'll just have to wait and see really.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also here's Matt Mercer talking to himself except not really because it's in Japanese.

TooBadWaluigiTime

Smash Apprentice
Nathan Drake is like the luckiest character ever, so you sound like a normal man then.
Really? The first time you meet him, his boat gets wrecked, every temple he finds, there are like 200 bad guys, gravity basically turns on him when he climbs, that or a random helicopter comes in, he almost kills his friend on a by ruining a bridge (twice), his first flight, his plane gets destroyed, etc, etc.

D

Deleted member

"Hey, Youtube, whatcha got for me today?"
It's not even relevant anymore, MatPat seems like that boyfriend who doesn't want to accept that the relationship is over

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

So.

Think this is good news?

Sold 1.18 Mil.
Hope that ARMS becomes a series, those character designs are too good to be forgotten.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Really? The first time you meet him, his boat gets wrecked, every temple he finds, there are like 200 bad guys, gravity basically turns on him when he climbs, that or a random helicopter comes in, he almost kills his friend on a by ruining a bridge (twice), his first flight, his plane gets destroyed, etc, etc.
Unlucky to be in those situations but he always manages to survive. There's always a ledge for him to climb to safety, a way out of some collapsing ruin or some other route to get out of whatever problem he's in. Plus someone always manages to find him when he's on the brink of death in some kind of inhospitable environment.

I wouldn't want his luck to get in those situations but his luck in getting out is incredible.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hello guys.

Sorry I pretty much dropped off from here once my job began. Now that training is over I should be able to spend more time here.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hello guys.

Sorry I pretty much dropped off from here once my job began. Now that training is over I should be able to spend more time here.
Nice to hear! :)
Also, how is going this maid dragon that you have? It is better than before?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Clearly that Switch was intentionally broken.
I would also safe to guess it might be photo shopped (Which I really hope it is)
One of replies was pretty funny.
Technically, there's no reason why someone shouldn't be able to create one. If you do make one though, send me the link because I'd love to see it.

As for moveset ideas, one thing that'd be cool would be to have an unique trait that allows her to walk on water, though that would likely allow for camping in certain stages if not limited.
Invisible Air would also be a cool trait as opponents wouldn't be able at what distance they're safe.

My concern besides those who are sick of Fire Emblem characters and anime characters (For some reason...) would argue that there are too many sword fighters... the same old complaint...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Also here's Matt Mercer talking to himself except not really because it's in Japanese.

Here's the translation to that bit from the support conversation. The translation comes from this user on Serenesforest.

Ryoma: However, I've finally started to see your sword-fighting style through our repeated fights. Until now they've been pretty even matches, but next time I might beat you.

Chrom: What? Like that's gonna happen! I've also just gotten used to the Hoshidan sword-fighting style. At first I was confused by your known stance/posture, but now I can deal with anything.

Ryoma: How dare you say that? I've also already seen everything the Ylissean sword-fighting style has to offer!
Looks like Ryoma and Chrom are getting quite competitive in this support!

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I have now beaten KH: Chain of Memories.
Overall, I enjoyed it, but not to the extent of the first game. As for my thoughts on the battle system, on one hand I think it has some interesting concepts and allows for some interesting strategies, but on the other hand the battles feel a bit slower and you have less freedom. Although, the battles in Reverse/Rebirth felt much faster (As well as the mode itself).

And because I am done with CoM, I have a question: Should I do Days or KH2 next? I do remember hearing (from a Game Informer article) that they are somewhat interchangeable in terms of order, but I'm still not quite sure.
Here's the quote from the article:
As for the 358/2 movie, I personally think it’s best watched after completing Kingdom Hearts II. This way you already have a connection to Roxas, but you’re fine to watch it before hopping into Kingdom Hearts II. In fact, it might help you understand II’s somewhat confusing narrative better. The problem is, both 358/2 and Kingdom Hearts II spoil things about the other’s plot depending which you embark on first, so it’s really a toss-up
So, which of the two should I do next? Thanks in advance.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My concern besides those who are sick of Fire Emblem characters and anime characters (For some reason...) would argue that there are too many sword fighters... the same old complaint..
What urks me is that suddenly people say FE characters = anime now an I have no idea why that is

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Haha, well, still hoping for a dragon to pay me a visit. :p
'better hope it's a friendly dragon, I heard you generally become meat for them. But only if you are not drunk and not friendly to them.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
What erks me is that suddenly people say FE characters = anime now an I have ni idea why that is
I will urk if they consider Shulk as an anime character.
The style is anime that's for sure. I do aware those who say that considers "anime" to be Japanese chibi like cartoon.
I mean...
Nintendo is from Japan.
Fire Emblem was a Japan only game.
Mario, Pokemon even has a successful manga series ongoing.

Sorry if I offend anyone for saying this, you are weird if you dislike anime but still likes Nintendo.
Forget what I said...

But I have to be clear, if you just don't consider anime/manga as your cup of tea, that's totally fine. But saying that you don't want Fire Emblem characters or dislike Fire Emblem series just for the sake of "I don't like anime" is absurd. I personally isn't a fan yet because I haven't bought any FE game, and I personally don't enjoy FE strategy as for now. I give a try with FE Heros but ... I never enjoy mobile apps as well.

D

Deleted member

Finally got through Tamamo's Route in Extella
Gotta say, I really disliked this one but that's because I hate Tamamo, both in gameplay and story wise. I skipped almost everything until the end because I think it started to have a plot once I got to the 5th Stage. Thankfully, Karna was there as a Sub-Servant to not make me go crazy, I loved him and his giant ass lance.

Now to Altera's Route, she's cool and all, I guess, but my real focus on this now is unlocking The Squad™
Broskandar got and I /think/ I unlocked Jeanne but I haven't checked the other modes since I wanted to try out Gilgamesh and...
Holy ****, I think I just got a new main, Gil is so fun to play as, almost every combo of his involves unleashing Gate of Babylon and his finisher is AN ENTIRE BARRAGE OF IT
He also has objectively the best Strong Aerial Attack
My concern besides those who are sick of Fire Emblem characters and anime characters (For some reason...) would argue that there are too many sword fighters... the same old complaint...
I don't see the problem, it's just more reason to want her in :^)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have now beaten KH: Chain of Memories.
Overall, I enjoyed it, but not to the extent of the first game. As for my thoughts on the battle system, on one hand I think it has some interesting concepts and allows for some interesting strategies, but on the other hand the battles feel a bit slower and you have less freedom. Although, the battles in Reverse/Rebirth felt much faster (As well as the mode itself).

And because I am done with CoM, I have a question: Should I do Days or KH2 next? I do remember hearing (from a Game Informer article) that they are somewhat interchangeable in terms of order, but I'm still not quite sure.
Here's the quote from the article:

So, which of the two should I do next? Thanks in advance.
KH2 if you want to go by release order, 358/2 Days if you want to go by chronological order.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't see the problem, it's just more reason to want her in :^)
Personal reason for me is...
My sister will finally once again be interested to Smash Bros.

Back when I was around 6 years old it was my sister who bought game consoles such as Gamecube, Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, Gameboy Advance SP. She was the one who bought Melee, and then my brothers and me became Smash Bros fan ever since. However, my sis was also an anime fan. She loves the Fate series, I remember watching Fate Stay In Night anime with her. She obviously like Type Moon's (Creator of Fate series) other works too.

She still likes Pokemon and Fire Emblem, just isn't a hardcore fan.
EOV getting a special launch edition in the US:

@Shishœ do your job as the resident EO shill.

My brother probably got that already...

I also notice something interesting when I compare my Splatoon 2 and Cave Story game case...

First, is the smell...
Cave Story + has the smell of that icon game manual, just really hits that nostalgia of me opening my Gamecube games.

Splatoon 2 has a more fragrance small at first, after opening it for a while, there's no smell...obviously...

Okay what I really want to talk about is their right side of the case.
Right one is Cave Story + and left is Splatoon 2, so even the plastic case is more nostalgia for Cave Story +. I am guessing most of the AAA game case's are like Splatoon 2's.

My Splatoon 2 actually does have something additional, just one piece of paper listing UAE, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, and Singapore's official reseller's addresses... because mine is a official NA region product for those countries.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
so when i started making 3D model of Harry from teleroboxer 2 months ago i was thinking "if i can bring Harry in HD then why not bring Hakkun too?" and now i am working on it
Wow, that Hakkun's looking pretty good so far! If you don't mind, can I see your 3D Harry? Also, Hakkun's body is made of glass, isn't it? Like, he's based off those vintage glass birds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom