• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Does everyone here know you can still pick up Golden Eggs while you're splatted?

I noticed some people not doing it while I was on the job, since it's not a thing they teach you I wondered if anyone missed it. You can still be useful even if you're waiting for rescue.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Speaking of movie mistakes, is the Tetris trilogy movies by the same guy who did Foodfight still happening?
Doesn't seem like there's been any news about it since last year, but I'd assume so.

And I didn't even know it was made by the Foodfight director lol. Dead on arrival.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Does everyone here know you can still pick up Golden Eggs while you're splatted?

I noticed some people not doing it while I was on the job, since it's not a thing they teach you I wondered if anyone missed it. You can still be useful even if you're waiting for rescue.
Well aware.

Might as well contribute while you're dragging the team behind.

D

Deleted member

Uh, no, they aren't "objects" either. Unliving becoming Living is not nor ever was a Personification. Being given personality is simply a matter of characterization. Just wanted to clear up the official definition used by the majority of people(although if you have seen the definition on Wikipedia, please do cite it. I have never legit heard of the definition you used at any time in my life).
"Personification is a figure of speech where human qualities are given to animals, objects or ideas."
Toys are objects, videogame characters are ideas.
Anyway, it's not an undeniable truth something will suck because of a Post-Release Embargo.
No one is saying it is though.
The actual fact is, if a movie is going to suck, it'll be because of the movie itself and nothing more
You're acting like I said the embargo is the cause, it's not, the embargo is the effect.
What isn't abuse is simply wanting people to judge the move on its own merits. Which is the only case being makeable for the Emoji movie.
No, it's not.
There's no reason to believe they held up the embargo so viewers could "judge by themselves", while we have every reason to believe it's because the reviews are **** because the movie is **** and Sony knows this
Because there's absolutely zero evidence to suggest otherwise.
*points to the reviews*
The Director wanted to give out a very specific message. Reviews have a habit of influencing people to see something that isn't there
I don't care what nonsense PR the director gave, that isn't even an reason to hold an embargo.

Reviews also have a habit of allowing a consumer to know what they're buying.
SPA(this is still a rumor, to note) are banking on its success to actually keep the company up
And if they were confident about the movie, they wouldn't have hold the reviews

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That said, and as I edited in earlier, we clearly won't see eye to eye on this. There's not much point in continuing to go on. We both made our points clear. I don't believe in every judging anything on baseless assumptions. You do. It is what it is. Agree to disagree and move on.

Take it from one of the biggest douches here.

If you're looking to "agree to disagree" with someone, don't throw in a condescending remark that's still making it look like you feel you have the moral high ground. The whole point of "agree to disagree" is to say that both yours and the opposition's points have enough merit that both sides can agree to leave each other with their views. In the end, the discussion is what matters most, and even if nobody's mind was swayed, both parties made points that can continue to be productive and further considered in their own heads, outside of the discussion.

What you're saying here basically comes across as "I can't convince you, but I still know better than you". Statements like that completely defeat the purpose of agreeing to disagree with someone.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Y'know, out of all the games you could give not just a movie to, but a TRILOGY, Tetris isn't something most people would have in mind. Or at least shouldn't.

Well, at least it doesn't much in terms of competition. Most game movies are terrible. Except the first MK movie and the animated SF2 movie.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Take it from one of the biggest douches here.

If you're looking to "agree to disagree" with someone, don't throw in a condescending remark that's still making it look like you feel you have the moral high ground. The whole point of "agree to disagree" is to say that both yours and the opposition's points have enough merit that both sides can agree to leave each other with their views. In the end, the discussion is what matters most, and even if nobody's mind was swayed, both parties made points that can continue to be productive and further considered in their own heads, outside of the discussion.

What you're saying here basically comes across as "I can't convince you, but I still know better than you". Statements like that completely defeat the purpose of agreeing to disagree with someone.
Wasn't taking the moral high ground, actually. I was stating a fact that I saw. If anything, I probably misread what he meant(well, probably is my hopeful view of it). It just came off poorly. I apologize for that. In fact, I was trying to make sure we understood each other's exact views and moved on. It was entirely coincidental that it sounded like my morals were higher. To be fair, I have very high standards for criticisms, so in a way, they are technically higher. But it wasn't intended to come off as acting holier than thou either way.

That said, please PM about stuff like this. I don't want criticisms of a person to be on the forums in cases like this. The debate is supposed to be over, so this inherently continues it and makes it worse. And I do appreciate what you said.

Also, you're not a douche, honestly. You just tend to sometimes be poor with wording. It happens. Also, please reply to this in PM. I actually want to talk about it with you. You have no idea how helpful you are being right now. :)

@Shishoe: Please drop it. Also, it's very clear we had entirely unique definitions.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So... Summer Xander looks fine without nipples, Im okay with that.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So my team based third person medieval fantasy game idea is temporarily named Wizards and Warriors(yes I know it's already a game). Every character has 9 hit points and 4 magic points.

There are a bunch of weapon types(swords, axes, spears, wands and bows. Sickles, katanas and hammers in free dlc) each has a strength stat of 1 to 3 stars(which is the damage it deals). Every weapon also has a secondary ability that uses atleast 1 magic point except for a couple weapons. You can also carry 1 extra consumable item which you lose if you use.

There's a bunch of modes for online: Deathmatch, Control Point, King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, Payload and Payload Race.
There are also a couple of modes that make you on your own team. It'd be like with Splatoon where it shuffles every 2 hours.

There'd also be a horde mode similar to Salmon Run and a single player mode. :p

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
any scientists wanna diagnose why the doom download keeps spitting at my ps4 despite the fact theres like 75gb of open space left?
Y'know, out of all the games you could give not just a movie to, but a TRILOGY, Tetris isn't something most people would have in mind. Or at least shouldn't.

Well, at least it doesn't much in terms of competition. Most game movies are terrible. Except the first MK movie and the animated SF2 movie.
i unironically love the mario movie
its absolutely fascinating to me

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hey guys, guess which new weapon just rolled out and is definitely getting nerfed in the near future?

D

Deleted member

Drop it? I'm not gonna drop it now that you mispelled my name, tainted my honor!
C'mon, ****ing 1v1 me, let's settle this in Smash, you ****ing *****, I bwt you main Diddy Kong or some **** like that with your funcancellings
Obligatory note in case anyone takes this seriously

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Drop it? I'm not gonna drop it now that you mispelled my name, tainted my honor!
C'mon, ****ing 1v1 me, let's settle this in Smash, you ****ing *****, I bwt you main Diddy Kong or some **** like that with your funcancellings
Obligatory note in case anyone takes this seriously

Oh ****! Naaaaaaaw you DIDN'T!!!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Attention:

Everyone, please move on from this debate. It is obvious that both of you don't see eye to eye, and you are both getting your points across in a manner that is coming off as less than friendly. I am sure that was not the intention of either of you. So if you guys can please move on and talk about anime or Splatoon or whatever it was you guys were talking about before, that would be splendid. That, and two of my fingertips have band-aids on them from paper cuts, so typing is something of a chore, and I don't want to have to get all typey with another response. If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to PM me. Thank you kindly.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, already in progress.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Admin suggesting to talk about anime.

Spongebob_Best_Day_Ever.mp3

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Layton is asking you if you have a war cry, what do you want as your war cry?
I'm guessing by the time of this post you've already decided on something, but in case you haven't I'll go with "Attack me if you dare!", quoting Dunban from Xenoblade (since I'm uncreative).
AmericanDJ AmericanDJ Im never giving you money ever again. I gave you money twice to go buy an new outfit and twice you came back with a banana
Wow.
That's an epic fail if I've ever seen one.:chuckle:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
On a more serious and personal note.

I'm starting to feel like I'm becoming more and more of an asshole with every message I post on the Boards. I think I may take an indefinite hiatus from posting until I feel like I can comfortably talk to people on here without feeling like a complete ****. I dunno if I am even being a complete **** but that's the way I feel and I'm sorry to everyone I've said something upsetting to. If you want to chat me up, I guess you can hit me up in a PM. Maybe I'll feel better about myself sooner than I think but for now. Take care ya losers.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
After playing with the Dualie Squelchers in Turf for an hour and losing a reasonable amount of times to teams that both had and lacked them, I have come to the conclusion that these are not in fact (horribly) overpowered, they're just really, really fun. And every bit as suited to my preferred style of play as advertised.

They ink a really high score compared to other non-Aerosprays, but it's narrow enough that I have to rely on the rest of my team to actually handle bread and butter ink coverage.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm guessing by the time of this post you've already decided on something, but in case you haven't I'll go with "Attack me if you dare!", quoting Dunban from Xenoblade (since I'm uncreative).

Wow.
That's an epic fail if I've ever seen one.:chuckle:
Dunno if the game will take that many characters but Ill try it, also you did it 3 times. I almost stopped giving you money

I'm starting to feel like I'm becoming more and more of an ******* with every message I post on the Boards. I think I may take an indefinite hiatus from posting until I feel like I can comfortably talk to people on here without feeling like a complete ****. I dunno if I am even being a complete **** but that's the way I feel and I'm sorry to everyone I've said something upsetting to. If you want to chat me up, I guess you can hit me up in a PM. Maybe I'll feel better about myself sooner than I think but for now. Take care ya losers.
I have this saying, if it aint you, its everyone else and it sure isnt you

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So the DBFZ beta in Japan will have 10 characters while the European one will have "more than 9" characters. I'm assuming the NA ones will also follow suit.

We should be finding out who the 10th character is soon.
NAO BROLY?!

-cough-
But seriously. It may be time for a "villainous" character release now that we got three heroes (Trunks, Krillin, Piccolo) after the first set of heroes and villains on initial reveal.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Wow...the Inkbrush and the Roller are the only decent weapons in Salmon Run this time...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nobody looked at my stupid game idea I posted(either on this page or the last).

:(
I read it, I'm just bad at coming up with feedback.

Uh. . .add a dragon mode. Have your team's HP tracked on a shared meter, and when it drops below a certain point the last person hit turns into a dragon with higher than normal HP and MP. If the dragon is killed your team loses.

I'm not original, but hey, why just borrow from Splatoon?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So....

You have to pick a joke character for Fire Emblem Warriors.

It can be anyone in the series but they have to be purposely bad and wacky.

Go.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So....

It can be anyone in the series but ipthey have to be purposely bad and wacky.

Go.
Roy Batta the Beast

I'm starting to feel like I'm becoming more and more of an ******* with every message I post on the Boards. I think I may take an indefinite hiatus from posting until I feel like I can comfortably talk to people on here without feeling like a complete ****. I dunno if I am even being a complete **** but that's the way I feel and I'm sorry to everyone I've said something upsetting to. If you want to chat me up, I guess you can hit me up in a PM. Maybe I'll feel better about myself sooner than I think but for now. Take care ya losers.
*latches on to leg* I feel you're one of the nicest people here. You'll be missed in the meantime

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So....

It can be anyone in the series but ipthey have to be purposely bad and wacky.

Go.
I was going to give a joke response, but then I realized Arthur pretty much fits the bill perfectly by being a walking magnet for bad luck in the shape of a superhero.

The jokes in FE tend to be more weapon based than character based overall, though. Which I think Hyrule Warriors did from what I remember looking it up one time, so we may actually get those Logs and Ladles in FE Warriors depending on how it's handled.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Just letting you know, you're one of the nicest people I've met on these forums.

Hope to see you back soon.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

You're one of the last people I expected to say that. You seem pretty chill.

NAO BROLY?!

-cough-
But seriously. It may be time for a "villainous" character release now that we got three heroes (Trunks, Krillin, Piccolo) after the first set of heroes and villains on initial reveal.
I think they'll save some of the big characters for later. Big as in popular. Right now they're getting the more obvious ones out of the way. Though Broly's probably the only movie villain to get a decent shot for a first entry in a game like this. Bardock too, but he's not exactly a full on villain.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
...Whoa, I didn't know you were this clingy. :p
From my experence, the clingy ones are the most guilty
I was going to give a joke response, but then I realized Arthur pretty much fits the bill perfectly by being a walking magnet for bad luck in the shape of a superhero.

The jokes in FE tend to be more weapon based than character based overall, though. Which I think Hyrule Warriors did from what I remember looking it up one time, so we may actually get those Logs and Ladles in FE Warriors depending on how it's handled.
One problem, Arthur is wacky but not bad, he was a hell of a good unit in my game

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

I know we haven't talked with each other much, but I think you're a really great and chill dude who always brings some interesting points to discussions.

You will be missed in the meantime. I hope you come back soon.

So....

It can be anyone in the series but they have to be purposely bad and wacky.

Go.
I think this individual would fit perfectly for a joke character in FE: Warriors.

Azama is remembered for being a major troll amongst the Fire Emblem Fates cast. I can imagine him fitting as a joke character perfectly in two ways. One, his personality. As he fights in the battlefield, he would constantly make trollish comments. Two, his limited use in battle. In his home game, many fans call him a bad unit because of his low Magic stat, and when combined with his healer trait, he is generally considered to be a bad healer. Thus, I can imagine his use of staffs in the battlefield wouldn't be very effective, whether it'd be for the sake of healing or for general combat against foes.

Here's another individual I'd pick for a joke character in FE: Warriors.

Nomah is arguably the worst unit in Fire Emblem Gaiden/Echoes due to his almost nonexistent growths and generally lackluster base stats. He can also be quite a jokester, as shown with his supports with Cellica where he fakes a back injury to the point he asks Celica for a back rub. I imagine Nomah would play out similarly to Azama: a healer-type character who would attack with magic from a staff, though unlike Azama, Nomah would not make troll comments and instead make some comments relating to religion (though I can imagine he'd have some quotes like, "I may be old, but I'm still in top condition!").

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Like eveyone said, I feel like you are one of the nicest and chillest person here.

But if you think you are not like that, then I hope you the best and I hope you come back very soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom