• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always thought it was weird that KISS dress more extreme than their music

All bark but no bite

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I like how they made a game about exploration and discovery and then seemingly dump half the game to the public.

I really do wish we got nothing beyond the initial trailer.
That'd be a pretty poor way to market the game. One trailer long before release then silence? Not a great way to maintain hype. Plus not everyone is or will be convinced to buy a game, let alone possibly a system to play the game, with just a single trailer.

With the amount of money Nintendo has likely sunk into this title (quite possibly the most ever for the company), plus the fact that it's their flagship title for the Switch, and the only killer app at launch, they need to promote the hell out of it.

Also fwiw there's no way we know even close to about "half the game".

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'd prefer Yamada Kotaro (Lyn's artwork) or Hako (Felicia, Shanna) to do later games.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
It's obviously for the unit left there to keep him safe.

That's why Marcus has a support with him.
But then why Nino and Vaida? And why not a support with Oswin?

And if you're leaving Marcus behind to guard Merlinus, you're playing FE7 wrong.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Masked Royal on the other hand, now that's a trustworthy guy.
True but while he seems honorable, something seems fishy.

Like he's up to something. Maybe his real identity is probably Guzma

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I really need to find a better option for playing my GBA carts...right now I have either my sister's original unlit GBA or my GBA SP which has broken shoulder buttons and randomly shuts off. :/

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I really need to find a better option for playing my GBA carts...right now I have either my sister's original unlit GBA or my GBA SP which has broken shoulder buttons and randomly shuts off. :/
You could get them on Wii U.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I've never understood why 16x in FE7 is a gaiden. What the heck happens in the story if you don't unlock it?
You could get them on Wii U.
The whole point is to play using the original carts that I already own.

If I didn't want to do that I'd just use an emulator.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've got a question for anyone that does flash

Is it possible to make something load randomly, so that every time you watch a video of it (Assuming you're watching through something that can read action script) it's slightly different?

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Not gonna lie but FE Heroes is actually making me want to play a FE game.

Echoes can't come here soon enough.
I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it! I also do admit that Fire Emblem Echoes is the most exciting part. Updating the second oldest Japanese exclusive FE game and finally bringing it over is definitely a big move on Intelligent Systems.

I have a memorable affliction with KOEI and their hack and slash genre games so Fire Emblem Warriors is looking like something pretty good too.

Too bad Fire Emblem Heroes is probably going to be the last Fire Emblem game I'll ever play in the series though. I should try and enjoy it the most that I can with it.

D

Deleted member

So they could have one of the greatest scenes in Scooby Doo History:

Yes this all is implied to actually happen, and not a trance like the bad guy states.

It's so over the top, but I love the Scooby Doo meets Kiss movie.
This is no doubt, amazing.

I always thought it was weird that KISS dress more extreme than their music

All bark but no bite
I mean, they are a 1970s band, their songs were considered more so extreme for the time. :p The same could be said for other 70s bands though which look more 'extreme' than their songs are perceived nowadays, such as Dead or Alive.

Chrom looks like he never lifted in his life
To be fair, Fredrick could probably throw him like a javelin. :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ever had someone go "I wish someone would do this" every day, and then you decide to do it, and that person gets angry

Like your mom saying how no one ever does the dishes, so you do the dishes, and somehow that gets her more pissed than if no one did the dishes

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fae and Raigh obviously have the best art, Yuji Himukai should to the artwork for future FE games, no question
And yeah, Chrom's art in Heroes is really ugly, the only one I find such
I've never understood why 16x in FE7 is a gaiden. What the heck happens in the story if you don't unlock it?

The whole point is to play using the original carts that I already own.

If I didn't want to do that I'd just use an emulator.
Chapter 16x is really weird
Like, if you don't get it, you lose out on the only Dark Magic user in the whole game not counting Athos(who only joins in the endgame).

D

Deleted member

You know what, I think I actually will draw.

@ManlySpirit mind if I asked what you think would be good fundamentals to start learning art with?

Perspective.

If you master perspective, you'll go places. If you can draw a cube in perspective, you can pretty much draw anything. All my constructions are from cubes. From there, anatomy, and lighting, and then composition. When you got those down, work on design and style.

Though it really depends on your personal goals. Like in my case, since I work with comics, rendering, painting, and colors are of less value to me. If you're wanting to learn animation, then no point in learning color theory, and rendering, etc...

Though, at the end of the day, all the fundies are worth picking up. My next comic will make heavy use of animation techniques for example, so over the course of this year, I'm gonna spend time studying sakuga.

When I come online tomorrow, I'll tag you in a post with some recommended books and stuff.

You make my jealously flare up like a forest fire pff
To be fair, I have the luxury of being able to do this for a living now, and I've been going into overdrive learning all sorts of techniques from the pros.

I probably draw between 8-12 hours a day on average, every single day (insert Saitama meme here). Today I drew for 14 hours actually. And that's the result of countless hours. They say it's 10,000 hours till mastery, and I still haven't hit that number yet. Though in a couple years' time, I'm excited to see where I'll be.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I've been making decent progress in drawing too. No where near where I want to be, but I'm slowly taking the steps to be on a more professional level. I need to make sure I get more of a working habit to just draw more and more and more though.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Looking at the heroes art for my favourite characters...since people were talking about it...

Tharja-Looks good, I like the rendering style of this artwork though I find her face looks off to me, though perhaps I'm just being picky but perhaps she's a bit too 'cute' which I say loosely, perhaps it's just the style choice which leans towards larger eyes than the Awakening art which is more realistically proportioned eyes...I feel her pose is slightly out of character since it has her appear more as a seductress in a way when her personality at times tends towards more of a 'leave me be'...unless it's Robin of course

Cordelia-Not a fan...compared to her Awakening art this is pretty bleh...the pose is stiff and boring and her face looks very off...

Lon'qu-The only one I like better than the Awakening artwork...a more interesting pose as well as not having his back facing the viewer makes it seem more inviting, though he still maintains his disposition...The artstyle reminds me a little bit of a creature and character artist Andrew Hau (njoo), who has also worked with a cell-shaded look with added texture and gradients to give more interest to otherwise blank surfaces...an example of his work in this style
Compared to their Awakening art...

Her pose here has more of a, I don't want to say nervousness or shyness but she's not quite as open as her heroes art suggests...She comes across as more of an introverted character wanting to mostly keep to herself (and Robin) and doesn't really have that sort of 'look at me I'm sexy' attitude...

This is what you call a pose^^^ The flow and composition from her left leg and up to her hair makes a very nice 'S' curve that leads the eye upwards in addition to her lance and her right leg which gives added depth and perspective...

Even though his pose here is less inviting than his heroes art, it actually fits his character a fair bit...as well as the little butterfly which possibly symbolizes his more compassionate side...and somewhat delicate given his nervous disposition around women..

Wow...at first I was just going to say whether I liked them or not but I ended up giving some critiques instead...brings me back to when I was on an art forum writing parapraphs of crits and comments for other people's artwork...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually have to relearn drawing because I haven't drawn in a while.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Perspective.

If you master perspective, you'll go places. If you can draw a cube in perspective, you can pretty much draw anything. All my constructions are from cubes. From there, anatomy, and lighting, and then composition. When you got those down, work on design and style.

Though it really depends on your personal goals. Like in my case, since I work with comics, rendering, painting, and colors are of less value to me. If you're wanting to learn animation, then no point in learning color theory, and rendering, etc...

Though, at the end of the day, all the fundies are worth picking up. My next comic will make heavy use of animation techniques for example, so over the course of this year, I'm gonna spend time studying sakuga.

When I come online tomorrow, I'll tag you in a post with some recommended books and stuff.

To be fair, I have the luxury of being able to do this for a living now, and I've been going into overdrive learning all sorts of techniques from the pros.

I probably draw between 8-12 hours a day on average, every single day (insert Saitama meme here). Today I drew for 14 hours actually. And that's the result of countless hours. They say it's 10,000 hours till mastery, and I still haven't hit that number yet. Though in a couple years' time, I'm excited to see where I'll be.
I don't see myself making a career out of it, but nonetheless I would like to see myself have some form of mastery, or at least show I know what I'm doing.

8-12 hours a day seems pretty wild, but suppose if you want to improve you gotta dedicate a good chunk of time into it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Still a bit Jealous, I could never be that good. Even with 22 year of me trying my butt off

but I bet it brings in good money

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's only been 2 months since I've drawn, and yet it's like I forgot a lot of the stuff I knew.

Unlike Manly, I kind of base all of my drawings off circles. His way is probably better, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom