• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Still a bit Jealous, I could never be that good. Even with 22 year of me trying my butt off
Like any skill, you'll improve if you commit to it.

It's only been 2 months since I've drawn, and yet it's like I forgot a lot of the stuff I knew.

Unlike Manly, I kind of base all of my drawings off circles. His way is probably better, lol.
It's not the first time I've heard about using squares to base everything off of. In fact I think there's a website dedicated to teaching that way.

D

Deleted member

The best I can draw is stick figures and ironic memes.

Funnily enough, projects where I have to draw make me fail classes over my entire life more so than anything else. :p Thankfully tests are always easy for me which is how I usually get by.

I hate group projects too. Not because I'm not capable of working with other people, it's just that a lot of the time no one is willing to work or agree on ideas. That and I just don't like to fail other people. That's why I've never liked sports, not because of the physical activity, but because I don't like to get into any drama.(I got in a ton of fights because of sports in elementary and one in middleschool.)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
An important thing to remember when learning to draw, is that you actually have to be learning...

Just like in sports and exercise...you need to train yourself...do those reps and push yourself forward...

Mindlessly doodling stickmen for hundreds of hours doesn't get you anywhere if you're not willing to push beyond those boundaries...and learn anatomy, gestures, perspective, etc...

An important thing to remember is to start big when drawing, start off with larger shapes and don't concern yourself with the details until you have laid down those foundations...composition, perspective, proportions should take priority for the most part while anatomy, design, colour/value come later...

With all that said I too need to get back into drawing...

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Server Browser and major Custom Games changes coming.
CTF is staying
And be able to customize CTF is also amazing as well. It seems that you will be able to ban some characters or some of their abilities in CTF in custom game as well right? Like Symmetra can't use her shield matrix, Winston can't use his force field etc.
Also, Lijiang Tower has a non-event version for Capture the Flag.

I love this day version of Lijiang Tower. I hope they do more day and night time versions of stages.
I hope we can have winter version of Kings Row back in the Christmas event, so is Halloween event they can bring back Halloween theme Hollywood and night version of Eichwalde, also night version of Hanamura where we only see it in Hanzo and Genji's animation short "Two Dragons".

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
And be able to customize CTF is also amazing as well. It seems that you will be able to ban some characters or some of their abilities in CTF in custom game as well right? Like Symmetra can't use her shield matrix, Winston can't use his force field etc.

I hope we can have winter version of Kings Row back in the Christmas event, so is Halloween event they can bring back Halloween theme Hollywood and night version of Eichwalde, also night version of Hanamura where we only see it in Hanzo and Genji's animation short "Two Dragons".
Yeah, you have control over a ton of things, including character movement speeds, individual cooldown for abilities, set them per team. It's pretty in-depth.

What I'd like to see next is some sort of map editor and we could be seeing something really insane.

Overwatch 2017 is shaping up nicely already.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ugh now I need Peri but I don't wanna spend a **** tonne of money to have the chance to get her.
Me too, instead I got Camilla, female Corrin, and male Robin.
Yeah, you have control over a ton of things, including character movement speeds, individual cooldown for abilities, set them per team. It's pretty in-depth.

What I'd like to see next is some sort of map editor and we could be seeing something really insane.

If remember correctly, does Team Fortress 2 have this kind of server browser too?

Overwatch 2017? Yeah, it is getting better and better, I'm curious on what events they will bring to us and an annual esports tournament can be good too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Found a good remix of Tenguman's theme from Mega Man and Bass.

Which is pretty cool to me, since most remixes tend to be for Mega Man 1-6, and occasionally 9 and 10.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Me too, instead I got Camilla, female Corrin, and male Robin.

If remember correctly, does Team Fortress 2 have this kind of server browser too?

Overwatch 2017? Yeah, it is getting better and better, I'm curious on what events they will bring to us and an annual esports tournament can be good too.
Team Fortress was built on server browsers.

Ivander

Smash Legend

There was a post by Jeff where he did mention that he would like to see map editing or some other similar thing, but mentioned that it might not be the easiest as Overwatch was built with a new engine rather than an existing engine. That being said, looking at how customizable Custom Games has become, it's possible that the idea is being considered or prepared for.

Either way, yeah. 2017 is shaping up nicely so far. Now I just wonder just how powerful can the players influence the developers with "popular" Custom Game changes as Jeff mentioned about potentially happening.

Edit: Also, I still wonder when the next character will be shown or what the next event will be. Valentine's Day and Easter were disconfirmed. So the only major days around in Spring are St. Patricks Day and April Fools. There is also International Women's Day, but last time I checked, that one wasn't a major or official holiday.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I decided to watch some Fire Emblem Heroes game-play for the heck of it. Let's just say, I had my usual fair share of comments about the game due to my views on Fire Emblem as a whole (it's all in good fun for the majority):

"Anime wins again!", "Anime everywhere", "Anime intensifes".

Disregard that last one. :p (in general though, this probably isn't surprising to that many people). On a side-note, I'm also watching re-roll videos for fun; people will really go out of their way to achieve 5 stars, huh?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
http://www.thedipr.com/store/the-dunkr-blue/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrI4i3PvPBI

There latest one is of a product that actually currently exists on the market

Edit: Presenting what happens when 2 kickstarters join together in full force

I just rewatched that today and I swear, so of these kickstarters they cover are something else
I decided to watch some Fire Emblem Heroes game-play for the heck of it. Let's just say, I had my usual fair share of comments about the game due to my views on Fire Emblem as a whole (it's all in good fun for the majority):

"Anime wins again!", "Anime everywhere", "Anime intensifes".

Disregard that last one. :p (in general though, this probably isn't surprising to that many people). On a side-note, I'm also watching re-roll videos for fun; people will really go out of their way to achieve 5 stars, huh?
Why is "anime" the go to thing to call Fire Emblem?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The US is rejecting all avocado shipments from México.
So Japan stepped in and said "yo, we want those 54,000 tons of avocado"

The 2017 anime series will feature 100% more guacamole from now on. :069:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
There was a post by Jeff where he did mention that he would like to see map editing or some other similar thing, but mentioned that it might not be the easiest as Overwatch was built with a new engine rather than an existing engine. That being said, looking at how customizable Custom Games has become, it's possible that the idea is being considered or prepared for.

Either way, yeah. 2017 is shaping up nicely so far. Now I just wonder just how powerful can the players influence the developers with "popular" Custom Game changes as Jeff mentioned about potentially happening.

Edit: Also, I still wonder when the next character will be shown or what the next event will be. Valentine's Day and Easter were disconfirmed. So the only major days around in Spring are St. Patricks Day and April Fools. There is also International Women's Day, but last time I checked, that one wasn't a major or official holiday.
If Jeff says they "would like to see it" I'd imagine it'll happen some day. But I can't imagine it happening any time this year, maybe not even next year. From what I understand, things like map editors can take up a lot of time to develop, especially when they're in-depth tools that provide players a lot of freedom.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Whats Japan gonna do with 54,000 tons of avocado?
What can you make out of 54,000 tons of avocado?
Are there enough uses for that much of that?:080:

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So its anime by default because of the art style and tropes
ok then.

That reminds me of people calling Vocaloid Anime because of its artstyle
Honestly, I am just messing around; while Fire Emblem may not be of my preference for various reasons, I don't eternally despise it. The artwork is really nice despite only knowing the characters that have appeared in Smash (excluding Lyn who I knew about beforehand); the rest are blanks for me. :p

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Whats Japan gonna do with 54,000 tons of avocado?
What can you make out of 54,000 tons of avocado?
Strangely, the avocado is very consumed there, since 2013 they used to get 950 tons of it per month. And they were the second most important consumer after the US.

Now that the commercial MEX-USA ties are getting ruined, Japan becomes the main consumer and will recieve all the shipments planned for the US, 100,000 tons of avocado are expected to be shipped in the following months.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Can' believe it happened, but rest in piece Seshiji o Pin! I had a feeling a dancing manga would be too unpopular for a shonen audience.

But that time skip ending will be well worth the wait

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Hey, just now getting that news. Awesome. This is great.

So who here likes guacamole?

upload_2017-2-8_1-59-52.png

Heeeey. Bet that won't impact anything.

Guess I'll grab my Cantina Power Bowls while I still can.

Why Japan will just make avocado ice cream and it will be a huge hit!:laugh:
Sure, why not.

Already does pretty well here.

We live in a strange world.
Yes we do, Fal.

Yes we do.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm actually getting back into drawing. I've been trying the last couple days, even before Manly posted. I finally finished the last part I needed to figure out my story to the point I could start the drawings. I think I'll start making animals soon afterward.

IDK, I'm trying to get back into things but I haven't really been able to lately. Lack of confidence and no energy

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
What the hell?

Why do you have that? Why do you have a Pikachu for every situation?
Allow me to respond to all three parts of that question.

That is the Justin Bailey outfit.

I made it as a response to the revelation of ZSS' Justin Bailey alt.

And because I damn well want to.

Also it's good practice and I'm fond of visual gags.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I am literally going to look around for anything that remotely looks like harambe or some other meme.

I could pay off my debt with this.

edit: Just need to wait for the next big meme
I have a suggestion. Use your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom