• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
In other news, Microsoft did a 180 on the MS Paint situation.

Awesome news! They weren't going to take it away from me anyways if they did remove it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Awesome news! They weren't going to take it away from me anyways if they did remove it.
They wouldn't have taken it away to begin with though. It's just that they were no longer going to support it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

They were going to kill MS Paint? It's what I use for the majority of my sprite work

Only switching to photoshop for finishing work

Edit:

They should bring back MS Paint old school pattern fill

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Inb4 Windows Store crashes because everyone is downloading Paint after the Autumn Update.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Got my Shantae figurine pre-order canceled. Hopefully a new Shantae figure comes in the future.

Next time I got to read everything about the product before I let my hype get in the way.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Already bored of the Filler Jr saga because it's not even canon

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Found all of the memories in Breath of the Wild. They were mostly underwhelming.

Now I wanna do a few more attempts of Trial of the Sword before I fight Calamity Ganon.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I own a physical copy of Metroid 2 but that's about it

Edit:

If you want to see it on SGB I found this video

2:38 has the pose and it IS the right colors

Edit 2: LOL, I forgot the Varia suit changes the sprite

The reason why some screens are the wrong colors are because Samus is not in the Varia Suit in them

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So many of my favorite pokemon are now in the PU tier. LOL, I guess I'm just not a fan of high tiered pokemon

Edit:

Weird how some pokemon can go up and down tiers without getting ANY kind of buff simply because of what common pokemon are used at the time

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay guys...

Name five of your favorite Pokemon you think other people don't like or remember.

I think mine are...

Cofagrigus
Sigilyph
Mightyenna
Ariados
Magmortor

Bonus one: Rhyperior

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Okay guys...

Name five of your favorite Pokemon you think other people don't like or remember.

I think mine are...

Cofagrigus
Sigilyph
Mightyenna
Ariados
Magmortor

Well, I don't like Rhyperior for sure. I kind of think it ruined Rhydon.

I used to not like Magmortor, but he's actually the pokemon in my party most often now because he's got flame body and I hatch eggs a lot.

Cofagrigus makes my top 60 pokemon, so I like it.

But the others I don't like or are apathetic toward for sure

---

Here's mine

Drapion
Granbull
Drifblim
Claydol
Vespiquen

Bonus: Gliscor recently made my top 50 favorite pokemon. It's a pokemon I never really cared that much for but after thinking about it I think he looks really cool

Okay guys...

I think mine are...

Cofagrigus
Sigilyph
Mightyenna
Ariados
Magmortor

5 is too little
:154:
:036:
:178:
Exploud/Loudred
Frosslass
Tyrogue
Drapion

Gen 5. . .all of it. Yes that means Vanilluxe and Garbodor

Ariados, Mughteyene, Cofagrigus, and Sigilyph are cool too

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Boy do I feel old. Today is the 25th anniversary of the opening of the Barcelona Olympics, and I remember watching those Games with my family after we attended the World Gymnastic Championships in Indianapolis, and many of he gymnasts (Shannon Miller, Dominique Dawes, Vitaly Scherbo, Kerri Strug, Svetlana Boguinskaya, just to name a few) we watched in the now-a-figment-of-history Hoosier Dome competed the next year in Barca. That was really the moment that sparked my interest in the Olympic Games. And I still remember THE Dream Team (there was only one in my view.) I had all kinds of Dream Team gear short of a jersey. I mean, any time you have Michael Jordan, David Robinson, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Larry Bird, Patrick Ewing, Scottie Pippen, Charles Barkley, Chris Mullin and Clyde Drexler on one team, ooohhhh man.
Heck, the Olympic Channel even released a mini game based on Frogger to mark the day.
And I even still remember Cobi, the pup who served as the Games' mascot.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
5 is too little
:154:
:036:
:178:
Exploud/Loudred
Frosslass
Tyrogue
Drapion

Gen 5. . .all of it. Yes that means Vanilluxe and Garbodor

Ariados, Mughteyene, Cofagrigus, and Sigilyph are cool too
Drapion makes my top 10 and Exploud makes my top 15. Exploud's my first or second favorite 3rd gen pokemon and Drapion's my favorite 4th gen

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, I don't like Rhyperior for sure. I kind of think it ruined Rhydon.

I used to not like Magmortor, but he's actually the pokemon in my party most often now because he's got flame body and I hatch eggs a lot.

Cofagrigus makes my top 60 pokemon, so I like it.

But the others I don't like or are apathetic toward for sure

---

Here's mine

Drapion
Granbull
Drifblim
Claydol
Vespiquen

Bonus: Gliscor recently made my top 50 favorite pokemon. It's a pokemon I never really cared that much for but after thinking about it I think he looks really cool
I like all the Pokemon you suggested.

Drapion in particular.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Handheld mode feels awkward to me. Honestly using the joycons makes me feel robotic in my movements.

Also today is the better Salmon Run map, and with actually decent weapon choices.
I have watched a couple of videos taking about whether you should use motion or analog, whereas some just think that motion control is the best.
Video from Nintendolife's video despite being positive, the dislikes were still plenty...
I aware that when it comes to controls it's really personal preference... and with more options in Splatoon 2, it's really up to you.

I tried analog control with grip, and even though I think I can get used to after hours of playing, the small analog stick on the Joy cons just makes the movement hard to control. With motion on on the other hand works pretty good for me, I remember I have had mention this a while ago after playing Splatfest. So to some extent I kind of disagree with Wulf Denn, grip is still a way to go, at least for me and for now.

I haven't tried with Joy con only, I may try it out when playing story mode and see how it goes.

I will buy the Pro controller sometime in August, and definitely will buy the Splatoon 2 version. I saw one back in my game store, and in almost every store I went to the Pro Controllers were always there.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I have watched a couple of videos taking about whether you should use motion or analog, whereas some just think that motion control is the best.
Video from Nintendolife's video despite being positive, the dislikes were still plenty...
I aware that when it comes to controls it's really personal preference... and with more options in Splatoon 2, it's really up to you.

I tried analog control with grip, and even though I think I can get used to after hours of playing, the small analog stick on the Joy cons just makes the movement hard to control. With motion on on the other hand works pretty good for me, I remember I have had mention this a while ago after playing Splatfest. So to some extent I kind of disagree with Wulf Denn, grip is still a way to go, at least for me and for now.

I haven't tried with Joy con only, I may try it out when playing story mode and see how it goes.

I will buy the Pro controller sometime in August, and definitely will buy the Splatoon 2 version. I saw one back in my game store, and in almost every store I went to the Pro Controllers were always there.
**** that motion controls suck in this.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
**** that motion controls suck in this.
I do found analog is easier to focus when shooting at an opponent, but chances are I slightly missed them and forgot to tilt, only time will tell.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Me after Battleground:

"FRIENDSHIP ENDED WITH SMACKDOWN, NOW RAW IS MY BEST FRI-..."

ALSO SMACKDOWN SPOILERS

BREAK THE WALLS DOWNNNNNNNNNNN
"SMACKDOWN IS MY BEST FRIEND AGAIN."

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
As much as I like Abigail in SFV for his gameplay, personality and his alt. costumes, I find his story mode to be the worst out of all the other characters stories because even if it doesn't show anything about more of his personality and lore, it wasn't even funny to begin with (Except for the Final Fight cameos and the flat joke, I find the other one quite funny).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay guys...

I think mine are...

Cofagrigus
Sigilyph
Mightyenna
Ariados
Magmortor

1. Castform
2. Qwilfish
3. Klefki
4. Unfezant (male)
5. Beheeyem

Bonus: I feel like most of the ones I like are decently remembered/well liked, minus the above...Shiftry maybe? I don't think he's as forgotten/disliked as these though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom