• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I beat the Beginner's Trials of Trial of the Sword.

Honestly isn't too bad, even on Master Mode. I probably could have done this back when I just got the Master Sword.

However, there is one room that's incredibly BS and it was the only room preventing me from beating it in the past. You basically start with a Blue Lizalfos in front of you who immediately gets suspicious, and he has two Silver Lizalfos as back up. You have very little foot hold and if you let the Lizalfos get in the water, you're basically finished because enemies regenerate health in Master Mode and there is no way to kill them at that point.

However, I found out about an amazingly silly enemy AI exploit that allowed me to cheese it. If you sneakstrike an enemy, run a 180 around to their front. You'd think that would mean they would spot you before they even get up, but that's not the case. Enemies in this game are programmed to always look directly to where they took the sneakstrike from when they get back on their feet, and their senses are inactive while in ragdoll mode. So essentially you sneakstrike, run around to their front while they are in ragdoll mode, they get up and look to where they just got attacked from, and as a result, their back is now to you once again, so you can sneakstrike again. Rinse and repeat until you kill them without them even noticing you.

So I basically took out the Blue Lizalfos by freezing him with Stasis and headshotting him with three arrows, and then I took a strong weapon I saved and did the infinite sneakstrike trick on the Silver Lizalfos individually.

4th sonic game in the bag. I started out the month only having played Heroes and Generations (Heroes was ages ago)

Now i've played 1,2,3&K, and Adventure 1. neat

Game was ok I guess. Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles were fun, while the rest were pretty boring (albeit short so I dont really mind). Game has aged like milk. Presentation is particularly bad, and some things are just annoying. Camera and stuff like the autorun sections always leaning to the side for some reason are pretty annoying.

All in all i give it an "average" out of 10.

next will be SA2, whenever I get to that.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Okay guys...

Name five of your favorite Pokemon you think other people don't like or remember.

I think mine are...

Cofagrigus
Sigilyph
Mightyenna
Ariados
Magmortor

Bonus one: Rhyperior
1. Reshiram
2. Dialga
3. Glaceon
4. Zygarde (Complete Form)
5. Meloetta

Bonus: Zebstrika

I'm not sure if Dialga is that popular of a mascot legendary, but I do have a feeling Meloetta has either been forgotten or a rather unpopular legendary these days.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Some people need to get out doors.
I mean, it's no different than someone just playing Splatoon 2 normally. Equally as wasteful.

As long as they enjoyed doing it it isn't something to shame.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Okay guys...

Name five of your favorite Pokemon you think other people don't like or remember.

I think mine are...

Cofagrigus
Sigilyph
Mightyenna
Ariados
Magmortor

Outside of the first entry, the others are in no particular order:
  • Bayleef
  • Mightyena
  • Houndoom
  • Aggron
  • Toxicroak

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm urging to unfriend a person if he doesn't stop bugging the crap out of me with private room requests. :glare:

Last edited:

Chrono.

Smackdown tonight had Jericho which is great but no Fashion Files which is the real loss here.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Okay guys...

I think mine are...

Cofagrigus
Sigilyph
Mightyenna
Ariados
Magmortor

I would but I don't remember...

Ok but seriously...
Beeheeyem
Kecleon
Druddygon
Mightyena
Leafeon

D

Deleted member

You guys all have ****taste if you can't remember the best Gen 3 Pokemon
Mightyena is the second best early-route catch and, really, might as well be the first because Stoutland is on another level
Okay guys...

I think mine are...

Cofagrigus
Sigilyph
Mightyenna
Ariados
Magmortor

Cofagrigus is so cool tho, and a great tank too
**** Sigilyph though, that thing has coated me way too many Pokemon in my Nuzlockes
MIGHTYENA IS BEST DON'T YOU ****ING DARE
Ariados is cool, too bad it was exclusive to the inferior Johto game
Magmortar*. Guy's ****ing rad too

Can't say much about popularity but I usually forget that, like, half of the Water Pokemon even exist.
Especially the Buizel for some reason

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You guys all have ****taste if you can't remember the best Gen 3 Pokemon
Mightyena is the second best early-route catch and, really, might as well be the first because Stoutland is on another level

Cofagrigus is so cool tho, and a great tank too
**** Sigilyph though, that thing has coated me way too many Pokemon in my Nuzlockes
MIGHTYENA IS BEST DON'T YOU ****ING DARE
Ariados is cool, too bad it was exclusive to the inferior Johto game
Magmortar*. Guy's ****ing rad too

Can't say much about popularity but I usually forget that, like, half of the Water Pokemon even exist.
Especially the Buizel for some reason

Stoutland is great because it completely invalidates the actual early trash mammal, Patrat. :p

Stoutland is the best. Tied with Arcanine for best Pokédoggo.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know this doesn't sound serious but
Screenshot_2017-07-25-23-08-53-1.png

Despite being more well-known as an anime, Fate DID start as a Visual Novel which qualifies as a game, so Saber meets all the conditions to get into Smash. Then mariotehplumber would finally be able to complain about Hentai characters :^)
Also
Lawful Evil

But really tho, Saber would make me hype
Stoutland is great because it completely invalidates the actual early trash mammal, Patrat. :p

Stoutland is the best. Tied with Arcanine for best Pokédoggo.
I wish they did more Early-Route Pokemon with three stages, their problem was always that they are only really usefuk around the time they evolve(and even then you'd have a bird or literally anything else with a better typing). At least Bugs evolve early and can act as Crutch Character.
Lillipup's three stages effectivelly put it on par with most Pokemon in terms of ingame usefulness while having access to Intimidate and Normal Pokemon's wide type coverage. It also has about the same advantage as your starter in that it'll be one of your first catches and thus be higher leveled than the others, something regional Bugs and Mammals can't do due to lacking actual midgame usage.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Remember that one game, uh, I think it was called Mighty No. 9?

Well, after an entire year, backers are finally getting their physical copies, and, well, it couldn't be more appropriate.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Just finished all four Persona 3 arc movies. Man were each one of them just brilliantly animated. I miss everyone in 3, and my interest in going back and replaying The Journey and Answer gradually rekindles! The more I invest in 3, the more I'm reminded that 3's still the best Persona out of 4 and 5! :bee:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Excuse me!?
Because either way it's technically time waster, whether you do complicated maze drawings or do the main content. It's just that so long as the person enjoys themselves it isn't a total waste. One isn't automatically an objectively better option.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Well, after an entire year, backers are finally getting their physical copies, and, well, it couldn't be more appropriate.

Actually..there was no game. Just a box and a manual

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Here's a little bit of ARMS lore from Nintendo. Nothing much else of note
Nintendo's Twitter has been posting a crap ton of the lore long before the game's release and still is.

... just Nintendo of Japan (I don't speak Japanese and Twitter's translation feature is unreliable.)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So in the last week I finally got enough candy for 2 Blastoise, an Ampharos, and a Porygon 2. And almost enough for a Typhlosion. The global rewards given out because of Go Fest outway any negatives it might have had imo and it's still got 2 more days

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Been DC'd from more matches tonight than I've played.

Spectrum can just eat a whole bag of salty *****.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Question: Do the abilities in Splatoon stack if you have multiples or are they just a single boost?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Question: Do the abilities in Splatoon stack if you have multiples or are they just a single boost?
They stack, but it's diminishing returns. Here's an example chart.

Three secondary boosts is notably just slightly less powerful than one primary boost.

Exactly how deep you want to stack stuff is kind of personal choice at this point, but your total points available is 57 (10 per main, 3 per sub, assuming all gear has 3 sub slots active). Of that, I'm not planning to go higher than 20 in any one boost myself, at least for now.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

I would feel more insulted if the cardboard actually contained the game. :dazwa:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I know this doesn't sound serious but
View attachment 131761
Despite being more well-known as an anime, Fate DID start as a Visual Novel which qualifies as a game, so Saber meets all the conditions to get into Smash. Then mariotehplumber would finally be able to complain about Hentai characters :^)

But really tho, Saber would make me hype
If the mods allow it, I wonder who will create a Saber support thread.

I mean, I too think Saber would be pretty cool in Smash, and I'd love to create a moveset for her if I had the time.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Some people need to get out doors.
I sometime feel the Splatoon 2 message maker is literally a meme machine.

With that out of the way, Etika's recent video reminds me or made me want those who got Switch for a while to post pics of your Switch's battle scars.

I actually feel Etika is a bit lazy on not even putting your Switch in your bag or case. By the way, I would be surpried if Etika Switch's screen did break, because it is plastic and just dropping it on the road technically won't make it break. I mean we have videos showing Switch drop 1000 feet and only have a broken left joy con and some scratches.

I mean there are many awesome Switch bags out there now, the official ones are obviously the HORI brands. You would always find these bags in video game retail, at least in Japan and Taiwan.
These hard case are pretty good, they will definitely protect your Switch.

You can call me weird but I would always buy a case for my smartphones or tablets. Laptop though, since most of them are meant to be durable so besides just the laptop bag they always give, my laptop have literally nothing.

My Switch barely a month old, and besides my right Joy Con being a bit flimsy, my Switch is almost like it is still out of the box.

If anyone wonders about my New 3DS XL, I bought for over two years and here it is:
I haven't play my New 3DS XL for a long time. So it got a bit of old smudge...
Here is what the case looks like, I put a white paper below to show how DISGUSTING can your plastic case get after years of playing.
Not really, I do wash them from time to time, plastic turns yellow is a normal if you take it outside.
Here is my New 3DS XL
Despite from my poor camera quality from Redmi... my New 3DS basically is still in a good condition, the joint felt flimsy as well. But that's totally normal and not really an issue (Because my old 3DS XL had the same condition too)

I can safely to say that New 3DS line has way better and durable circle pad than the old 3DS. I have played tons of matches with my New 3DS XL and it still not broke or feel odd.
Old 3DS circle pad uses combines with outer rubber and a hard plastic base within it, which is very easy to get loose in the old 3DS. 3DS XL it really took game like Smash Bros to break the inner plastic.

So how are your 3DS or Switch? Are they still good as new? Or already had some scratches or even broken joints?
Pretty sure no one's Switch is like this, this isn't a scar, it is a Switch dead body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom