• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

inb4 Resident Evil 4 Switch

Pretty much everything else is below expectations for Capcom though. Don't envy them at all.

"top 10 anime betrayals"

Mega Man Legacy Collection 1+2 on Switch Capcom. It makes too much sense Capcom. C'mon, you don't need to do much work.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Mega Man Legacy Collection 1+2 on Switch Capcom. It makes too much sense Capcom. C'mon, you don't need to do much work.
At this point it'd make the most sense to bundle all the games into one package and call it the Mega Man Ultimate Legacy Collection or something.

But that'd make TOO much sense, so they probably won't do it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So the health care bill Republicans have been trying to pass died. The implications, however, are just so great.

Okay, so. To give the short version, what they've been doing is trying to do is a budget reconciliation. Essentially they'd only need to get it to the floor and have a simple majority (50 votes instead of the usual 60) for it to pass, but if they fail, they can't do another healthcare budget reconciliation for the rest of the fiscal year. The Republican majority would have enough to pass it, up against only the democrats and the two republicans who have always been against it.

John McCain received a lot of flack for voting to allow it to come to a vote despite his cancer treatment. John McCain voted against it when the time came, killing the bill in what was likely an extremely calculated move. Considering there's no way they'd get a regular 60-40 majority, John McCain completely ****ed over the republicans who wanted this to pass.

This also comes two days after Trump commended McCain for being a "hero" and letting it come to a vote.

I am so happy right now.

McCain with the awesome anime betrayal move.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Found a remix of Sonic Colors' Terminal Velocity in The Mega Man X/X2 soundfont. It was done by some dude on Youtube named Parabeetle X.

I like seeing people use these soundfonts. Back to working on and off this project.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Why are sniper based boss battles always so damn fun!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Hey! Pikmin is fun so far. I was going to buy the Pikmin amiibo but they were sold out so I'll try again later.

I really want to try the Wario & Waluigi amiibo on this game but I've sworn to keep them in their boxes (hopefully my opened :4wario: amiibo will work the same)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Technically, it is, but you're acting like personifying unliving things is some kind of specific concept that Toy Story created.
It's the same as saying Sonic copied Mario because it's a game where you go from left to right, jump in enemies to destroy them and collect golden coins/rings.
Personification is one of the oldest writing techniques in existence, like when people looked at the sky and made gods out of the planets and stuff.

If personifying something is that specific of a concept that these three movies "share the same premise", then so do Fullmetal Alchemist, Beauty and the Beast, The Amazing World of Gumball, Steven Universe and literally any movie or show with talking animals.

You literally said that in the above quote.

At this point it just seems like you're trying to defend this movie for the sake of being a contrarian.
Nothing about the Emoji Movie deserves to be defended, it has no passion put in it whatsoever, made only for a cashgrab, between the laughable "inspiration" that created this thing between the copied plot structure, if Sony really is banking their movie department on this, they deserve to fail.

Yes, all of those share the same basic core concept. There's no point in denying that fact. Newsflash; tons of fiction isn't entirely original. Time to get over that. What is original is how they take and shape the concept to make something unique. The problem with Emoji is it didn't really try to be unique(despite what the director wanted). It was solely inspired as a movie itself by Toy Story. He also liked some ideas from other movies(hence why one character is similar to Wyldstyle). But the main inspiration to create it is different. He was not copying any actual movie whatsoever anyway. Now what executive meddling did is another story. Considering the ridiculous rumor that SPA actually canned two movies for it, it's already easy to believe they messed with many parts of the movie. Of course, that isn't provable either. But we do know for a fact SPA loves to mess with stuff.

Also, the core concept isn't "just" personification either. That's way too simple. The core concept was very specifically taking characters who actually have a physical form and treating them like their own person. Toy Story isn't even personification. Hell, only Emoji Movie and Inside Out even take the personification route. Wreck-It Ralph specifically is about actual characters having their own thoughts(just like Toy Story does). Emoji was inspired by one movie, as noted, and was trying to take what are basically still characters in some form and making them come to life. Inside Out is the only one that doesn't have actual characters coming to life, being solely based upon personification. But it's also clear that it has similarities to Toy Story's main concept of "what would happen if you people being themselves when the humans aren't looking?" That, fyi, is the concept behind Toy Story and all 3 of the other movies(same with the Lego Movie). All 5 movies all share this extremely specific concept(not personification). They almost all share the "Be yourself" message too. Lego Movie has a different one, though; Everyone is special and that's cool too.

Buddy, it has more passion than half the **** that is out there. The director was nothing more than passionate. You know what wasn't? SPA. Blame them, since of course they would mess with the movie. They stopped the production of one movie for literally no given reason and stopped another as well(that was due to creative differences, which is more reasonable). It was inevitable the movie couldn't be executed well due to the source of it, emojis themselves. They do not have a proper capability for characterization. Personifications can in general because many of them aren't extremely specific things.

I'm sick of people hating on it for reasons that don't make any logical sense. Calling it a rip-off when it did no such thing. Blaming it for canning two movies when it was not involved at all. I have every right to defend bull**** opinions. The movie not being liked because of how it was executed is actually a legit point. But want to know how many actually bother to watch it and judge it on its own merits instead of using bull**** non-factual reasons to hate it? Few. Anybody who saw it and still didn't like it? Kudos. You at least took the time to make sure it was as bad as you thought it was.

And yes, it deserves defending because it has a great Director who had nothing but passion and frankly? I'm very proud they wanted to see their dream movie come to fruition. That person deserves a medal for following their dream. SPA deserves a swift kick in the ass for ruining it with bull**** trailers. It's also very likely they meddled with the movie, which would explain the issues it has. It's pretty hard to execute a good movie under SPA as is. Can't blame the Director for at least trying. And honestly, anybody who did the research knows he was very passionate about it. When you consider the fact it's not solely him there, with things like SPA controlling it, a crew that easily can affect it, you get issues. It's kind of the natural problem that always happens when one makes a movie with a crew. Not everybody sees things the same way.

Preach my dude, preach

And I like the fact people are acting like thos one bad move is the end of the world, seeing the reactions
Well, anyone trying to force that opinion can be safely ignored anyway. That particular post/opinion, anyway. They're not worth replying to, because they're just hyperbolic and have no constructive criticism.

-------------

And yes, Embargoes absolutely mean nothing. They aren't an indicator of jack-all. All it is is a coincidental pattern. There is no fact that an Embargo = Bad Movie/Game. It's a pattern people see and try to dictate as real. There is no conspiracy to be had. The only thing worth looking at is the company behind the Embargo, not the fact it's an Embargo. Forest for the trees and all.

Now companies intentionally creating Embargoes to avoid letting people know there's game-breaking bugs is not really an issue with an Embargo(it's them actually abusing the law instead). It's the issue with the company refusing to playtest their crap and intentionally releasing a broken game. Sonic 06 is a beautiful example of this(not that it isn't playable, and it's actually more full of annoying bugs and glitches with almost nothing properly game-breaking. It's just hard to play due to some bugs. They fired the playtesters. Nuff said).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If it's like Splatoon 1 and according to Inkipedia (Splatoon Wiki), North America should be able to vote their upcoming Splatfest choice at midnight EST tonight.

And I am very curious what Japan has for their Splatfest

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sadly the Kirby, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda, and non-Mario Smash ones don't work, nor do one offs like Shovel Knight, Chibi Robo, or Qbby. Only the Super Mario, Splatoon, and Animal Crossing ones are compatible (and the Smash variants of those characters), alongside the Pikmin one and Olimar's Smash one.

The lack of Smash, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Qbby, Shovel Knight, and Chibi Robo could be explained by them sticking to in-house content only, but the lack of Zelda is strange.

Found a list of them though, and they're great. I'll edit in a link.

Edit: Link
>that Rosalina one

She likes everything big. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If it's like Splatoon 1 and according to Inkipedia (Splatoon Wiki), North America should be able to vote their upcoming Splatfest choice at midnight EST tonight.

And I am very curious what Japan has for their Splatfest
Well the Dualie Squelchers are going up at 7PM PST, so I almost wondered if it'd go live with them. All they said was "later tonight" for the Splatfest vote, and that's just two hours off from midnight EST anyway considering the time difference.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well the Dualie Squelchers are going up at 7PM PST, so I almost wondered if it'd go live with them. All they said was "later tonight" for the Splatfest vote, and that's just two hours off from midnight EST anyway considering the time difference.
All I know is pre-Splatfest launches a week before the real deal, but I can see it coming with the Dualie.

But we'll find out eventually.

Dual squelchers honestly sounds terrifying

High range with decent shot speed? Its like if splatlings didnt need to charge.

Alhough, it is kind of silly to just go "aha, i have created a new weapon! 1 weapon, and the same weapon in a different hand!"

im sure it will be balanced accordingy

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Alhough, it is kind of silly to just go "aha, i have created a new weapon! 1 weapon, and the same weapon in a different hand!"

See, but it's not just that, it's two weapons that click together into one weapon this time!

It's like a Bow, but for Squelching!

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Isn't it just the dula squelchers from 1 but now 2 guns instead of one gun with 2 nozzles?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I JUST learned that the Switch dock has two USB ports on the side of the thing. I thought the one inside the dock was the only one the Switch had.

How I missed that (then again, I'm play 99% wirelessly)?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Isn't it just the dula squelchers from 1 but now 2 guns instead of one gun with 2 nozzles?
Well the Jet Squelcher has only one nozzle from when I tried it out just now, so at least not that one.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
One of them had 2 nozzles in the first game
I realized that like 40 minutes later and feel kinda dumb now.

Doesn't help that I spent the entire time freaking out over not being able to find my watch when I finally need it, panic mixed with exhaustion isn't good for a good mood.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Would you believe me if I said that of all the franchises in the world, Sonic now has a canon gay couple?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Would you believe me if I said that of all the franchises in the world, Sonic now has a canon gay couple?

Wait.

Wasn't Sally Sonic's love interest and Nicole Tails' love interest?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Rotor was gay for ages and had a canon partner in one of the future storylines, this isn't even the first time.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Amy's in these, Sally could swing both ways, and Tails' love interest was Fiona iirc
I thought Sally and Sonic kissed and got married or whatever.

And apparently I got the name of Fiona wrong.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There was a reboot?

Man I am out of it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wait.

Wasn't Sally Sonic's love interest and Nicole Tails' love interest?
I don't follow the comics, but IIRC Sonic and Sally were made more platonic after the reboot due to SEGA's new rule of Sonic not being allowed to be in a confirmed romance anymore.

They started putting more emphasis on Sally and Nicole's relationship, but it was hotly debated within the fandom whether or not it was a really strong friendship or love. Until now, that is.

Rotor was gay for ages and had a canon partner in one of the future storylines, this isn't even the first time.
Rotor was never gay.

Ken Penders just tried to say he was to get attention after he was booted from the comic. His sexuality has never been touched upon in the comic and Pender's reasoning for him being gay was "he's shy and a nerd" (which a lot of people understandably took offense too).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom